[어울리는 우상 - Becoming an Idol] - [OPEN and ACCEPTING]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: [어울리는 우상 - Becoming an Idol] - [OPEN and ACCEPTING]

Postby єℓσqυєи¢є » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:27 am

Einna giggled at Gri-Na's joke. "Gosh, I don't even want to imagine it. That's, like, nightmare fuel," she shuddered. "Well, at least it wouldn't be as bad as what happened in my eighth grade talent show. We did a hip-hop dance routine, and during my solo one of my rings flew off and whacked a girl in the face. She was alright, but from then on I never wore any jewellery or anything when I danced." Einna wasn't lying. After that fiasco, she donated all of her jewellery (even the real ones) to goodwill.

"Yeah, no problem!" Einna said to Ki-Tae. "If we work together, we can help each other pick a dance and correct each other's mistakes. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?" She nodded along to Gri-Na, who already had a dance in mind. "Hm, I'm not sure. To be honest, after today I don't want to do anything too upbeat so I might go for something more slow. I'll probably look through my playlist for a song, and go off from there."

Einna's ears perked up as Ki-Tae talked about dieting. "Yeah, I heard about that red solo cup diet too! But couldn't you technically fill it up with cake and high-calorie deserts? You know, now that I think about it, eating only cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner doesn't sound so good..." she trailed off as she realized she was rambling, and focused on the topic at hand. "How about we go to the cafeteria and see what they have on the menu? We should eat a healthy, fulfilling dinner since we're going to be dancing all night."

She stood up and stretched her arms, ready to leave.

WC: 282
TWC: 5123

[Agreed, you health comes first! Take all the time you need :D]
[I'd like to roll a dance stat die please!]
[Also, what do you guys think about needing a certain amount of dance stats to pass the solos tomorrow?]
єℓσqυєи¢є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefly_Dreamer » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Min Ki-Tae stood up from her seat in the hallway and suggested to the girls "Why don't we order takeout? That way we could get started looking for songs right away, then when the food comes we can eat and then get started on the dancing and movements after we get a little more energy? That way were aren't wasting time sitting and just talking." Ki-Tae realized that might have been rude to say, so she clarified herself. "Don't get me wrong, I love talking to you girls! I just thought this way would be more time efficient."

Ki-Tae waited for the other girls to lead the way, unsure if her idea would be received well, or even where the dance practice rooms for trainees were. She wouldn't want to walk in on Jungkook and his friends by accident. Although he seemed very kind and polite, it could so easily be a front.

Tae also had in mind some songs to try out. She was wanting to do a very upbeat song that was a little less energetic than Boombayah, but a little more fun. Yet part of her knew a slower and softer song would be the safer option. Ailee's "I'll show you" seemed like a viable option, but there wasn't a lot of dancing in it. If only she could find something similar. Perhaps her friends would know of something.

WC: 232
TWC: 7329

[Einna gets a +3 to stats]
[Grina gets a +4 to stats]

[Yes, I like that idea very much, I would love for it to need to be in the 20-30 range for dance and maybe a 10 in Flexibility and/or Stamina?, however, I worry that Seall won't be able to achieve that high because they weren't with us at the very start.] [messaged you guys back, however 25% might be too steep. Maybe 10-15%?]
Firefly_Dreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Both of Gri-Na's hands flew to her mouth upon hearing Einna's anecdote, "In front of everyone? Goodness..." She commented with a rhetorical question to indicate she was listening.

"That's a good idea," She replied to Ki-Tae's proposal on what they should eat, and then added in reassurance, "Don't worry about it. I didn't take your words the wrong way!"

Gri-Na's mind wandered to what she was going to eat as all three of them began to walk together. Humming the tune of 'Dance the Night Away by TWICE', she thought that perhaps something small but balanced would be fulfilling. She liked the idea of having a meal that included a bit of everything: proteins, calcium, fat, sugar and carbohydrates — even though many things were generally looked down upon. Gri-Na didn't want to starve herself in order to fit in and be 'skinny enough'; she planned on achieving this through healthy eating habits and regular intense exercise. If she was going to become big in this industry, she wanted to be a positive role model to the many possible youngsters looking up to her.

WC: 183
TWC: 2,755

[I think that would make the RP a bit more challenging but in a good way!

Because Gri-Na is going to do a bit more of an energetic song, maybe she could have an incident that causes her to fail it? But then she gets given another shot at it or something. Firefly, you can decide since you RP the instructors!]
Seall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єℓσqυєи¢є » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:13 am

"No worries, you're right!" Einna responded to Ki-Tae. "Ah to be honest, I'm craving fried chicken but I should probably get something healthier, right? I think I'll order a bowl of Janchi-Guksu." She took out her phone and placed an order at the nearest restaurant. "They'll probably send someone to the front lobby, so let's wait there!"

Einna led the way to the lower lobby, taking the elevator all the way to ground floor. It took longer than anticipated— turns out the dance studios were higher up than she thought. After a few minutes, a boy arrived on a scooter and handed her a takeout bag.

"Gam sa ham ni da," Einna thanked him, bowing politely. After Ki-Tae and Gri-Na also received their meals, Einna led them up to the trainee dance rooms. It was two floors below the main dance studio, so they didn't have to travel as far.

The studio had giant mirrors on the left side with a ballet bar, windows that showed off the Seoul skyline, and overhead speakers for music. The floor was wooden and glossy, the walls were painted ivory white, and the room was lit up by fluorescent ceiling lights. Einna took a seat on the floor and set up her meal.

"Ah, this looks so good," Einna crooned. She took out her chopsticks and began eating, letting the spicy flavour linger on her mouth. After ten minutes or so, the bowl was done and she disposed the packaging in the trashcan outside. Soon enough, Ki-Tae and Gri-Na had also finished their meals.

"Alright, let's choose our songs, shall we?" Einna said, taking out her phone. "Who wants to go first?"

WC: 294
TWC: 5417

[I think 15% would be good! If our character's dance stat is above that, maybe they could also get a +affection? How do you guys feel about there being a max affection of 150? We should also write every teacher's affection with our characters so we can keep count. Maybe on one of the reserved posts?]
єℓσqυєи¢є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefly_Dreamer » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:36 pm

Min Ki-Tae followed the girls down to the lobby of the building and talked about what she was thinking for her song on the way down. "After today, I'm not so sure I want to do such a bold song. I feel like I want to do something rather upbeat and simple, or something soft that suddenly becomes energetic." She mentioned. "I mean honestly, my first song choice would be 'Yes or Yes' by Twice. It's fun and it's kind of in between cute and cool." She mentioned.

When the delivery driver arrived, she thanked him as well. She helped to carry up the meal with the other girls, unable to stop herself from humming along with the song, Blood, Sweat, and Tears that she heard coming out of a practice room along the way. That was a more provocative piece that she would stay away from, but she liked the song, nonetheless.

As the girls approached an empty practice room, Ki-Tae signed in everyone's name and the time they got there. They would have to write their leaving times when they left.

Ki-Tae didn't set up her meal with the other girls. Warm-noodle-soup. It was one of her favorites though, as she loved seafood and fish. It was traditionally made with anchovy and kelp-based broth and had Korean radishes, onions, carrots, zucchini, and shiitake mushrooms creating a swirl of flavors in her mouth There was also eomuk, or fish cake, as a topping, but no beef. Usually, meats like beef and pork were reserved for special occasions if you were not as well off, or reserved for fancier places. This particular dish was traditionally eaten at times of celebration and the noodles represented a long and fulfilling life. Getting through dance class was celebration enough to warrant eating it.

"So, what were you girls thinking of choosing for your songs?" She asked as the duo finished their dishes. She had still planned to eat but was going to wait until the other two were dancing to be as time efficient as possible. Plus it would take at least two hours before the soup became cold, longer if she kept it near the heating vent. She just wanted to get started as soon as possible.

WC: 375
TWC: 7704

[Ki-Tae gets a +2 to dance]

[I'm not so sure how affection will work. I think you and I should discuss this OOC in a pm][I also will be adding songwriting, composing, and Fame to the stat list. Please check the form page for the order. Give yourselves each 15 more stat points to add where you please, but you can't have a stat be zero. Fame must remain at 1 until debut because the three of us are trainees. Please and Thank you ^^]
Firefly_Dreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:16 am

Gri-Na brought her meal over to the huge windows and sat beside them. "I'm going to eat over here if that's okay," She gazed out of the window and sighed happily, "I've always had a soft spot for city skylines." The towering buildings with multiple stories lit up the sky. The early evening city atmosphere soothed her and made her feel like everything was going to be okay.

Reluctantly, she looked away and down at the bag that carried the nourishment she was yearning for. Gri-Na carefully took out her food and took a deep breath in — appreciating the warm aroma. "Yum." She murmured quietly.

Closing her eyes, she picked up the final piece of vegetable kimbap using chopsticks and dipped it in the dark sauce, making satisfied noises as she placed it on her tongue in her mouth, "So good! I feel energised and ready to go!" Gri-Na exclaimed, the corners of her mouth creasing into a grin.

"Honestly, I was thinking about dancing to TWIT by the one and only Hwa Sa," Gri-Na responded (her voice increasing in pitch as she mentioned the singer's name), "Honestly, I love her."

WC: 191
TWC: 2,946

[I don't know if you saw my previous note, Firefly, but what do you think about Gri-Na having an incident whilst dancing in front of the instructor? Then, she gets a bit more time to prepare for the next performance as a second chance? If that's how it works? Again, you decide since your role-play the instructors.]
Seall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єℓσqυєи¢є » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:14 am

"Ah, I love that song! It puts me in the best mood and gets me off the couch and on my feet. TWIT is an amazing song choice," Einna praised Gri-Na. "And I love Hwa Sa too! Her voice is amazing." Einna wasn't lying. She always admired Hwa Sa's confidence with her music and looks, and secretly wanted to be like her too.

"I kind of want to use an english song," Einna admitted to her friends. "There are a few slow songs I know that I really like the meaning of, and I think I could create something really good with it. Back in America, I took a modern dance and choreography course at my arts school, so I could reuse some of the dances I made back then. What do you guys think?"

Before Ki-Tae and Gri-Na could answer, Einna went on the contemplate the cons. "Although I'm not sure how the dance instructor would react to me using an English song. Plus, even if I recycle my old work it will be hard to polish it all together in one night. But I'm not familiar with many kpop dances, so it might be simpler to do an english song? Ah, I don't know."

Einna realized she was hogging all the discussion time by rambling. "Sorry, that was a lot. Anyways, what song were you thinking of doing Ki-Tae?"

WC: 231
TWC: 5630

[AHH sorry for this being so late, the road trip became an overnight trip and I just got back home :'(]
[I'd like to roll a stat die please!]
єℓσqυєи¢є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefly_Dreamer » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:05 am

"Well, If I could choose an American song, I would choose AJR's Weak, probably with both choreographies from Alyson Stoner and Erica Klein as they cover different parts of the song." Ki-Tae mused. "Although Shawn Mendes's Nothing Holding Me Back and Doja Cat's Boss B**** have great beats, I would have to find a good choreography for them though. For the latter, MIJU's choreography is pretty good though."

Ki-Tae took a moment to stop and think. "I'm sure there will be plenty of chances to use some of those songs elsewhere, though." She mentioned. "I think I'll go with the Doja Cat one. Hopefully the profanity won't get me thrown out. Maybe I can find a clean version..."

"I Like your idea, though, Einna, though I worry that if you don't list the choreographer or if you say you've choreographed it yourself, you might get in trouble. The teacher might think you are improvising. Hmmm... perhaps we could teach you a dance?" Ki-Tae came up with an idea. "Yeah, if there's a song you like and we know the choreo or if we find the choreo we can all work together to help you learn it!"

WC: 196
TWC: 7900

[Einna gets a +3 to stats]

[You are all good, Arcanus]
[I believe pmed you Seall! <3]
Firefly_Dreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Gri-Na smiled and nodded to Einna, "Such a strong vocalist." She remarked as the pair of them exchanged their enthusiasm concerning Hwa Sa.

"No, it's fine!" She responded to Einna's apology, "I agree. It would be very difficult to come up with a whole choreography in one night. I honestly think doing a Korean song would be safer although learning the dance overnight would be challenging..." Gri-Na's voice trailed off, not knowing what to suggest. She did know about popular English songs, but Korean music was definitely her strong point, seeing as she spent her whole life in the country. 'Perhaps she could quickly learn an existing choreography from the internet?' Gri-Na thought, but she didn't want to interrupt Einna and Ki-Tae as they were discussing potential song choices.

And then, Ki-Tae's words 'perhaps we could teach you a dance?' yanked her back to reality. "Yes! That's an amazing idea!" She clasped her hands together and her face lit up, "What song would you like to learn the choreography to?" Gri-Na asked Einna. Gri-Na looked forward to the prospect of teaching her friend a dance especially since dancing was one of her passions.

WC: 194
TWC: 3,140

[Please may I role a stat die?]
Seall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єℓσqυєи¢є » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 am

Einna's heart fluttered at the suggestion. "Wow, yeah that would be so fun! Let's do it." She took out her phone and opened her Spotify app to look through her playlists. She found a few songs that she liked, but when she tried to find dances for them there were either none or they weren't solo pieces.

"Agh, maybe I should look for something more upbeat," Einna mused to herself. She thought of a song she had listening to frequently, River by Bishop Briggs. Hesitantly, she searched up river bishop briggs dance and came across this video.

"Woah, come look at this Ki-Tae and Gri-Na!" she said to her friends. Einna played the video, and a woman in heels started dancing, surrounded by a crowd. The longer the video played, the more Einna loved the choreography and emotion the dancer displayed through her movements and facial expressions.

Einna turned to her friends and said "Wasn't that amazing? I think we should do it! Although, I'm not too sure about dancing in heels. We should probably worry about learning the dance first though..." her voice trailed off. Einna realized she was asking a lot from her friends, as they still had to learn and practice their own dances too. She didn't want to burden them or get them in trouble with the dance instructor. "I mean, you guys also need to learn your own dances too right? So maybe we should go off on our own to learn the movements, and we can come back to give pointers and fix any mistakes we see in each others' performances."

WC: 274
TWC: 5904
єℓσqυєи¢є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me