Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby xx. » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Username + ID#: xx. , id: 281885
Kalon Link: off oekaki standard / final design
Chosen Prompt: Who would they consider enemies?
Prompt Response:
a powerful witch by the name of Antheia. Marley too, though Marley has taken her punishment in stride; the witch however continues to act innocent, and it infuriates him.
Token Worth: bust shot, 3t ; shading, 2t ; colour, 3t ; multiple characters, 5t ; 13t total
Previous Responses: What would they tell their past self? [PENNY - 10]
fame and fortune, or peace and love? [PENNY - 5]
what weather do they never want to experience again? [PENNY - 19]
starry night sky or vibrant sunrise? [PENNY - 14]
stairs, escalator, or elevator? [PENNY - 9]
What is their worlds creation story? [CHARLIE - 10)
How do they behave at parties? (CHARLIE - 2)
write about their earliest memory. (CHARLIE - 5)

xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Username + ID#: xx. , id: 281885
Kalon Link: off oekaki standard / final design
Chosen Prompt: How did they meet their bestie/friend/love?
Prompt Response: How on Taigon Sira had convinced Charlie to come as her plus one to this stupid charity event, he did not know. It felt a little insensitive even; the goddess of death and the god of fate, together attending a charity event for a small school trying to fund money for a new arts and crafts curriculum and playroom. Organised by a coven of magic-users too, if matters couldn't get any worse.
When he'd begun complaining though Sira had shut him up by asking him if he was going to be the one to pay the funds himself, which they all knew wasn't possible because Charlie did not need money and so did not bother collecting it. Their presence here was supposed to attract enough attention to bring in people with money so that they'd pay for it instead.
Sira had made friends here, she'd said, which was why she was coming. She was forcing Charlie along because apparently kits liked him and people liked hearing him tell stories. Riftan would've been a much better choice if she'd been looking for storytelling, for Riftan and Sira weren't talking right now - petty family squabbles once again - so it fell to Charlie.
And complain as they might, Sira was one of the most important people to him, so here he was, standing against the wall of a far-too-small sports hall. Kits ran past screaming with sticky paws and he cringed as he narrowly avoided being splashed with whatever sickly substance they were drinking that was giving them all this sugar high. It'd taken him forever to grow his fur back after he'd been bitten by that over-enthusiastic wanna-be-God - Wilson? Willow? He didn't know and didn't care. He just didn't want his fur ruined again and-
-something tugged on his paw, hard, and Charlie snapped from his thoughts fully prepared to lecture whatever child was yanking on him so rudely.
He glanced down and stopped at the red ribbon wrapped around his leg, pulling taut.
Huh. That hadn't happened in a while.
He blinked, lifted his paw up to study it, wondering if he'd somehow gotten someone else's tangled around him without noticing.
But no- the bow was tied nearly just above his elbow, a pretty red thing joining him to something new. Sira's ribbon was slack, as were Riftan's and Quintin's, as they always were. This was definitely new.
Charlie glanced up towards the crowds and wondered if it was worth stepping into the mess to figure out where it was going, and right when he was about to say 'screw it' and dive into the mess, the ribbon relaxed.
"Coming through!" a voice yelled, and he watched as people began to reluctantly part as someone barged through the crowds. "Move it- oi, I've got food, watch it!"
Well, whoever it was certainly wasn't shy about shouting, but the ribbon was winding now, getting closer to him. He waited a moment more to see what'd happen because if his ribbon came to him instead of the reverse it'd be a spectacular change in events, and then a short brown kal tumbled free from the crowds with a dramatic gasp.
She put the tray of cupcakes she was holding down for a moment, shook fiercely, and then recollected the food to trot confidently right up to him.
"Keeper," she announced as she stopped in front of him, barely half his height. "I bring you offerings."
Then she stuck the tray of cupcakes into his face.
He blinked at her slowly, glanced down to the red string tied to her wrist, followed it back to his own leg.
Right.
The food wiggled in front of his face demandingly and he looked back to the kalon who was watching him, a spark of triumph on her face.
"I don't like food," he said, and the pleased look vanished to a frown.
"Sira said you like cupcakes," she said, lowering it back to her own height and staring at him as though accusing him of lying to her. "That's why I brought them over here."
"Sira likes cupcakes," he said, wondering who this little thing was to be on first-name-basis with a deity. "I do not."
A moment more where the unhappy look turned to perplexion, looking down at her food as though she didn't know what to do next. Clearly, this hadn't been planned.
When the silence drew on for too long, and Charlie began to get impatient to be left alone again, he asked, "why are you trying to make offerings to me?"
"Because Sira said you wouldn't take a gift unless I called it an offering," she replied, moving around him to put them onto one of the tables also pressed against the wall which had earlier been filled with DIY-pencil-worms and strange toilet roll animals for sale, now moved so people could dance and mingle.
"Sira seems to have given you an awful lot of incorrect information. Why is that?"
A heartbeat passed where the kal stared at her food, and then another heartbeat, and Charlie began to get the impression she was avoiding answering that. He grabbed ahold of the slack ribbon and tugged it, and her paw jerked in his direction. She clearly - as expected - wasn't expecting it, and she jerked his way too, barely keeping herself up in three feet as she was dragged before him again.
He held onto the string and stared at her.
She was staring at the string in his paws, looking a little confused, a little uncertain, mostly excited.
"Is that mine?" she asked, staring at the string that was quite obviously attached to her. "Where does it go? Is it bad? Is it good? Is it for my soulmate?"
"What's your name?" he asked instead of answering her, and she finally looked up, giving him the brightest smile he thought he'd ever gotten in his life.
"Lynx!" she said, like the name was something to be proud of. "Lynx Castor, amateur witch, at your service."
She stuck the other paw out with the apparent intention to shake his and then she fell forward because he was still danging her other paw in the air and she had not been prepared to stand on two back legs.
Charlie furrowed his brow as she fell into his fur, watching her flail as she tried to stand back up. He let her go and after a second more she managed to struggle back onto all four paws.
"Why did Sira send you my way?" he asked again, and this time he got a sigh, loud and exaggerated.
"She said you're, I quote from memory best I can, 'miserable and sad and pathetic and need some friends who aren't the three people you've spent every second of your measly existence with since the beginning of time'. End quote. And then she sent me over!"
Yeah, that sounded about right for Sira. It wasn't the worst he'd heard from her.
"What's my ribbon attached to?" Lynx asked again, before he could reply to that, reaching out to poke his paw where he'd put it back into the floor. He moved it back hastily, planted it closer to himself, pulling the ribbon with him.
"None of your business," he replied, and she huffed, puffing her cheeks up at him.
He watched her, waited for her to do something, and when he didn't speak again she let the air go and stuck her tongue out at him.
"Fine! But I'm not leaving. Sira gave me a very important job and I can't disobey her, because she's scarier than you."
Then she planted herself at his size, looking pathetically small where she sat down.
"You are very insistent," he said, turning away to watch the crowd again, though could still see her grin from the corner of his eye.
"That's what I like to hear, O Grand Keeper of Strings," she said, and this time he did laugh, not used to hearing anyone but his family make fun of his formal title quite so boldly. "I'm not leaving until I have become your friend, or until you smite me out the building, so get used to me, Stringboy."
"You can stop calling me that," he replied, and she glanced up, tilting her head.
"Then what do I call you?" she asked, leaning in to put her chin on his leg, and this time he let her.
He glanced back down to her, considered her, considered the string situation, and then nodded. No harm done.
"Charlie," he said, turning away so that he could pretend to ignore the ecstatic look. "You may call me Charlie."
Token Worth: 1443w ; 10t
Previous Responses: What would they tell their past self? [PENNY - 10]
fame and fortune, or peace and love? [PENNY - 5]
what weather do they never want to experience again? [PENNY - 19]
starry night sky or vibrant sunrise? [PENNY - 14]
stairs, escalator, or elevator? [PENNY - 9]
What is their worlds creation story? [CHARLIE - 10)
How do they behave at parties? (CHARLIE - 2)
write about their earliest memory. (CHARLIE - 5)
Who would they consider enemies? (CHARLIE - 13)
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solos » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:05 pm

Username + ID#: solos 866649
Kalon Link: xoxo
Chosen Prompt: What was their favorite childhood toy?
Prompt Response: a alien n rocket figure set-!!
Token Worth: 14 , fullbody , colored , shaded , background
Previous Responses: what is their dream destination-?

solos | she/they | ✸--
hi hi :D -!! 1# seungmin enjoyer
go n follow my best friend-!! <3
discord; solos. | th purge ‶ ☼ ″
shop | boyf | goos | cats | - © -
solos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kidcandy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:02 pm

info wrote:
kidcandy || she-they || gemini
my kalons + my characters

going to school and working full
time currently. back from a 5yr
hiatus, bare with me while i get
back in the swing of things. feel
free to message me abt kalon
relationships/trades!

discord| kaitiecoo #6181
sale th - art shop
kidcandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Username + ID#: SilhouetteStation + 676516
    Kalon Link: Atticus

Chosen Prompt: What does their current bedroom look like?

Prompt Response:
    His room, probably a bit too dark for other people's liking, fits Atticus perfectly. It would, of course, considering he's the one who decorated it to be that way. His bed is absolutely made for comfort. He always has winter sheets on, even during summer, because he loves the softer feel of them. If that means sleeping with the window open at night, so be it. There is an insect screen, at least, to keep away any unwanted critters. Likewise, his blankets are soft, and layered in a specific way. First the sheets. Then a thinner, silken blanket he can run his hands back and forth over to soothe himself before sleep. Something about the softness is very soothing to him. After that comes a proper, plusher blanket, often accompanied by another during winter. On top of that comes the bed cover; not as nice to the touch as the silk blanket, but it makes up for that by being galaxy patterned. He's always had an interest in the aesthetic of space, which is also reflected by the glow in the dark stars scattered across his bedroom walls and ceiling. At night, when the lights are off and the stars are aglow, its almost like being in another world.

His curtains are thick and dark to keep out any of the city lights. They themselves are very pretty, but not when he's trying to sleep. If he's ever relaxing in his room during the day he keeps these half closed to create a moodier, more relaxing atmosphere. When he's not in there during the day they're flung open to let in the light, though the room itself still isn't the brightest, even with the sun's help. The wall his bed is pressed against he painted a dark navy blue which, after seeing how nice the color turned out, he also painted the ceiling with. It all adds to the ambience, after all. The other walls in his room are a pale, greyish blue and decorated with various posters. Things referencing Dungeons & Dragons, his favorite video games, and other aesthetic art pieces he's purchased online. Besides the bed the only other pieces of furniture he has are a wooden dresser, painted black and splattered with glow in the dark paint, and a large black beanbag tucked in the corner. One of the drawers in the dresser is solely dedicated to handheld games and consoles. He has considered buying another smaller set of drawers for all his bits and bobs, which he has in various places around the apartment, but he quite likes the feel of the room as it is, and would have to choose the right piece to fit in properly. The entire apartment has wood laminate flooring, a darker shade of greyish brown, and since he can't be bothered to carpet the place he just has a dark plush rug on his bedroom floor. The wood flooring is a bonus, really, considering he works with resin and coloring - much easier to clean panels than carpet.

Token Worth: 5 (507 words)

Previous Responses: n/a

note to self;; total tokens - 5

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kidcandy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:51 pm

Username + ID#: kidcandy + 426476

Username + ID#: kidcandy + 426476
    Kalon Link: pile #9
    Chosen Prompt: what does his dream home look like
    Prompt Response:
    Luther's dream home would be nearly be the same home that he has now. He has plans to renovate it and make it a little more modern, however, it'll still be the same home. His home now is surrounded by a dense grove of trees and moss. He'd like to make the clearing where his house is a little larger, as the trees in the area have become overgrown and he fears if a bad storm were to come, that his house could be in trouble. There is a cobblestone pathway that leads up to his front door. The pathway could also use some work and refining, as stones have gotten lost along the many years of Luther living and working here. The front door would probably be changed from the oak door that it is now, to a more sturdy spruce wood. He would also use some of his limited wood burning talents to etch a design into the new door. Leading away from the house, the broken cobblestone pathway will take you down to a small brook that leads farther down to a pond. Luther would love to spruce the pond up and make it a little fishing hole. It's mostly a water hold for his animals, but he figures that he could build a different watering hole and turn this one into a small fishing getaway. If you cross the bridge overhanding the brook, you'll find yourself walking down to the old barn and crop fields. He currently owns 34 acres of land is hoping to expand both his farms and recreations further. His barn is a classic red finish with a gray tin roof. It currently holds six chickens, thirteen sheep, four highland cows, and a donkey. Eventually, he'd love to make the barn into a larger, more modern barn. He's in the process now of adding running water for his animals and making new feeding troughs. If you walk back to the house, up the cobblestone pathway, and through the oak door, you'll find a quaint home made of miscellaneous lumber. Luther would love to tear the old lumber down to create a more 'together' look. His flooring is also cobble, however the stones on the inside of the home have a darker tint to them, almost like its a deepslate variant. He would most likely keep the flooring he has now, as he mined it himself with his father when he was just a kit. As you enter the home, the kitchen would be to the left. It's on the smaller side, something that Luther would love to change. When he first built the home, he wasn't fond of cooking, but now, he loves it and only wishes that he would have built a slightly larger kitchen to enjoy. If you walk out of the kitchen you'll find a small dining room with a skylight. The same green rug from Luther's childhood hugs the floor. It's matted in some spots, but overall looks clean. There's a small kitchen table, enough room for one. He hopes to be able to upgrade the table for space for two one day. An old school wood stove sits in between the kitchen and dining room, and acts as a furnace for both rooms during the cold months. There is not much to be said about either the kitchen or dining room, but Luther loves the minimalistic and rustic style of the home- and the fact that he built it by himself. Moving on from the kitchen and dining room, the living room has just about as much to offer. There are a couple of windows that face the western side of the property and have a clear shot to his crops and barn. He would like to add more widows though, as he doesn't use electricity and the extra lighting would always be useful. In the living room, there are two recliners, both of old age and valor. His favorite chair sits to the right, and his mothers old chair to the left. Eventually, he'd like to get new furniture and make the old living room not seem so old. A fresh paint job and possibly a television could be added at a later date. Two of his mothers painting hang neatly on a wall across from the chairs. Luther would like to find a space to hang up more of her artwork. If you leave the living room and head to the first bedroom, you'll find Luther's bed room. Lu would most likely completely renovate his bedroom into something a little more functional and modern (but still rustic.) He'd also like to add a full bath to his bedroom once he gets electricity to his old cabin. He would also like to give the house a fresh painting, starting with his room. A sage green for his room and grey-yellow accents. He's not incredibly good at designing, so he'd probably have to call in some reinforcements to help out. There is one more room in Luther's home. It was originally intended to be a guest bedroom, but after years alone, it became a storage room for his building design paperwork. It's disheveled and could most definitely use an upgrade of storage and lighting. He isn't completely sure on the overall house structure yet and how he wants to renovate things, but he knows that it's his next big preject!

All in all, Luther's home now is his dream home. He never wants to leave the property he has now; he merely just wants to renovate and make it a little more modern so that he can live a better life. He hopes to have everything updated in just a few years. If this years crop yield is good, he plans to start tearing down walls to put in newer walls. Every section that gets done, he'll sand and paint by himself. He hopes to start with his bedroom and then work his way to the second bedroom, then the living room, then kitchen and dining room.

Token Worth: 10 [1,009 words]
    Previous Responses:
    do they want kids?
    earliest childhood memory
    what makes you feel alive

info wrote:
kidcandy || she-they || gemini
my kalons + my characters

going to school and working full
time currently. back from a 5yr
hiatus, bare with me while i get
back in the swing of things. feel
free to message me abt kalon
relationships/trades!

discord| kaitiecoo #6181
sale th - art shop
kidcandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Chosen Prompt: Do they have any pets?

Prompt Response:
    He hadn't actually intended on adopting Midna when he went to the shelter. It was getting a bit lonely being in the flat by himself but it being a one bedroom place meant renting out a spare room wasn't an option. Next best thing; a pet. The place was too small for a dog, he knew that, but it could be perfect for a lovely little housecat. So down he went to the local rescue place, intending to find some mild mannered kitten to share his home with.

He heard Midna before he saw her.

Boy, could she meow. It was a loud, demanding meow from someone who did not like to be kept waiting. Guests seemed to hurry past her cage, eager to avoid eye contact at any cost. Even the staff seemed unsure of how to react around her. "She's... particular," they said. "With the right owner, she's probably a very sweet cat." He wasn't sure sweet was the right word, but particular might do it at a push. Written on the sign on her cage were a name and two simple sentences: Midnight. Picky eater, might bite if given unwanted attention. Knows what she wants, so please don't be offended if she ignores you. Alright, so maybe snobby was a better word. He was fully intending to walk past her - he didn't think he could handle that much maintenance being a first time cat owner - but to his surprise, her arm shot out through the bars and she snagged her claws in his jacket. He had to look at her, and he had to admit, she was a beautiful cat. Glossy black coat and vibrant green eyes, the latter slightly narrowed as she seemed to judge him. It was like she was appraising him, scrutinizing him; he almost felt as though he should have combed his hair more. But, apparently, she liked what she saw.

Her claws dug in harder and she refused to let go. He tried in vain to pry her off but to no avail. She made holes in the sleeves. Every time he moved away she yelled. He'd never been yelled at by a cat before. Eventually staff became aware of his plight and tried to come to his rescue but when they opened the cage, she snatched back her paw, and leapt into his arms. It read like a movie script, but didn't feel as heartfelt. Her claws dug in again. She was very busy sniffing all over his face and sticking her nose in his ear, which tickled furiously. She wouldn't allow herself to be put back in and screeched every time someone tried, which also went right in his ear. There was nothing to be done about it; she saw something she liked in him, and wasn't letting him go. Literally.

Her first few weeks in the apartment soon showed that the sign wasn't lying. She was an upperclass, distinguished, 'totally not snobby' cat. Only the plushest bed and tastiest food were good enough. She knew when meal times were, and yelled if he was a minute late. She claimed the spot by the lounge window and liked to watch the cars go by down below, growling if anyone disturbed her. She was a handful, for sure, but Midnight - turned - Midna was worth it. When she curled up on the bed with him, chin on his cheek, softly purring into his ear, she was always worth it.

Token Worth: 5 (577 words)

Previous Responses:
    What does their current bedroom look like?

note to self;; total tokens - 10

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Chosen Prompt: What makes them feel loved?

Prompt Response:
    Atticus is not an extravagant man, and so he doesn't need extravagant gestures to feel loved in any kind of relationship, platonic or otherwise. He actually finds over the top, public displays of affection and romance to be quite cringey to watch. If anyone ever made a scene for him in public to try and express love, like proposing in front of an audience, he'd probably feel the need to run away and hide for a week. He prefers simpler, more subtle actions to express care and affection; these are the things that make him feel loved, and the way he expresses love to others.

People buying him gifts not necessarily because they'll know he'll like it, but because the gift itself reminded them of him. Loved ones remembering specific shades of colors he likes, and pointing them out if ever they see them. Bringing over his favorite type of biscuit, or remembering a specific brand of chocolate he likes; giving gifts unannounced, unplanned, just because they know he'll appreciate it. Partners cooking his favorite meal for his birthday. Friends knowing when he needs to get out of the house, and coaxing him out into the world for some sunlight and socialization. On the flipside, when they respect his need to stay indoors to recharge, and leaving him in his own company. Simple text messages asking how he is, if he needs anything, and so on. Being sent pictures of cats and gaming pieces and space memes because they know he enjoys them. It's all of these little things - knowing someone is thinking of him, and knows him, and cares enough to do these things - makes him feel very loved indeed.

Of course, that's just how he feels love from people.

Despite her snobbish nature, yes, he does indeed receive love from Midna. Being the fussy cat that she is, this makes him feel incredibly special. It's not everyday a cat chooses you, and though he strives to make sure she knows she made the right decision, she herself also seems to take moments to reassure him he did the same. Her little gestures involve letting him sleep in when he's had a late night, somehow knowing that he needs the extra rest and that not screeching for food would be a kind thing to do. Sometime she allows him to join her by the window, gazing out at the city below, and watching cars and people go by down on the streets. While she does love her expensive plush cat bed, sometimes he wakes up to find her curled up on his, with her head resting on his and a soft purr reverberating in his ear. Cat love is earnt, he knows, and so he delights in these moments.

He also makes sure to give himself love, too. It's all well and good having friends and family (and a cat) express their love to you, but he also knows it's good to do it to yourself. An extra biscuit with the morning coffee. A day of laziness after a day of hard work, spent tucked up on the couch in a sea of blankets, or curled up on his beanbag with a Nintendo and snacks nearby. Just reminding himself of all the little things his loved ones do for him to show that they care brings him immense joy, and a warmth in his chest that no other feeling can compete with.

Token Worth: 5 (573 words)

Previous Responses:
    What does their current bedroom look like?
    Do they have any pets?

note to self;; total tokens - 15

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywishes01 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:32 pm

♦ username + ID: skywishes01 + 742710
    ♦ kalon link: Samani / archive post
    ♦ chosen prompt: Are there any unique holidays?
    ♦ prompt response:

Amongst the Warriors, there is one day that is celebrated above all. They call it the Night of the First Star. It is a story of great heroism - and a story of tragic loss; the story of the first Warrior.

It began with rumors. Disturbing tales of screams heard in the dead of the night; of misshapen silhouettes lurking outside windows in the dark - unsettlingly human like, eyes glowing red. Stories of villagers disappearing, night after night, their bodies found with the sunrise - though they were barely recognizable at this stage. Their arms and legs were swollen and beast-like, nails stretched into grimy claws, red veins visible in their blank, dead eyes. And, in the middle of their chests, where their hearts should have been, all that remained was black, pulsing tumor, emitting a murky glow.

The gods were immediately concerned. That black glow could only signify one thing; magic - godly magic. The appearance of the tumor was more concerning still, for it was the sign of not a willing user of magic, but someone forced to be a vessel, a channel for another’s power. It was not the gods up above who had done this, that was for certain. But the alternative was - should have been - impossible. They had been banished, stripped of their powers; they should have been unable to influence this world at all . . .

But the incidents only grew in occurrence, and in seriousness. The mutated villagers had now started attacking - and murdering - their fellows. The attacks were seemingly random - men, women, old and young. And the people did not know what to do. They turned back to the gods; praying, desperate for assistance.

Indeed, on one particular night, a small village had organised a congregation in the ancient shrine that somehow still stood amongst their houses - a shrine to the King, the God of Life. Only minutes after the hymns and prayers had begun, a bone-chilling scream silenced the whole crowd - and in the entrance of the shrine stood not one, but four, five, six, seven mutated monsters. There had never been a group attack before; this was planned, deliberate. The gruesome creatures advanced slowly towards the villagers - taking their time. Playing with their food.

Almost, as if, they were waiting for someone.

The King was frantic. Alone in his chambers, with his eldest - his only - son - he could not stand by any longer. “Son, I have made a mistake. We should never have withdrawn. I must go to their aid. This time, this time at least I can stop this.”

His son, while sympathetic, was wary. “Father. We know who is behind this. We know he has some kind of plan. Attacking our few believers like this - this could very well be a trap.”

But the King was resolute. “A trap it may be. But I must take that risk. Or he may have his war anyway.”

“Then at least let me come -”

“No.” The King’s voice was steady.

“His quarrel is with me. This is my fight.”

In the shrine, the villagers had scrambled to the very back, huddled against an old throne that was intended to be the god’s seat when they visited. At the front of the crowd, a young girl stood, holding a jagged plank of wood that she had ripped from the crumbling wall of the shrine. Her eyes were fierce as she waved her makeshift weapon around. “C’mon, you stupid beasts! I ain’t afraid of you!”

The monsters continued to advance - never slowing, never speeding up.

Then, a bright flash of light filled the shrine. When the villagers’ vision cleared, they saw that a new figure had appeared, standing between them and the horde of monsters. They were facing the monsters; all the villagers could see was the outline of a hooded cloak.

“You will not harm them.” The figure’s voice was quiet, but powerful.

The beasts stopped, sniffing the air. With a guttural roar, they bounded with terrifying speed towards the cloaked figure. With similar speed, the figure drew a mighty, glowing sword from his cloak. The fight was almost graceful: the figure veritably dancing among the lumbering beasts, slicing them down as if they were no more than paper. But, just as it seemed that they had dispatched all the beasts, more growls came from the entrance, and the monsters kept coming. It was clear the figure was becoming overwhelmed; one monster at a time became two, three, four. At one point the villagers could not see the figure, swarmed as he was - but still, the monsters were all cut down, until the figure was left standing alone in a sea of bodies.

“Look out! Above you!” It was the girl’s voice, screaming. The figure whipped their head up, in time to see a huge beast, much bigger than the rest of them, crash through the ceiling of the shine, claws outstretched as they pinned the figure to the ground.

“Hello, father.” The beast growled. “So nice of you to come.”

Before the King could react, the beast raised one mighty claw and brought it down swiftly, piercing him in the chest. The figure went limp, a golden glow emanating from his wound.

The beast threw his head back and laughed - a terrible, grating sound. But suddenly, that sound transformed into a scream of agony. The girl, from her position behind the beast, had stabbed the creature clean through the back with her wooden weapon. “Get off ‘em, you horrid thing!”

The beast turned, a crazed look in his eyes. “How dare you…! No matter - you all shall die too!”

But as he was raising his arm to swipe at the girl, her defiant eyes suddenly flashed gold. She looked down to see her hands aglow, and on pure instinct, she raised them towards the beast. Bright beams of light shot from her palms, and the beast screamed once more as it was consumed. As the light faded, the beast collapsed to the floor.

“But how..?!” The beast gasped with its final breath.

“You… will never win.” It was the King’s voice; raspy, weak. “She… has my power… there will always be someone to stop you.”

With a final, frustrated scream, the beast was silenced forever.

The girl rushed to the fallen figure, dropping to her knees. “Healer - someone fetch the healer, quickly!” A villager nodded, rushing out of the shrine.

“Do not worry, my child.” The King’s eyes were closed. “It is… too late for me. Promise me… you will protect… them all.”

The girl nodded, tears in her eyes. “Yes, sir. I will keep them safe.”

A small smile graced the King’s face. “I know you will.”

The glow from his wound suffused his whole body in warm light, and the villagers watched on as the King’s body dissolved into brightness. The specks of light danced up into the sky, taking their rightful place among the heavenly stars.

Every year, on this night, the Warriors will gather in that original village - now home to the headquarters of Warrior society. They gather to mourn the death of the King, murdered cruelly by his son - who would now take on the mantle of the Demon of Death, a counter to his elder brother: the Angel of Life. And they gather to celebrate the actions of the young girl, in protecting her village, and receiving the first Blessing known to humanity - given by the King with the last of his power.

Most of all, they gather to remember their duty: to protect the world, no matter what the cost.

♦ token worth: 10 tokens [1261 words]

previous responses:
    does magic exist? [10 tokens]
    world's creation story [10 tokens]
    starry sky or sunrise? [21 tokens]
xxx

x
┌─────────┐

════ʕ ⏒ ᴥ ⏒ ʔ═══
call me sky !!
────────────
infp • gemini •
hufflepuff • nerd
─────────
my kals / art cred
art shop !!

└─────────┘
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:23 am

Username + ID#: .*✦ kirin | 418283
    Kalon Link: here

Chosen Prompt: Who do they admire most?

Prompt Response:
    There are many people Verdana admires. The majority of them are residents of the castle she lives in. For example, the many maids she looks over because of how incredibly diligent they are and how they crave to finish everything to perfection even if the work they are doing is quite straining and difficult. Verdana knows that most of the maids working for the royal family of Aegras have their own dark backstory - much like herself - which makes it even more impressive to her that they are able to keep up with her speed of doing chores.

Then there's the knights and their admirals. First coming into the castle, she would have expected the strong warriors and especially their leaders to look down on her, seeing as she is just a simple maid that got picked up at the side of the road, but that was never the case. They always treated her like family - like a little sister that needs to be protected from harm just like the rest of Aegra's citizens and the royal family itself. There was never even a single time she had the impression that they valued someone else more highly than her. For the knights, every life is equal, be it of blue blood or not.
    She was especially surprised that when she was announced first maid of the queen, she was treated like royalty herself. It was odd, suddenly having higher privileges than most, but no one seemed to be bothered by it. Most were even happy for her, and she can't express how much she appreciates that.

Though, these are all people that she admires a lot, there is definitely one person that she admires most out of all the others: the queen.
    It only makes sense to her, that the queen is her biggest role model. After all, if it wasn't for her, she probably wouldn't be where she is today.
    Verdana still remembers it like it was yesterday: living on the streets with nothing to eat, no place to call home, no bed to keep you warm in the cold nights. Winter was especially cruel, with its awful snowless winds, feeling like they are trying to bite through her very soul. As a kit she tried to survive every day by digging in people's trash, looking for any leftovers. Some were kind enough to offer her some food and clean clothes, but those were few in between the many that just shooed her away from their property as soon as they laid eyes on her.
    It wasn't until that one faithful day when the queen of Aegras saw her in her sorry state and decided to take her in, that she had to endure the cruelty of surviving on her own.
    It felt surreal, Verdana was sure it is simply a dream, when the queen crouched down in front of her and offered her a place in her residence with food, water, a warm bed... All of that, if she was willing to work for her as a maid.

Obviously, Verdana didn't want to believe her at first, there must be some kind of trick behind it! After all, who would simply walk up to a homeless person and offer them everything they need on their own expense? But seeing as no one tried to force her and she didn't have any other options if she wanted to leave her old life behind, she agreed - and she was surprised to see that it wasn't a lie, and that she also wasn't alone!

It turns out that the queen made it her responsibility to care for those who have nothing left or those born into this world with nothing at all. So, she regularly walked through the abandoned streets of her city to make this offer to any orphan kits she would lay her eyes upon, and Verdana was one of the lucky ones.

Ever since that faithful day, she swore that she would eventually try to make it up to her mistress and she tries to do that by giving it her all every day. When she was announced to be the queen's first maid, it was a dream come through for her. To be able to work so closely with the person who saved her and many other orphan's life's - the person she admires most in this world, was everything she could have ever wanted!

736 words: 5 tokens

(I hope it's okay that some things don't make sense with the other prompts, I'm still trying to find a good personality and backstory for her)

Previous Responses: one, two & three, four, five
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me