My lines by slurm

Based on Click to view
Artist slurm [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

My lines

Postby slurm » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:16 pm

Toes and feet - pay attention to toes, usually 2-4 toes are visible from the side of a standing cat, maybe even all five depending on position of feet.
Cats claws are retractable, so you get to choose weather they are visible or not. When they are they should be rather small, and come out right above the cats paw pads.
note: cats have 5 toes on each front paw and four on each back paw, just something to keep in mind.

Legs - You should make the cats rear ankles stick out a bit more. Try drawing a basic skeleton (see faint blue lines) before you start your lines.

Head - Snout should be slightly larger, cat snouts are kind of like boxes, make sure that the edge of the "box" from the nose to the shine slants downward toward the chest.
Paw attention to ears! Make sure the ears are coming strait out of the skull, not some other impossible place far off. I find it very helpful to look at some pictures before I draw the ears... now I don't really need to because I know what they look like from memory (my room is also covered in cat posters...)

Tail - Your tail is great, probably better than mine, I was a bit lazy on my tail because of that. Remember when you are drawing you cat character doing different things, the tail means different things. A tail held high in the air can mean:
- a greeting
- a sign of happiness
- (sometimes) a goodbye
A tail arched in an n/upside down u or v shape means the cat is in a playful mood. Usually you will see this when a kitten chases it's littermate.
A relaxed tail, held low behind the body, (the tail position you drew) I often see in my own cat. He does this when he is roaming the house, not super happy, not sad or afraid, really feeling neutral. Tails are also usually held low but more strait back when the cat is hunting.
A tail puffed out like a pinecone means the cat is terrified! Cats may also puff out their fur when the are mad, or about to fight, in attempt to look bigger and maybe scare the other animal away.

Other - overall your cat looks good, just needs a few little things here and there.
Note: Check out my gallery to see other cat drawings and redlines I have done!
deviantart

Marco
Hailey, Winifred
Horizon, Tadpole

-

Look at my precious children look at them
Oh no she is blinded
slurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My lines

Postby wolfie. » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:35 am

Thank you so much, that helps a ton! .3.
wolfie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me