The Portal~A Greek Gods and Mythical Creature RP

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

The Portal~A Greek Gods and Mythical Creature RP

Postby Nopers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:02 am

Plot

Dragons, griffins, unicorns...mythical creatures right? Just legends and stories made up by the adults to entertain the children. The same things have been thought about the great olympian gods that the greeks once worshiped. Well not anymore.

Long ago these creatures really walked the earth, created by the gods as gifts to the people they ruled over. Athena, goddess of war, made the pheonix, a beautiful bird to rule and govern the powers of fire. Poseidon, god of the sea, made the griffin to keep the people truthful, for all people know that one can not lie in the presence of a griffin. Artemis, goddess of the hunt, made horses and unicorns to aid the humans with their hunts. Zeus, god of the sky, made the dragon to be the ruler of the skies and to remind the humans not to underestimate the god's power. There were many more gods and godesses that created creatures as gifts to their worshiping humans as well. But there was one god who was nearly never prayed to and when he was it was to ask him to spare their lives...Hades, god of the underworld. He soon grew tired of the joy that the other god's gifts gave the humans so he decided that he would give a few gifts of his own to the ungrateful fools who so often ignored him. Rising from the depths of his underworld, he created the falis, creatures as large as dragons with the body of a turantula, the deadly tail of the scorpion, and the wings of bat. The very sight of them was enough to send most people into a faint but the scariest part of them was their 12 eyes. If one was forced to look into their eyes for more than ten seconds at a time the souls within them would be lost forever to the underwolf of hades. Hades released hordes and hordes of these creatures into the world to feast on the humans, their only prey. The other gods, too caught up in the things that gods do, did not realize that the humans were suffering until many wars had been waged and the human race was practically extinct. Seeing their mistake, they created a portal to the realms of the gods and forced all the creatures they created to enter it and live there from now on. The creatures, who had been bound even closer to the humans now through all their struggles against the falis, begged to stay but the gods would not allow it and locked them all inside their realms. The falis were all destroyed except for a choice few which hades snuck back to the underworld, just in case.

Many centuries have passed since then though and now the gifts that the gods took back have all but been forgotten...until now. The humans may have forgotten them but the mythical beasts sure hadn't forgotten the humans. In their banishment to the realms of the gods they had grown unhappy and bitter in their sarrow, becomming angrier and angrier at the gods for separating them from their human companions as time went on. Finally unable to control them, the gods made a deal with the creatures. They would open the portal again, but only the humans that the gods themselves picked would be able to see them. Desperate for a way out, the beasts agreed...and the portal was opened.

Deep in the underworld the latch to a massive cage was finally unlocked by a withered, smoke wreathed hand. "Awaken my children. Your time has come again." a sickly smooth voice commanded. Twelve red eyes snapped open and the bloodthirsty hiss that came from within could be heard even by those in the world above.

Overview

Ok so the characters we play will be teens no younger than 16, at least in high school. They will have a choice god that will come to them and give them the ability to see the mythical animals. But if they want this ability then they must tie themselves to this god or godess and promise to pray to and worship them. Don't ask me why, its a secret twist that comes later :twisted: . You can pick which god or godess you want that to be. They are only allowed to have two mythical animal companions that they forge a special bond with and once they have forged this bond they can hear eachother's thoughts. Also once they form this bond, when the human is touching their beast they can choose not to be seen by other humans as well. But beasts that they have not formed the bond with will not have that option. For example if the human is riding a dragon's back that they have not bonded to it will look like they are floating in midair to other (not one of the chosen) humans. You can have the beasts you choose be any species you like. The gods made them all apparently so don't be afraid to make your own creatures up if you wish. Try not to make it too elaborate though please. Just make sure you have a really good description for them. Romance between the humans is totally fine. I encourage it actually! But if you want to do romance between the beasts then please make sure that they at least are the same species. I don't want a pheonix falling in love with a dragon or something XD. Alright! If you have any questions please PM me!

Rules (please read them ALL)

1. All of Tess's Rules
2. No Powerplaying/ Godmodding
3. No killing/mating/permantley affecting another person's character without their permission
4. This is an advanced RP so please post at least five sentenses
5. Write Comet in blue on your characters form so I know you read the rules!
6. When your character is talking put it in "quotes"
7. When it's thinking please use italics
8. If you're out of character either say OOC: or use these: (([[{{}}]]))
9. No stealing other people's characters or playing them without their permission (That happened to me once)
10. Wait for me to accept you before you start RPing!
11. Ditch the commentary unless its important please
12. You may have as many characters as you want but you are expected to play all of them
13. If you dont post for five days your characters will be deleted. Of course there are exceptions.
14. If you are just joining and we are a ways into the RP then pleeeease just read the last couple of pages and slip in.
15. I don't do recaps. They bug me. I will give general overviews but I would appriciate it if you would read the stuff!

Sorry for all the rules and I do not mean to sound mean. I just like to make things clear.

Form

Name:
Crush/BF or GF:
Appearance:
Personality (actually write something):
History (optional):
Mythical Partners:
Mythical Partner's descriptions:
God or Godess you are tied to:
Other (optional):
Last edited by Nopers on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nopers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Portal~A Greek Gods and Mythical Creature RP

Postby Nopers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:03 am

Character List

Key - Male, Female
characters name/characters 1st beast (species)/characters 2nd beast (species)/god or godess they are tied to - User

Lyra/Comet (Dragon)/Wildfire (Pheonix)/Artemis - Comet
Storm/Scorch (Elemental Fire Wolf)/ Ripple (Elemental Water Wolf)/Pan - Comet
Cloud/Lucio (Elemental Light Wolf)/Keira (Elemental Darkness Wolf)/Pan - Alpha_Wolf_55555
Jersey/Seether (Unknown)/Desdemona (Pheonix)/Aether - Cyanea
Asma/Pegasus (Pegasus)/Artemis - Winterwolves
Zinc/Zanthross (Dragon)/Zanthoro (Dragon)/Zeus - Winterwolves
Kai/Firestorm (Pheonix)/Ryker (Dragon)/Zeus - Alpha_Wolf_55555
Amaya/Hero (Griffin)/Athena - Wolf_Fang_13
Luna/Railegh (Elemental Air Wolf)/Athena - Lunasong
Kayla/Drifa (Snow Dragon)/Day (Pheonix)/Artemis - Soccerlvr
Tara/Nefertari (Ligeress)/Thunder (Hippogryph)/Ares - wickedwolfgirl
Carina/Kasprian (Water Unicorn)/Poseidon - Mysticbreez
Last edited by Nopers on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
Nopers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Versa_Mythology » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:49 am

((Comet!

Name: Asma'
Crush/BF or GF: N/A
Appearance:
Personality (actually write something): Corrupted, smart/intellegent, sleek, sly, fierce, and very protective. She does not liked to be fooled with, and taked alot of this seriously.
History (optional): Born in a "normal" family, Asma' was a very sweet child...until she was to be corrupted by the goddess, Diana. She was a very disturbed child after the age of 15, always listening to inprpriate songs and never listening to her parent's orders.
Mythical Partners: Pegasus
Mythical Partner's descriptions: A large white epgasus with blue hair of various shades. He's big, and he's got amazing blue tinted wings.
God or Godess you are tied to: Diana
Other (optional):
Last edited by Versa_Mythology on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
VIRUS SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE ON FACEBOOK! It is a trojan worm called koobface. It will steal your info, invade your system and shut it down! DO NOT open the link Barack Obama Clinton Scandal! If SmartGirl15 requests you as a friend, don't accept it; it is a virus. If somebody on your list adds her, you get the virus too! Please copy and paste to your wall. Confirmed on MSNBC and SNOPES..please pass it on...

((It's true :( Look it up on the news!!!))
Versa_Mythology

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nopers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:09 am

((Awsome! Thanks for joining. Your pegasus's name is pegasus? lol alrighty. *caugh* rules *caugh* :D ))
Nopers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Portal~A Greek Gods and Mythical Creature RP (Private)

Postby Cyanea » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:09 am

Name: Jersey
Crush/BF or GF: Oooooopen!
Appearance:
Click!
Personality (actually write something): Jersey is usually quiet and sweet. She won't usually speak up if she doesn't like something unless it goes against her values. But once she gets to know someone, she's always eager to lighten the mood and make jokes. She finds it hard to stay mad at someone for too long and will never betray a friend. She's not easily frightened and every once in a while, Jersey will surprise everyone with a dramatic move or something out of the ordinary. She's sweet, sometimes feisty and overall, unpredictable.
History (optional): Get to know her and maybe she'll reveal part of her past...
Mythical Partners: Umm...I'm not sure exactly what to call it...something and a pheonix
-Seether (Seeth) (7ft tall, emits a strange, unearthly glow. he can also walk on four legs and travels much faster that way) Seether, although his appearance makes him come off as frightening and lethal, is actually very sweet. He's also got a slight sense of humor, which is unexpected. He's loyal and although he's very defensive and rigid at first, he opens up easily to anyone who earns his trust.

-Desdemona (Des) (small pheonix)

God or Godess you are tied to: Aether (god of light)
Other (optional): Comet this RP looks so incredibly awesome ^^
Last edited by Cyanea on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm considering taking a collab partner to help me color! If you're interested, please PM me with an example of your work. Thanks!

--- My oh my, looks like the boy's too shy. Ain't gonna kiss the girl. Ain't that sad, it's such a shame, too bad. You're gonna miss the girl. Go on and kiss the girl

ImageImageImageImage

Cyanea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nopers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:04 am

((Cyanea - Of course I will! Accepted!
Winterwolves - Alrighty! I will accept you when you have filled everything in.))

Name: Lyra
Crush/BF or GF: None yet/OPEN
Appearance: She has light brown hair with red streaks in it and has hazel colored eyes. She is about five ten, skinny, and likes to wear jeans and a sweatshirt usually. Try to get her in a dress and you can look forward to having dinner with hades.
Personality (actually write something): She can be quiet but does not hesitate to make herself heard. Once she gets an idea into her head theres no stopping her and she can be rather short-tempered at times. Being very stubborn, she is more the type to stand and fight than run from her problems. She has trust issues because of her traumatic past but if you do manage to earn her trust she will never leave you in a tight spot or fail to be there for you. She can be a really good friend but being an introvert just makes it hard to make friends to begin with. Another thing is that she is an expert at hiding her fears and feelings from others. Just another handy skill she learned in the hell hole orphanage she grew up in. Despite all this though, she does have a sweet and careing side and she does her best to not hinder those around her.
History (optional): Her teen mom decided she didn't want to deal with her so she dumped her in an orphanage when she was a newborn. She dosen't really mind it so much because it is all she has ever known but (though she would never admit it) she is rather lonely and wishes that it was easier to make friends. She makes up for her lack of friends with reading though and is very introverted. She cant wait till she is 18 and can take off. Only one more year of high school!
Mythical Partners: Comet (european dragon), and Wildfire (pheonix)
Mythical Partner's descriptions: Comet looks exactly like the dragon in my avatar and Wildfire looks like this.
Wildfire.jpg
Wildfire.jpg (305.64 KiB) Viewed 363 times

God or Godess you are tied to: Artemis (Godess of the hunt and of the moon)
Last edited by Nopers on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nopers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZephyrWolf » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 am

((Nice rp Comet! Can't wait to start! Just one character for now though))

Name: Kai
Crush/BF or GF: Lyra?
Appearance: Image
Personality: Kai is outgoing and free-spirited. He is usually the one to take charge of a situation and he isn't afraid of very much. He is good at thinking on his feet and is quite witty.
History: Kai lived with his parents from birth until a few months ago when he turned 18. He now lives in an apartment far from his parents, whom he doesn't like all too well.
Mythical Partners: Firestorm (Phoenix) and Ryker (European dragon)
Firestorm: Image
Ryker: Image
God or Godess you are tied to: Zeus, god of the sky
Other: Comet
ZephyrWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nopers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:58 pm

((Brilliant! Accepted Alpha and Winterwolves!))
Nopers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Portal~A Greek Gods and Mythical Creature RP *Accepting*

Postby Versa_Mythology » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:06 am

(Who's Artemis? xD)
VIRUS SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE ON FACEBOOK! It is a trojan worm called koobface. It will steal your info, invade your system and shut it down! DO NOT open the link Barack Obama Clinton Scandal! If SmartGirl15 requests you as a friend, don't accept it; it is a virus. If somebody on your list adds her, you get the virus too! Please copy and paste to your wall. Confirmed on MSNBC and SNOPES..please pass it on...

((It's true :( Look it up on the news!!!))
Versa_Mythology

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me