Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby Rosemoon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:31 am

Username + ID#: Rosemoon #941592
Kalon Link: Ezekiel
Chosen Prompt: Is there a political climate? What’s it like?
Prompt Response:
"So in other words, you would rather we open up the gates and let the mutated and irradiated monsters come and destroy our cities that folks worked hard and long to build for centuries after the explosion?"
The TV talking heads were arguing back and forth, but Ezekiel barely listened. He already knew what was going to be broadcasted today. There was an upcoming election and the candidates were on opposing sides of a very important issue; should we let the people trapped in the radioactive wasteland west America be let back into the rest of the world?
Ezekiel knew what he wanted. He wanted to, at the very least, be allowed inside the walls legally so he could search for his best friend, Blake. They used to live on that side of the country, you see, before the bombs fell. Ezekiel had told Blake to stay there while he got help, but help never came. Ezekiel ended up being barred from his friend, and his friend stayed trapped on the other side. Ezekiel could only imagine what had happened to him, or even if he was still alive.
The political climate in the states, at the moment, was chaotic and unstable. There were strong opinions on both sides about why they were right and the other was wrong. No one could agree on anything anymore and it was absolutely, as Ezekiel put it, "guano".
"Okay, but the more important thing here is that we have loved ones over there, waiting for us, and we owe it to them to save them!"
"Now that's a crock of crazy, there's no way for us to know if they're even still alive, plus how would we cure anyone with high levels of radiation in their system, what do we do about any of that?"
The TV blinked off, the old fashioned monitor sizzled from the heat of electricity in the deafening silence. There was a green halo around the screen and static came off of it like steam. Ezekiel stood in front of the TV, head hanging low.
He was tired of all these politicians arguing. He was tired of the political state of his own city being as much of a turmoil as it is. It was annoying, and he just didn't care about any of it. He wasn't about to wait any longer for the people to come to a decision, especially if that decision got in the way of what he needed to do. He was going to get to the other side of that wall no matter what, even if the forces of the military tried to stop him.
Ezekiel sat in his swivel desk chair hard, sending it rolling a bit across the room with him on it until it coincidentally brought him to his desk. There on it was a flyer that said, "wanna make a change? Enter the election and become president today!" Ezekiel took the flyer in his fist and threw it across the room.
"Wanna make a change? Stop waiting for the political climate to sway your way and do it yourself, you coward!" he growled to himself in the dark and lonely of his room.

Token Worth: [533 Words] 5 Tokens
Previous Responses: For Sydney: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
For Ezekiel: N/A
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am

Chosen Prompt: Write about this kals earliest memory.
Prompt Response:
There was a bright light, unnatural and harsh. Ezekiel was sitting on a metal bed of sorts with a thin paper on it. He had wires around his abdomen and chest.
"Patient 0 has exhibited normal behaviors, nothing seems uncommon yet. It might still be too soon to tell" a voice said.
"Subject is Patient 0. Age 3. Vitals normal" another over a monitor spoke. The speaker overhead crackled a moment as if someone was trying to say something, and then turned off.
"Put him back in the room, he's cold" Ezekiel didn't even realize he was shivering through his fur. He was wrapped in a warm blanket and gently brought into a small room. He was placed into a small but very comfortable bed, all snuggled up. The room was dark but it had glow in the dark stars on the ceiling to give it a small amount of luminescence. There was a little white noise machine that played the sound of ocean waves to cover up the beeps of the monitor he was on. He closed his eyes again as he started to fall asleep.
"Will he be okay?" a woman stepped in and asked.
"He'll be alright, he's exhibiting normal behaviors, nothing unusual. He'll be able to go back home in a few days, ma'am" a man answered.
"Thank you, doctor. I've been so afraid for my son, I don't know..." she started to cry.
"I understand, ma'am. Since growing the abnormalities he's been stable. Thank you for letting us research him, and we've maintained that both your identities remain protected and secure".
"Will he remember any of this?"
"Fortunately no, he will not remember as far as we know, which is what is for the best. Him remembering any of this may cause some trauma, because this type of thing might be not bad for us but to someone so young, it's scary".
Ezekiel let himself close his eyes and drift into deep sleep.
---
"That's the earliest memory I can think of" Ezekiel told his friend Jasper over the phone.
"Okay, bro, you sound like you might've had like a disease as a kid, do you remember anything else?"
"Nothing" he scratched his head.
"Hm. Okay, weird but probably not the cause of your crazy escapades lately" his friend muttered.
"My crazy escapades are going to save Blake, you know"
"Yeah, I get it bro, but it's also, like, unhealthy or whatever"
"What's unhealthy is your on again off again relationship with Michael" Ezekiel raised an eyebrow,
"That's a low blow!" his friend said indignantly.
"Then don't judge me!" Ezekiel laughed.
"I'm not! I'm just saying, your earliest memory was of being in a doctor's testing facility hooked up to wires with some abnormalities. Abnormalities bro! It's in the name, that's abnormal! And it could maybe linked to your recent behavior, but I don't know. Your behavior's just been uncool is all" Jasper cleared his throat.
"I get it. But then what else could be making me feel this way?"
"I don't know, let's just sleep on it" and Jasper hung up.
Ezekiel scoffed and flopped down on his bed.
That night he dreamed about his earliest memory again.

Token Worth: [533 Words] 5 Tokens
For Ezekiel: [1]
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Username + ID#: Sinfil_Lies #773401
Kalon Link: Theory
Chosen Prompt: Describe some of the flora/fauna that is unique to their world
Prompt Response: The Island that Theory lives on has a flower with star shaped petals. Theory has always referred to them as Shooting Stars, but their actual botanical name is Comet Lilies
Token Worth: 8
Bust-Shot: 3
Shading: 2
Color: 3
Previous Responses: [please link to each previous response]

Username + ID#: Sinfil_Lies #773401
Kalon Link: Theory
Chosen Prompt: Are they an early bird or night owl?
Prompt Response: Theory Has always been a Night Owl
Token Worth: 14
Fullbody - 4
Shading - 2
Color - 3
Background - 5
Previous Responses:
1 // 2

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:12 pm

Username + ID#: craig? 629149 (formerly spottedpuppi, its not in the bank yet!)
Kalon Link: Forum/viewtopic.php?p=135367546#p135367546
Chosen Prompt: Who are their most trusted friends?
Prompt Response:
he and lettie are pretty close...
Token Worth: 11
+4 fullbody
+2 pixel
+5 extra character
Previous Responses:
x x x x x

Kalon Link: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4597909&p=135517926&hilit=spottedpuppi#p135517926
Chosen Prompt: Your character’s favorite snack (or perhaps a comfort food?)
Prompt Response:
flowers make for a delicious snack!
Token Worth: 11
+4 fullbody
+2 pixel
+5 extra character
Previous Responses:
x x x x x

note to self: 5 more
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 pm

Username + ID#: WitchHazel [148605]
Kalon Link: Carmen
Chosen Prompt: "What type of weather would they prefer to never experience again?"
Prompt Response:

Carmen had always loved the rain.

The rain brought with it a sense of serendipity and a cold feeling of longing. Longing for warmth, for fire, for love. Longing to feel anything. It awakened within her a sort of comfort - a contemplative reverie, as if time stopped and her mind was free to journey wherever it wished. Out of the lonely, damp streets, to a dream of a place where she was loved and supported. Where hatred had no meaning, and all of time stood still. Her happy place. As she grew older, it faded more and more. The darkness of the world invaded the light, turning it sour and barren. Only when it rained did the flicker of those warm imaginings return, painting pictures in her mind of a fictional better time. In addition, the rain washed away the traces of a footprint, a trail, or even blood. Beneficial for someone involved in criminal activities. Older and more jaded, Carmen saw the rain as the tears of the sky - a beautiful outpouring of emotion; emotion she wasn’t allowed to feel. With the Hellcats, emotion was weakness - and showing any weakness would get you killed.

Daisy loved the rain for different reasons.
The rain nurtures the land, bringing life to plants and animals alike. Everyone went inside when it rained - the rain provided a special kind of solitude; one to be appreciated for what it was. The life-giving properties of the rain were beautiful in her eyes. Everything looked greener under the raindrops; more vibrant. Even the thrumming of rain on pavement was beautiful - a soft, soothing sound that never failed to bring with it a fog of calmness.

Whenever it rained, Daisy would stop whatever she was doing, run outside, and let it coat her skin. She didn’t care that her long fur soaked up the moisture like a sponge. She didn’t care about the weird looks she received, nor the danger of lightning. The rain gave her life like it did the flowers she cared for.

It rained the day she died.
It was one of the most torrential downpours Carmen had ever experienced. Thunder shook the sky and lightning illuminated the slick redness of the street. The day she saw her love lying lifeless before her; the day she signed that fated contract to bring her back in exchange for her own soul. The day of her monstrous transformation into something unholy, the day her name had been screamed over and over as she succumbed to her own wounds.

Those memories are long since gone, leaving naught but ghosts in the mind. I used to love the rain. A fact she knows with what certainty she has about her past life. Now it brings nothing but headaches. The thunderstorms are the worst, bringing headaches so intense that they leave her bedridden. Laden with memories desperately trying to be remembered. Then comes the guilt, the pain, the grief. She’s not sure why, but it hurts all the same.

Token Worth: 5 [500 words]
Previous Responses:
Let go
Favourite scent
Flower
How she met her love
Magic
Self-image
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Kalon Link: Forum/viewtopic.php?p=135367546#p135367546
Chosen Prompt: Do they want kids?
Prompt Response:
definitely not! he doesnt think he'd make a good parent...
Token Worth: 16
+4 fullbody
+2 pixel
+5 extra character
+5 animation
Previous Responses:
x x x x x x
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Username + ID#: Madziu / 840708
Kalon Link: Here
Chosen Prompt: What power would they want, and why? 
Prompt Response:
Calypso pondered for a moment. She had never thought of having a power. Though it seemed like being able to ride comets was considered a power where she now lived. “I’m not really sure. I can explore space with ease. Well I will be able to explore it with ease once I get my proper tail back.” She hummed in response. The usually quick answering Kalon was stumped.
“Aha! Since I can technically breath in space, and I can breath down here. There is really only one place left that I cannot access. And that would be the oceans.” She nodded to herself, satisfied with coming up with a response.
“Breathing underwater, being able to swim as deep as I can. Now that would be quite thrilling and be a perfect adventure. Do you think I can find someone here that can help me discover that sort of power?” She inquired seriously. Maybe too seriously, but then again…breathing in space wasn’t suppose to be a thing, right?
Calypso smiled as she watched the confusion flash through your eyes. “I guess it isn’t something I can make into a reality. That’s too bad. Now you got me all excited for it. To be able to swim with the fish you have here. To swim beside a whale! Though I guess I could take some diving lessons and do that as well. But we all know that wouldn’t be the same.” She shook her head. “I would use that power and go deeper down. Down where no Kalon has been able to go. Or would being able to withstand large amount of pressure and breathing underwater be two different powers? Well in any case I think they’d go hand in hand.”
She sighed contently and continued, “I could help others with…I guess with whatever they needed. Whether it’s to discover new species or confirm something that has only ever been speculated about. But really, the first thing I would do is go find the city of Atlantis because why not. It sounds very much like an amazing adventure and if I do find something everyone would know it was me and they would know who I was and where I came from and that I am no less than they are.” Calypso sipped her drink with more vigour than one would see with hot tea. The poor space Kalon sat in silence for a few moments, regretting drink the tea as fast as she did. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to…” She cleared her throat.
“Anyways bottom line is, being able to breath underwater and swim wherever I wanted would just be a very awesome experience. Crossing vast oceans and seeing what is hiding underneath the deep dark blue water. Visiting the unknown is something I’ve always found exciting and considering there are areas where even we have not yet transversed is exciting. It means that there is still something left to discover. And being the only one with the ability, er the power, to be able to explore it just gives me such goosebumps.” Calypso said, her eyes shining as she thought of the possibilities laying out in front of her.

Token Worth: 529 words - 5 tokens
Previous Responses: [1][2]
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Username + ID#: magpie! + 297711
    Kalon Link: here
    Chosen Prompt: Do they have any pets?
    Prompt Response:
      Juno, a canary who gives him anxiety as well as joy.
    Token Worth:
      Fullbody: +4
      Shading: +2
      Color: +3
      Background: +5
      Multi Character: +5

Total: 19
    Previous Responses: registration prompt
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Chosen Prompt: What's the weirdest thing they've ever eaten?
Prompt Response:
"Dude, what is THAT?" Jasper pointed at the plastic container with black beads in it.
"It's called hormiga culona, which is an edible fat bottomed ant native to Columbia, I believe" Ezekiel held one up to the light, examining it.
"EDIBLE?" Jasper gagged and shook his head. "Nah bro, that's all you".
Ezekiel had tried some strange foods before, from hagas to sheep's head to auk, and more. But insects was a new territory. He was more interested in examining their appearances and cultural importance, but also he enjoyed making his friend squeamish to such things. He had a container of ones that had been untouched and one where they had been delicately roasted and sprinkled with salt.
He took the roasted one in his hand and popped it into his mouth like it was a piece of popcorn. Jasper proceeded to feign throwing up.
"Honestly? Tastes like smoked paprika. So... barbeque-ish in your terms" he said through loud crunches. Jasper made a silent scream while holding his head between his paws.
"Make it stop man!" he pleaded.
Ezekiel actually enjoyed these strange delicacies, though.
"This is certainly the strangest thing I've eaten, and I've had shark skin on top of a squid covered in caviar and fish sauce and rice" he popped two more, "it's kind of delightful honestly. Like a chip but rounder and more of a coffee grain texture!" he delighted as he popped in a few more.
"Fine, fine, I'll try it" his friend sighed and cautiously put one on his tongue.
Unfortunately for him, it was the unprepared one, by accident.
"THAT TASTES LIKE AN ANT BRO" Jasper screamed and spit it out.
Ezekiel fell to the floor, gut laughing.
"Dude. You should have seen your face, priceless!" Ezekiel rolled onto his side, gripping his abdomen from the pain of laughter.
"You grabbed the wrong one, I SWEAR the other one is SO much better, just try it, seriously".
Jasper gave his friend the stink eye before grabbing the right one this time and again putting it into his mouth cautiously.
"Okay... this one's not ba-eW I tasted a LEG!" he spit that one out too, "it's the texture. Can't get past ANT texture, BLAGH!" he rubbed a napkin across his tongue and gulped some water.
Ezekiel stood up and pat his friend on the back.
"It's alright, my friend. You don't have to keep eating them, I like them so I'll just keep'em".
"Just... keep them away from me... one of these days I'm gonna mistake it for a chocolate covered peanut and eat another".
"Maybe by then you'll forget the texture and actually like it!" The boys hugged. Ezekiel picked up one of the ants and stuck it in Jasper's face. Jasper screamed and ran off, hiding. Ezekiel shrugged and ate it.
"They're not bad plain either, though I got these ones purely as test subjects and to study them. It's curious how you only eat the females!" he beamed about the thought of learning how these ant colonies worked and how people discovered them and whatnot.

Token Worth: [514 Words] 5 Tokens
For Ezekiel: [1] [2]
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me