Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

i guess i could start a war, i guess i could sleep on it

Postby sammy, » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:59 am

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii thanatos. iii seventeen. iiii tags: quest group.
iv
i diner

the weight of the fob watch that sat snug in teilo's pocket was emanating cold, a freezing circle that pressed against his leg. if it hadn't been for that, he imagined he would have flinched back at the touch mira offered him, but his mind was elsewhere, pulling emrys out with hesitant, shaking fingers.
    it was cold. it was very cold - colder than the snow outside, cold enough to make his hands feel as though they were burning, and triggering the opening function only left him more baffled. it was, ultimately, a watch. that was what it was supposed to do. a godly watch, a watch that probably wasn't meant to break. but the second hand was ticking between the tenth and the eleventh spot.
    "the doors," murmured one of the ghosts, just audible over the rustle of the group standing. he considered rushing back to the bathroom. it wasn't just the coffee. he knew that, felt the sense of 'wrong' coursing through his veins, every cell in his body alarmed at something he couldn't grasp. in a way, it made him feel a bit useless.

emrys went back into his pocket when the door opened, a shudder at the cold air. he barely had time to respond before there was a body moving in the direction of his, hands landing on his shoulders. it was too loud. there were too many eyes looking in his direction. could just flit into invisibility - but that would cause more problems than it would solve. people wouldn't take well to a boy disappearing in plain sight, not after the news of demigod children had been broken. "i don't - it's fine, it's nothing, it's just -" he started, cut off when he was dragged into a hug.

he would have pulled away. probably should have - every reasonable aspect of his mind told him that this wasn't a good thing, alarm bells sounding, but there was something else. it was quiet.
    teilo wasn't quite sure if it was the act of comfort or some power that ash held, but the blaring noises of mutters and grumbles, of a cash register dinging, of forks scraping, all melted away. just warm silence, merciful silence. he stood stunned for a moment, unsure of what to do with himself, but not soon after, his arms wrapped around ash, forehead pressing against a shoulder just an inch below his. "i don't know," he wasn't quite sure which question he was answering, but he supposed it applied to both. his voice was muffled, little. "something's really wrong." evidently.

there were eyes on them, which came as no surprise, but he didn't quite fancy drawing any more attention. "i'm okay," he murmured, head moving back a little. "should... go," there was something awkward in his tone, the realisation that he had succumbed to a moment of utter vulnerability unsettling, but not as unsettling as how easily it had happened. "fresh air." he looked between ash and the door, nerves unravelling. "i'll be fine. it's just a funny turn." he didn't let go, but moved in the direction of the door. "you're freezing."

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii zeus iii eighteen. iiii tags: astoria, nicholas, vivienne.
ivicentralia, pennsylvania.

he knew what she was trying to do. he wasn't stupid.
    but it was difficult to look away from the car wreck that was about to happen, and it was difficult to listen to anyone but her. if she was right, then he had crawled out of elysium for nothing - given up the chance for eternal paradise only to return where he wasn't welcome. it wasn't even like he could claim loyalty to his father - zeus had hung him out to dry just as equally. he hadn't got his moment of deus ex machina. his salvation had come from the bleeding horseman who stood not far from them. his dad had let him die and offered nothing but the pair of sunglasses that sat in his pocket.

he had crawled out of the all-encompassing dark and into the light, and there was a chance that he had done it for nothing. "i have nothing else," orin said. "have to at least try. otherwise everything i waited for is for nothing." the tenants in his soul were for nothing, the separation from his grandmother was for nothing. "there're people i love there." a flash of something, the hardening of his expression. "and there's not a chance i'm letting them think they've seen the last of me after that, is there?" he raised his eyebrows. "i'm not gonna let them get away with killing me with a rumour."

everything was different, that was certain. there was only a small part of his heart left that was reserved for the concept of forgiveness that had taken such a massive hold on his soul previously. he was angry. he was quite bitter. he had been let down, and they weren't going to hear the end of that. he had nothing to hide anymore. that had been it - the big reveal, the final firework in the sky, and now the pitch was level, every player on equal footing. there was no more pretending to be had. about damn time that he proved his worth as a force to be reckoned with. he had had a lot of time to hone the electricity that coursed through his cells, to train it into light shows. could certainly be more. "i'm gonna go back. there's no doubting that. whether i stick around is the question." a little smile. "i'd like to t'see the look on their faces."
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i miss my old friends, does it ever get better?

Postby indigo' » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:04 am

━━━ 𝐕𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨-𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐳
[]16|he/him|Ares|outside|tags: Aldous

Vittorio frowned in confusion for what seemed like the thousandth time that day, though his expression quickly shifted to one of curiosity as Aldous explained the ability he and his brother had. “That’s...cool.” It was a lame response, but he wasn’t sure how else to take it. He was still having difficulty believing anything around him was real, but with each new thing he felt like he was being pulled in, compelled to accept that all of this strangeness was actually real, and not a product of him pissing someone off and getting hit in the head a little too hard. “Convenient I guess. That you could get out, I mean. Not that this is much better than being trapped by...a politician.” The word came off his tongue in a tone that implied he was still having difficulty wrapping his head around the idea.

“Yeah…” He glanced around at the campers, making their way towards the makeshift infirmary, helping each other along, or still fighting the straggling undead. “Suppose you’re right.” His expression tightened at the next statement, teeth grinding together. “This isn’t…” He’d dealt with difficult family situations. He knew what it was like to have to accept the people you were related to, even if you didn’t quite fit together. This wasn’t that. These people were strangers. “I don’t know about that,” he concluded finally, once again biting his tongue to avoid saying anything insulting. “But I guess I will.”

“Yeah, you must be freezing.” He glanced over the boy’s bare arms, feeling a shiver run through himself. He hadn’t been entirely prepared for the cold weather either, but at least he had a hoodie to keep him from becoming hypothermic. “I don’t know where anything is though, so we’re gonna have to figure that out together.” He’d spent most of his time at camp so far with his nose stuck in a book, or imagining that he was back at home. Looking at the situation now, it was possible he could have been preparing himself better, but it was too late to worry about that. “This way?” he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the cabin circle.

━━━ 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧 𝐎’𝐑𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲
[]17|he/him|Zeus|outside|tags: Mateo, Robyn

“There’s…” The question of how many injured made him pause, brow furrowing with concern. A lot. The conversation he’d had with Riley upon his arrival came back to the forefront of his mind, the revelation of how many had been lost in the Big House collapse. Surely those numbers had only gone up. “I’m not sure,” he admitted. “Hopefully not.” It was likely that there were hurt campers from every cabin, but pointing that out wouldn’t help the situation. They’d find out soon enough.

Collin glanced up at the question, his gaze landing on the stunned and panicked creatures as if he’d only just noticed their strange behaviour. “That...I also don’t know.” He felt a pang of guilt for the lack of answers he was able to provide, but it wasn’t like he was withholding information, he was in essentially the same boat as the other two.

The son of Hephaestus said something in Spanish again, without any keywords to clue him in this time. He figured it would have been rude to ask, but luckily, an explanation was provided. “Not at all.” He nodded to Robyn before glancing back at Mateo, clapping him on the shoulder. “Take care, alright? We don’t need anyone else getting hurt.” He turned his attention back to Robyn. “Off we go then?” He began to lead the way towards the safety of the cabins, then glanced over, a frown crossing his face. “Are you sure you’re alright? You must be freezing. Do you want my hoodie?” There was a lot coming out of his mouth at once, she already seemed nervous and he didn’t mean to overwhelm the girl. He offered an apologetic smile. “Sorry, I sound like my nana.” The smile faltered briefly. “Here.” He shrugged the hoodie off and held it out to her.

━━━ 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
[]16|he/him|Iris|Ma’s Diner|tags: quest group

Jamie listened to the conversation regarding the news article with wide eyes, his hands nervously fidgeting with a napkin on the table in front of him, methodically tearing at the edges. “But that’s ridiculous!” he piped up finally. “Why would anyone believe that?” It seemed that he wasn’t the only one feeling anxious now, the nervous energy of the group palpable in the air.

Something seemed to have an effect on Teilo, whether it had been the news of the politician or not was unclear, but it was evident that things were wrong--a lot of things. Jamie kept his mouth shut as the group made to leave, following the others towards the door with his head clouded by worries and his stomach full of dread.
indigo'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Open & Accepting!

Postby *Lovel* » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:06 pm

〖 ☾ 〗Ash Davis〖 ☾ 〗

Son of Hypnos ☼☽ Cabin 15 ☼☽ 17 ☼☽ Bisexual

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
Tags: Teilo and Quest Group

Ash didn't expect Teilo to hug him back, he didn't seem like that type of person but after a moment or two Teilo's arms wrapped around him. He couldn't help the feeling of shock although he didn't make it known. Teilo had layed his head on Ash's shoulder and Ash debated laying his own head on top of his, he was warm and that way Ash could close his eyes for a moment but he decided against it. Something definitely did seem wrong "We'll figure it out." He said keeping the soft tone but kept it hushed.

He could feel the eyes of the people in the diner burning into them, some were probably judgmental, curious even, but the stares didn't bother him. But not everyone was comfortable holding attention though like he was.You don't seem ok Teilo pulled his head away a bit. "Fresh air" "Of course" he said searching the boys eyes as if they could tell him what exactly happened. "A funny turn" He repeated to himself trying to decide if it's good or bad.

Teilo was pushing them to the door Ash gave him no resistance. He wanted out of there too, the burning sensation becoming more uncomfortable by the minute. He let go with one arm but still kept the other on him into his shoulder. "You guys did take a bloody long time eating" He said with a smirk developing on his face and closed the little space between them. He hadn't noticed how cold he actually was until that moment numbed by memories and worry. The cold hit him like a slap in the face as they stepped back outside, the feeling was bittersweet. He rubbed his eyes with his free hand, the burning slowly starting to simmer down.

His stomach growled "Did you happen to grab me something to eat?" He asked leading them to the Pegasus'. Jellybean snorted upon their arrival and sniffed the air almost hoping for something to eat himself. Ash ignored the pitch black beast, he was still worried about Teilo but was happy about the small break through that occurred. A warmth in the depths of his heart ignited, something he thought would be long gone since the last time he had felt it. The feeling was strange yet welcoming at the same time.

『❄❅』 Aydan Hunt『❅❄』

Son of Khione ☃ Cabin 22 ☃ 16 ☃ Heterosexual

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Tags: Ana

Daughter of Khione, so she is my sister. she didn't smile back at him but that's ok. If he was her age he probably wouldn't be able to smile during these circumstances either. So she came here to hide, probably a good idea. It was rough out there. Probably for the best to be honest, it was crazy out there." he pretty much echoed his thoughts to her. He blushed, embarrassed that she caught onto him being in pain, though a blind person probably could tell.

"Oh me, I'm fine. Just a little cut on my back is all." he didn't need her worrying about him. "I got some from a guy named Finn in the Apollo cabin." he said pulling out the baggy of squares from his hoodie pocket. He didn't know what ambrosia was but took a guess that the squares were it. "I was told not to pop these sugar cubes in my mouth whole like candy." he said examining the contents in the bag. weird how these little cubes could heal you so fast, though at this point that really shouldn't shock him.

▶ ▷ ☁ ◁◀Emerson "Emmie" Grey ▶ ▷ ☁ ◁◀

Daughter of Zeus ☂ Cabin 1 ☂ 16 ☂ Heterosexual

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags: Conan

He wasn't wrong, she knew that but Emerson still couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness. She would've tried to help him in anyway. maybe it wouldn't have healed him but at least he wouldn't have had to suffer the realization alone. At least he could've had one person beside him so he didn't feel lonely in his suffering. People do weird things when they're facing death. She let the words hang in the chilled air for a moment. "I just wish he didn't have to go through it alone." she said, the words followed by a sniffle.

"You sure?" the question was probably silly to ask, Conan obviously wasn't going to let her give him the hoodie. "Yeah, we have Vivienne to thank for that." she took in the bright white snow around them. Cliff Richard? the mention of the name was probably an attempt at a joke that probably would've been funny if she knew who the guy was. She offered him a warm smile, unsure if she should laugh.

Emerson listened to his argument, it was a fair point but after this long could she really be that selfish? The people around her had bigger problems, hers were insignificant. Others needed help more than she had. "I-" she started but didn't know how to continue.I'm not worth the help when others need it. She couldn't tell him that, she'd get told that's crazy thinking and maybe it was but she didn't want someone to say it to her out loud. "We are an organized mess." she said with a grin.

There he went again with the compliments "You're a charming one aren't you?" her eyes narrowed playfully at him. "Nice to meet you too Conan, son of Janus." he took her hand and shook it, though the handshake was cut short as he froze. His eyes changed color then he let go. His eyes returned to normal and he started to apologize that was broken by a cough. "My future? What did you see?" she was confused then the realization hit her that he didn't look good. "Wanna... uh... go to my cabin? You can lay on my bed and I can sit on the floor." she offered awkwardly. Two boys in your cabin, on your bed, in one day? What would Orin think? she ignored the thoughts racing in circles in her mind. Just say you are trying to be nice her mouth didn't bother to sputter the words out though.

Steven Grant.Marc Spector.Khonshu.

*Lovel*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawneypelt0504 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:02 am

Cassandra Peters|19|Hermes|Head Counselor|Demi-bisexual|Loc:Outside Athena cabin|Tags/Mentions:Nathan,Edgar,Open
"No, no you're fine"Cass reassured Nathan as he set the backpack he had found and began to sort through it. She appreciated that he was concerned about her although in her mind this wasn't that big of a deal. " I've been through worse" Cass thought to herself although she figured best not to share that with how concerned Nathan was with her well-being. "It was just a stray venti Edgar helped chase it off" Cass explained still holding her burned arm Not that I did much to helpCass thought tensing slightly at the thought of how helpless she was at that moment. She still kept a ginger hold on her wounded arm it didn't hurt as much as when the venti first touched her but her arm was still in pretty bad shape. Cass glanced over at Edgar who had calmed down a little when he realized his person wasn't in danger anymore but the raven continued nuzzling her. "I mean it hurts but I can still move it a little so it's not in horrible shape" Cass responded nonchalantly with a shrug which caused some mild pain to spread throughout her body. "I really appreciate it Nathan but I'm fine" Cass responded slightly scooching herself away from the Ambrosia "I just need a bit of rest and I"ll be okay" Cass smiled albeit a bit strained but the thought of having to eat ambrosia was freaking her out slightly. Sure ambrosia would help heal her but it would also dredge up some memories from her past that she would prefer to keep buried. If being in pain was going to keep them that way she was willing to suffer for it.

Jack Morrison|17|Demeter|Pansexual|Loc:Cabin 10|Tags/mentions:Astra,Whiskey,Open
Jack shook Astra's hand back "It's very nice to meet you as well Astra" Jack responded with his typical bright smile glad to be making friend with a new person. Sure it seems like things have calmed down anyway" Jack responded while surveying the area. Just as he was about to head inside he noticed a small figure in the snow heading straight towards him. Jack tensed ready to fight in case it happened to be an intruder but stopped as he realized it was his cat. Whiskey was trotting towards him with her head held high proudly displaying what Jack soon realized was a rather large bone. Jack watched dumbfounded as Whiskey gently placed the bone at his feet and let out a long, raspy meow while looking up at him. "Where did-" Jack was about to ask then figured he didn't want to know and it wasn't like Whiskey was going to tell him anyway. "Let's get you inside Old Lady" Jack muttered while leaning down to grab the old barn cat who has picked the bone back up and was purring while Jack brought her inside the cabin.
tawneypelt0504

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:19 am

──────── 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫
    [] | Athena Head Counselor | 15 | Male | ➡ Ma's Diner | Tags: Questing Group
    𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑠
"I don't keep up with politics." He admitted, though spending most of his life at Camp Half-Blood gave him an excuse not to. "But I'm glad we can all agree this is bad bad. We'll have to be careful going forward, try not to seem like a group of teenagers out causing havoc." Aiden finished off his tenders and washed the meal down with a gulp of water, emptying the glass. "I think Mira is the oldest out of all of us, and with that Aphrodite touch you can pull off an "older than eighteen" look. We might need you to be the face of the party to avoid arousing suspicion." Aiden offered her an apologetic look, mainly because he knew she'd rise to the occasion, whether she wanted to or not. "We─" he had more to say, but the interjection from Teilo and subsequent loss of color from his face led Aiden to dismiss the thought. Concern knotted his brows. "Are you alright?" Clearly not, with the speed Teilo bolted to the bathrooms. When he returned, face flushed, Aiden felt something twisting in his stomach. This wasn't from the food, or the news, but something had set Teilo's nerves awry. He was far from okay.

"I'll—" Mira got to it first, collecting everyone's bills and dividing them between the crew. Aiden retrieved his from the pile and pulled a wad of cash from his pocket, replacing the newspaper within to avoid prying eyes. They still had a minute to wait on Ash's order, but he told the wait staff he'd pay for it now and he'd just be outside. "I don't want to clutter up your space in here," he said with an innocent smile. It appeared the group was gathering outside, and as Aiden turned to the door, he spotted a glint in Teilo's hand: his godly gifted weapon, Emrys. If Teilo felt something was wrong, Emrys felt it too. Worse than bad. He couldn't find the strength to put on a smile for Ash, so he didn't try. "I got you one," he answered. "Just a burger and fries. It'll be a few minutes though so we should hang around." Thankfully, this place seemed reliable for getting food out on time. Aiden still couldn't shake the feeling of dread emanating from the son of Thanatos' weapon, which is what led him to dig it from the other's pocket.

The weapon gave him a shock, sudden enough for him to drop it in the snow. "Oh, nuts." Aiden stooped to retrieve it, brushing snow from the clock face. "This is really bad," he murmured, hands burning from the watch's cold. Weapons didn't really speak; at least, Aiden couldn't hear them if they did. They communicated mainly through sensations or emotions, and Emrys' primary emotion was "oh no." It was acute, specific to its origins. Emrys shared a connection with whatever was going on. "Emrys doesn't like this any more than you do, and I feel like it's got something to do with your dad."

Kveykva wrote:
    ──────── 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐬𝐨𝐧
    ────────── 𝐟𝐭. 𝐑𝐲𝐚𝐧 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐬
    [] | Hephaestus | 18 | Male | Campfire ➡ Cabin 7| Tags: Ophelia, Juliet
    ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒
"Will." The child of Hephaestus answered shortly. "Cabin nine." She was visibly shivering, but Wilhelm had nothing to offer her to make amends, as he was already down to just an undershirt despite the freezing weather. "Been away from camp fer a while, an' t' think I almost passed on it again." He sighed, breath misting in the air in front of him. The gunfire faded from a constant crackling to calculated pops, echoing on the settling winds. It sounded like the battle was drawing to a close, but he wouldn't say they won. After all, what did their enemy really lose? "She ain't dead, I say." Will added, clearly not one for conversations usually. "I had 'er in my sights, but somethin' happened. Disappeared when I pulled th' trigger with..." He scratched the back of his head. "Mighty frightening, I ain't sure what it was."

This girl sounded like a walking disaster. In all honesty, though, he'd seen much worse. "I'm legally obligated to tell you to avoid any fire setting until your injuries have healed. Really in general, but you sound determined." Humor was good. Juliet seemed less delirious now, which meant Ryan's grounding had worked. "I'd say there's a reason behind that Lucifer nickname." he said, casting another look in her direction. "Lucifer" had gotten treatment it seemed like, but it didn't look like the best job. Then again, it seemed like everything kind of sprung up when these kids least expected it. "Well, duh, her nose is broken. Seriously guy, where were you during lunch?" That was a good question. Ryan couldn't say he remembered too much from before the attack, besides the obvious. "Latecomer." He responded. "I haven't heard much of what's gone on in the past few days, but you sound like the right gal to give me a refresher." For now, it looked like Felix and the others had a handle on things. Ryan could take a few minutes.

──────── 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦
    [] | Horseman of the Apocalypse | 56 | Male | ➡ Centralia, PA | Tags: Orin, Astoria, Vivienne
    𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ
The horseman sat in silence, not dissimilar to the meditative state he'd been in the hours prior to conjuring the Doors to the church. Instead of a clear mind justifying his purpose, however, it sat in a fugue-like state, just barely capable of thoughts above the screaming pain in the base of his skull. He listened to the bickering pair, but even still he felt the two were far too loud for his growing headache. "Shut up" was a little too impolite. "Caput tuum in ano est," The horseman snapped, a more harshly than intended. "Both of you, for Christ's sake." He stood, using the cane as leverage to get to his feet. "Children, I get it. I know you're still kids, but you're so bloody ignorant, thinking everything so black and white. We don't deal in absolutes, especially not now." he felt a lecture coming on. Nicholas had no intention of scolding them, but their topic of conversation hit too close to home. "You're demigods; it seems like it's you against the world, yeah? Then why the hell would you split up and make war with each other? You aren't alone because you have each other. That camp of yours. I guarantee they aren't so quick to brand anyone as a murderer or a traitor, spreading seeds of doubt divides your house."

"You want to know why they abandoned you, Vivienne? Why you were rejected by the safe haven for your people?"
His attention focused on the daughter of Khione, eyes brimming with intensity. "Because you left. You turned your back on them and told yourself lies that they wanted nothing to do with you until one day, you woke up and started to believe them. And for what? Where has your grudge gotten you? Khione took you in, trained you like a dog to value yourself only by your utility to her. You're begging to go home, but you don't even have a home to go back to." he spat. "And you think the camp that you cast aside would treat you worse than that? The place you were content to call home for so long, that fed and clothed you? All this anger and hatred you have, that fire that Khione has been feeding kindling to for the last few years, do you think this is what Audra wants for you? Is this the way she wants you to use her memory? She cared as much for them as she did for you, and now she gets to watch you tear them both down, in her name no less. I've listened to her beg me to do something. Everywhere you go, she's been with you, and I couldn't say anything because Khione wants you angry. I'm tired of lying about it because with all due respect, your mother is the most dreadful woman I have ever met in my life, and I don't even know why I agreed to this in the first place."

"And you!"
At last, he freed Vivienne from his piercing gaze, now locking it on the son of Zeus. "So the two of you have something in common. Congratulations. You aren't any better than her because your loss didn't send you down the path of vengeance, and if you're planning to show back up at your Camp Half-Blood exclusively to give them the finger, then you're an idiot. Seven years of loyalty isn't nothing, and you shouldn't be so quick to throw it away unless you really want to prove that Lucy girl right. You're angry, and you're only doing this because you're angry. Because you've got twelve other ghosts clinging onto you that all think they know what's best, and they're idiots. You are your own self, son of the debated king of gods," a bit awkward for him to say, "And you're going to let that white noise dictate your actions."

A deep breath. "None of this is black and white. There's not a distinct line between what's right and what's wrong, but you're both driving so deeply into the rut that you've never once considered thinking for yourselves, making your own bloody destiny. You get that choice. It's what makes you human. Life is choices, so start living."
Last edited by Kveykva on Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

take your tiny pills and live your comic life

Postby sammy, » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 pm

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii janus. iii sixteen. iiii tags: emmie. ivi the campfire.

he wasn't quite sure who vivienne was, but it was certain that she had something to do with the bizarre situation they had found themselves in - that meant a hell of a lot of power, and as far as he knew, vivienne wasn't the name of some obscure greek deity. he didn't ask for now, figured that it would come later as context made itself more readily available. there was also the fact that she didn't quite get his joke - not a surprise, but a little bit disappointing. the next ones would certainly land. "organised chaos. that sounds alright to me," he chuckled.

the future that he saw wasn't notable. it wasn't big. it was just a guy. a man, a person, and yet there was something unsettling about it. he had only bore witness to the future a couple of times before - it was a lot more difficult than delving into ones' past - and hadn't had to take some of the precautions that his brother had. not normally. on the rare occasion it did raise its head, it was usually big. important, pertinent, and yet he couldn't quite figure out why. "i don't really know," he said. "a person. a guy. just someone." it was difficult to describe.

but the offer was a nice one. "yeah. i'm freezing -" he was going to say freezing bullets, but that didn't make much sense when turned in his head. "just freezing. i hope you've got central heating in there." he stood, brushed the snow from his jeans, took a glance around. zeus - so likely the big cabin, the important looking one that loomed not far from where they stood. "he had an accent." he said, grasping at straws. "i don't know what kind. it wasn't american, though." hopefully, that'd do something.

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii janus. iii sixteen. iiii tags: vittorio. ivi outside.

cool was a rare compliment, but one he took. doors were useless in battle. they didn't do much - they were, in many eyes, a coward's way of escape, a quick getaway. and paired with the rest, the psychometry that prevented contact, it made the predicament of godlihood even more apparent. "can fight skeletons and venti, though. there're... moral issues with fighting against mortals." they were significantly 'lesser than' demigods, and the way they had been sent to surround, the manner the man had spoken - it made fighting back a catch-22 of proving the man's point about the camps being cesspits of danger.

"you'll figure it out," aldous decided. being thrust into a world of gods was unsettling, even more so if one was alone when it happened. if vittorio had no reason to want to leave his mortal life, then it was certainly going to be difficult to get him on board with the concept.

"we landed in a cabin," he said, if that was of any use. a glance in the direction tori pointed in. "looks like there're people going round there. have you not got, like -" he was new. he wouldn't know if they had a proper home base. "doesn't matter. i think we were meant to talk to, uh - the horsey guy." his steps began, snow crushed underfoot. "where were you before?" he asked as they proceeded. "was there any, like, big thing that made you come here?"

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii thanatos. iii seventeen. iiii tags: quest group.
iv
i outside diner

teilo avoided looking ash in the eye, glancing away when he was visually searched. he didn't know what he was hiding, really, but there was something a little too intense about being caught in the glance, so when they moved away, it was a little weight off of the shoulders. "the coffee was really bad," he grumbled, a bit of himself returning as he recalled the sludge. the hand on his shoulder wasn't necessary, but it was appreciated, and despite himself, he found himself leaning against the son of hypnos a little more than perhaps was necessary as they exited.

"i think someone got you a burger," he said, the comment confirmed by aiden. he was happy to just stand there for a while, regain some sense of calm, but the growing cold spot in his pocket disappeared, the reason clear when emrys was dropped unceremoniously on the floor. "emrys probably doesn't like being dropped on the bloody floor, either," frustration in his tone, dialled back when the comment came about his father. "give." teilo held out his hand. "you could've asked."

"the clock's stopped," he said. the memory of the ghost's mutterance rose - it might have been important. "there were, um -" difficult to approach the topic of the wraiths that addled the streets and the buildings, but awkwardness was not at fault for his hesitance here. "spirits. in there. one of them said something about doors when i came back. i wasn't under the impression that ghosts needed doors. they normally just - you know, phase through walls and what have you." another wave of nausea, stifled this time. "probably something. but they say a lot of rubbish. i dunno whether it has any weight."

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii zeus iii eighteen. iiii tags: astoria, nicholas, vivienne.
ivicentralia, pennsylvania.

nicholas didn't appear very happy. maybe it was the broken wing. the jovial nature that had taken the horseman had not lasted, and in any other scenario, he probably would have shut up. taken it.
    he wasn't a child, though, and that little note bothered him. he was an adult. he had passed that birthday only a week ago, managed to reach the dreaded eighteen before it was torn away so soon after, and if he was going to get anything wrong, it shouldn't have been that. because he had been branded a traitor, he had died branded a traitor, and the holier-than-thou attitude didn't really work when paired with the fact that this man, this god was the direct opposite of 'holy'. he was the mark of armageddon. he'd read genesis. he knew what it meant.

the verbal slathering of vivienne commenced. he said nothing. it moved to him. orin's eyebrow crept up his head.
    don't. don't do it. don't do it -
    "it's alright for you, isn't it, bojack?" he did it. "mister 'i haven't heard from my dad for a while so i'm going to completely disrupt the laws of living and existing to get his attention', mister 'i've got a destiny that i have to follow because some book said it so, and for some reason that means i get involved in matters that have nothing to do with the apocalypse.’" he shook his head. "nah. nah, sorry. i'm not playing into this. you have a job. you get a set of rules, you're told how things are going to go. we're hung out to dry. we fight their battles because they think themselves too uppity to actually battle on their own. and it's -" he bit his tongue. "i never got a choice. do you get that? everything i did in that camp was for other people, and then they - they turn around, and they say that i'm working with some english eejit. seven years of loyalty isn't nothing, you're right there. bang on the money. get this man a damn medal. so why did it mean nothing to them?"

he took a breath in. shut his eyes.
    outside, a storm brewing. that felt like a cue.

"i'm not letting white noise dictate my actions. you've skewed it there. i'm letting myself do it. you can't get it. that's fine. there are loads of greys. i was sat in a million of them waiting for my destiny to present itself. and here you are. thanks. i can take it from here." he glanced at astoria, gave a little nod. time to head, he thought. "so, you know, hail fellow, well met, good riddance, fair play, thank you for the nectar, thank you for guiding me from perdition with your funky little music, but i'm gonna figure it out for myself. i've let godly influence ruin my life one time, forgive the hesitance to do it again. might see you again. might not. who knows, in this crazy world we live in?" and then to vivienne. "thank you for not killing me on sight."
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

You made me tough, you made me numb

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:50 am

||Mirabelle Everhart|17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Outside Ma's Diner|Tags: Quest Group|

When everyone had safely left the diner; Mirabelle let the door swing shut. Teilo was being looked after by Ash, it seemed, and Aiden was taking care of the latter's need for food. There's not much for me to do here. Her heart sank a little. She liked to feel needed. Heck, she needed to feel needed. I suppose the best thing I can do is to give them space right now. She would keep an eye on everyone, just to make sure they were doing alright. She always kept an eye on everyone. But for now, everything seemed to be in hand.

The tall blonde suppressed a shiver as she walked over to her pegasus; the cold breeze cutting through her warm clothing like a sharp knife. She busied herself in tightening the equine's tack, though she kept her ears attuned to the conversation at hand. As she listened, her her mind reflected back on Aiden's words in the diner. The face of the party. She wasn't sure exactly what that meant, but it was her mantle now. She supposed she would be a lot of talking to people, and - gods forbid - using charmspeak to get them what they would need. The thought curdled like milk in her stomach. As much as she disliked manipulating others, she would do it for the sake of her friends. Only if needed. But she couldn't shake the feeling that it would be called for.

It was in tightening Firefly's tack that Mirabelle noted something odd. Not only had her bridle become untied from the bikerack; but there was a white powder that did not seem like snow around the mare's mouth. Closer inspection revealed tiny sprinkles stuck to the corners. Once glance across the street was all it took for her to realise what had occurred. A doughnut shop. Gods damn it, Firefly!

The dapple grey pegasus let out a quiet whicker that sounded an awful lot like laughter to Mirabelle's ears. I'll have a talk with you later. She gave the equine a stern look, though amusement danced in her stormy eyes. There's no time to waste.

||Juliet Pratten|16|She/Her|Hermes|Location: Cabin Seven|Tags: Ryan; Cabin 7 Crowd|

Juliet cackled as the older demigod warned her against pyromania, at least until she was fully healed. "No promises, dude." The guy was moving on to chat about Lucy now; inferring that there must be some sort of reason behind the nickname. "I mean, sure. Lucifer, Lucy. Works well. Plus she's into mind-games and stuff. But I don't even believe in that kinda thing; Heaven, Hell; all that chazerei. I was raised Jewish, not Catholic. Sheol. The Underworld. All one and the same." Juliet shrugged, though a wince creased her features as a jolt of pain ran through her shoulder at the action. She was distracted from her agony as the man explained why he hadn't heard about the lunch fight yet.

Juliet nodded as he went on, not fully paying attention until he mentioned needing a rundown of events. Her eyes lit up at the prospect of regaling him. "You wanna know what's been going down?" A smirk tugged at the corners of her lips as she looked the guy right in the eyes. "Well, Mr. - um - whatever your name is, you stumbled across the best storyteller Camp Half-Blood has to offer. It's gonna be like a movie playing out in your head. Not one of the boring newer ones, an old classic. You know. Like Indiana Jones or the Godfather." She paused, if only for dramatic effect. "Prepare yourself for the wondrous tale that is: Camp Half-Blood: Demigods versus Snow Monsters - working title."

||Vivienne Isole|18|She/Her|Khione|Location: Centralia, PA|Tags: Nicholas, Orin, Astoria|

Vivienne visibly flinched at Nicholas's harsh words. She lowered her head, squeezing her eyes shut for a brief moment. It was as if she had been slapped across the face and sucker-punched in the gut all at once. If she focused enough, she swore she could feel the frigid metal of a sharpened blade protruding from her back.

For her credit, she stood there and took it. Only when Nicholas said that name - her name - did Vivienne bristle. Her visage became a mask of rage and pain, and she met his violet eyes with a hard stare. "Do not utter her name!" A seething hiss like a venomous snake coiled to strike. And then - she let her head fall once more, bracing herself in the storm of violent words. Never let it be said that physical altercations cause more pain than verbal. He might as well have just stabbed her then and there. At least that sort of agony would have been bearable.

Orin defended himself. A better person might have aided in his defence, but Vivienne was not a better person. She let him talk on without so much as a word. When he thanked her for not killing him, her body stiffened. She offered nothing but an awkward, courteous nod in his direction.

Only when the two males had finished their tirade did she make a move to speak again. "Their betrayal was the antecedent." 'They started it.' A childish response. The words were soft; a hair above a whisper. Any real fight that had remained in Vivienne had leeched into the cold stone floor. The air around her was still notably chilly; her turbulent emotions seeping through her skin and into the atmosphere.

He's just manipulating you; betraying you like everyone else. The thought was clearly recognisable as Khione's voice in her mind. But she was too tired to fight it any longer. She didn't know why she had been fighting it in the first place.
I thought I could trust you. I thought - I thought you would not hurt me.
You misjudged him, Vivienne. Everyone is out to cause you harm. You learned that the hard way.
But - Audra - he stated that she accompanies me constantly. Is that true? Has she been here the entire time and I cannot see her?
Lies. Manipulations. Do not pay him any heed. He is only trying to get to you, darling.
It is working.

"My mother." Vivienne's tone was low; cold and emotionless as ever. "You remind me of her." With that, she straightened up, turned, and marched out of the church at a brisk pace. She did not run, but the act was all the same. She ran away. It was all she knew how to do.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Lovel* » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:27 am

〖 ☾ 〗Ash Davis〖 ☾ 〗

Son of Hypnos ☼☽ Cabin 15 ☼☽ 17 ☼☽ Bisexual

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
Tags: Aiden, Teilo, Quest Group

Ash laughed as Teilo talked about his distaste for the diner's coffee. "If we have time we'll try to find you the best coffee in America and me some sunglasses." he hoped they'd have time like that to kick back and get little nothings but he knew deep down it was unlikely. Teilo leaned in more and the same strange feeling ignited once more. He was thankful for when Teilo piped up about the food, a much needed distraction, along with Aiden coming over and telling him that he had ordered him a burger.

Ash patted the boy on the head with a smile "You're the best man." his tummy grumbled in agreeance. He noticed Aiden reaching into Teilo's pocket and his smile disappeared. "I wouldn't-" he didn't get to finish his sentence as Aiden dropped Emrys into the cold snow. Ash looked to Teilo at the mention of his father Is that what has you so upset? The guess was proved wrong at the mention of spirits talking about some kind of doors.

Ash thought about what the spirits could've meant, he went through his knowledge about Thanatos. "No, it can't be..." he said mostly to himself. "How could they? How would..." the words spilling out incoherently in his disbelief. Why would they tell him. Especially now of all times."The doors... They shouldn't be open." he looked over to Teilo "It's.... It's the doors of death. They are warning you that the doors of death have been opened." he face turned as pale as the snow under their feet. The feeling of warmth everywhere leaving his body. This isn't good. This is NOT good. he looked to the snow becoming unnaturally quiet, his hand gripping Teilo's shoulder like he was holding on for dear life but making sure not to hurt him.

Steven Grant.Marc Spector.Khonshu.

*Lovel*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

my heart is buried in venice waiting for someone to take it

Postby indigo' » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 am

━━━ 𝐕𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨-𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐳
[]16|he/him|Ares|outside|tags: Aldous

“If you’re considering morals I think there’s likely some problems with this too. Skeletons are...well, they’re people aren’t they? Or they were…” Vittorio wasn’t entirely sure how it worked; if the skeletal monsters had once been living people with flesh and heartbeats, or if they were simply monsters, killing machines with no consciousness, now or ever. “And the other ones...the ghosts.” He felt ridiculous saying it, even after he’d watched them firing their guns and crushed bone with nothing but a piece of bronze between his knuckles and a ribcage. “They’re dead but...I don’t know...isn’t killing them twice still kind of wrong? I guess if you looked at it from a utilitarian standpoint then it's okay because it was done for the greater good.” He paused, frowning. "Actually there might have been more of them than us, so that wouldn't really work. I guess it depends on if a dead thing can actually feel pain. Didn't really have a chance to ask while I was punching them."

He hoped they couldn't. He hoped that dying a second time had no effect on the creatures. That probably wasn't the way a son of the war god was meant to think, but he couldn't help it. Whether he believed in the same things as his aunt or not, there were certain concepts that stuck with him, and 'thou shalt not kill' was certainly one of them.

“The horse—” Vittorio’s face twisted in confusion for a moment before understanding hit him. “Oh, Chiron.” He’d been introduced to the camp director shortly after his arrival—that experience having been one of the first things to convince him he’d lost it. “I, uh...don’t know where he’d be.” He was starting to feel a bit useless with his lack of answers, which was absurd considering he was still trying to convince himself nothing around him was real. Nightmares weren’t supposed to make you feel guilty. “I think you probably stumbled upon the worst person to help you out here.”

“Nowhere,” he responded shortly as they made their way towards the cabins and the campers flooding in and out of them. “Well, not nowhere. But nowhere like this.” Big thing. That seemed like an understatement. The answer also seemed like something he shouldn’t tell a complete stranger, like something that would raise eyebrows at the very least. “Um...maybe not a big thing. A few little things I guess. My aunt knew so she...I guess she decided it was best for me to come now.” His gaze was steady on the snow crunching beneath his feet. His aunt had decided she didn’t want to deal with him and his incidents anymore, but that sounded a lot worse to say out loud.
indigo'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

alone we traveled on with nothing but a shadow

Postby wanda. » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:34 am

──X𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐒 ────────────────
          xxx[ ] the crow - daughter of moros, eighteen, tags; orin, nicholas, vivienne currently; centralia
      astoria found herself moving closer to orin, her posture rigid, and her eyes narrowed. keeping the others in her line of sight as she did so, her insides curled in on themselves and she was sure she was going to be sick as a haze washed over her. it felt as though it was both dulling and heightening her senses to an unbearable level. digging her nails into her palms, she slowed her breathing. as the haze of doom seemed to subside, perhaps due to her plan to avoid it. orin nodded to her. it was time.

there's no returning from this, please work. she thought, clenching her eyes shut briefly. to any onlooker, she looked as though she were questioning her companion’s sanity. which to be clear, she was. but she was also planning. mapping out her moves and how best to get away. escape. their best option was to just do it, and quickly. the plan was simple, as there was no plan. as soon as the girl, vivienne, turned away - crow moved, abruptly latched onto orin’s arm, and pulled.
wanda.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me