Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Two Kings by polaris ❦

Artist polaris ❦ [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Two Kings

Postby polaris ❦ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm

these are my kids from a long time ago, that i first designed on my phone, but decided to reboot them here

here's a short drabble of their story (written by the great Honeycreeper66 :3 )

♢ brothers
♢ both from royal family -- to be kings
♢ no mother at a young age
♢ Rubin is first in line, Baki is second in line
♢ Rubin got more attention, Baki got spiteful
♢ big fight
♢ scar came from Baki’s jealousy
♢ Rubin is more regal, Baki is an overachiever, and hurts himself in the process most times -- mentally and physically
♢ Father is disappointed in Baki
♢ Rubin wants to talk,, Rubin wants his brother to open up -- doesn’t understand what he's doing wrong -- says something wrong -- Baki takes offense to it -- Baki snaps
♢ Rubin is clueless, but doesn’t really understand. Laughs at him

-----------------------------------------

Setting: an old overgrown castle, the cats have taken over this place and made it theirs

Baki padded down the mossy hallway determinedly, his dull eyes pointed forward. Sounds ricocheted around him - crumbling rocks, hissing cats, growling predators surrounded him. He hated it. He hated the way the air was always humid, the way that the castle they have lived in for generations was always crumbling, and he loathed how nobody paid him any respect; always looking away from him and looking up to Rubin – Baki shook that thought away almost as fast as it arrived, he did not want to start something that he couldn’t finish.
As he tuned a corner, shuffling could be heard from behind him. Baki turned, a snarl on his face, “Who goes th-“ he cut himself off, seeing his brother practically prance towards him. “-ere. What do you want brother?” He sneered.

Rubin trotted up to him, before looking down with a serious look in his eye, “Brother, I – we need to talk.” He stated.

Baki growled lowly, “Sure, talk, Whatever would you want with me now of all times?” he questioned hotly.

Rubin sighed, “You’re always so down it’s getting annoying! Why don’t you just play around for a while?” he leaned forward into Baki’s space with a cheeky smile on his face.

Baki leaned back, a scowl slowly forming, “Maybe if somone knew how hard some duties could be, you wouln’t be bothering me right now.” He snapped turning to walk away.

Rubin leaned back with a frown, “Hey!” he exclaimed. Rubin shot in front of Baki, stopping him from leaving, “You can’t be a downer all the time, you’re acting like one of those medicine cats mom used to talk about!”

Baki started, standing straighter than before, looking up into Rubin’s eyes. He looked shocked at his own words, as if they were foreign to him. “Wait,, wait I didn’t mean it like that, mom was a great medicine cat,” he stammered out.

Baki growled, his eyes flashing. “What do you mean one of those medicine cats? Do you mean one of the ones that actually help their clans, or one of the ones that I tried to become!” he demanded. Baki was stalked forward, his claws digging into the same, stupid, crumbling gravel beneath his paws. Rubin stumbled backwards, trying to put some space between himself and his brother.

“Because we all know how well that worked!” Baki snarled in his face.

“No, no I didn’t mean it like that, please” Rubin tried to plead. Baki snarled, hurt and angry, “No? What do you mean no! What did you mean to say then!” he shouted out. Baki had stalked closer, any feelings somewhat representing inhibition long gone - he only felt red hot anger, boiling under his fur.

“Okay, okay, take a breather Baki,” Rubin tried to calm his brother, but to no avail. Baki was infuriated, and pounced forward.

They collided, and stumbled to the ground. Rubin growled as he was pinned, but was pushed down. He pushed against Baki, snapping up at him, but Baki was faster – he swung his paw right into his face, claws unsheathed. Rubin cried out, eyes closed, straining to get away, but Baki swung once more and scarred him across his face once more. He leaned in to do more damage, but was thrown off by another. He flew across the room, before hitting into a pillar.

Black spots flew into his vision. Baki let out a pained groan and looked up. The king had noticed their little quarrel and his guards were there to break them up.

*Mods: if the writing is too long, let me know, and i'll remove it :)
Last edited by polaris ❦ on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
my boo <3

My main sona and my son <33 art- quailsoup on DA

artfight[/i]
polaris ❦

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Two Kings