Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby lovage » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:02 pm

Username + ID#: lovage + 817593
    Kalon Link: evelyn
    Chosen Prompt: Name a time where they told a lie, whether it was for the best, or the worst.
    Prompt Response:
      To be fair, it is something that goes very much against Evelyn’s role within her world yet she has told multiple lies. She is the supreme judge of the land and the rulers’ right hand when it comes to everything. So, she has to rule in favor of the rulers regardless of what her powers reveal to her about the truths or lies that those in front of her tell her. If her rulers wish them to be guilty, then it shall be so. It is something that she is deeply ashamed of, and here is the one case that still lingers in her mind the most when she had to lie for another time.

The case room was empty like always. It was the norm of her kingdom as there had been for years. All it was about was control, so no witnesses to spread word of each case, meaning more control over everything that the public got about the case. Yet, this was another case full of lies just like all the others. This case was for a “traitor to the crown” or as Evelyn liked to call them “citizens who just made the rulers mad,” and it would be like any other case of this nature. Yet, this one felt off to her. This defendant was just the average young adult, a nameless face who blended in the crowd, who was very meek and timid, or at least that was what she thought at the time. And, every single time they spoke, it was all truth unless her eyes were deceiving her. So, it struck her as odd that someone like that was here, but she had a job to do. And, there was no dwelling upon what was the truth or lie for the case as the ruler already decided guilty for them.

The case was covered up by the charges of vandalising a piece of royal property and forging the royal coat of arms and the previous rulers’ crest. But, the true reason why it was covered up as it was only to cover up the rebellion by getting its known members captured and sending them off for years, only for them to return under completely new identities to make it harder for them to group up further. Raising her voice, it echoed in the lofty chamber as she spoke. “Both sides have presented their evidence, shall we proceed with the verdict that the royal majesties our rulers have presented to me?”

Both of the lawyers nodded their heads in agreement. There was no point in fighting to push back the verdict, regardless of where the facts laid.

“We shall proceed then,” her voice boomed. The verdict rested before her sealed within an envelope plastered with the royal coat of arms and the rulers’ current crest. She knew what lied inside, but she wanted to just hold her breathe in the case it was an innocent verdict. The paper unfolded itself as the wax seal with undone, and there before her was the guilty verdict like always. In dark red ink was another message directed towards her of a warning to what would happen if she didn’t deliver like always, it was unusual. Perhaps the rulers noticed her twang of guilt coming through or even predicted it. Yet, she still lied on the behalf of her rulers again like before. “Guilty is what they delivered to me. Our kind and so generous rulers have recommended that you’ll be placed within prison for the next two decades unlike life in prison which is the recommended sentencing for this,” she said. A smile took hold as she waved them off.

The two lawyers nodded and ushered the guilty one out of the room. It was over at least that was what she thought before they stormed up under her platform. Their eyes were full of rage as they yelled at her from below. “I’m innocent. You all put me up to this.”

She smiled as it would be interesting to see how it unfolds. It would be good entertainment before the next case and guilty verdict. “We did no such thing. Please leave before the guards drag you out,” Evelyn said. He was starting to get frustrating. “I have other cases today. Our majestic leaders need these to be done, and for all of them to be dealt with.”

Their face was very much of rage as the two lawyers tried to calm him down. Apparently, that wasn’t working at all from what “They’re not so kind like you brainwashed fools think they are,” the young adult cried out. “I know what they are like, and you will too once the rebellion wins!”

“Guards, take him away,” she put up a false angry tone to shout. “This nonsense is over and dealt with. Be thankful that you aren’t going to stay in that musty prison for the rest of your life compared to others. I would honestly hold my tongue if I were you. Our very kind, compassionate, and majestic rulers took pity upon you, and maybe you’ll understand that once you have done your time.” It was a lie that no one in the room believed yet much like the verdict had to go along with. As the guilty young adult was dragged from her courtroom with a look of absolute rage as the two lawyers rushed along, she was just smiling and waving as the doors closed. Those lies will be ones to remember.

And, she was right about that. Lying isn’t what she likes at all, but if it shuts someone up or makes them stop, then she will happily lie though she wants to stop. Yet, she can’t help but not stop. A lie like this one in the courtroom can go a long way yet this one was a particularly good lie for her and her rulers at least. She lies for her rulers, her kingdom, and on top of all for her rank, so her life is a constant lie like in that memory.
    Token Worth: 1013 words - 10 tokens
    Previous Responses:
    one two and three

Username + ID#: lovage + 817593
    Kalon Link: evelyn
    Chosen Prompt: Does magic exist? Describe it and it’s limits
    Prompt Response:
      Magic is something that exists in all forms within Evelyn’s. Anyone can access it without much hassle as it is free to be used. It is found within nature and all forms of elements. In this world, the rule of thumb is that if you can think it then you can make it. It may take up a lot of energy from a small to major amount. Most may be overwhelmed and need outside assistance to keep the spell going, but some can continue it without any assistance and this is a very rare occurrence, taking decades upon decades to master this. As for the energy source itself, it is drawn from anything and everything due to multiple reasons. These reasons and types are below.
      Natural spells are spells that come from nature, so it has a basis within the natural world, drawing from it. If the spell is more natural, it is drawn from nature nearby to what it can. So, it can be drawn from the lifesource to the actual elements for these natural spells. It can wilt and make the neighboring plants die in a way or even make things in multiple feet wilt. This is all according to how powerful the spell being performed is.

As for the elemental spells, it is a very broad category, and it includes but isn’t limited to fire, water, lightning, air, earth, nature, and much more. It doesn’t include natural spells, but these categories do overlap somewhat. It can only be done near the source. So, a fire spell can’t be done with a source of fire. However, a water spell can be performed without a clear water source nearby due to the water molecules in the air, but water within living things can’t be manipulated with. These types of spells being only able to be performed with a source is mainly due to how it can’t be performed naturally without outside assistance. Normally, anyone who masters this type of spell will carry a small amount of the element, outside of air, water, earth, and plants due to some form of it constantly being around.

Rune spells are much more of the imaginative type for spells which means anything can be formed from this. It is more about memorization though due to runes making up a complete spell language, meaning it takes years to get to more of the imaginative runes. Rune spells can be drawn up anywhere. All that is needed is a writing utensil like a pencil or pen. As long as it can draw up runes, it can be used. And, it also needs a clear surface in order to be performed properly. Runes draw its energy source from the user only, leaving them somewhat tired afterwards. Some may require more than one user to fully complete the spell, but that is only reserved for the harder ones. If another user isn’t available or unable to perform the spell, an outside source of help like a mana booster is used on the rune.

Potions though not one’s traditional spell are still counted due to its use of using up energy from the brewed objects. This is a very simple form of magic only requiring the herbs and other sources of magic along with a brewing book. It can be used to brew up any type of potion, mainly mana potions and medical stuff. It takes up energy from the objects placed into it, meaning that the user has no side effects of this type of magic and can be done infinitely as long as the funds allow it. The only downside is that they take long to brew and only last upwards of a year, depending on the type of potion.

The final form of magic is gifted from the gods, or spirits of the world, to a mortal user. It is gifted, stolen, or granted via a contract with any of these entities, and being granted these abilities is a major milestone. If it is gifted, it isn’t something that may be willing, or if it is stolen or granted in a contract, then it is always something that is willining bestowed upon the mortal user. These are natural magic that is only used in one form of magic like water or nature. It means that they don’t have the limitations of energy like the other forms as it is infinite, but it may have some down sides to it. It may be very limited or even drive the user mad due to the mortal form not being able to fully take hold of it. As an example of a user, Evelyn’s form of magic falls underneath this category as she stole her magic from the old god of justice. She has the ability to fully understand the story when it is presented to her. Her five eyes scan the document or person and are able to determine if they are lying or not. She also has the ability to make those around her to tell the truth regardless of if they are willing or not, but it is something that can’t be controlled, being “turned on and off” at random, and is hard to live with.

As for the means that can extend one’s use of power, there can be multiple ways to make it work more. The main way is via a type of a staff or wand. It holds an extra source of power that can grant much more ability to the user, and it is typically a stone or magical plant but anything can be used. However, these sources of power have to be often replaced when it is fully used up, so it is mainly a source to help with medium energy spells or as a backup on a larger one. Another type is a type of potion used to boost energy. These are called mana potions, or a mana booster as it is now being called. This adds an extra source of energy to a spell or magic user without drawing more from them. They can be stacked upon each other and be stored in the user or spell for as long as needed. However, it is not necessarily safe to use for every spell if used on the user due to the side effects of drawing out too much or storing up too much energy from the user.

Magic is all around the place within Evelyn’s world so all that one has to do is look for it and have enough energy, be in the right place, or a staff on them to perform it.
    Token Worth: 1106 words - 10 tokens
    Previous Responses:
    one two and three
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Little Fish » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:17 pm

Username + ID#: Little Fish + 168591
Kalon Link: xXx
Chosen Prompt: What is their nerdy hobby?
Prompt Response: Between discovering new herbs and uses of old herbs and fishing for the village, Waverly enjoys bird watching as well. The island of Kalivar has different birds than the neighboring island of Kaldwal and even different to Rershime, the mainland. Home to some of the rarest species of birds, Waverly can often be seen scaling trees and hiding in bushes for hours to catch a glimpse of a single bird. She uses an archaic beat up camera to capture photos of the exquisite species. Her favorite is a bird known as Rapnol, from a dark blue egg they are baby blue when hatched then grows into its adult feathers with a deep ocean blue wings that shine iridescently in the light. The tail feathers remain baby blue, though almost translucent to not stand out on the mostly green island. Waverly hopes to one day take a boat to the mainland to see more birds, though she has yet to see all the island has to offer. Her caretaker has spoken serendipitously of a soft purple bird that can only be found in blue moon light. Tales of said bird have been passed down for generations and only once in a lifetime can it be seen. Her caretaker has said in about 10 more years on the night of the blue moon it will arrive. That was said about 9 years ago, and Waverly waits ever so patiently. Which is he greatest take away from this hobby and possibly why she has become such a good fisher. Between watching the bird fish for themselves to waiting for hours for a single bird to land, Waverly has learned a lot of the traits needed to be a good fisherman. Her favorite fishing bird is a Sinuel, hatched from a mud colored egg they start off with dark grey down then become an off white bird with bright red to orange speckling under their wings. The Sinuel uses its wings to attract fish to the surface, the bright red unders looking like the cherry shrimps' the fish often feed on. The bird then strikes the water forcefully after observing said fish, thus ensuring it will not swim directly away. Having observed this action countless times, Waverly has made her own form of it. Stringing together multiple small lures with bright red attachments, she gently shakes them across the water, this always gives a multitude of catches at once as the fish try to feed on the "shrimp". Another favorite of Waverly's is the Arcnol, a close cousin of the Rapnol, but the most endangered bird on the island. The bird comes from a small potato colored egg and hatches completely white. This leaves the hatchlings in a dangerous predicament due to being seen easily by other predators. The bird has become somewhat of a rarity due to this and poaching of the hatchlings and adults is at large. The adult Arcnol is a soft lavender and has very long tail feathers that drag behind, the color and length is sought after world-wide and many cultures believe the bird has healing properties. Waverly can often be seen chasing off others who stray too close to the Arcnols.
Token Worth: 5 {500 words}
Previous Responses: N/A

Chosen Prompt: Do they prefer the sun, or a cloudy day?
Prompt Response: Cloudy!
Token Worth: 16 {full-body 4, shading 2, color 3, back ground 5, pixel 2}
Previous Responses: Above

Chosen Prompt: What flower would they use to describe themselves as?
Prompt Response: Edelweiss
Token Worth: 14 {full-body 4, shading 2, color 3, back ground 5}
Previous Responses: Above

35 total, 30 left to go.
Last edited by Little Fish on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.

xxx Image

Little Fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eyedrops » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:49 am

username + ID#: rue_m0rgue + 1020854
kalon link: atwood <3
chosen prompt: are they afraid of death?

prompt response: to die would imply to any rational man that i would have ever been alive in the first place. after all, how can one know if they are truly alive without the ever-patient reminder of death lurking around every corner? the maddening awakening from ignorance is a curse, after all. in a faraway extant daydream about a life shaded from the creatures betwixt eldritch nightmares and hell’s deepest and unholiest spectres, i might have the brash volition to consider myself living. there is surely blood in my veins, crimson life that tirelessly circulates to keep my puppeteered, mangled form alive. alas, i do not know why my tender heart bothers to put so much slaving labor into an amorphous body that seems to forever fail us both. i have come to know that the sepulchral entities that have indulged their parasitic bellies through the contents of my thoughts bear news far worse than any passing of any life. i beg of you a further question, what does it mean to die? not a living soul on this planet, nor any other, is truly sure of what happens after the delve into the great nothing, yet we fear the implications of the judgement from some almighty being who would supposedly care enough to condemn our bleeding altruism. self centred and childish is how we enter this blazing world, and once we enter into the effortless nothing, we will have not changed even a smidgen.

i agree with the rallying men of the white coats in tectonic memory in stating that my pessimism helps nobody, but it is the blasphemous mindset of always wishing to help another wandering soul that ends lives. if you are to truly be afraid of death without the guise of clandestine wariness that most half-wits seem to have, then what you should fear are the selfish impacts of your passing on those you whole-heartedly care about. i do not use the term “whole-heartedly” sparingly, as if they are not willing to give their life and more for you, and yours for theirs, then i assure you that your passing will not scar them beyond recovery. we are resilient beings, as vile as we are, and just like rats without tails that manage to escape traps set for their demise, we are able to heal. it is foolish of me to hope that my cadaver-esque world view could act as gauze for the healing of my own wounds, yet i will apply it without fail in hopes that perhaps this purulent drainage will halt and scabs will be able to form. if you have realised that there is nobody who would be hurt irreprably by your passing, before the writhing swarm of festering thoughts engulfs you, i implore you to find peace with your worthlessness. you are the same as any other one of us, fragile and imputent creatures, but beautiful in their own right. your life, in its meaningless, gives ironic yet hyperbolic value to it, and that should not be wasted on the life of some languishing fool you choose to help. there is no melancholy in knowing that you could have saved someone yet abstained, it only means that you were more fit to continue on with the menial task of living.

i do not wish to be saved when my accursed time has come, for the hindrance of fate does no favors to the living. no prudent preening nor tedious wrapping of any injury will erase the runic lore that has been carved into my being. perhaps, if by some forsaken chance i was enslaved by a curse that forced me to relive this nightmare, then i would right whatever wrongs supposedly committed by me. not for the forgiveness of some sanctified deity who had refused to speak a word to me for the decades i had faith in it, but rather for myself. if this life of wreckage and sorrow was forced cruelly into my unworthy hands as a destined sinner, then i deem it as mine and mine alone, and with it i plan to please nobody except myself. i welcome the hellfire that must await me if such a devilish place does exist, for when it gnaws at my bones i will be reminded of icarus and my relentless dream to fly upon waxen and bloodied wings too close to the sun, and when my melting chrysalis of candle-like bone fails me, my essence shall be exposed. not as a monster, nor as some glassy-eyed nihilist, but rather as the innermost humanity i had laboriously worked for others to see. when the revolting ‘gods’ had laid their hands upon my fragile form, however, i knew i was mercilessly marked to be a ghastly reminder of their power for the rest of my days. if i knew that to live meant to live in the mindless terror like a lurching salmon contained within a rusty cage, awaiting the crack of gunpowder, then i would have chosen to never have existed at all. i know i live for the day that my retchful existence is halted as quickly as the swatting of some parasite out of the air, and i do not fear how their forms of withering unrest will seize me.
if my mournful life is the only thing i have left to lose then i encourage these beasts of yore to do their best against me. i am a man without fear, and as such i am a man without meaning or purpose in these wretched realms of things in which language is unable to encapsulate.

these writings may be dismissed as the ramblings of a madman, or they may be lost to the patient decay of time. neither of those aforementioned particularly bothers me. if by some chance you stumble upon this very workbook in which my frantic observations and inclinations are documented, i implore you to burn it. maybe then the ashes that fly from the leather-bound casing will be able to represent that of my family and the cremation i had promised them while we were still together. alas, the past is in the past.

- atwood

token worth: 10 (1028 words)
previous responses: n/a
jack or EJ
he/it 🇲🇾
eyedrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:52 am

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: "Describe their ideal world."
      Prompt Response:
          Insomnia lay on his back, feeling the cold of the tile seeping into his spine. He watched the matte ceiling with flagrant disinterest, his purple eyes unfocused on the tangible world around him. He exhaled a heavy sigh. How had things ended up this way? This was so far divorced from the plan, so far removed from how Insomnia had dreamed his life would go, that one wouldn't have been able to make the logical connection between the two if it wasn't overtly specified. Insomnia closed their heavy eyes and imagined how things were supposed to have been, in the alternate reality where things worked out instead of constantly, relentlessly veering off course.

He'd had a childhood friend growing up. One Reverie Luminescence. Their upbringing was an odd one, but not so atypical that it raised alarms. Both their families were influential, wealthy political types who simply didn't have time for child rearing. So, they met at the boarding school their guardians had sent them to. It was sheer coincidence, but one of the rare happy ones in Insomnia's life. At the time they met, Reverie was occupying a room in the girl's sector of the split gender school. They were supposed to be separate at night, but were allowed to comingle during the day. Reverie had always seemed lonely and dissatisfied, at least to Insomnia. She was shy and often kept to herself, toting around an oversized gray plush toy affectionately named Puppet. She was... decidedly not as socially inclined as either of her parents, but Insomnia took to her anyway. It irritated him, seeing other kids give her trouble for her odd behaviors and her loner nature. Whenever Reverie was in trouble, it was Insomnia who came to her rescue, always sweeping in to defend her from whatever scolding or criticisms were coming her way.

They spent lots of long days together, just talking and enjoying one another's company. Reverie had needed a friend then more than ever, because with each passing day, she was more and more certain that she did not feel like a woman at all. Reverie was uncomfortable with her situation, and she wanted desperately to change it. Insomnia stayed with her through this realization and did all he could to help her. Through a series of tense conversations and unpleasant confrontations, Reverie was moved to the boy's dorms and lived with Insomnia as his roommate. Reverie was acknowledged by the boarding school as male, and things progressed a little more smoothly. Reverie became more outgoing, more confident and overall... happier. Insomnia was glad to see his friend flourishing.

Everything was going well. And it was supposed to continue going well... in his re-imagining of his life, Insomnia chose to flesh out his dream.

In the dream reality where things worked out, Reverie and Insomnia would've graduated boarding school together. They would've never lost touch, nor been torn apart by the other cruelties of the world. There would've been nothing keeping them apart as friends. No plots or betrayals, no grand organizations wedging themselves in. Nothing grand, nothing fantastic. In fact, their lives would've been exceptionally normal, if Insomnia had any say in the matter. One thing he had learned from his continued existence was that grandiosity brought with it an endless abundance of problems and danger. Normalcy was much more secure in that regard.

They would've gone to the same college, continuing their streak as roommates. Insomnia imagined that Reverie would've majored in politics, and he figured he would've picked the same. They probably would've been double majors in politics and philosophy-- perhaps politics and economics. Insomnia imagined they would've spent many late nights studying, sharing notes, complaining about mundane concerns like deadlines and unsavory professors. They would've sat up chatting like they always did, but this time in a dark dorm room, studying by lamplight. They would've had almost all the same courses, and they would've met all sorts of fun new people. Maybe they would've found themselves partners, gone on fun dates to their favorite coffee shops. They would've stolen each other's clothes, would've drawn in each other's note books, would've continued to be best friends up until their graduation, where they would no doubt appear in photographs together tossing their caps and cheering at the triumph.

They would've moved on from there to live rich lives with promising political careers, but nothing too crazy. Reverie would've never become the president, instead they would be supporting roles to the main office and happier for it. The danger Reverie had put himself in by becoming the President... Insomnia wished him out of it in his dream. They would've been cabinet members, perhaps, or representatives in the senate or the house. They would've lived in the same city, and even as life became more and more complicated, they wouldn't have lost touch. Insomnia imagined they still would've gone for coffee sometimes, they still would've texted each other silly quips and random photographs of anything that humored them, they still would've remembered one another fondly. They would live their lives separately, like two stars orbiting one another, drifting away but always coming back into touch with one another.

And from there, well...

Of course, they would have settled down with their college sweethearts, moved into nice houses, grown old and happy. They would've sent mail in the form of eccentric post cards, they would've met people who enriched their lives, and they would have been okay. Insomnia couldn't imagine who their ideal partner would be, but-- they'd have met them. They'd live in a nice, two-story house with a balcony and a modest garden. He'd own a lovely black stallion and have taken up horseback riding.

His ideal life would not be perfect, nor would it be stunning. It would be picturesque, but modest. Unassuming. All Insomnia had wanted from life was a normal existence populated with small luxuries and good friendships. All he had wanted was for life to proceed in a logical fashion where he and Reverie had been friends. But unfortunately, in reality, things had not played out that way. That's why this reality exists only in Insomnia's ideals.

He exhaled another thoughtful sigh into the cool room as he remembered his reality. Insomnia's body felt heavy. Hopefully, it wasn't still too late to change things... Maybe some parts of that ideal could still be saved, some parts of that dream world brought into the dreary reality that he lived today. He kept that thought close to his heart as he resolved mutely not to give up all hope just yet.

Token Worth: 1,100 words -- 10 tokens
      Previous Responses:
      Who are their most trusted friends?
      Are they an early bird or a night owl?

If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
      What is their favorite accessory?
      What was their childhood bedroom like?
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:19 am

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: "What is their world's creation story?"
      Prompt Response:
          Well, it's impossible to think about a world before time existed, however I am going to do so anyway. It's a logical paradox, you see, because the word "before" in itself suggests the concept of time. To think of anything starting to exist, it simply must be temporally bound, and yet there was a time before time, a thing existing bound to temporal space before temporal space existed. That, in itself, is an awful puzzle, but let us for now cast aside logistical concerns and paradoxes. Let us allow ourselves to believe that time, at one time, did not exist, and yet it still began to exist and will one day logically cease to exist. In that timeless space beyond time, before creation, before anything, there was a vast inky blackness that encompassed all that was. This complete and all-encompassing void was everything that reality had to offer, and floating in its vastness, was a lonely God.

They did not know if there were others like Him. They hadn't the faintest idea. They'd been floating in that void for such a hopelessly long while in a stagnant moment that never progressed. Here, you may notice, is the lack of time in the relevant sense. Time only exists in the relevant sense when things are changing, when things progress and move. Before there was time, there was only a fixed moment, and that fixed moment was this lonely God floating in the empty void.

And yet, impossibly, that static moment erupted, it sparked and burst and somehow entered a state of flux from a moment of nothingness. There was no moving part to strike it to set it in motion, nor any movement already happening to continue. Ignoring the laws of physics and motion, however, the lonely God created time.

The story goes that the lonely God was very, very lonely. That one day that loneliness became so much that He could no longer bear it, and so He created the world to keep Him company. First, He carefully sculpted the stars, little light fixtures to decorate His empty space. He found Himself quite enamored with the little yellow lights that He hung in the sky, so He made them in all sorts of colors-- white, blue and red, some orange and other curious hues. Soon, the God had a sky heavy with stars. He arranged them in charming little shapes, hypothesizing the other things He would make. He imagined structures, creatures of all shapes and sizes. Some constellations were formed in the shapes of bears, dragons, archers... all creatures that existed for now only in whimsy and not in reality, all beings sculpted in the mind of their God, but not yet by His hands.

The next thing He did was sculpt the planets. He took great balls of colored gas and spun them together into giant orbs of magnificent light. He created dense cores of hot metals and liquids, and hung around these gaseous masses vast rings of floating rock and ice to crown them as the gems they were. He also made planets of rock, dirt and ice, which He made smaller than their gaseous counterparts, and He arranged these stellar bodies around His favorite star-- the sun. He placed each item carefully in the sky, plucking them up with His delicate claws and setting them wherever most pleased Him.

Soon enough, He had a full solar system, in fact, He had a full universe full of solar systems. Yet, all were unpopulated with life, and all were still unknown. There was no company for the God to keep. He had spent this long building an elaborate home for His creations, so that they might live comfortably and explore the vastness of the gift their God had given them. Now, He turned His attention to the creatures He had conceptualized in the stars. He took his sculptor's clay and formed it in His hands, creating bodies, limbs, heads and eyes-- sculpting miniatures of the beasts we now see roaming the world today. He held them as if they were figurines, delicately moving and shaping them to His liking, before He breathed on them a little gust of life, and the clay turned at once to flesh and blood, the creatures skipping into the sky from His outstretched hand, dancing in the stars, admiring their new bodies in the weightless space. The lonely God acquainted these many creatures with the planets that would be their homes and got them settled in, and yet... something was still missing. He made gravity to bind them to their living places, so that there would not be utter chaos, and invented all sorts of other laws of physics and the like to contribute to the same end. Now that reality was structured, tangible and full of life... the God was confused to find that He still felt alone.

All around him were orbs, levitating in space, populated densely by life-- plants, animals and people-- and yet even surrounded by all of this, the lonely God could not take solace in the company He had. He admired His creations from afar, but never felt as though He was necessarily one of them. The problem remained that the lonely God lacked the company of a peer-- but in all the time He had been sculpting His world, in all the time He had been conceptualizing-- not one other deity appeared. There were none-- not in the entire vast sky.

The lonely God was dissatisfied with this, and so He turned to His creations. He made some among them deities-- so that He might have more company. Surely, they were not as powerful as He was, but they held authority over their little worlds-- they had the power of magic, of transformation, of creation such that they could govern in the same way their Maker had for them, so that they might understand the loneliness inherent to being a God. These smaller deities proved good company to the God, and over time, He slowly found himself less distressed by His situation... Over time, He found himself less isolated. The more He came to see them, the less faraway He felt, and so the lonely God slowly moved out of the vast, void of space and into the world He had made, the dark space now populated with light, the emptiness now full of infinite worlds containing infinite stories.

Despite this, rumor has it that the lonely God still takes day trips to the worlds He's made, disguised as a human being or some other handsome creature, so that He can feel the warmth of the company He constructed so long ago as a cure to his loneliness.

And so, the story goes. The world was created from nothingness for the sake of remedying loneliness. That, Insomnia thinks, is why companionship is a gift that should not be taken for granted. It's something even their God wanted so badly that He would create a whole wide world... so surely, we creations of His must appreciate the friends we have, and do all we can to keep them.

Token Worth: 1,190 words -- 10 tokens
      Previous Responses:
      Who are their most trusted friends?
      Are they an early bird or a night owl?

If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
      What is their favorite accessory?
      What was their childhood bedroom like?
      Describe their ideal world.
Last edited by rem sleep on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 am

Username + ID#: SunnyStreets + 823430
    Kalon Link: Iris
    Chosen Prompt: [ Relationships ] 'Do they want kids?'
    Prompt Response:
    She definitely wants some but is planning to wait for a bit.

Token Worth: 14
    fullbody - 4 tokens
    colour - 3 tokens
    shading - 2 tokens
    multiple character - 5 tokens (quartz

Previous Responses: one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:12 am

Username + ID#: SunnyStreets + 823430
    Kalon Link: Iris
    Chosen Prompt: [ Preferences ] 'If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?'
    Prompt Response:
    Green!

Token Worth: 9
    fullbody - 4 tokens
    colour - 3 tokens
    shading - 2 tokens

Previous Responses: one two three four five six seven eight nine ten 11
Last edited by SunnyStreets on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ggez » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:39 am

Username + ID#: dark ranger 1006551
Kalon Link: Venusaur
Chosen Prompt: "They found a lost child crying, what do they do?"
Prompt Response: If Venusaur found a lost child crying, then he would approach them. He isn't very fond of children because they always poke and prod at him (due to his Pokemon cosplay), but he wouldn't leave said child to be left alone. If they're lost and crying, then he would want to help them; to ensure that no one here gets kidnapped or worse.
If his phone happened to be charged, then he would likely call the nonemergency help phone number. Then, Venusaur would likely report that there was a young child alone, and crying. While still on the line, he would continue on to ask the child what their first and last name are. He would go on to ask them where their parents are.
If the child said that they didn't know where their parents are, then Venusaur would being to help them find their parents. If they never ended up finding them, then Venusaur would take the child to the local police station. If they did end up finding the child's parents, then Venusaur would scold the parents about carelessly leaving/abandoning their child in a random place; then remind the child about 911.
Now, if the crying, alone child is out in a random place with no society for miles whatsoever, Venusaur would take this as a sign of danger. A trap. In this case, he would likely call 911, but not immediately go for the child himself. Venusaur isn't exactly a hero... but in this case, it's obvious that calling 911 is more heroic than trying to save the child themself.
Token Worth: 2 tokens, 265 words
Previous Responses: Do they have any pets? | What's their favorite accessory? | "Do they want kids?"
ggez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:53 am

Username + ID#: Jack Walten 186503
Kalon Link: Richter
Chosen Prompt: How do they feel about their family?
Prompt Response:
I might have gotten a little carried away wrote:“I don’t know my family, bud. Dunno what to tell you.”
“Woah, okay.” Henrik cleared his throat, shuffling awkwardly behind the counter. “First, that’s dark. Second, are you like…” He gave a wave of his hand, glancing over his shoulder for a moment to check the door. “Are you gonna pay to play while you’re here? I don’t know if Winstin will be happy about you loitering for free.”
Under his breath Richter could hear “and I’m pretty sure he’s already annoyed with how much you’re loitering anyways”, but she didn’t comment on it. “Well, I mean. I guess?”
She shuffled one hand into the pocket on her letterman, setting her aspirin on the counter for a moment. “Okay, here-” Fishing her wallet out, she tugged 20$ from it and slid it onto the counter. “Now I’m paying to hang out by the counter, and Winstin can’t do anything about it.”
The man across the counter adjusted his glasses for a brief moment as he put the money into the till, and Richter put her things back into her pocket.
“Okay, fine. Your fault if he does get on my ass for it, though.” Henrik tapped the counter with one hand for a moment. “You sure you don’t remember your family, dude?”
“I’m pretty sure I know what I can’t remember, bud.” She paused to lean over, elbow resting on the counter. “I’ve tried to look at my family records though. Did’ya know that some places have records going back like.. God, it’s probably aeons.”
“Most places probably do, Richter.”
“Shut up,” she cleared her throat, “ANYWAYS, I do have family, I’ve just..” Her tone shifted as she trailed off, feeling the bite in the back of her head. “Well, I don’t know if I’ve ever met them??”
Her attention shifted as she heard the door open, and Henrik broke from the conversation to do the usual welcome shpiel to new arcade visitors. After the commotion died down, Henrik turned back to her. “How do you just forget knowing them, though?”
“For one, something is wrong with my brain,” she paused, “but for two, there’s probably a reason for it. At least I hope, anyways.”
“Ah, right. Sorry.” he cleared his throat again.
“But I mean.. There’s GOTTA be a reason why this is something I just… don’t remember, like, at all.” Richter smacked her hand on the counter, and Henrik flinched briefly. “Whether its something in my brain, or something else entirely, there’s probably no way that I just forgot them for no reason.”
“Probably. Maybe you should check with the folks at the registry, they might know more than I do.” Henrik glanced to the door again, seeing if someone else was coming in from the back. “I should probably focus more on work before Winstin finds out.”
“Alright. I’ll be back at some point in the near future, as you probably know.”
“You really should find somewhere else to hang out, dude.”
“You can’t tell me what to do!” Richter gave a wave of her hand as she made her way to the front door, looking over her shoulder. “Bye, dweeb!”
“I’m not--”
The door shut as she slipped out, cutting off his sentence as she began her trek along the downtown streets. He was right, she figured - the registry folks would probably know more about any leads that would lead her to her family. Even if they wouldn’t have their location, they’d at least have something.. Right?

The door of the registry rang, and Richter let out a small sigh. Certainly they wouldn’t mind her coming back around again.
“Ah, hi.” She waved as she approached the counter. “I was wondering if you possibly had like..” Her voice trailed off for a moment as the gears turned. “Location information? Where folks lived.”
The clerk at the counter blinked as she approached. “Oh, I suppose that’s something we could do.. Can I get your name?”
“Richter Sophie Cantor.” she replied, sticking her hands nervously in her jacket pockets.
“Give me one moment..” The clerk typed something into their computer, pulling over a notepad and a pen as the screen loaded. Richter felt antsy - would they even have anything?
After a moment the clerk wrote something down quickly on the notepad, scrolling a bit before writing something else. Once they were certain they had everything, they nodded and tore the sheet from the notepad, holding it over to Richter. “This is the best we can do.”

On the sheet of paper she received from the clerk had two things on it: a name, and an email address.
She’d seen the name before, when she went to the registry the first time, although this was the first time it felt tangible to her. Part of her was hoping she’d receive a physical address, but at least what she received was better than nothing.
She pulled out her phone, seeing the missed texts and calls, musing for a brief moment about taking it off of silent, before she swiped into it to get to business.
Her hands shook a little bit as she typed, taking a breath.

‘Hello,

Is this Vincent Cantor?

Sincerely,
Richter’

She looked away from her screen as she hit send, almost wanting to change her mind and undo it. It was too late, though, and she knew there was no taking it back. She quickly moved to her texts, finally responding to texts from her friends. She was in the middle of typing when a notification came down from the top of the screen, and her heart felt like it would explode.

‘Hello,

Yes, this is Vincent. May I ask who this is?

Yours,
Vincent’

Her hands moved quickly.

‘Hello,

I’m Richter Sophie Cantor. I was told by the registry that you were my father. I wanted to meet you as I’ve had trouble remembering my family.

Sincerely,
Richter’

She took a breath, messaging Sweetpea for a moment. Was this going to happen?
Her phone vibrated again, with another email from Vincent.
Contained within it was one instruction - and an address.
She swallowed, looking at the address. This was it.

‘See you soon.’ was all she wrote.

Having gotten the day off, Richter had packed her small backpack and hitched a ride to the address Vincent had given her in his email. She was surprised that her ride pulled up at a relatively quaint house, and she noticed a car in the driveway. Thanking the driver, she got out of the car, waving as she made her way to the front door of the house. Shaking herself out, she lifted one hand and gave a firm knock.
Time seemed to slow to a crawl as she waited at the front door, feeling her heart lurch as she heard the door creak open, and a woman peeked her head out.
“Hello--” The woman seemed to pause for a moment, and Richter felt awkward. “Vincent, can you come here for a moment?”
Another figure came to the door, a taller man with dark hair. Richter gave a small wave.
“H-Hello, it’s Richter. From the emails.”
The woman’s eyes seemed to widen for a moment before she moved back into the house, and Vincent motioned for her to come into the house. Richter hesitated before she followed him, and he closed the door behind her. She walked into the living room of the house, nervously taking a seat on the couch. Vincent walked over to the other woman, whispering something she couldn’t hear. After a moment the two of them came over to the couch, with Vincent putting a hand on her shoulder. The woman was holding a book in her arms, her expression unreadable.
“It’s been so long.” Vincent mumbled, looking toward his wife. “Lily and I, we’ve..”
Lily seemed to clear her throat, sitting down and opening the book she was holding. Richter could tell it was a photo album, brimming with photos. And from the corner of her eye, she could see pictures of herself.
“Y-You just.. One day, you just..” Lily took a second to regain her composure. “We’ve been looking for you.”
She flipped to a picture with five figures - Lily & Vincent, herself, and two others she didn’t recognize. “W..What?”
“Richter, do you remember when you started having memory trouble?” Vincent asked.
“Around three years ago, I think. I could’ve sworn that..” She cut off, giving a somewhat frustrated noise. Could she have? “From my perspective, I grew up by myself. That’s what I remember.”
Vincent gave Lily a concerned look, hesitating for a moment. “Richter, you lived with us until you were fifteen.”
Richter paused. This man wouldn’t have any reason to lie, would he? If he was lying, why would the registry have his information as her father - they certainly wouldn’t be in on the trick, would they..?
Her train of thought was cut off as Lily could barely stifle a sniffle, and suddenly she felt her arms hook around her. Everything in her brain seemed to scramble as she paused before moving to hug Lily back. “Y-You can’t believe how glad we are to find out you’re safe.”
Richter could feel herself beginning to tear up, resting her face against Lily’s shoulder. Vincent moved to join the hug, and she could no longer contain herself.
“Getting that email was something we’d been looking for for as long as we could remember.” He said softly, rubbing her back.
Richter stifled a sniffle, not moving from the hug. “S-Sorry.. I didn’t know I disappeared.”

She spent the rest of the afternoon with them, with the two of them helping her figure out what had been scrambled in her brain. She had younger siblings - she was the oldest of three kids, with her two younger siblings being twins. Aster & Holly were their names, and Vincent explained to her that they were away for the week. Before she took her leave to head back to her apartment, she took Vincent & Lily’s phone numbers with her.
As she was waiting for her ride to pick her up, she felt her phone going off, and on the other line was Sweetpea.
“Hey, where are you??” She heard through the speaker. “I’ve been trying to reach you for like two hours!”
“Oh, sorry.” Richter replied, stifling another sniffle. “I was busy.”
“Dude, are you okay?”
“Oh, yeah.” She gave a small laugh. “If learning part of your memory is just wrong is okay.”
“You’re going to have to explain, Soph.”
“You know I don’t like being middle-named.” Richter cleared her throat. “But I found them.”
“Them?”
“My parents.” a pause. “I apparently went missing like.. Eight years ago.”
“That’s weird.” Sweetpea replied. “What were they like?”
“That’s a weird way to ask that, Pea.” Richter replied. “But they were nice.. I want to visit them again, I think.”

She really did like them. Part of her was grateful she’d figured out a part of her past that she couldn’t remember.
She was grateful to find them again, for part of her to be whole after years of being blank.
Although a different part of her was concerned - if this was false, what else in her memory was wrong?

Token Worth: 10 tokens - 1000+ words (1,871)
Previous Responses:
BAROLD: 1 & 2
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:51 am

Username + ID#: Jack Walten
Kalon Link: Richter
Chosen Prompt: What was their favorite childhood toy?
Prompt Response:
It never stopped being her favorite, that old bunny plush.
Token Worth: Fullbody (+4) + color (+3) + background (+5) + animation (+5) = 17 tokens
Previous Responses:
BAROLD: 1 & 2
RICHTER: 1
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me