Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby chanhee. » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Username + ID#: nintendox || 755850
    Kalon Link: eleven
    Chosen Prompt: [Describe some of the flora/fauna that is unique to their world]
    Prompt Response:
      Eleven's world is full of unique fauna and flora. From purple trees that bleed gold to deer with more eyes than would ever be necessary, there are countless things he could tell you about. In a lot of ways his world is similar to Earth, but there are floating islands and bears with bee wings that're somehow able to fly. Flowers that sprout in complete darkness and birds made of crystal are also commonplace, if you know where to look, but at the same time there are regular cats and dogs and plants strewn about in the world.

If you go deep into the caves of his world you'll find creatures black as the night itself, with limbs way too long to seem practical in the small spaces they're in, but they make up for it with more joints than a regular person, and their eyes are voids in their heads. They're what people call monsters, here, but they're not just fairytale. If you travel to the mountains you'll find wolves as large as moose, with temperaments to match their size. If you go to the dark pits of the ocean you'll find bioluminescent octopi and coral, making the underwater world bright and colourful. There are also animals with both lungs and gills living in the swamps, making it a terror for anyone to travel through, as they'll attack anything they think they can kill, people included.

The flora of the world is just as unique, from the aforementioned purple trees to flowers that bloom in a rainbow of colours all from the same seed. Simply walking through a forest you might be able to find brightly coloured vines intertwining themselves with branches, deep purple meeting bright orange, or a blossoming tree with cyan flowers on pink leaves. New species of both plant and animals are always being discovered or happened across, whether intentionally or not, and it's an overwhelming sight to those who aren't used to it.

Of course, there are also the places on the planet that people of Earth would consider 'normal' with simple green trees and daisies and the likes, without the ducks that lay silver eggs or the horses as large as rhinos. There you'll find similarity and peace, with simple and familiar ecosystems, but it's nothing compared to the world outside those places.

Eleven would personally consider his favourite unique fauna to be the cats that seemingly defy gravity, floating when they please and making it a point to torment the birds. It's not uncommon to come across a cat with striking teal eyes floating through an alley, sniffing at the tops of the trash cans, and those are El's favorite critters to try to befriend. His favourite of the flora used to be the flowers that were as sharp as glass, that humans would void as to not cut themselves but that he had no problem walking through, but as time's worn on he's found himself rather fond of a specific purple-leaved sapling that's starting to show it's first sign of gold flowing through it.
    Token Worth: 512 / 5 tokens
    Previous Responses:
    [pets]
    [death]
    [future]
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 pm

Username + ID#: nintendox || 755850
    Kalon Link: eleven
    Chosen Prompt: [What was the hardest thing they had to let go of?]
    Prompt Response:
      Eleven woke up from a peaceful rest, sun shining through his apartment windows. Today was the day that Emerson was coming home from their three-day stay at the facility. They were just getting a checkup on their components as they'd been feeling a bit sluggish recently, and they were coming home! El moved to start cleaning up the apartment, just dusting and tidying up the furniture. He kept glancing at the clock, though, bouncing slightly with pent-up energy as he waited for his partner to get home.

In their two years together they'd been basically joined at the hip- never leaving one another for more than a few hours at a time. The distance between himself and Emerson was making Eleven antsy and he'd spent most of their stay at the facility in rest mode, simply waiting for them to come home. It was almost time, though, Eleven noted when he next looked at the clock. It was nearing ten in the morning, when Em had told him they'd be getting home, and Eleven moved to the couch to look out the window, not unlike a dog waiting for their owner to come home.

He made himself stay seated when he saw them step out of a taxi, looking as ethereal as usual, and he waited for them to come into the apartment before bombarding them with a hug which they only very lightly returned. The lack of the gesture made Eleven pull away, small frown settled on his features.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking over Emerson's face, which, at this distance, he could tell their eyes seemed duller than they were, their constant smile no longer a fixed part of their face.

"I'm fine. Can you please let go of me? I have work that needs to be done," Emerson replied shortly, removing themselves from Eleven's grasp. They didn't comment on how clean their apartment was, nor did they tell Eleven they loved him like they always did when leaving a hug, and Eleven's synthetic heart fell. He made a move to follow them, to reach out and let them talk to him like they'd allowed those years ago, but something made him stop. Eleven moved to the couch and sat quietly, turning the TV on for idle noise until Emerson came out and asked him to turn it off- said it caused too much unnecessary sound, leaving him in silence.

That night, when Emerson powered themselves off to rest, Eleven fought with himself for hours whether he should snoop or not, ending up choosing to do so and look through his partner's circuitry himself. He wasn't an expert on it, but he knew the basics and assumed he could potentially fix whatever was wrong with Emerson. When he opened up the panel in the back of their neck, though, he found a missing memory chip and some loose wires and, despite him carefully placing those wires back to where they needed to be, he knew without that memory chip they'd not be the same.

He stuck around for two weeks afterwards, arguing with himself day in day out that he should leave versus staying, but he always chose to stay, the familiarity comforting despite the distinct change. The straw that broke his back, however, was when Emerson came home from their classes one day with nothing, letting him know they'd quit their schooling there- that psychology simply was no longer for them. The last thing the new Emerson had in common with the old Emerson was gone, and that night Eleven left them alone in their apartment, sure they wouldn't miss him come morning.
    Token Worth: 607 / 5 tokens
    Previous Responses:
    [pets]
    [death]
    [future]
    [flora/fauna]
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Username + ID#: DragonOfEmber || 695530
    Kalon Link: off-oekaki
    Chosen Prompt: [Do they prefer a starry sky or a vibrant sunrise?]
    Prompt Response:
    Starry Skies [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5
    [multiple characters] -5
    total worth: 19
    Previous Responses: [n/a]

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:20 pm

Chosen Prompt: [What is their favorite scent?]
    Prompt Response:
    Hiraeth's favourite smell is his boyfriend's rose bush - bonus points go to annoying his boyfriend every time he sticks his nose in the flowers!
    [please count the artwork towards the prompt!]
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5
    [multiple characters] -5
    Previous Responses: [starry skies]

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:24 pm

Chosen Prompt: [What does this kal think the world will look like in 20+ years from now [dystopian, utopian etc]]
    Prompt Response:
    After his death, Hiraeth's kingdom fell. Knowing that his magic is tied to the trees, Hiraeth can only assume his kingdom will soon be in complete ruins 20+ years in the future.
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5
    [multiple characters] -5
    Previous Responses: [starry skies]
    [favourite scent]

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Chosen Prompt: [Do they have any pets?]
    Prompt Response:
    Although not technically his, Hiraeth's boyfriend... came into ownership... of a feral cat he'd named Rosie, and - after making their relationship official - Hiraeth and his boyfriend agreed that Rosie had chosen them both to be her people, and therefore she has become their pet.
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5
    [multiple characters] - 5
    Previous Responses:
    [starry skies]
    [favourite scent]
    [future]

edited to add the multiple character points and edit total point count
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:51 pm

Chosen Prompt: [Are there any other sentient races/species?]
    Prompt Response:
    Androids are the second largest sentient race on Hiraeth's planet.
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5
    [multiple characters] - 5
    Previous Responses:
    [starry skies]
    [favourite scent]
    [future]
    [pet]

edited to add the multiple character points and fix the total worth
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:18 pm

Username + ID#: bugry #1001347
Kalon Link: x
Chosen Prompt: "do they have any pets?"
Prompt Response:
Token Worth:
fullbody - 4
pixel - 2
shading - 2
colour - 3
animation - 5
multiple characters - 5
total - 21
Previous Responses: n/a
Last edited by bug on Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED, RED MOON. ███████████████████████████████

KEEP ON RISING
📞; bug/mech he/it
.xxxwrmz / song ﹒☎️
.xxxth @ venuella !
THE SUNSET SOON

█████████
█████████

▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██

▌████████ INDEED WILL BLEED IN MY HORIZON. ..
bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:43 am

Username + ID#: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
Kalon Link: Angel
Chosen Prompt: “Blood is thicker than water” or “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb”
Prompt Response:

Angel’s childhood was… less than ideal.

They were always emotionally distant, and they would be very lucky to even put food on the table. The poorest of the poor that lived in the slums down below the planet’s crust, they all had to resort to crime to get by. It was truly a dangerous place no kit should have to grow up in, with gangs roving the heaps and heaps of the dirty streets. In a way Angel never had a childhood, never being able to go to sleep under the violence of the streets. She grew to become detached from everyone and everything there, as losses were frequent and nobody could truly rely on eachother. Trained and excelled in the art of toxins that would’ve qualified her to become a toxicologist, she instead was exploited and forced to become an assassin instead. There was no room for imperfections in her dysfunctional family, as Angel’s siblings all were forced to take on crime. Although it was expected of the family to look out for each other, they and their siblings viewed each other as the reason why they had to live the way they did. Blame, backstabbing, neglect, and fights were commonplace within the household. Even as they all finally managed to move into a slightly less violent area, the damage was long done and irreparable amongst them.

Although Angel always hated their role as an assassin, they kept at it due to the sheer profit of it. Each contract to her was impersonal to her, and it only really mattered that it would feed her family to avoid conflict between. Even long after all of the siblings left home, they would still be forced to work together out of obligation and the occasional job by the same employer. Though they all grew up together, there was no bond between them. Any fond memories were washed out by arguments and fights. Begrudgingly, they and Angel worked similarly to a team of contract assassins with not personal connections outside of them. Her parents weren’t much help; they cared little about the siblings, and instead managed and manipulated their funds for their own benefit.

Although Angel believed that the only ones she could trust was her own family, it all came crashing down when a job went terribly wrong. One of of her siblings made a terrible mistake, and in the heat of the moment they decided to throw Angel under the bus and save their own skin. Being sold out while her siblings cared little if they ever saw them again, it broke the trust in Angel in others for a very long time. If they couldn’t rely on their own family, who would? Barely did she escape, and she ran as far as she could. They truly believed that everyone was against them as their own blood sibling betrayed them without regret.

As much as she wanted to stray from the path that she was forced upon, it became clear that she had no choice but to continue her job. She worked mainly alone, with a few others that occasionally was assigned to the same job. Slowly, but surely she climbed the ranks and she was both feared and respected across certain circles of the planet. Even as she rose, she felt terrible about the lives she claimed with her own hands as a growing sense of morality appeared that was missing during her childhood. She hated how her coworkers lacked regret and mindlessly took innocent lives, but they were the closest thing she had to friends. Numb to the endless pain of the path forced upon them, Angel mindlessly kept at it while plotting to eventually stand up to their contractor’s unjust ways.

However, thrust from their usual life as an assassin was when they refused to take up a contract in which the target was a civilian kit. Suddenly, Angel had a large target on their back as they were forced on the run as their coworkers were now after them. In the midst of it; they encountered a spaceship that was for the rebellion and was presented two choices; one, refuse the offer to join and let them catch her, or two, join them and flee the planet. At her lowest point, she felt humiliated at the time to accept help from them especially since they were saints compared to her and begrudgingly boarded the ORION and fled the planet. Even then, Angel expected them to abandon her and throw her under the bus when times got tough.

Surprisingly, no matter how much she snapped at them the crew were understanding and didn’t seem to mind her dangerous past. It was a very strange experience the first week; she got food without having to do much, no contract to worry about aside from the ship chores all of the crew had, and the fact the atmosphere was so warm and cozy. Angel really wasn’t sure to despise it or grow comfortable to it. They found they had a very hard time talking to them, and despite their off putting demeanor none of them really minded their presence. On occasion, Angel would talk to the scientist (in which they learned their name was Willow) that always seemed interested in their own experience with creating toxins. The only crew member that was actually scared of her was Spectre, who always seemed nervous regardless of who he was with. As alien as it felt to Angel, they became fond of the crew. Sure, Absinthe would yell at them sometimes to stop lazing around but otherwise the ship was a nice change of pace.

Resurrect, the calm yet awkward ship captain. Absinthe, the nagging second-in command. Spectre, the anxious pilot. Uriel, the lazy mechanic. Dionysus, the charming thief. Willow, the curious scientist. All of them grew on Angel as they were all a a misfit group that only met by chance, and over time, the ship felt like a home that Angel never really had before. Although Angel would never admit it, they crew are something in which she considers her new family even if she has a hard time expressing it. Though unexpected it’s a change that’s welcome, and a chance for her to heal from her past….

Token Worth: 1048 Words | 10 tokens
Previous Responses:
X
x
x
x
x
(Dioxide)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, shinzlll, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 am

Username + ID#: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
Kalon Link: Angel
Chosen Prompt: What would they tell their past self?
Prompt Response:

“It’s not your fault that it was the path you were forced down upon. You will find someone, a family of sorts that cares about yourself regardless of your past, and that you’ll be able to leave your old life behind and start anew. Do not stay with the people who hurt you, they’ll just hurt you more.”

It’s hard to self reflect, at least it is for Angel. It’s hard to admit that maybe the blame shouldn’t be on yourself.

They realize that their past isn’t normal from the talks they’ve had with a few of the other kalons that their crew has encouraged. Most happily talk about their biological family and friends, and how much they love their partners. While it isn’t bad, it makes them jealous. To have a stable home and childhood was all they’ve ever wanted, yet never got.

The crew they stay with have a variety of pasts, some mostly peaceful with one major tragedy that completely destroyed their lives, and other arguably even worse than hers. All of them never fit in within the confines of the Federation, a gleaming collection of space empires that crumbled beneath the surface. The world was deeply flawed, as Angel knew themselves.

Even as part of the crew Angel’s assassin work still was deeply ingrained in them, as it was basically a part of them whether they liked it or not. They recall that their passion for toxicology started as a need for survival and a way of control, and in a place where the environment was more stable, she could’ve gotten a valid medical degree in it. But even now, Angel still took on an offensive role within the crew as the powerhouse of the group with their knowledge of toxins. Even now they still have nightmares about their past life as their role was forced upon them. Angel has talked with them, and each time they all assure that none of it was their fault, as they needed to survive the harsh slums beneath the crust of their home planet. At times, Angel didn’t really get how some of them were so patient, but they’re glad.

As much as Angel would still refuse to admit it, the crew she lives with are both her friends and family that she never had before. Looking past her use as an assassin, they all seemed happier together than alone. Even so, at first it was a rude awakening on how much she realized her past had affected her as she’d thought she’d already left behind her doubts. It turned out not to be the case. Even now a year since Angel has settled in with living with the crew, they’d still reach for their gun in response to any loud noises, and still had problems expressing themselves. But like many others of the crew, they all had something that made them struggle.

Spectre was quite literally afraid of everything and becoming a starship pilot was an attempt to face their fear of space, in which they crashed and was found by the crew of the ORION. Uriel, their brother joined the crew in search for them as their initial disappearance was found by him to be fishy. Absinthe wouldn’t talk about her past but from what Angel could tell it was arguably worse conditions. Resurrect didn’t leak anything despite the trust she had in the crew. Dionysus was framed for a crime he didn’t commit which was not helped by his kleptomaniac tendencies. Willow apparently lost her license to be a scientist as she refused to keep quiet about the horrors the federation had committed. Still all of them had each other in the end, even Angel. A bond that she needed much back then, back when she had no one to trust or turn to. She thought that she would never live to see the day in which she had a stable home without resorting to morally questionable means to get food on the table.

As much as she wishes to have never been forced to take the path she did, she’s slowly grown to accept it for what it is and no doubt it has shaped her. Even things she tries to forget, like her siblings who backstabbed her when times got bad or her coworkers that always seemed too compliant, even too willing to do the contracts they were assigned by corrupt clients. Angel remembers themselves feeling troubled and lonely, long losing hope of a better life and to be freed from their work. To become a better person, to slowly redeem themselves as they thought they were irredeemable. But occasionally, Angel learned that not everything or everyone is out to get you. Looking back, she shouldn’t have stayed with the kalons that cared little about them and instead they had the warning signs that they were untrustworthy. It was something they wish they knew beforehand. That better people will come at the right time and that times will be better.

Her arrival to the crew of the ORION was extremely unexpected, after the refusal to take up a hit landed a massive target on her life with a massive bounty to boot. By chance, Resurrect had heard of their work and saw something in them that to this day, Angel had no idea what. At the time, Angel was angry and humiliated as they’d failed the one purpose they thought they had in life. But as time went on, they found a new purpose as a member of the crew and found happiness as a family. As strange as it may sound, Angel wishes to comfort their past self and reassure that eventually everything will be okay in the end, and that they’ll eventually find their place in the world. Although the world may be cruel and ruthless, Angel wants to assure their past self that eventually their living situation will get better. While they wish that maybe their past is different, now they are content where they are, surrounded by found friends and family.

Token Worth: 1011 words | 10 tokens
Previous Responses:
x
(Angel)
X
x
x
x
x
(Dioxide)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
♠They/It/Aer♥
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, shinzlll, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me