[ ❖ ] the horror and the wild | multifandom | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

[ ❖ ] Hunter - part 7

Postby Bayleef » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pm

Hunter aka Golden guard|Male|Witch|16|Location: Center Crest|Tags: Kerry

He couldn’t help the sigh of relief. This man was here was like him, having come though the same method Hunter had. He could sense Rascal calm a bit, tilting his head to look at strange person. This one was definitely more friendly then the earlier person he’d come across, so he figured he should introduce himself. He gently shifted his arm and Rascal took off, hovering next to him. Slowly, he flipped his white hood down and pulled his smooth gold helmet off. Holding the helm in one hand, he smoothed his ruffled hair back. His mind quietly wondered what this person would think, from his scarred cheek and notched ear to his permanent eye bags. But that wasn’t something to worry about now. If he was going to be working with them, he should at least formerly introduce himself. Hunter was just secretly relieved that his uniform and cloak covered the multitude of other scars that covered his body.
“I’m Hunter,” He introduced, then waved a hand to Rascal hovering next to him. “And this is my palismin Lil Rascal. The other bird behind me is my animal guide Rory. And you would be?”
Bayleef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Charlie Cassandra Winchester l Vessel of Asbeel l animal companion is a Timber Wolf l Supernatural Oc l tagged- Shirasu l location - central crest

The brunette followed the feral, not that he seemed all that feral now, canine passed the tree line. The clearing getting further and further at her back. All the while the forest around her closing in, growing more dense with each step she took. And each step taking her deeper into the unknown forest every time one of her feet moved forward. The young Hunter’s mind constantly going to the blades which she had tucked away just on the chance she was attacked. Unless the situation was dire, Charlie decided that it was best too stick with armed combat. And the brunette took Asbeel’s silence too mean he agreed with that decision. There was no telling who, or what, else had been dragged too this world along with them after all. That golden masked boy didn’t pose a threat but that didn’t mean there weren’t going too be others that were capable of causing problems. Possibly even working for her partner’s siblings. It was just best that the duo keep the whole two-souls-inhabiting-one-body-thing to themselves as long as they could.

So Charlie made her way through the forest being sure too stick close too the Wolf. The fours legged creature stopping every so often and glancing back to see where she was. An expression which Charlie could have sworn yelled ‘Would you hurry it up?!’ at her resting on Sel’s face. The Hunter had no idea where the guide was taking her but hopefully her partner was right about the animal guide understanding at least one of their desires.

Right?

”Case.”

The voice of the Fallen Angel was what drew the brunette young women from her thoughts. Looking up Charlie noted him pointing to a once again alert Sel. But it wasn’t until Asbeel pointed upwards into the trees that the Hunter wanted too curse herself for lack of keeping track of their surroundings. For there sitting on one of the lower branches of a near by tree was a young man. A young man with white hair.

So they more then likely weren’t the only ones pulled from their homes to this world. So the brunette assumed. There were others then just the pair and the boy they had come across.

The Hunter crossed her arms over her chest, setting them like a child would.

“You know at this rate maybe the best thing too do would be to make some holy water first. You’re aunt may not send demons after us, but they do occasionally work with us. Unless you just want to blade test everyone we come across.”

“Sorry but your guesses are as good as mine. Actually I was just hoping my furry companion could lead me to a town. Sel heel.”

The male Wolf looked over his shoulder at Charlie, watching the Hunter for a long moment. However after one last return glance up at the young man, the manifested guide obeyed calmly.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ ❖ ] the horror and the wild | multifandom | o&a

Postby Wormgod » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:31 am

Kitahli-Huei | Female | Argonian | Common Gliding Lizard | Jel Dictionary | Tagged: Will Graham

Will Graham agreed with her, so the Nisswo nodded. Kitahli-Huei held her arm out and Sarpa used it as a ramp, running down the limb and taking off for a short glide, and she followed. The small lizard disappeared into the undergrowth, but even if she didn't know how to track prey, the pull in her brain told her exactly where Sarpa was. That was definitely going to come in handy someday.

Will Graham brought up what they were brought here for. Kitahli-Huei hummed--a guttural near-growl--as she thought over the problem, "We were chosen for a reason. The spirit pulled those who it felt could do what needed to be done...ku-vastei." She paused and thought over herself. She was a priest, a tribal Saxhleel, and a mage. She knew how to survive, how to wield magic, and how to live with the present instead of against it. Any of those skills could come in handy on this quest: most likely all of them. But why was Will Graham chosen? Kitahli-Huei looked back at him, curious. He seemed physically capable: definitely a hard worker. His clothing was...odd, to say the least. Some type of dyed woven cloth reminiscent of city-dwelling mahleel. Each piece was a different dyed color and possibly fabric. In Argonia, such wealth was near-unheard of. Either he came from money or his country was very prosperous indeed. The jacket had shiny buttons and pockets and was nowhere near tough enough to withstand constant wear and tear. And he had a flimsy eyepiece, one of those sight-enhancers foreign academics and librarians use. Tribal Saxhleel often don't bother to learn to read, and those who do--like herself--don't do it enough to cause the eye strain that spectacles fix. Will Graham was an anomaly to Kitahli-Huei, a learned city-dweller, but a capable one.

"Well, what can you do, Will Graham? What is your job in your world? I will tell you mine, in return. I am a Nisswo, a priest of Raj-Sithis." She asked, looking forward again to watch where she was going in the dense undergrowth.
Last edited by Wormgod on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:01 am

Uta - male - Tokyo ghoul - Black Squirrel - the center crest - tags: Eren, Luna, open
---
He stood up to stand and cleaned his pants of grass from the rest of the dirt that had come from the ground. He turned to face the male which answered before the girl did, he needed to think for a moment to get what was the boy talking about when he remembered the odd dream he had before waking in here. He gave the boy a look as he could hear into his voice that he was annoyed or just angry to respond to his questions "Goddess? Really? Oh don't say you do have that crazy dreams about some darkness destroying some lands, this land I think...crystals..." he said starting to thing about the dream then laughed "but was that only a dream? Pointless dream...and even if it was not a dream? then why could we have to save this land which we don't even know?" he kept saying.

Sighing he looked over to the two animals there the wolverine which was with the boy and the hare which was with the girl 'almost like they understand each other?' he thought himself looking over at the black squirrel which was likely his guide 'he doesn't speak to me? Was I a mistake? Maybe I was not meant to come here?' he kept thinking "so where are you two going? do you even have a clue where to find those crystals? or anything which could save these lands," he asked suddenly.

Shirasu Kinjou - male - Donten ni warau - Raccoon - the center crest - tags: Charlie, open
---
He looked down at the human and the timber wolf, with a confused look at his face "I see...you're just come here as well I guess?" he asked him. He gave a deep sigh "so we are there to save those lands fr some darkness or whatever to collect some crystals...hmmm? Are you seen if there is anyone else in here than we are?" he asked looking at them once again.

He knew that the question was stupid, if they truly were just come here there is no way they could know anything more than he does, but he was kind of lost. He didnät has any idea where he could go or what to do, his guide was silent as well, instead of guiding him he seems to follow him instead...or maybe he could give the raccoon a chance to do something? Especially when it was pretty clear that this human was actually talking or at least understanding what the wolf was saying, he didn't understand the wolf at all "Sel heel? you named your guide?" he asked looking to the raccoon 'Does he has a name too?' he thought.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfrunner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Charlie Cassandra Winchester l Vessel of Asbeel l animal companion is a Timber Wolf l Supernatural Oc l tagged- Shirasu l location - central crest

“If I had too guess. The last thing I remember is faintly hearing a dog howling outside before falling asleep and waking up in this place. I don’t know if you heard howling or not but still I’d say it’s safe too say we were brought here the same way. And if that’s true then for the same reason.”, said the brunette with a shrug of her shoulders. She vaguely recalled hearing a female voice speaking in her ears about something similar too what the guy was talking about. Not understand. Because Charlie had no idea what exactly the voice was talking about but she understood the basis of what was going on as it was common too her. The whole idea that there was a powerful evil darkness of some sort which was putting a world in the path too destruction. That notion was one that was far from foreign too her. How many times had her family had too deal with that exact sort of scenario in some form or another? “As far as have I seen any others like us that were kidnapped and expected too clean up someone else’s screw ups? Yeup. Just missed him. Ran into a kid in a golden mask who had a Cardinal and an Eagle of some kind with him. But they headed off.”

The female Hunter stopped when Shirasu asked about her companion. Just now noticing that he too had a creature with him.....a raccoon actually. At least raccoons weren’t exactly a common pet for someone too have so the only other option was this guy’s companion. His inner self. “His names Sel. It’s short for Selendrile. I don’t know, just seemed too fit him and it’s easier then calling him ‘Wolf’, ‘Inner Self’ or something stupid like those.”
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ four; ☀ four

Postby atlas, » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:00 am

𝐀𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐃𝐎 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
      ▸ snow weasel▸ genshin impact▸ center crest, moving north▸ jake
      "jake," albedo echoed faintly at the taller man introducing himself, eyes flicking from his figure and distancing themselves, preferring the lush green of the jungle surrounding them. the alchemist was still unsure of where exactly to go, eyeing the direction he was previously traveling in. his weasel was still and quiet on his shoulder, content with observing jake and his bird with a little too much curiosity that albedo was able to mask from years of practice. still, out of topic and out of pocket. 'gods and animal guides and crystals and whatever' fit the description of the voice he heard, so that cleared up that smidgen of doubt he had about jake's natural intelligence. eventually, the man looked back, eyebrows raised. "the voice knocked you unconscious too, then. i was hoping that she didn't have a personal issue with me. celestia's name; that would be unsatisfactory...an unknown god hating me for a reason i can't think of."

another brush of his weasel against his cheek; albedo shook his head and looked down at himself. my clothes? clothes are clothes, is that not normal? he is wearing them too. he first thought, hands twitching before he frowned at how hesitant⎯more like judgement, if he thought about it more, but he pegged for jake to not act callous, given his demonstration of summoning and willing away blades. not that he would attack someone for judging his attire; no, no⎯the other man was. "no. clothes are meant to be changed frequently and daily even. though i believe the general understanding of society is that pajamas and other sleep attire negates that standard."

and then he blinked, slow. like he just got something. he lifted a fist and coughed into it, somewhat sheepish of his lengthy deflection.

"this is my usual attire, though, if that's what you mean. i'm an alchemist; i explore dragonspine. it's a cold mountainous region of my home and i conduct most of my research there. these are the clothes i passed out in." albedo finally explained, adjusting the collar of his shirt beneath his coat. "and to answer your other question, no. i'm from mondstadt. it's in teyvat which...you don't seem to be from." albedo's mind boggled the inquiry, head tilting to the side and his mouth parting in a small 'ah' in thought. a cell phone. no, he hasn't, simply; the first thought he had was that he meant cells, like for criminals and bandits but 'phone' is one he's never heard.

eventually, the man looked up in a graceful sort of way. "not at all. if it did exist in my world, i've never heard of it or had one," answered albedo, making a very vague gesture and then humming. "do you have one? what is its purpose?" the idea of a new, unknown thing, regardless of possible danger or harm, made albedo's eyes light up, just briefly. any cause of intrigue was meant to be investigated. still, as if remembering his purpose, the weasel bit at his coat hood again, prompting albedo's returning hum, scurrying down the length of his arm and landing on the jungle floor with a thump. he edged himself in the direction of he was following earlier, sauntering past jake and his crow and blinking expectantly. ah yes. the original goal. "hm. perhaps we can walk and talk, if you'd like. i'll also come along. if you're unprotected."

𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐉𝐈𝐑𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐎 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
      ▹ tanuki▹ demon slayer▹ center crest▹ six
      a small frown made way to his face at six's answer, but he understood. if she and ax were dropped in from their world unwarranted, of course they wouldn't know. still, it did little to mask the raw disappointment on the boys face. he would really like a plan if at all possible, or some sort of information; a map would be helpful for one. a small symbol. 'you are here', felt in metal or paper when he would gaze at it. regardless, he would make do. it's not like he hasn't done that before; he's had to all his life. the slayer nodded his head slowly in agreement to the soldier. in a bad situation like this, darkness seeping and tainting the earth; the other gods dead and failed their mission and purpose; the very beginning scent of decay at the very very edges of his senses⎯it didn't really matter who helped or what their skill was when their world was at stake. they just wanted their home back. thinking about it made the boy's frown steepen and he only just barely caught the tail end of ax's analysis.

tanjirou...well, he understands that too. next to a war machine, a sword didn't look like much damage or intimidation. he's cut through steel with his blade, on the train, and some time after that, so he knew it wasn't much of an issue but ax and six can't really get hurt by things who can't do the things he does. they're probably more deadly too. guns and metal and walking intelligence... the boy shuddered briefly, intimidated but awed.

"so that means we should travel, together? i don't mind large groups! i used to travel in one back home!" tanjirou chirped at the proposition, perking. he didn't know if nezuko, inosuke, and zenitsu counted as a large group, but they never left each others side and traveled for a long time by now. another pang rocked him at how distraught they must be. "do you think they're okay back home?" he looked down at his tanuki. she just titled her head up impassively and blinked, her tail flicking. she seemed relaxed, but he could sense the tiny tinge of upset through her; yes, but sad.

regardless, the boy huffed at the name six's dubbed on her hawk (awacs? so interesting! everyone in her world has such strange names.) north seemed like a good idea; his raccoon dog made a low woof of agreement and stood, waiting at the edge of the small clearing, most of her body facing the same way awacs was hovering over. "okay, i'm coming. north doesn't seem to be a bad idea. i hope that the people you..picked up on are friendly." the slayer's frown quickly turned up and into a boyish smile. "this might be easier with two companions. let's go!" if everyone was naming their companions, he would too. at another time. a name still needed to come to him, but the canine didn't look annoyed. just happy and goal-set.
atlas,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Six Kerrigan||Female||Titanfall||Red-tailed Hawk||Center Crest||Tagged: Tanjirou
    Six tapped AX twice on the leg, and the titan folded up. It would be rude to walk in a titan while her companion was on foot, and a rodeo ride in terrain like this would be rather unpleasant. Besides, she could use the walk. "I would assume so," she said, "but I wouldn't count on it. There's probably some people who'd resent getting pulled away from their planets, and some more who'd want to take it out on us. Shouldn't be a problem either way though, between the three of us we're more than a match for them." She set off at a brisk walk through the undergrowth, her titan lumbering slowly behind her. She really wasn't worried about any potential baddies here, whether they'd been born here or otherwise. She was the best of the best, and she had several tons of armor and guns behind her as well. She wasn't sure what skills Tanjiro had, but she hoped this mystery force wouldn't send someone in that couldn't handle it.

"I am curious, Kamado-kun," AX said, fixing the youth with a monocular stare, "could you describe your homeland for me? I have a theory about the nature of the force that brought us here that I wish to confirm." Six gave the titan a look, but didn't say anything. She could run fast and shoot good, everything else she left to the AI. She usually had a pretty good handle on these kinds of things, so if she thought this was important, then Six trusted her. She did think it was a bit odd he had no idea what a Titan was, even if he'd lived a sheltered life on earth. She felt like she had an idea of what the titan was aiming at, but she wasn't going to go jumping to conclusions.

InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// 005

Postby lex » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Jake Park | 25 | | DBD | American Crow
↳ Location: Center Crest ___ ↳ Tags: Albedo

The extent to which Albedo misunderstood his question was bewildering. Jake supposed he could guess where the confusion came in, sort of, but he’d also never had someone take him so literally before. Not even the people from the campfire who were particularly socially challenged (not unlike himself, really) misunderstood him… this easily. The man did, however, seem to realize his mistake a few seconds later, reacting awkwardly before clarifying himself. Jake simply stared with an unreadable expression as he explained himself, although his brow furrowed the more he spoke. An alchemist. Jake had only ever heard of one alchemist before; the one from whom the current clothes he was wearing were from, the one from the fog. Vigo, but Jake was certain they were not of the same type of alchemist. This man seemed almost… medieval, in a way.
    ——Monstadt. Teyvat. They were unfamiliar names—Monstadt sounded German, but Jake couldn’t recognize the origin of the other—and he was fairly certain neither of them were places he’d heard of before. Excellent; there was not a small chance that Albedo wasn’t from his Earth, at any time period, at all. That made sense, considering his fantastical getup and his literal, actual magic. Albedo’s curiosity about what a cell phone was all but confirmed that. Jake let out a rough sigh, not sure where to start. He still hadn’t responded by the time the weasel hopped past him and his own crow soon took flight from the ground and followed, retreating into the low branches of trees ahead and staring back at them. Albedo passed him and Jake shrugged before finally following.
    ——“Sure,” he said, though he still wasn’t exactly pleased that he needed to be ‘protected’. He’d make a weapon as soon as he could. A spear, or something—it wouldn’t be anything great, but it would be better than the literally nothing on him now. “I’m, uh. No, I’ve never heard of either of those places, to begin with. I’m from…” He hesitated. “Earth. America. Twenty-first century.” He wasn’t sure—no, he practically knew those things would have no relevant meaning to the man he spoke to, but it was worth mentioning anyway. “Which is… a different world than yours. And this one, too.” He wasn’t sure if he should mention the Fog. Jake still wasn’t convinced that he wasn’t still trapped there—that this wasn’t some strange trick that he’d fallen prey to. There was no sense digging his heels in now, though.
    ——Jake’s eyes followed his crow as the bird flitted from tree to tree as they followed the bird and the weasel. He couldn’t help but wonder where they were even headed, and if they needed to prepare for whatever was up ahead. He didn’t voice these thoughts, just gazed at Albedo through the corner of his eye. “A cell phone is a sort of… uh.” Explain in a way that a strange, post-medieval alchemist slash academic would understand. “It’s a device that you can use to talk to people far away, or get information or… play music. I don’t have one on me. I had one a while ago but—it got, uh, taken away, I guess.” If one could call it that. “Just trying to see… what time you’re from.” What was some early invention? “Uhh, glasses—things to help you see better? A printing press? Either of those?”
    ——He mused quietly for a few moments longer, thoughts of the Fog creeping back in. Clearly, if he was still there, Albedo was no survivor. He had a weapon, defenses. He did not, however, have any sort of indication of… murderous intent. No heartbeat, no stain, no summoning the blade again to stab Jake in the back. He might well and truly, shockingly, be in a different place. He might have escaped, if only for a short time. Even so, there was never any harm in… well, asking. “When you, uh… fell unconscious. There wasn’t any smoke, was there? Like a black fog?”
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➹ v, ♫ iii

Postby bigwig. » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 pm

── 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
    𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝚅 male human hannibal elk tags: kitahli-huei

Now that Will was less shocked by the immediate oddness of her appearance, he was able get a closer look at Kitahli-Huei - or, rather, he was able to take in details he had not bothered to absorb at first. He was a perceptive individual, but even he was prey to instinct, and there was a certain...senselessness that took over when one was stricken by a primal fear. Fight or flight did not leave room to discern many details. It was strange to see a creature like her look so...real. The thought of an anthropomorphic lizard was so inherently unreal, yet there was nothing about her that seemed illusory. Her clothing was simple; Will would have dubbed it 'primitive' compared to what he knew, but he couldn't say whether or not it was the same where she came from. She carried with her what Will would have called a staff, a simple weapon which matched the way she was dressed. Or, so he would have thought, had she not previously touted that she was a 'mage'. Such an implement matched many depictions of fantastical magic-users in his world, so perhaps it was, as he would have guessed, some sort of tool for channeling her supposed powers. He had yet to see her demonstrate them, though, and he was unsure of whether or not he wanted to. She seemed to be following her smaller lizard companion through the woods. While Will had difficulty discerning where it was at any given time, Kitahli-Huei seemed to know its location without any visible signal. It left Will wondering whether or not he could do the same. If Sequoia was out of his sight, would he know where it was, through some unspoken telepathic force? He had already begun using the previously-decided name for the elk without even thinking about it. Perhaps that meant it was the 'right' name. Maybe a gesture that he and the beast were thinking on the same wavelength already. Unlike the small creature Kitahli-Huei had been given, Will's companion strode beside him - actually, a little ahead of him, as it seemed uninterested in waiting for either humanoid to keep pace with it anymore - and was quite hard to miss.

Kitahli-Huei seemed quite unfazed by the whole situation. Of course, Will didn't really have any frame of reference other than his own reaction, but it was odd to him that she was so calm in the face of...whatever this was. A lot of sudden changes and a vast unknown now laid out in front of them. Maybe this wasn't the first time this had happened to her. She mused that they were no doubt chosen for some reason - which felt like it should be true. Will wasn't unsure why he would be selected. He knew, from the moment the thought struck him, what it was this great spirit or god or whatever saw in him. It was not a talent he wielded lightly. In fact, he almost despised it. It was a dark thing, like a second self that emerged and overtook everything he was. Others only saw the results, they did not see where he went, the way he plunged underwater and floundered before emerging again. Kitahli-Huei asked the question - what can you do?, and he knew what the answer was. But how did he describe, in so many words, what he did? How did he even describe his 'job' to an individual who most likely had no concept of the institutions which existed in his world in order to create that very job. He ruminated once again on her description of herself. She seemed to inject her speech with words and phrases which he did not understand. They shared certain sounds, and the same intonation, which led him to believe they were part of a full-fledged language, albeit one he did not know - and likely one nobody in his world spoke. "Nisswo...?" He repeated the word softly, no doubt inelegant in his secondhand pronunciation. The word was just noise, no significance to him as of yet. She denoted herself then as 'priest of' and then Raj-Sithis, so Will assumed 'Raj-Sithis' was something significant to her religion - a god they worshiped, perhaps, or a set of teachings she followed. Will didn't think any such belief system existed in his own world - not merely because he had never heard of it, but rather because there was not yet a precedent for their native realities sharing any major details.

It was easy to speculate about what things might be like in her world. It was hard to verbalize the way things were in his. "I'm uhh...a special investigator for the FBI." It might have been easier to say he was a teacher. That was a concept that had existed for centuries. Even a primitive society could understand what a teacher was, even if they did not understand what it was he taught. He didn't need to explain it in as complex of terms as being a professor at the FBI Academy; he could convey the idea in a simpler way. But therein lay the problem: he was a teacher, but that was not why he had been brought here. He doubted this mysterious godlike entity wanted him because of his lectures. "But you probably don't know what that means." Will continued. He was assuming, of course; maybe she understood completely, but all he had to go on were...inferences. "I help track down murderers. People who kill people. I work with a group who looks for them. If someone gets killed, we...figure out how it happened." That wasn't the most in-depth of descriptions. Perhaps it would suffice. Perhaps the idea was completely alien to her.

── 𝐊𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘
    𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙸𝙸𝙸 male human cyberpunk brown hyena tags: hunter

Kerry watched quietly as the young man removed his hood and the strange helmet he was wearing. He was a bit surprised - not that everything that had happened in the past few minutes wasn't surprising enough. The kid sounded young, and even looking at him Kerry wouldn't have guessed he was any older than a teenager, but had a pronounced scar and a deep nick in his left ear. Felt a bit blunt to just ask what the scars were from, though; might be a sensitive subject. Kerry still had a scar of his own on his lip that no amount of implants could seem to erase completely. He just wouldn't have expected someone who seemed so young to look so battle-hardened. Though, perhaps, he just looked younger than he was? Kerry was a perfect example of that himself, after all. Yet, something was telling him that wasn't the case; he just couldn't imagine this kid was actually that old. He'd also been wondering why he had two animals with him, though after the kid's introduction, he still didn't really understand. He figured he'd at least wait until their introductions were out of the way to start asking questions, though. "I'm Kerry." He said, trying his best to sound friendly despite his latent worries about the situation. It almost felt strange to introduce himself like this; back home so many people knew who he was that not being recognized instantly was a rarity. Maybe it'd be nice to be somewhere he wasn't famous, even if it was under such...extraneous circumstances. "This is, uhh..." Kerry began, trying to introduce his animal companion in the same manner Hunter had introduced his only to realize he didn't have a name for it - or even know what exactly it was. "Well, I dunno, actually." He concluded with a bit of an awkward chuckle. "I think she's some sort of dog."

It probably wasn't a dog. There was some sort of other animal he was thinking of but couldn't quite name. It felt more likely it was some species he couldn't remember the name of, the kind of animal that didn't exist in his own world anymore. She was still mostly hiding behind Kerry anyway, just peering around him to keep an eye on Hunter. Odd, as he would've guessed it was some sort of a predator animal based on its appearance, but it was acting quite fearful. Surely it wasn't afraid of a bird or two, was it? Even the larger bird the boy had, while most definitely a bird of prey, would think twice about tangling with an animal of her size. Was this apparent cowardice supposed to be some sort of reflection on him, then? She was allegedly an embodiment of his 'inner self', after all. That was still kind of a vague description, though. Did that mean they shared thoughts and feelings? Did this animal know what he was thinking? Could she even comprehend his thoughts? The vaguely dog-like animal remained in her defensible position behind Kerry's legs, as though he were meant to protect her, and not the other way around. To be fair to her, though, the companions had been described as 'guides' - not necessarily 'guardians'. Her duty was to lead him where he needed to go. "She's a bit shy for some reason." Remarked Kerry, still wondering about it, thinking maybe this kid somehow knew more than him. That was a long shot, though. It seemed like the only one who really knew anything was whoever that voice had belonged to, and they probably wouldn't be hearing from them any time soon.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayleef » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:12 am

Hunter aka Golden guard|Male|Witch|16|Location: Center Crest|Tags: Kerry

Hunter just nodded as Kerry replied. He also seemed confused about the dog like creature. Hunter honestly wondered why an animal he didn’t even know would manifest as his guide, but that wasn’t important. What was important however, was figuring out what to do next. He glanced over to Rory, who looked back at him. He honestly wished the bird could talk, but he figured that wasn’t necessary. The bird was an extension of him after all, so he could already sense whatever Rory was trying to portray.
As Hunter pondered, Rascal glided around and chirped, ‘So are we gonna team up with Kerry? Also I believe that creature is called a hyena.’
“How would you even-” Hunter gave him a confused look, then sighed. “ You know what, I’m not even going to question that,” He said, then turned back to Kerry. “Rascal is asking whether we should team up, and he says that thing is called a hyena,” Hunter translated, motioning with his free hand toward Kerry’s animal guide.
Bayleef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me