Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Username + ID#: WitchHazel [148605]
Kalon Link: Carmen
Chosen Prompt: "How would this kal draw/describe themselves?"
Prompt Response:

“How do I describe myself?” Carmen sighed; a soft little thing that was sure to be missed by any who weren’t paying close attention. She swirled the toothpick around in her drink, fully aware that she could have easily used a claw to mix it instead. The olive on the end glared up at her accusingly. She donned a sly grin as she turned back to the other inquisitive kalon, eyelashes fluttering in what was sure to be a flattering gesture. “Well, doll, I’m a demon, plain and simple.”

Carmen is a demon, and she doesn’t shirk from that. On the outside, she may seem glib and carefree, but inside lies an inescapable darkness. She isn’t sure if the darkness developed after she became a demon, or if it was always there to begin with… but perhaps a little of both. Maybe it was there; waiting dormant like a slumbering beast. A shark swimming deep below the surface, just waiting for its moment to strike. The adder beneath the rose. Maybe it merely intensified when she signed that contract - awakening to grow and feed, lying heavy in her chest. It’s hard to know when she remembers so little of her mortal life.

If asked, she may just flat out say it. It’s not like anyone is going to believe her anyways, aside from the odd demon hunter. But what kind of demon would go around admitting they’re a demon? The honesty could throw them off, as well. Even so, “a gorgeous dame with an air of mystery about her” is a more likely response.

Her subconscious could give a far more honest answer than she ever would - Carmen views herself as a monster. One of the things that goes bump in the night. A shadow, flickering from the corner of an eye. A primal beast of darkness ravaging everything it touches. Her guilt grows fat and complacent on its diet of recent memories; crimes she had to commit as part of her eternal job - souls she had to take for Avernus. Some of the guilt was simply carried over from her mortal life, though she doesn’t recall why she feels guilty in the first place, aside from the obvious. The thought of going back to Avernus is what keeps her going - if she can collect enough souls, she’ll get a promotion and she won’t have to deal with the actual collection of souls itself. A desk job sounded more appealing. That, and maybe being off the mortal plane would stop the headaches. The sudden flashes of memory, typically accompanied by even more sudden flashes of guilt. Part of her wants to stay; to learn why the guilt complex. What could she have done that was so bad? Another part of her knows there’s something - someone - she should be looking for on the mortal plane, but she can barely remember their name. Her name. The scent of a specific flower was the only thing that cleared her memory, and even that was fleeting.

As for drawing, Carmen has discovered that she is quite a talented artist! Maybe that’s what she did in her mortal life? ...no, that felt… distinctly off. It was something else. Something with worried faces and murmured conversations; something with binoculars and polaroids and high-speed chases. Jumping from lead to lead, case to case… there were a lot of files, and she didn’t have an assistant to file them. That much, she remembered.

Her art skill isn’t much for imagination, however - she could draw herself as she is, or as she thinks she was when she was mortal. She could draw herself in any pose, really. She seemed to have a keen memory for faces and descriptors. Ironic that she could barely remember anything from her past. She has taken to sketching out scenes from what she does remember, though she’s never in any of them seeing as she’s drawing from her own viewpoint. When drawing herself, it usually ends up being a vent sketch - her form often appears more monstrous and wild than it is in reality, her teeth and claws bared in expressions of rage or even pain. Sometimes when she draws herself, it is as she was when she was mortal - or, at least how she thinks she looked. She often finds herself staring longingly at those sketches when she isn’t paying attention.

Token Worth: 5 [728 words]
Previous Responses:
Let go
Favourite scent
Flower
How she met her love
Magic
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 pm

page 40 wrote:Mooshyy: Approved & banked
      Little Fish: Approved & banked
      SilhouetteStation: Approved & banked
      Canem Morningstar: Approved & banked

page 41 wrote:Mooshyy: Approved & banked
      Jack Walten: Approved & banked
      rue_m0rgue: Approved & banked
      Nermal1999: Approved & banked
      Rosemoon: Approved & banked
      Little Fish: Approved & banked
      Deercan: Approved & banked

page 42 wrote:Rosemoon: Approved & banked
      Dark Ranger: Approved & banked
      rem sleep: Approved & banked
      Domino Tricks: Approved & banked
      Mastergirl7: Approved & banked
      Canem Morningstar: Approved & banked

page 43 wrote:WitchHazel: Approved & banked
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:15 am

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: "Are they afraid of death?"
      Prompt Response:
          A gentle breeze ran its fingers through Insomnia’s hair, gently tangling black locks into loose knots of messy curls. His heavy eyelids closed, the grass waving at him as he turned a blind eye. The petals of the flowers around him danced and swayed, their fragrant aroma drifting past him on the soft cascading wind. Vibrant purple, ocean blue, sky azure and earthy green mingled in the dreamy scene. Insomnia Tenebrous lay in a familiar field, watching the clouds pass and take any shape they pleased. The city wasn’t far, and he could still hear the sounds of cars zipping past one another on the road, the distant buzz of city life and the bleary haze of car horns and alarms breaking the peaceful ambiance. Everything elsewhere was a hurried blur, a rush to get places and do things. But Insomnia was here, lying on the ground of an unassuming public park, cloud watching as time passed him by. He could feel each grain of sand falling from the top of the hourglass to the bottom, and yet, he found that, peculiarly, it didn’t bother him.

He wondered about it fairly often. Was he afraid of death? Where did his hesitance at the idea of it even come from? Looking around at the world he lived in, he wasn’t particularly disturbed by the idea of not being a part of it anymore. He didn’t have anyone to spend time with, or anything to do. There was a certain listless quality to his life, like a leaf floating on directionless, slow wind. Or a single lily pad, drifting along the mostly still surface of a small pond. Where did he think he was going, anyway? He no longer felt like he had the direction to get anywhere, at all. His world was small, limited by past mistakes and learned helplessness. He didn’t have the energy to go. His gas tank was too low to carry him away from his problems. The people he loved were long behind him now, so there was no sense in that either. If he wasn’t staying to do something with himself, to go somewhere good, or to be with someone special, what worth was there to continuing his life?

It was a question he humored on lazy days like today. He did have a knee-jerk reaction to the idea of passing on, even though, logically, he had nothing that fell into the category of “worth living for”. He didn’t want to go to whatever came next, but why was that? What he had right now wasn’t particularly good. He’d even say it was bad. His employer was terrifying, and even as he enjoyed his few moments of peace, he felt those cold icy eyes boring into his core from here. Working his profession as a spy was draining, and it made him feel like no part of him was genuine at all, save for, perhaps, his fear of the man who employed his services. It was a dreary, unfortunate existence, and he didn’t see it getting better any time soon.

Another fragrant breeze billowed by, and Insomnia cracked open one heavy eyelid to watch the clouds pass by. One, he found, looked like a moon and stars. Another was a sharp petaled flower. These symbols reminded him of people… his old best friend, his new benefactor. That was right… he didn’t work his old masquerade of a career anymore. Someone had come to save him from that existence, to get him out of the jaws of that beast. It still didn’t feel real. When he closed his eyes and opened them, he was always worried he’d find that it was just a rare good dream that would fade with the day. But it hadn’t yet been revealed yet, and with each passing day he grew more certain that it wouldn’t be. The other shape reminded him of Reverie Luminescence, his old best friend, to whom he’d always been faithful even if it seemed like he wasn’t. Reverie, of course, would not forgive him for what he’d had to do to keep him safe. But that was okay. Reverie was talking to him again now, sometimes. Short letters, cordial cards. Now that the façade had been cast away, and Reverie knew the truth, he’d come back to meet his old friend again, though things could never be the same again. Not exactly.

Still. His life so far had been marred by the past, disfigured by unfortunate circumstances and his future prospects limited thereby… However. Insomnia Tenebrous found that he did have something worth living for, something worth fearing death over. A future. Perhaps not the future he wanted, nor the future he imagined. His ideal would never be reality, yet… because he had a future, there would be time to construct more ideals. To pursue more goals. To dream new dreams. There was the possibility that things would get better, that these new people in his life would be the ones he was always waiting for when in the depths of his most personal loneliness.

Because things could get better… Insomnia resolved that he’d found the answer to his age-old question. He was afraid of death. Because even if his life was far from perfect, there was always a chance that it would become better.

After all, Reverie was talking to him again. He found joy in their interactions, even if they were brief. The kind of bond they had was different now, but it was still something like its old self. A familiar echo, a comfortable sort of nostalgia, a reflection of a cherished face. They shared in things that others just didn’t. Like a childhood secret shared in a two-person tent. Like a letter passed in elementary school. Their bond was a uniquely personal one, stained with childhood crayon and haphazard craft glue, with playground tricks and overdue homework. There was something special there, and now that he was no longer forced to pretend to be Reverie’s enemy… the relief was immeasurable. He hadn’t expected Reverie to ever forgive him… and yet, impossibly, one good thing had come of all this masquerading. Reverie was safe, and apparently, still happy to spend time with his old friend.

And there was his new employer, too. An enigmatic man with lots of secrets, but a good head on his shoulders, and a kind heart. He had faith that this man would be a good host to him. He’d been nothing but accommodating and was the first one in years upon years who had looked at him with a sturdy sort of trust, even knowing what he was. His new employer was too forgiving to hold the past against him. It was this man who Insomnia had heard his first uplifting message about the future—that it was not bound by the past, that it belonged to whoever would take it. Of course, his employer did not believe in forgetting the past. Knowing it and making progress forwards, no matter how hard… That was this man’s mentality, and it was one that made Insomnia feel like he was not as doomed as he thought.

That despite the mistakes he’d made, with Reverie and with his career, he could try again, and do better. That was the value of living.

Token Worth: 1,220 words - 10 tokens !
      Previous Responses:
      Who are their most trusted friends?
      Are they an early bird or a night owl?

If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
      What is their favorite accessory?
      What was their childhood bedroom like?
      Describe their ideal world.
      What is their world's creation story?
      "Blood is thicker than water" or "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb"?
      A smell they absolutely HATE.
      What do they use as an escape?
      What is one myth or story that is unique to their world?
      Does magic exist? Describe it and its limits.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:21 am

Username + ID#: DragonOfEmber
    Kalon Link: Brayan

Chosen Prompt: [when are they most brave?]
    Prompt Response:
    Brayan is most brave when protecting those he loves most!
    [please count the artwork towards the prompt!]
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5
    [multiple characters] - 5
    total worth: 19

Chosen Prompt: [what's their favourite sound]
    Prompt Response:
    Brayan's favourite sound is his boyfriend's singing!
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5

Chosen Prompt: [are there any famous ruins or landmarks?]
    Prompt Response:
    Yes! There are fairy circles!
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5

Chosen Prompt: [what is their biggest fear?]
    Prompt Response:
    Brayan's biggest fear is fading away. If the magic connecting him to the magical forests fades, so will he.
    [click for bigger image]
    Token Worth:
    [fullbody] - 4
    [shading] - 2
    [colour] - 3
    [background] - 5

Previous Responses:
    [starry skies]
    [favourite scent]
    [future]
    [pet]
    [races/species]

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:16 pm

Username + ID#: Rosemoon #941592
Kalon Link: Sydney
Chosen Prompt: How do they handle a bad day?
Prompt Response:
"Oh gosh darnit!" Sydeny jolted straight up out of bed. Her alarm was blaring in her ear and yet she had slept through it for a solid hour. Which meant she was lot for her doctors appointment, and if she didn't get there fast enough she would miss her appointment with a customer as well.
She threw off her blankets and slammed off her alarm. Sweating from feeling overheated and stressed, she realized her A.C. wasn't working. She ran over and lifted open the vent in the front. Sure enough, there was something jamming the inside stopping it from blowing in the cold air.
"I don't have time for this!" she yelled and went straight to the bathroom. The mirror was dirty again, and she couldn't see her proper reflection. Groaning, she wiped a wet washcloth across it and made it smudgier. She screamed into her elbow and started to brush her teeth. She smelled like a wet dog but she wasn't in the mood for running even more late by taking a shower. She tossed on some random clothes and grabbed her purse. Running out the door she hopped on her bike and started pedaling like crazy.
"I don't have time for food..." she reminded herself as the scent of Dunkin' Donuts breakfast bagel filled her head like a fog.
Sydney was of course, an hour late to her appointment but she wasn't giving up that easily.
"I NEED this appointment, Doctor Sunai is supposed to do a rundown from my head injury and represcribe me my medication!" she cried.
"Ma'am, other people need to get to their appointments too, you can reschedule with your doctor online or I can reschedule right now. He has another opening.... October 5th" the receptionist said plainly.
"That's a whole month from now, no!"
"Well, if it was that important it wouldn't matter..." the receptionist didn't even make eye contact as she typed something out on her laptop.
Sydney stormed out. A man tripped and his coffee in hand flew and spread all over Sydney. She screamed and fell to her knees in frustration, her head killing her. Sydney had gotten into a surfing accident that caused injury to her brain, and injury bad enough to where now a year later, whenever her stress levels get to high, she experiences severe pain that causes her to become irritable and frustrated. She whipped her head to the dude.
"Watch where you're going!" the normally sweet Sydney spat and looked down at herself and the mess. That's when she realized she was wearing a shirt that had a giant hole right in the middle of the stomach wide enough to fit a fist or two. It had enormous stains on it. Her bottoms? Were just boxer short underwear over her regular underwear. And the boxer shorts were small and had holes in them. She had unintentionally grabbed the clothes she was throwing away.
"I look like a bum, oh my gosh" she cried and got up. Sprinting out the door, the soaking wet messy Sydney hopped on her bike and booked it back home.
"I'm late for my client now, can this day get any worse?" she spoke into the ether. Unfortunately for her, it spoke back.
Sydney rolled up to her apartment and ran inside as fast as she could. She yanked her laptop out of it's bag and went straight into her website's appointment waiting line. 0 customers.
"No!" she cried out and tried doing a zoom call with her client.
"Miss Brisbane, I am no longer interested in hiring you on for the job. I've already contacted another website graphic designer who is much more professional!" the client argued.
"I am professional! I'm just having like... a REALLY bad day. Can we PLEASE reschedule for another day? I promise I'll be on time and everything! I need this job, that's $300 towards my dream home!" Sydney pleaded, tears streaming down her face.
"I'm sorry, Miss Brisbane, I just don't feel comfortable doing business with someone like you anymore, g'day". The client hung up.
Sydney, in her frustration, started trying to frantically take her dirty old clothes off to throw away again and in her rapid movement, she fell straight into her coffee table and knocked down the vase that was there. She halted and looked at the broken pieces that scattered across the floor. She dropped to her knees. That vase was a priceless family heirloom dating back 200 years and was her most valuable and favorite thing she owned. It meant a lot to her. Her mother would kill her.
The sad kal started to sob hysterically in stress filled tears. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. It took her 30 whole minutes before she stopped and stood.
"I need to handle this..." she said to herself. She needed to use her "bad day" emergency kit. She only used it for days like these. This is how she handled this type of thing. She reached into the cabinet in the kitchen on the high top shelf above the stove. There in the back was a medium sized black metal box. She opened it.
Inside the box was the following: a tea bag labeled "peach and ginger white tea", a bathbomb that was purple and glittery called "Galactic Sparkle", a single tall red candle, a CD of white noise sounds, an eye mask, and a small raggedy stuffed animal keychain turtle.
Sydney brewed up the tea in her pot, and she sat staring at it, waiting until it was done. She grabbed a CD player and placed it on the bathroom sink along with the candle, now lit. She filled up the tub with luke warm water and dropped the bathbomb into it. She put the turtle at the edge of the tub gently and got in. She then put on her eyemask and laid back into the water, nearly falling asleep.
Once the water was cold, the candle blown out, and the tea gone, Sydney got out and took a deep breath. She put on clean pajamas and sat in her living room, staring at the mess before she went to clean it up.
"Tomorrow is a new day..." she whispered to herself.

Token Worth: [1045 Words] 10 Tokens
Previous Responses: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirelion » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:46 pm

Username + ID#:
sapphirelion + 394497
Kalon Link:
Rieu's on oekaki ref(s)
Chosen Prompt:
Are they an early bird or night owl?

Prompt Response:
Early bird more often than not!
Token Worth:
Bust-shot: 3 tokens
Color Bonus + 3 tokens
Background Bonus + 5 tokens
Total: 11 tokens

Previous Responses:
[1]
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Greater love has no one than this,
than to l
ay down one's life for his friends
- John 15:13

info
my kals 🦑
kalon art shop
Diamond (kia)
other characters of mine
Art by me,gif by Meridiem, pixel by pangur.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
sapphirelion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Username + ID#: FallenPegasus #655686
Kalon Link: off oekaki post
Chosen Prompt:
I chose 4 prompts, all answered here! they're all numbered <3
im sorry my shading is so messy, im still in the experimental stages of figuring out how i like to shade but i promise i did put effort into this

1.) chosen prompt: leader, follower, or loner?
Prompt Response: he's definitely a loner!
token worth: fullbody (4), shaded (2), multiple character (5) = 11 tokens

2.) chosen prompt: do they like the day time or are they a night owl?
prompt response: 100% night owl, their favorite hour is 3am!
token worth: fullbody (4), shaded (2) = 6 tokens

3.) chosen prompt: what do they use an escape?
prompt response: okay not going to like i read this as "TO escape"... so they use themselves! they strike an intimidating pose with their tail high up to show off all of their scary eyespots

4.) chosen prompt: how would it go if they were king/ruler of a kingdom for a day?
prompt response: "everything is fine" they found the kingdom's secret library of spellbooks and taught themself how to control fire, yknow. no big deal...

all 4 prompts token total: 29

Previous Responses: none yet!
hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
(FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
she/her
toyhouse
art fight
all art in sig by me
fisht3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshyy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Username + ID#: mooshyy + 823703
Kalon Link: ink
Chosen Prompt: Does magic exist? Describe it and it’s limits
Prompt Response:
The magic in this universe is very strong, its limits are unknown. You have to be enchanted to perform spells, which requires artifacts if you're not already born enchanted, it's a whole process.
Peebo, the other character in the picture is born in the most magically condensed place in the universe, so he is my representation of the magic lol

Token Worth: 19 pts
fullbody- 4 pts
color- 3 pts
shading- 2 pts
background- 5 pts
multiple characters- 5pts

Previous Responses: 1 | 2 & 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

edit: i accidentally made full body 5 points instead of 4 oops
Last edited by Mooshyy on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
moosh • she/her |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
discord : mooshyy. |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
toyhouse |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
artshop |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬| carrd |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mooshyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:42 pm

Username + ID#: Chickpea 921177
Kalon Link: off-oekaki form
Chosen Prompt: "Do they have any pets?"
Prompt Response:
She does occasionally feed the kitchen rat...

Token Worth: [please give us the word count or art breakdown]
Art Total (26)

4 - Fullbody
2 - pixel art
2 - shading
3 - color
5 - animation (blink, steam)
5 - background
5 - extra character (Rat)

Previous Responses: None
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Northstar. » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Username + ID#: Northstar. #65952
Kalon Link: Hopscotch
Chosen Prompt: "What was the first ride they ever rode at the fair/amusement park?"
Prompt Response:

He doesn't know why someone would name a theme park Red Flags - it a was basically a bright Neon sign saying to stay away.  And they even had five red flags as their park logo. It was kind of horrible.  A horrible logo for a horrible place.

Hopscotch kind of likes it.

There's a crush of people at the entrance and he cringes all the way through.  Sticky, whiny kids are the bane of his existence. A spirit follows just behind him, bouncing along the path with glee.  She was the sole reason he was here - at this particular amusement park, crowded like sardines from all sides. His nose wrinkles. Someone definitely put on too much body spray. He practically inhales a cloud of it as he pays for a day pass. 

Someone's kid is throwing a tantrum over an orange balloon. He's sorely tempted to pop it with his claw. Alas, he has a mission today(he doesn't understand why he volunteers for these things - ah, yes - it's his job).

"Alrighty Agatha, which way to these 'teacups' you wish to spin in?" Hopscotch questions the spirit.  Said spirit was a woman in her twilight years, a cane she no longer needed clutched in her hand.  She bounced along like a three year old - utterly enamored by the sights and sounds.  Agatha's hair was long and white as clouds, braided into pigtails and tied with bright yellow ribbon.  She spins around to watch the sparkling carousel - and if she were corporeal she would've taken out seven people with her cane.

Hopscotch is sorely, sorely tempted.... But if he did that he would be completely wiped for the rest of the day, and Agatha would be unable to move on.

"Pity," he mumbles to himself. "To the teacups!"

The line was absolutely ridiculous. A child kept staring at him, unblinking, and it was perhaps the creepiest thing he'd experienced so far as a mortal. Gum, soda, and popcorn crumbs made the bottom of his shoes disgustingly sticky. And the sun beat down on him, burning the tips of his ears, his nose, and forearms. Sunscreen? Never met her.

The line moves with the speed of a depressed snail and a mouthy group of children keep stepping on the backs of his shoes.  The things he puts up with.

"My great grandparents carved carousel horses," Agatha says with a bright smile. "I always wanted to carry on the tradition, but life always gets in the way."

"You have all the time to learn," Hopscotch says frankly.  The kids behind him snicker and he stews, glaring over his shoulder.  The shortest kid glares back, pulls the lids of her eye down and sticks her tongue out.  Hopscotch is appalled.  He didn't know faces could move like that.

"Hey mister!" another in the group calls as they finally enter the ride.  Hopscotch sighs.

"Yes, child?"  There were a few adjectives he wanted to add - horrid, disgusting, obnoxious, bratty.

"Bet you can't spin faster than us!"

"Cause you're old!"

"Old?" Agatha cackles, swatting her cane at the children's shins; it passes right through, of course. Hopscotch sulks, ears flattening against his head.

"I'll accept your wager. What are the terms?" he sighs dryly. He can feel a headache coming on.

"Whattaya mean?"

"What is the prize?"

"Uhhhh.. bragging rights and the loser has to wear this silly hat alllllll day!" A multicolored circular cap is produced, with a little silly fan on the top.

"Deal."

Bets now waged and agreed, they board the teacup ride like soldiers.  Agatha picks a pink and gold teacup as their chariot, and the children hop in another beside them.  The ride starts with a jump and rattle - and Hopscotch spins like his life depends on it.

Which it does. That hat is atrocious and a bane to fashion and humankind alike.

The little teacups spins and spins and spins. Agatha is laughing and Hopscotch smiles.  Until he can't hold his head up anymore from the force. He feels like his eyelids are glued to his forehead, hair flapping in the wind.  His vision crosses, world tilting.  Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy!  Everything blurs and blends - lights and sound and gravity.

"Maybe this wasn't the best idea," Agatha titters over the wind. "You're turning green."

Oh.

Oh no.

His stomach is turning, too.

The ride takes forever to slow, then stop.  Hopscotch stumbles off, collapsing in the grass and as pale as a ghost as he focuses on breathing.  His head pounds behind his left eye.

"Did we win?" he gasps.  A hat is plopped on his head.

"Nope!"

The only comfort he takes from the gloating gaggle of children is that they're absolutely green - and their screams as he solidifies a jubilant Agatha for three seconds are the cherry on top.

"That was horrible," he murmurs, stomach still tumbling around.  "I don't very much like tea cups."

"We can try the carousel next!" Agatha crows, practically dragging him down the path.  Some lady is giving him serious side-eye and he's tempted to give her a good scare.

"I thought after the teacups you would move on."

"I can stay a while longer."

They do indeed ride the carousel - Agatha on a finely carved mustang, and Hopscotch on a possum.  What? He liked its creepy face and sharp teeth.  They even played a few games - Hopscotch beat the bragging group of kids with Agatha's help and walked away with a huge stuffed eel.

All in all, it wasn't the most terrible thing ever. One thing for sure - Hopscotch would never ride spinny-dizzy-nausea-inducing teacups again.

Token Worth: 9 tokens (931 words)
Previous Responses: None.
Northstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me