Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Puppy in the window editable Updated 9/23/11! by Berkshire

Based on Click to view
Artist Berkshire [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
135 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Puppy in the window editable Updated 9/23/11!

Postby Berkshire » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm

UPDATE! New stuff! YAY! Alright everyone, go on and look into this pup for loads more cool stuff. I have now added fluffy ears and tail - to look like spaniels. I also finished the angel wings (colored and shaded) and added *dudundun* DRAGON WINGS! After drawing them, it made me regret that this is a puppy instead of a dragon. Oh well, have fun!

Due to popular demand, I have made an editable from one of my sketches.
I want suggestions of stuff to add to this editable, please give 'em! Mark 'em in Underlined So I see them fast.
I can do customs for you, just PM me – I’d be glad to color in for you.

RULES

SAVE OFTEN! Huge file.

Post ONLY in colored in, and maybe created pets . – sorry no contests or adoptables. You can color something for others to adopt, but NO creating a new base.

See that signature? Keep it visible on the final color-in.
Go ahead and move it around though. Do I really have to make this so blaring? So many people seem to be "Forgetting" this one!"

If you ever post this image on another forum, put this below it.
Code: Select all
[url= http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=593688]Lines[/url] By [url= http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/oekaki/gallery.php?user=169783]Berkshire[/url]

It will look like this:
Lines By Berkshire
It links back to this editable so that everyone can find and color easily. And it gives me credit for the lines.

Don’t use or post off site without asking me first.

Don't be afraid to make line edits. Add two more heads, add wings, wigs, whatever! Keep it recognizable, but do have fun.

Color your characters, your favorite pets, color randomly, color for friends, have fun!

It's got floppy ears, a long tail, a curly tail, and a bobtail! all with lines, colors, and shading!
Remember to save often.

How to:
COLOR

Click on the layers that say things like “Color”, Long tail color” “Hair tuft color” or other color layer. Check the Lock-Alpha box, and drag your brush all over, the color will stay inside the lines!

ADD THE EXTRA FEATURES
Tails

The original pup does not have a tail firmly attached. Down near the bottom of the layer panel you will find the long tail and the bobtail layers. Above the layers called simply “Color”, “Shading”, & “Lines” (All these are part of the base pup) you will find the curly tail layers. Choose what tail you want, and activate ALL THREE layers (color, shading, and lines) of that tail. Make sure to make the others invisible. Color the color layers with Lock-Alpha.

Hair Tuft
Use this same method as the tail layers. Remember – activate all three layers

Ears
The original pup base HAS ears already, so you will need to work a bit to get the other ears. First choose the ears you want. If you want the original up-ears, that’s fine, leave the other ear layers alone – perhaps delete them to save memory. If you want either the flop ears (Think Labrador dog) or pat flop ears (Think border collie, or Australian shepherd dog) You will find the base ears will show up. There are two ways to get rid of them.
(1) Erase the ear sections on the original base (lines, color, & shading – ALL THREE LAYERS!) until you can’t see them sticking out from behind the desired ears. It helps if you have the desired ears visible while you erase the base.
(2) If that doesn’t sound like a piece of cake, just do this: Use one of the given backgrounds (Stupid background – shown, or gloomy background), and find its counterpart cover layer (Stupid BK cover or Gloomy BK cover) and enable the one corresponding with the background you chose. Then enable the three layers of the ears you want. Color them using Lock-alpha on the color layer.

Other
The layer called “Select-&-drag and preview” is at the top of the layers panel. This layer shows stuff that you can use, different ears and tails. Those don't really matter, and can be removed. What matters are the claws, collar, and mouths. If you want the mouths (Also tears) select and drag the mouths onto the proper place. Or cut and paste them – that creates a new layer. Erase whatever you don't want - or delete the layer. DON’T FORGET – You must erase the mouth from the original layer “Lines”, you don’t want your pup to have two mouths!
To color the collar and claws, you must make a new layer below them, and color behind. I’m sorry I didn’t provide that already, but I want to save memory.

Possible Problem
After loading: shading won't show up, layers get deleted automaticly, brushes only make transparent strokes, or other malfunctions.

It sounds like your computer can't handle all the layers. I have that problem a lot - that's why I can't deck out this editable with harnesses and scarves yet - too many layers. I have decided to focus more on body parts.

If you have decided what you want your color-in to look like, you can get rid of the rest. For example - You may want to give your pup pointed ears, "Bobtail", "Gloomy background" and "Cage". Decide what you want to show up on the final picture, and delete EVERYTHING else. If it was like the above listed example, you would delete all the ear layers (Flopear and part flopear color shading and lines) all the other tail layers (Curly tail and long tail color shading and lines) all the extra backgrounds (stupid background, and any ear cover-ups your not using) And all the wall types you won't use (glass, glass bar, and full cage) And anything else you won't use on the final (click-and-drag-and-preview, gemlike eye) save it, and then come back. Hopefully that solves it.

Check out my other editables!
Single Ferret ----------------------------- And Ferret Family! ------------------- And an all-new Rat Creator!
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Berkshire on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 am, edited 12 times in total.

Splat

Splat

Splat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Puppy in the window editable

Postby Arkas » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm

What else are you going to add? I <3 it just the way it is Lol
Arkas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Berkshire » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Autumn =3 wrote:What else are you going to add? I <3 it just the way it is Lol

It's got floppy ears, a long tail, a curly tail, and a bobtail! all with lines, colors, and shading!
I'll be adding half flopped ears, and one-flopped-one-not ears, and maybe Chibi-wings, and different mounths. But I was excited to get it published now.

Splat

Splat

Splat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkas » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Oh didnt think about that Lol Im excited too i wanna colour it XD (Darn your siggy had me hittin my screen)
Arkas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady of Light » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Yay!
Please click these eggs/babies! ♥↓

Image Image
Lady of Light

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:09 am

Could you do a wolf or a horse
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlutterDash » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 am

YAY! It is now an editable!!!!! :D
I am having an auction for my August PPS Lion!!! Please click for more details

Image Image Image
FlutterDash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf's Spirit » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 am

It is soooo adorable! I will color soon!
Wolf's Spirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 am

This... Is... AWSOME! :D
Do not send me any trades, do not talk to me, I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING ON CS AT THE MOMENT. I'M ON SERIOUS HIATUS!
Black Mamba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby compulsive » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 am

This is adorable!
'CAUSE LATE AT NIGHT