The Life Aquatic - Multifandom RP - Accepting

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

The Life Aquatic - Multifandom RP - Accepting

Postby Egg With Legs » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:29 pm

You wake up surrounded by steel. Looking around, you see that you have awoken in some sort of bunk room, a box of steel with cramped bunkbeds, each holding a mattress with someone (including yourself) in it, all dimly lit by a flickering light in the ceiling. As you regain your senses and try to leave your bunks you feel your head swim and your stomach sicken. After recovering, you look up to see a steel door, a red button sitting at its side.

And, if one were to leave and find one of the few views of the outside of your new home, they would see a black expanse before you, what lights that cut through the murk illuminating floating particles, and the occasional alien fish.

Welcome to the depths of Europa.
Last edited by Egg With Legs on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information

Postby Egg With Legs » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:36 pm

So Whats This Now?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my attempt at another attempt at making a 'me dming a bunch of lads through a hostile and bizarre setting' rp. This time, I shall be taking a cast of characters from across fiction to the horrific depths of Barotrauma, a game about venturing through the aquatic depths of Juptier's moon Europa in a submarine, where most everything would like you dead. The Crew shall be venturing through Eurpoa's depths, trying to figure out how they came to this place and, hopefully, how to leave it, while also visiting others that have been trapped within this icy moon, exploring what secrets the depths hide, and just surviving against the dangers the lurk deep below.

To try and keep this alive for longer, I shall also be implementing specific Roles for most characters; which shall lend them knowledge to assist them in their journey. However, putting a character within a role that would fit them without the (mysteriously placed) knowledge would probably be beneficial. Or just throw someone unfit and watch the chaos fly!

Enjoy!

The Rules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. All of Tess's rules still apply.
2. Presence in the discord, while not mandatory, is highly recommended so as to easily coordinate plot ideas, possible character interactions, and so forth.
3. Decent grammar and a lack of 1-3 liners is a must here.
4. If you are going to be inactive for a time, please alert both those you are rping with and myself.
5. Only one character per person please
6. Remember the time honored tradition of the Fade To Black. Use it, and use it well.
7. Powergaming is a no. If you seek to do something, give others the freedom to react rather than dictating it yourself.

The Discord
The Discussion Thread

Crew Roster
The Captain: S/he who shall lead the crew of this submarine. Whether it is out of genuine want or out of necessity is irrelevant; they shall be the compass pointing this motely crew in the right direction, both in their goals and in navigating the submarine they're all stuck in.
- Played By: Lady Varis Aurifort
- Additional Knowledge: Navigational terminal operation, sonar operation, docking procedures.

The Engineer: S/he who shall make the lights stay on and that then engine turns. Perfectionist out of necessity, due to the danger that the slightest error could put the whole crew in, be it with the electrical network, the engine, or otherwise. And with the dangers that Europa presents, maintenance is always needed
- Additional Knowledge: Engine operations, electrical maintenance

The Mechanic: S/he who shall keep the submarine afloat. A certain lack of self preservation is required for one to be the one meant to hurl oneself at a hole leading to the lightless depths and be the one to weld it shut, or to dive into the guts of a malfunctioning deconstructor and fix it before it turns parts of you to material components.
- Additional Knowledge: Machinery maintenance, hull repair, constructor operation

The Medic: S/he who shall ensure the crew stays alive. Injuries while traveling through Europa's depths are inevitable; ensuring they bounce back from those injuries is less a matter of skill, but of management. Submersible journeys are often long, and there is only so many medical supplies one can pack, and only so many forms of injury one can expect.
- Additional Knowledge: First aid, infection/poison diagnosis, antidote application

The Security: S/he who shall defend the sub with their life. Be it weapons in hand or those on the sub, they shall beat back the beasts of Eurpoa from dragging the submarine into oblivion. Even as the sub breaks around them, and as beasts tear their comrades apart, they shall fight till the last breath.
- Additional Knowledge: Submarine weapon operation, handheld weapons use

The AI: S/he who shall acclimate the crew to their new condition. Perhaps they were too taken, and have simply had more time to settle into their condition, irrelevant of if they had actual time or not. Perhaps they were tailor-made for this situation, designed to ensure the sub they were placed in runs well.
- NOTE: This AI can either be a fictional AI or otherwise digital being, placed within the submarine much like the rest of the crew, or one original to this submarine, to ensure they acclimate to their new situation
- Additional Knowledge: General submarine operations, general information on Europa
Last edited by Egg With Legs on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Sub

Postby Egg With Legs » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Ship Compartments

Crew Quarters - Primary residence for crew. Contains comfortable (for a submarine) bunkbeds for up to 8 crew, as well as lockers for personal storage

Medical Supplies - Contains medical supplies for the crew, ranging from morphine to bandages and the like, as well as syringe gun for combat administration

Gunnery and Armory - Holds controls for Coilgun and Depth Charge controls and loaders. Also contains the firearm safe, containing a shotgun and spare ammunition, only accessible by The Security. Also contains a locker for tools.

Oxygen Generator - Creates and distributes oxygen to the entire submarine, as well as refilling oxygen tanks used for EVA operations and Plasma Cutter use.

Bridge - Controls submarine navigation, status monitor, and sonar control, as well a secure safe for the Captain. Also controls the Electric Discharge Coils.

EVA - Storage for diving suits and related equipment, such as underwater scooter, portable sonar, plasma cutters and the like.

Power Junctions - Serve as distribution hubs for electric power across the submarine. A and C contain battery chargers, while B serves as tool storage, containing spare wires, screwdrivers, wrenches, welders, and similar items.

Engine - Contains both the ships nuclear reactor that powers the ship. Also contains storage for spare fuel rods, and the ships engine. Said rods are safe to handle by hand, but the engine is still volatile, and prone to overheating and radiation leaks.

Crew Barracks - Serves as quarters for crew that cannot fit within the Quarters, staying within cramped bunks built into the subs wall, with a curtain for privacy and small lockers for personal storage. Holds up to 32, though in uncomfortable conditions, even for a submarine. Also contains the only showers aboard the ship, as well as monitors linked to cameras on the outside of the ship.

Cargo Storage - Holding area for cargo, and probably the safest place on the submarine in case of impacts.

Ballasts - Fill and empty as the submarine needs to rise and sink, as well as bilge water from leaks in the submarine.

Airlocks - Allow for entry and exit into the sub, as well as permit docking with other submarines and stations.

Ship Armaments

Coilgun - Rapid fires steel bolts at high velocity. Lacks the punch of more expensive turrets, but is inexpensive to maintain.

Depth Charge - Launches depth charges from the rear of the ship. Charges require loading with explosive materials, but can cause a great deal of damage. Charges can also be fitted with sonar beacons to serve as decoys against creatures.

Electric Discharge Coil - Primarily a deterrent, unleashing enough of an electrical charge to stun most creatures in Europa, though actual damage is minimal. Also run directly off of the submarines power grid, alleviating munition worries.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Life Aquatic - Multifandom RP - Accepting

Postby Egg With Legs » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Now accepting applications!

Last bumped by Egg With Legs on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:43 pm.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me