Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Open!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Open!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:57 pm

Located in the English countryside is a very large, very old house with several hundred years of history attached to it. Button House. Passed down through a long family bloodline, it is truly a fascinating building. Not to mention the few acres of land that surrounds it that also belongs to the owners of the house. This house is also home to several ghosts. All from different eras and moments in history, they were on the property - whether in the house or on the grounds - when they died, and so Button House is where they remain, unable to go anywhere else. For quite a few years now, it's just been the ghosts and the very old owner of Button House. But when the owner dies - and her ghost chooses to pass on instead of staying - it seems they might finally be alone. That is, until, the new owner turns up. A distant, and only living, relative of the previous owner, they have now inherited Button House and the land. Bringing with them three close friends, the ghosts are in for a shake up, and attempt to try and get the humans to leave. But when a near-death accident (that may or may not have been caused by one of the ghosts) causes two of the humans to suddenly be able to see the ghosts... well, that just makes things take an interesting turn.

- This roleplay is based off the BBC series Ghosts, only with a new cast of characters, though set in the same Button House as in the show.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:58 pm

You may have up to two characters - one human and one ghost, or two ghosts. PM to reserve. Characters must be posted on the discussion thread.

Ghosts, as in the show, remain as they were when they died - including their clothes/hairstyle and cause of death, if it left a mark. In addition, a few ghosts may have an 'ability' - such as appearing in film and digital photos, able to flicker lights, push small objects such as cups or keys on a keyboard, or producing a strong scent if walked through by a human - but no ghost may have more than one of these abilities, and only a handful of them would do. Suggestions for an ability is welcome, but it cannot be too big, and must make sense for a ghost/the character to have.

Additionally, all ghosts must be from different periods of time in English history. No one later than 2000. Get creative with who/what they used to be when alive and how they died (nothing graphic, of course). Feel free to take inspiration from the ghosts from the series.

Humans (max. 4)
- Juliet Reinhart (Consulting_Angel)
- Amelia Strand (Spiritstar3)
- Neptune Tretiak (grmlnbstrd)
- Reserved (onion)

Ghosts (max. 8)
- Theodore Carter, 1920's (Consulting_Angel)
- Siris Wicket, Victorian (Spiritstar3)
- Agnes Saunders, Tudor (grmlnbstrd)
- Thomas Hackney, WWII (bigwig.)
- Vincent Savage, 1980's (bigwig)
- Emmet Brown, 1970's (TheRegularTerrarian)
-
-

Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Code: Select all
[left][img]Image/FC[/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Date & Cause of Death (ghosts only):[/b]
[b]Ghost Ability (if any, ghosts only):[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (written description, if not using an image)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences)

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Other[/b]:[/size]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply.
- Do not join if you are going to ghost (lol) the roleplay. Inactive members will have characters removed after a week.
- No one- or two-liners. A short paragraph of 5-6 lines is the absolute minimum please.
- Please use reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation, so others can understand your posts.
- Realistic FC's or your own art or a detailed written description.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Character age range is 21+, no upper limit.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:20 pm

Now accepting characters and reservations!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to Button House (A Ghosts-Inspired Roleplay) (Op

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:09 am

Juliet Reinhart
Tagged: Amelia, Neptune
"Wow! We're here!" Juliet exclaimed, practically falling out of the car after she'd parked at the front of Button House. In the center of the large driveway was a derelict stone fountain that had ivy and moss growing over it. At the entrance to the drive, were large, iron gates and a gold-coloured plaque that had the words 'BUTTON HOUSE' on it.
Staring up at the house, Juliet noted how each end of the house stuck more forward. Not to mention how spacious and open the rest of the land was, though she noted there was a small wooded area some distance away, and an archway on the side of the house that would lead to another side entrance and the back garden.
As she stared, Juliet suddenly felt a sense of familiarity. "It... feels like I've been here before." she said, slowly, and she approached the front door.

Once she got to the door, Juliet fumbled with the keys, and unlocked it, pushing the door open and stepping into the foyer. She could grab all her luggage from the car later. She looked around, in awe. She'd been told that the house was already furnished, which was quite the relief - she couldn't imagine having to buy furniture for every room.
There were doorways leading to different parts of the house. Going through the left doorway, Juliet looked around, before spotting the Tudor stairs to go upstairs. She hesitated, but decided to refrain from going upstairs just yet - there was a whole ground floor to explore first!

Theodore Carter
Tagged: Open/Other Ghosts
Sat in the upper drawing room, Theodore faced an empty fireplace, while sitting on a sofa. It was still something that amused him - ghosts were unable to pick up or hold anything that hadn't been on them when they'd died, but could very easily sit or lie down on something. He was currently thinking about how quiet it would be at Button House, now that the previous owner had died. Well, it'd been quiet for quite a few years now anyway, but now it was only the ghosts. He rather hoped it would just be the ghosts from now on. It wouldn't do to have some other people coming in and trying to change everything.

As he sat there, Theodore heard the sound of at least one vehicle approaching and then stopping. Swiftly, he stood up and moved to one of the windows that looked over over the front. His eyes widened as he watched, people... moving in? Already?
Turning on his heel, Theodore began to call out. "Attention everyone! Emergency meeting! Now!" he thought himself as something of an authority figure around here. He was good at being commanding, and he was probably the most experienced in being a leader. That, and he was stubborn enough to not allow anyone else to take on such a role.
He wasn't sure if he'd be heard, given the size of the house. Someone may well be over in the east wing. He'd need someone to make sure everyone knew. Ah - spotting another ghost approaching, having heard his call, no doubt, Theodore nodded sharply. "Thank you for responding promptly. Would you mind checking the east wing? Make sure no one's dithering?"
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:39 am

Emmett Brown | Upper Drawing Room | Tags: Theodore, Other Ghosts
Doc Brown had been half sleeping when he heard Theodore call for the ghosts. Quickly, he leapt to his feet and went to the Upper Drawing Room, to find that he was the first one there. "Of course, Theodore." He said with a quick smile. "You need me to check the east wing? Why I'll be there as fast as light-" He pauses, memories of his death flashing back to him before 'correcting' himself. "I'll be there as quick as I can." He pauses again, and then rushes off toward the East Wing, looking around to see if he could find any other ghosts.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Amelia Strand- Mel- f- 24 y- Pan; open- SO open- no kids- Flatcoat Retriever poodle mix seizure alert dog Benji- degree in dog training- dad x mom: three brothers, two sisters- Tags: Juliet, Neptune

The kind and caring but stubborn and hard headed pretty one looked around. She brushed back her long wavy brown hair, reaching mid back. She remembered her hair bands, and grabbed one. She quickly pulled back part of her hair into it. Blue-gray eyes of the peachy skinned one then looked to her friend. She giggled a bit at her excitement. She nodded and said "Yeah, we are here." She too looked to the driveway, the iron gates, the plaque stating the name of the place. She then shook her head. She looked at the large house, which some people may see as imposing. She then let her eyes go back to her friends. She nodded to Neptune a moment, before looking at Juliet again, and smoothed down her clothes a bit.

She watched the other girl stare up at the house as well. She tilted her head as she looked at the other, saying "Maybe...you have." She was pretty sure someone from Juliet's family had owned this place. That's how Juliet had gotten it. It would make sense if she'd possibly been here at some point, like as a child. Shaking her head, she looked back at the driveway a moment. She then quickly headed in after Juliet. She waited a moment for Neptune. She then followed after Juliet once more. She looked around at the inside of the house, now, as they were inside now. She hummed a small sound of appreciation as she looked at doors then stairs. She then wondered where they should explore first.

Siris Wicket- m- 35 y- 1888 ghost- able to flicker lights- homosexual; Theodore- SO open- never had kids- worked for well known family, taking care of horses; the family also had four hunting dogs- Tags: Theodore, Doc Brown

The average height and attractive, tanned male sighed a bit. He appeared to be soaked, though didn't like to talk about why. Shaking his head, he glanced around the room he was in. He was a ghost, so he didn't need to sleep, but he liked this bedroom. The friendly and playful but sometimes wild and loud one shook his head. The room had a painting above the bed. The soft and curly haired, dark haired one likes paintings. He also liked books, as well as horses and dogs. He pursed his lips a moment, then stopped that. He blinked medium lashed eyes, then turned. He headed for the door, and went back out into the hallway. He thought about how quiet it was here, now, and how he kind of missed the old owner.

He looked down at the white shirt and gray suit he wore. He also had his trench coat, which he liked quite a lot. Gray eyes then looked up, as he jerked a bit as he heard the yell from Theodore. He looked around, not seeing any of the others near himself. He quickly headed for where he thought he'd heard the call. He headed along until he got there. He found Emmett Brown there...as well as Theodore. He offered a small smile to Doc, then a slightly bigger one to Theodore. "Hello, Theodore, I heard you." He said this then tilted his head, wondering what this was about, anyway. "Are you okay?" he asked. He then asked "What's wrong, is something going on?" as Theodore had said this was an emergency meeting.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thomas ✭ 001

Postby bigwig. » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:52 pm

𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐘
    he/him1940s ghostlocation: upper drawing roomtags: theodore, other ghosts (doc brown mentioned)
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Things had been rather quiet around the Button House since its last owner's passing. Not a bad thing necessarily, but Thomas had spent a lot of time wondering what exactly was bound to become of the home now. Would it just stay empty? Hopefully it didn't get shuffled off to anybody who wanted to tear it down or something awful like that. He had thought that it might get a bit boring without a living person in the house, but knowing the house's diverse cast of deceased inhabitants like he did, it was hard to imagine anything ever truly being 'boring' around here. Thomas was a bit of a sensitive spirit compared to the others, and he already somewhat missed the old owner. Saying that out loud would no doubt invite a healthy amount of mockery from his cohorts, however, so he had remained mostly silent on the subject. Everyone else was likely just happy that they were able to be alone for once, after decades of the house's living population slowly dwindling down to one, then to none.

Thomas was downstairs; when he glanced out the window through the thin crack in the curtain, he thought he saw sunlight bouncing off the exterior of a car. It couldn't be, could it? Well, maybe it was some sort of home inspector or whatnot, coming to appraise the property. The young man then heard the sound of someone shouting upstairs - sounded like Theodore. Thomas jumped up immediately, racing for the stairs to go figure out what was going on. He passed by Doc on the way to the drawing room where he'd heard the call come from, heading in the opposite direction. Thomas acknowledged his presence with a curt nod, not questioning where he was going or for what purpose. It was not at all Thomas' typical manner to do so; he didn't like to feel like he was interrogating others, and was respectful even towards the less respectable of ghosts among them. As well, where someone like Doc was, with everything considered, several decades his junior, Thomas nonetheless deferred to him as if he were an elder. It was perhaps partially because he considered Doc Brown much smarter than himself, or just an extension of his more obsequious nature.

Thomas came trotting into the drawing room quickly, as though summoned - which, indeed, he had been, although he hadn't entirely realized that that was what had happened. Siris was already in the room, though, and, hoping he was not interrupting, Thomas stood at attention and dipped his head towards Theodore with a quick, "Sir."
Last edited by bigwig. on Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grmlnbstrd » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:29 am

Neptune Tretiak they/them
tags: Juliet, Amelia

Standing outside the magnificent house, Neptune stood starstruck in the driveway. Seeing their two friends enter the house, Neptune hurried in quickly behind them.
"This is amazing!" Neptune shouted giddily, no more living in dingy flats overlooking an even dingier side street. Stepping in through the door, they admired the fine wooden details in the entrance, the floorboards, the stairs, all of it. Before getting too excited, Neptune jogged back to the car to grab their luggage and other belongings that could be carried, a sports bag of leisure clothes and their pride and joy, their boxed up sewing machine. Carefully walking across the pebble driveway and back into the house to set down the sewing machine, Neptune walked past Amelia.
"Oh my days Amelia, imagine how many video and costume ideas I can get from this place," Neptune looked towards their friend with a huge smile on their face. "My creative block shall finally perish in flames!"

Agnes Saunders she/her
tags: Emmett "Doc" Brown

Staring down onto the garden below her, Agnes crossed her left leg over her right. She was sat at her favourite window in the east wing, a simple stool was pushed against the wall below the window, a previous owner clearly took a similar liking to the garden view. Lost in her thoughts, Agnes heard a commotion from the center of the house. Starting her way towards the noise. She recognized the voice of Theodore, the stubborn inspector likely calling another meeting over some inconveniece. She strolled her way towards the direction of the upper drawing room, running into Emmett along the way. "Oh hello Doc, what's all of the commotion about today?" She asked the man as he hurriedly walked down the hall.
Last edited by grmlnbstrd on Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
grmlnbstrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:32 am

Juliet Reinhart
Tagged: Amelia, Neptune
"Maybe it's just one of those things." Juliet commented, to Amelia's vague suggestion that she might have actually been at Button House before. No one had ever mentioned it or the previous owner to her - and it seemed like a very big thing to conveniently forget to mention. Still it didn't matter. She was here now. It was almost like a dream, she was half-expecting to wake up at any moment and be back in her old flat, where the heating didn't quite work right.

Not quite realising she was leaving them outside - but she figured that her friends would come inside as and when they were ready - Juliet proceeded through the house. She shortly found the kitchen, with a stone-like floor and... it was huge, split into two room with an open doorway between them. One of them had a large dining table, complete with chairs, in the centre, and still had plenty of space to get around to the various counters, cupboards, sink and appliances. "This is amazing..." she whispered, venturing a little further and finding another door out to the back garden. Deciding to stay inside for now, Juliet retraced her steps back through the kitchen.

Theodore Carter
Tagged: Doc Brown, Siris, Thomas
"Yes, the east wing, Doc. Thank you." Theodore confirmed with the scientist. One of the, perhaps, most intelligent yet eccentric minds he'd ever come across, Theodore quite appreciated the Doc's presence - even if he was a bit loopy at time. Still, he was certainly reliable and even after all these years, had never had a dull moment. Glancing towards the other ghost that had arrived quickly, Siris, Theodore nodded in greeting. Siris had been here longer than Theodore, but it didn't always feel like it. It didn't take an inspector like him to figure out how poor Siris must have died, given he appeared constantly soaked.
"I'm afraid not, Siris." Theodore replied, seriously. He had intended to not explain anything until everyone else had arrived, but seeing Thomas arriving with a 'Sir', he figured he may as well explain while they waited.

"Hackney." Theodore responded with a nod towards the young soldier. Thomas must be the youngest of the ghosts, Theodore thought. It was a shame - he seemed like an excellent soldier, and Theodore had hoped he would have pulled through when he arrived at Button House all those years ago.
Striding over to one of the windows again, Theodore gestured outside. "Alive humans have arrived. And I can only deduce that they are here to move in." he explained.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me