➤ The Maze Runner rp

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: ➤ The Maze Runner rp

Postby poppyxoxo » Sun May 30, 2021 12:16 pm

IDUNN - location: cafeteria - mentions: Alex - tags: Lee

Around her everyone seemed to be captured by their own conversations to it was easy for Idunn to stay out of attention. She felt a pair of eyes on her but it was only Lee, so she didn't worry. Idunn chose an empty seat beside Alex so that she was facing Lee. She placed her elbows on the table, her hands supporting her head. Her eyes drifted past Lee, towards the guards that watched over the groups of people. It almost seemed like they were keeping them in. The thought made her nervous and so she returned her gaze to Lee just in time to hear is joke. "Well, a rebel is a rebel for a reason" Idunn pointed out in return, matching the teasing tone. She swivelled her head towards Alex. Game night, what was that?

She was aching to get out and explore or to at least distract herself from the past twenty four hours. Her head was empty which gave her more alone time with the pain that numbly throbbed from her wound. A distraction would be an easy way out of this.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Ambereyes_ » Sun May 30, 2021 8:46 pm

𝐀 𝐝 𝐚

Kili had a point, she was physically exhausted. ‘Well, I may not stay the whole time, but I do feel like it would be good for me,’ she leant back on her chair and stretched out her arms, ‘Coffee? Never heard of that before.’ She paused for a moment, ‘It’s weird, I hardly remember anything since I arrived at my Maze. I know some of the girls I was with remembered bits and pieces, but Amelia and I, we couldn’t remember anything. It was like a blank space that I don’t think will ever be filled.’ Ada creased her brow as she thought, ‘I guess I can't do anything about it.’ She let out a little laugh at the end to make it not seem so serious.

She crossed her arms on the table and rested her chin on top of them, ‘I did have some breakfast, and I got a sandwich. I haven’t really had an appetite lately. Although, I have had a lot of water, so at least I have something in my system.

Image Image

_Ambereyes_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Mon May 31, 2021 3:38 pm

𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐈
[male]..[17]..[heterosexual]..[cook]..[location: cafeteria]..[mentions: cassie, tag]..[tags: ada]..
────────────────────────────────────────
This time around, Kili did nothing more than raise his brows upward and tilt his head up in an uncompleted nod-like way. "All right," he murmured, giving in easily. He didn't want to point out that their conversation had just rotated in a complete circle, because he had a feeling that would likely sound rude. Especially because Ada was tired, and Kili knew from experience that girls ─ most of them in his Maze, anyway ─ overreacted when they were tired. They couldn't help it, Kili knew that too, but words' meanings ended up getting twisted and it was just one big thing. Although Kili had also gathered a good amount of patience ─ even more than he naturally had in him ─ to handle it, he wasn't really feeling that right now. And he wasn't sure Ada was, either. The paleness in her face was telling him to let it go altogether. And he did, without complaint.

"One of the cooks here told me about it!" he chirped. "It kinda has a bit of a bitter taste to it, but you can make it warm or iced and you can add different flavours to it. It makes me a bit jittery─" he shrugged casually─ "but it's not bad." Kili hadn't ever been embarrassed over his curiosity towards foods. He used to bake for the girls in his Maze whenever his requests for sugary ingredients were approved. It smelled good, tasted good, and there was so much to do with it. Although he didn't miss having to get up before the sun woke to get breakfast going.

His chocolate-coloured eyes flickered back over to her at her thoughtful tone. "I don't really, either," he admitted. "Kinda sucks, hey? I'd like to know where I came from before I came up in the Box." He watched her a second longer, then glanced over his shoulder, eyes skimming over the guards. "These guys remember," Kili continued, more confidently this time. "I know they do." His mind skipped back to the petite medical girl who had given him some Advil when he had a headache. She had been eyeing him strangely, blankly, like she knew him, which was weird, because her face didn't ring a bell whatsoever. He had told himself to ask her what the looks had been for, but that slowly died off. After all, he was a boy in an all-girls Maze, that was surely enough to send a quizzing look his way. Still, even though he wasn't going to say anything, something about her stuck with him, and he hadn't a clue what that was.

Clearing his throat, as if that was going to reel his mind back in, Kili shifted in his seat and faced Ada once more. "Maybe they could tell us something," he mumbled, as if he hadn't just had a moment of silence between this sentence and his last.
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kellybelly1403 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm

Bree
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(Female) (Seventeen) (Straight) (Second In Command/Slicer) (Cafe -> Hall) (Tags:Emma) (Mentions: Alastairtags)

Bree watched the range of emotions explore the girl's face, although none were positive. At least she didn’t think so. It worried her a bit. Was this going to happen all the time when they speak? Did Emma lose her trust in Bree from their fight? The blonde wanted to ask but she knew this was neither the time nor place, it had to wait.

When the auburn broke her silence, Bree’s heart skipped. That question she wishes she could say no to. The girl wished she could go back in time and not watch. The pictures, and the videos shown were now scarred in her mind. Something she would never unsee. All the dead bodies piled on one another, not to mention all of them being extremely burnt and full of the disease. Bree was glad Emma hadn’t seen it, the poor girl wouldn’t have been able to stomach seeing all of the graphic scenes, even though she’s a Med-Jack. The blonde nodded and hesitantly grabbed her arm before pulling her into the hallway, allowing them to have more privacy. She felt bad literally pulling Emma out of her conversation with Alastair but she wasn’t too comfortable in the cafe with all of those people and loud noise. Once the two girls were alone Bree spoke up. “I did, but...” she paused looking down at the ground. “The video isn’t something you want to watch Emma”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cassie
(Female) (Fourteen) (Straight) (WCKD employee) (Cafe) (Tags: Kenn, Silas) (Mentions: Tags)

Cassie nodded in response, she was thankful that Kenn was allowing her to head off towards Silas. It wasn’t often the two of them hung out, especially now with all the new Maze kids. It was nice for the girl to have alone time here and there, as she liked being by herself, but once in a while she needed company and actual social time, and her friend always had interesting topics. “Thank you, if you need anything, don't hesitate to come to get me.” She politely said before heading in her friend’s direction.

Silas was quietly sitting there, with his laptop untouched when she arrived, sitting in the chair across from him. “I brought you a roll” She stated, handing him the dinner roll in a napkin making sure none of her food or herself touched it. She knew how much he despised germs, he practically lectured her every day about it. She cut up her pieces of chicken, making sure not to cause the knife to scrape against the plate. She hated that sound, every time that high pitch-nails on a chalkboard sound came, it made her whole body cringe and tremble. “Any reason why you have your laptop here? You know we’re not supposed to bring our items out...especially not ones used for research” She question, making her tone quiet, into a whisper to make sure no one around them heard. She didn’t elaborate any more on what type of research, as Silas already knew, and if there was a Maze Kid who happened to hear their conversation they would still have no clue on what they were talking about.
kellybelly1403

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Mon May 31, 2021 4:34 pm

𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀
[female]..[16]..[demi/heterosexual]..[medjack keeper]..[location: cafeteria -> hallway]..[mentions: tag]..[tags: bree]..
Silence continued to consume them. At this point, it felt as though there was a protective layer of plexiglass over top of Bree's and Emma's heads, like they were in an invisible igloo, creating a bordering sheet between the audio throughout the cafeteria and the slight bit of distance between and around them. The voices were foggy, muggy, though still evidently around in the distance, even though they were so squished together that Emma wouldn't be surprised if she reached out and brushed her fingertips across someone's shoulder blade. Bree's face was monotonous, unreadable; a blank sheet of paper, neither willing nor unwilling to let ink sprawl across its surface. Glass, translucent, nearly opaque. A stranger with a familiar face. A mirror, at this rate; Emma was sure her own expressions were all-too-similar to what Bree was showing right now. She didn't know what to do. Moving even just the slightest bit in any direction seemed weird, mostly because she'd become a skittish, capricious deer obtained by a hunting gun's scope; Bree's intense gaze. And yet, through it all, the anger that had been splashed across her earlier wasn't present, or, at least Emma wasn't able to sense or see it. There was nothing there. And on Emma's end, she couldn't feel anything, either. Numbness, but without the discomfort. Nothing at all.

She coughed quickly, choking as she accidentally inhaled a breath a bit too sharply. One hand went to her chest and she rubbed it gently to relieve the stinging from the awkward entrance of oxygen, the other going limp as Bree grabbed hold of it. As limp as the hose the Track-Hoes dragged out into the fields every day, Emma allowed Bree to drag her outside. She shot Alastair and Kade the quickest of glances, too quick for them to read, too quick for her to figure out what it meant, before focusing up ahead, determined not to trip.

Outside the cafeteria was surprisingly chilly, and Emma tugged her jean shorts down as goosebumps sprinkled her pale skin. She'd change after this. She wanted to nap, and doing that in jeans wasn't the most comfortable thing. She stifled a yarn; it hurt her throat, but she was worried that Bree might take the yawn as a sign of disinterest. In reality, Emma was simply exhausted, and she was pale and delicate enough that she was sure it was written all over her facial features, but everything had turned into a "just in case" scenario, towards Bree and everyone else. She was walking on eggshells; she trusted the Gladers with all her heart, but this place had sent her mind into one big jittery question mark. They were family, though they were strangers at the same time. She didn't know where she was anymore. Who she was. Bleary faces all around. She swayed, then, and toppled back into the wall ━ thankfully it was the wall, because the doors were push-to-open. The back of her head began to pound once again after she registered the fact that the bottom of her skull had just collided against the cold knock-off bricks. What hurt more were Bree's words, which were foggy and had taken an extra second to process, no thanks to the weird buzzing that had begun to trickle into her audio senses.

Bree didn't really mean that, right? Not in that way. Emma didn't want to start a fight again. She was exhausted. Even if she wasn't so tired that she could quite literally pass out right now, she didn't want to argue anymore. Not with Bree, especially. Maybe she'd just processed it wrong, maybe Bree had just said it wrong. So Emma kept her voice as low as she could; it was a mouse's squeaky. Shy, though if listened to close enough, it was evident that there was gratefulness for the blonde's concern. "The video was something we all had to watch. That's why they showed it to us. It couldn't have been a mistake..." Her words were thoughtful, not harsh, not lecturing. Curious, as if she was talking to herself and trying to figure this all out. "There's no other reason... Right?" Her gaze softened, and she met Bree's eye. "Bree, I want to know this stuff. You don't need to protect me." She hesitated, then very slowly reached out her hand. "Really. I mean it. I want to know what's happening here. With the video. With you. Talk to me." Her hazel eyes then flitted up about half an inch or so, eyeing Bree's hair. "And your hair. Oh, Bree." A raspy laugh sounded from within her throat. "What did you do." It was a question, though formed like a comment, mostly because Emma wasn't really looking for a definitive answer. "Do you want me to help you with it?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐒
[male]..[18]..[bisexual]..[wckd employee]..[location: cafeteria]..[mentions: kennedy, tag]..[tags: cassie]..
Although Silas had his laptop out and turned on, he was lazily dragging his index finger across the touchpad, watching as his mouse danced back and forth. What was the reason for this again? He'd completely forgotten. Well, he was here now, so the most exciting thing he could do was stalk the kids in the room. Not literally, of course, but with their files. Sitting upright, only to slouch back over once again, Silas rested one hand against his forehead and used the other to open up some documents. And, once again, he found his gaze blurring as he drifted off into la-la-land. Boredom was a nasty little bugger.

Snapping out of it a few seconds later, he closed the apps he had opened, then looked up ahead, watching as people walked in and out of the doorways. Silas's brows furrowed closer together as he watched Cassie, who was not too far away, part from Kennedy. Eyes lingering on the Glade girl who was practically dragging herself in another direction, he let a frown play at his lips the moment Cassie was a decent distance away. "What did you say to that one?" he questioned, nodding towards the caramel-haired girl. "She looks like she's about to cry or something. You always have been an angel with your words, hm?" His tone had turned to a thick sarcasm, and he tipped his head towards the side as if he had just made a point before reaching out to lower his laptop screen. It wasn't enough to shut off, but that way he could have a slightly better view of what was in front of him. Or, rather, who[i]. He cupped his jaw with his hands, propping his elbows on the table. "And what is up with [i]you, you little antisocial caterpillar? This is weird. Why are you being weird?" His hazel-brown eyes widened a bit more as she passed over the warm roll, and he straightened up slowly, hands folding out in front of him before reaching across to grab the food. "You..." He started, wagging his finger at her. "You are a wonderful person, you know that? This─" he motioned to the food before making a puckering sound with his lips─ godsend. A gift from heaven."

He unpeeled the napkin, watching as she delicately cut into her chicken. "Oh, what's the worst they could do? Look, they may've stuck me in some dusty old corner of the place, but I'm not entirely useless. I've got all the Right Arm tea." He took a bite of the food, appreciating it a bit too much; Silas felt like he hadn't had a decent bit of food in days. "But seriously, why are you here? You always eat in your room." He side-eyed her before adding, "Not that I mind or anything, 'course. You're tolerable."
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Ambereyes_ » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:01 pm

𝐀 𝐝 𝐚

Mentions:

'I’ve never heard of anything like that, it sounds interesting though.’ She shrugged, ‘Maybe I’ll try some later. Oh, they also have this thing called hot chocolate - I’m not sure if you’ve seen it, but it’s really delicious.’

Ada nodded, ‘Oh, of course they know. They put us in those Mazes, I bet they have so many secrets.’ She thought for a second longer, ‘And I want to find out, I wanna know why they put us there, where Amelia is, what is behind all those closed doors. I want to know those secrets.’ She looked back at Kili, ‘We hardly know anything, and they know more about ourselves then we do. I know it, I can see it too.’ ‘I don’t trust them. All I need is to find Amelia, but if I do something too soon and don't think it through - I could make something worse.’ She looked towards the guards and whispered to herself, ‘I don’t trust them.’

Image Image

_Ambereyes_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:55 pm

K A D E❄️

Tags:Alastair | Role:Keeper of the Builders | Location:WCKD, Cafeteria

Kade nodded. He’d seen his friend, but hadn’t wanted to leave the conversation. He didn’t get the chance to talk to Alastair much, even though they’d been working in the same field. He hadn’t known how well he’d get along with the other boy, but so far, as it turned out, pretty well! "Yeah, I did. He came in a couple minutes ago and... it looks like he’s okay, so I’ll catch up with him when I get the chance. I’ll leave him to find food for now. He probably isn’t eager for a bunch of questions just out of the infirmary or wherever they took him when I dropped him off," he pointed out.

Newt ❁

Tags: Emersyn | Role: Leader | Location:WCKD, Cafeteria

"It makes sense. Just the feeling of something... eerie?" Newt summarized. "That although it looks simple, there’s an underlying factor you know but can’t place." That was an even more disturbing feeling than when they knew what the threats in front of them were, he couldn’t help but think. When she asked about posing a question, Newt nodded, gesturing for her to continue on, although she was speaking before he even had. His gaze softened. He’d thought about it a hundred times, and what he’d expected wasn’t this. "I think I get what you mean," he agreed. "I liked to imagine, even when we thought there was no way out. I liked to imagine that maybe when we got out... we’d have the chance to run free, to get out in what’s left of the world and find wherever it is we belong, the people we belong with, if we had anyone. It woulda been easier if we had our memories, of course, but whatever I was expecting... I didn’t get it. I don’t think THIS is what ANY of us envisioned. You’re not bein' dramatic. It’s alright. Everyone's confused, nobody really knows what’s goin' on. I'm pretty sure everyone is in the same boat around here."

Alex✫

Tags: Lee, Idunn | Role:Med-Jack | Location:WCKD, Cafeteria

"I swore someone mentioned something about a game night somewhere." Alex frowned and her face flushed. She must’ve sounded as if she were spouting nonsense all of a sudden, and that was the LAST thing she needed. "Ignore me. I must’ve gotten confused somewhere down the line with all the chatter around here." That was worrisome. Was she imagining things now? Or heard someone wrong somewhere? She opted for the latter. Better than worrying she was going mad. Her gaze fixed on Idunn, expression softening. "How're you holding up after everything? I know stuff must be terribly confusing. You didn’t even have time to settle in and get to know many people before we had to run off and make our escape."
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kellybelly1403 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Bree
(Female) (Seventeen) (Straight) (Second In Command/Slicer) (Hall) (Tags:Emma) (Mentions:tags)

Bree saw the hurt in the girl's face once she mentioned the video. “No, no that’s not what I meant,” she frantically blurted out, “I mean it was but not what you think.” Her tone returned back to her soft apologetic voice. She knew as soon as she spoke out about the video it was worded wrong. The blonde never meant for it to sound like that, and maybe if she formed the sentence out before speaking Emma wouldn’t be upset. But yet again Bree had to ruin something. She was well aware of Emma wanting to know these things but there has and always be that protective mother-like part in her towards Emma. The auburn hair girl was right though, it wasn’t a mistake they watched it. What the video stated, what Ava Paige stated, was all too valuable. The information she gave the Gladers about the Flare and about their test subjects, those being the kids, although it wasn’t much it was still enough for the Gladers to understand what happened and how they got to where they were.

Bree starred at the ground, ashamed, before looking back up into the girl’s hazel eyes. “I know you do, but the videos...” she trailed off, her voice now quiet. She didn't have the heart to tell her but she knew Emma was going to one way or another. She allowed her friend to grab her hand and was instantly relaxed. It was comforting. Her soft hands against Bree's rough hands brought her home, back to the Glade. Back where everyone was safe. But where everyone felt like a family. Back where Bree was happy.

“They were all dead Emma. The people in the video...they all died” she said in a hurt tone, although her eyes stayed clear as if they were dead. The flashback from the message played in her mind. Then the final gunshot ringed in her ears. “The Earth was scorched by the sun which killed billions. And then a virus, a deadly virus came from that. It turns people Emma.” She informed her friend, with fear in her voice. “You know what we saw in the Maze with Minho, Alby and so many others. It doesn’t do justice to what’s happening now.” She tightened her grip just a bit, not enough to hurt but just enough to comfort herself.

Bree’s hands immediately released her hands and raised them to her hair to which she cut. She had completely forgotten what happened, nor could she remember. Had that just happened? It must have as she had long hair when she showered earlier that morning. “I uh...” She trailed off, not too sure how to answer that as she ran her fingers through her hair.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cassie
(Female) (Fourteen) (Straight) (WCKD employee) (Cafe) (Tags: Silas) (Mentions: Tags)

WRITING TOMORROW!!! I"M FALLING ASLEEP AHA
kellybelly1403

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:52 pm

ALASTAIR - location: cafeteria - tagging: Kade

"OK, well that's a welcome sign that he can't be hurt than. Your mates ok which is the important thing" Alastair agreed, fixing his dark eyes on his fellow Glader. He knew that his words were slightly absent but the wave of worry had yet to subside and it distracted him. He also felt a pang of guilt for his friends, the ones they had to leave behind, the ones that had lost their lives out there. He squeezed his eyes shut for just a moment, rubbing them with his fingers.

IDUNN - location: cafeteria - tagging: Alex

Idunn thought the question over in her mind for a long time, contemplating her true feelings along with how to answer. "I think I'm doing a lot better than you guys would be. I did get knocked around a bit but other than that I'm... fine" she finally answered, a soft smile settling onto her face although it was considerably sad. "And you? You seem to be mostly ok, right?" she asked, her eyes scanning the girl for just a moment.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:49 pm

𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀
[female]..[16]..[demi/heterosexual]..[medjack keeper]..[location: hallway outside caf]..[mentions: tag]..[tags: bree]..
Emma was at a stand-still, her back still pressed right up against the wall. Even though her body was stiff (and to such a degree that she was really starting to feel the tension in her muscles), it was more so because of the fact that she was physically shaking from the lack of solids in her body than because she was standing outside the cafeteria one-on-one with Bree. She still couldn't picture anything. The Flare... She had come to the loose conclusion that it was an illness or something like that, and based on the evident hesitation that sprawled across Bree's features when she tried forming a sentence regarding the topic, something about it wasn't pretty. No sickness was pleasant, Emma knew that, but if Bree, who was a trained Slicer, was squirmish over the topic, then something was up. Another part of her was warning her that she indeed did not want to see the video. Although Emma had worked with some pretty nasty gashes in the past, dealing with blood didn't hit her the way it did to see someone struggling. Minho. Alby. She had to watch them on a day-to-day basis, fighting weakly for their lives. Their pained groans, uncomfortable twitches, and uneasy whimpers tore at her heartstrings. Was this the same thing? No... Right? They didn't have the Flare travelling about in the Glade.

But did the Grievers carry it? Were they the ones to spread it? Was that why the Maze doors closed at night? To protect them from getting injected with it? That didn't seem to add up either, because Emma didn't believe those creatures would be travelling around the facility they were currently in, attacking everyone in sight. That one, that small one, it had WCKD written right across it. She had managed to see that much before she was knocked unconscious. Goosebumps shot up across her pale arms, and her insides turned to ice. "Bree?" she murmured, the slightest tremble in her voice. She wasn't sure if it was because she was nervous or because she hadn't eaten and was desperately craving something now. "How much does WCKD know about the Flare?" Was this what Bree knew about? She supposed now it made sense, if that was the case. WCKD created the Grievers. WCKD currently was housing all of the Maze escapees. WCKD was protecting them from the Flare. But, if the Grievers were the ones that transmitted it, then was WCKD plotting something?

If at all possible, her blood turned even chillier at Bree's soft words. She couldn't seem to wrap her head around it, and she was sure that the way she was blankly staring at Bree ━ or, right through her, it seemed ━ indicated she was still a bit behind. Maybe that was because Emma was unable to picture any other setting than the one they were currently in and the Glade. The outside world. It couldn't have been super long ago, because Emma and the other Gladers were alive and well. In a place by themselves... Without... "Oh my God." Her voice shook completely this time, and her bottom lip quivered a bit. What did that mean? Were they the only ones left? What did that mean for them now? How was it that they were able to live and work freely in the Glade when the sun killed off so many? She wasn't able to answer her questions quickly enough, and, pressing the palms of her hands to her throbbing temple, Emma shut her eyes, rocking her head back and forth slowly, as if hoping that would ease the discomfort up above. Then she looked over at Bree once more, settling her gaze back on the uneven strands of hair. "You didn't hurt yourself doing that, right?" she asked, her tone still delicate and dainty; lost, no longer fully aware of her surroundings or her state of consciousness.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐘𝐍
[female]..[18]..[demi/bisexual]..[runner]..[location: cafeteria]..[mentions: tag]..[tags: newt]..
Like before, Emersyn provided nothing more than another helpless shrug at first, eyes zoned in on her fidgeting hands; a disobedient child under the harsh gaze of an unimpressed teacher. She was skeptical of everything, even she knew that. Her anxiety was on high alert and she was jumping at everything; this was certainly just a side-effect or something. Everyone else around her seemed so happy. Giggles and shouts abrupted like an active volcano, and she felt like an outsider, the outcast that was tossed aside because they dimmed the mood. Truth be told, Emersyn wasn't too sure at this rate why Newt was still talking to her, considering the fact that he was always so positive, and she, well, not so much, though she supposed it had been her decision to join him. And he was too polite to ask her to go. She'd excuse herself, if anything.

Her head drooped slightly as a vast bit of fatigue slammed into her. Resting her arms on the table so that her forearms laid against the cold surface, Emersyn rested her head against them, momentarily closing her eyes. It was difficult to do that, though, for the copious amounts of unfamiliar sounds spooked her like a wild animal brought into the wrong environment at the wrong time. She palmed her squeezed eyes, as if putting pressure against it would suddenly jolt her awake, then tipped her head so that her chin was resting against her knuckles, allowing her gaze to find its way back to the blond across the table. The shaking had commenced again, although she was fairly confident that it wasn't too visible based on the way she was resting. Her leg, however, bounced anxiously under the table. It seemed the adrenaline racing through her veins wouldn't take a break, and it was almost beginning to make her feel feverish. She jolted upright as an uncomfortable shiver rushed down her spine.

"I just want to go home," she murmured, her tone cracking, and she cringed at the vulnerability that was slipping past her inner guards. What even was home? She had no idea what she craved upon making that statement; did she want to return to the Glade, a familiar place, or home-home, with family ─ if she even had any ─ in another part of this world. As awful as it sounded, Emersyn didn't think it would be too difficult to get up and leave the Gladers. She'd felt like an outcast for most of her life, anyway, so what difference would it make now? One less body meant less trouble for them. She was beginning to suspect that this uneasiness probably had a bit to do with the fact that she wasn't used to laying around the way she was; in the Glade, it was run, run, run, and now, nothing.

Resting her chin in the palms of her hands again, feeling utterly restless and jittery, she narrowed her eyes slightly, as if deeply observing him. "If you had the chance to go ━" she spoke slowly, thoughtfully ━ "go to your family, or somewhere promising, would you? We're all practically strangers anyway, right? You don't know me and I don't know you. And if your family just so happened to be alive, and they showed up here and promised to take you home... Would you do it?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐋𝐄𝐄
[male]..[18]..[heterosexual]..[builder]..[location: cafeteria]..[mentions: tags]..[tags: idunn, alex -> dante]..
Lee's eyes travelled back and forth between the two girls, their heights nearly identical, so he didn't find himself glancing at a significantly different angle than the other. He was evidently taller than them both, anyway, so he had to cast his gaze on a downward angle regardless, but still. He wasn't an expert with people, at least nothing that wasn't spoken aloud, but he got a good feeling that Alex was feeling a bit off. She was evidently flustered, her crystal-blue eyes skimming around them as if she was at a loss for words, or as if she had forgotten where she was. Her responses weren't delayed or anything, but Lee still got the sense that she wasn't quite present with the two of them.

"Maybe," he shrugged, tipping his head back up to glance around the room. He hadn't really focused much on the conversations that were around them, but maybe she was right. Lee had a good feeling she was more in tune with the others than he and Idunn were, so he'd take her word. His hands trickled down to the pockets of his silver-grey sweats, and he looped his thumbs around the fabric. His head bobbed slightly as his words appeared to be ignored, as if they had bounced off of Idunn's forehead instead of entering her ears. He nodded curtly to himself as the two girls angled their bodies towards one another, cutting off connections with Lee himself. A'ight, then, he thought to himself. That's the end of my conversation. Although he was a bit taken aback by the sudden change in tone there, he decided against making a comment about it. He rose instead, raising his brows at the two of them with a pressed smile before departing from the table. Hands now fully in his pockets, he strolled along, rubbing his lips together as he contemplated on what to do next.

A fluttering motion of a nearby paper stuck on the wall caught his attention, and Lee side-stepped closer to it, letting his gaze settle on the bolded words. Game Night. Huh, so Alex was right. Lee was always up for some fun and mischief, and now was no different. A wicked grin settled across his features, and he continued walking, nearly tripping as he caught sight of a particular figure entering the cafeteria.

"Yooo!" he called out, audibly dragging out the word "yo" like an excited child. "Dante!" Glee had chipped into his tone, and he picked up speed, practically diving towards her, so that when he was close enough, he was able to joyfully lift her up in the air. "I'm so glad you're okay," he mumbled into the crook of her neck before setting her down carefully.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐈
[male]..[17]..[heterosexual]..[cook]..[location: cafeteria]..[mentions: tags]..[tags: ada, enoch]..
Kili piped up, cocking his head at her like an attentive puppy eagerly awaiting its next command from its beloved owner. "Anything with chocolate has to be delicious," he insisted, tone chirpy to make his asseveration much more innocent. "I'll have to ask the cooks about it later." He paused, sliding the palms of his hands against the table to stretch his back, then sat upright once again. "Or maybe now? It's gotta be more filling than water, at least?" He left the comment open-ended, so that while he wasn't going to mention it again unless she took a bite at it, it still lingered above them for a couple of extra seconds; he was worried about Ada, he really was. But it was ultimately her decision as to what she did for herself and Kili certainly wasn't going to force anything on her.

He sat back in his chair as she made a comment regarding the guards that had created a human border along the outskirts of the tables. "But do they all know?" he mused, mostly to himself, speaking in a tone that was almost dreamy, enough to imply that it was filled with undecided thought directed mostly towards his own person. He found himself leaning close to Ada again, chocolate eyes on her delicate features as she spoke. Something about the flow of her tone, the way the thoughtfulness trickled about like a river's current, really grabbed his attention. It was soothing, in a way, despite the seriousness of the conversation. She was worried, though; antsy, like a mustang that had been wrongfully captured. As he wished towards everyone else, he really just wanted to engulf her in one large hug. It wouldn't enlighten the situation, and it certainly wouldn't change her mind on the weird people of WCKD, it was enough of a reminder to show that he was still here. He remained seated, though, as she was. Instead, he let his gaze wander, stopping abruptly on one particular face. Enoch, who was currently scarfing down food, as if he had a certain time limit to graze.

"Enoch," he called out, his tone not overly loud. He didn't say anything more, though, other than continue with a smile, before turning back towards Ada. "It'll be okay," he murmured. "New place, new surroundings. Honestly? I'm not a huge fan of them either, but as long as they continue to stay back from a distance and provide us with all these things then it should be okay, I think."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items