Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

riley palmer // 34

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm

「 ʀɪʟᴇʏ ᴘᴀʟᴍᴇʀ 」
    16 | she/her | zeus | location: cabin 1 -> cabin areas | tags: leo

the last memory riley had before she fell asleep was that she was having a crisis and was on the beach.
    after she woke up, she was not on a beach and had another crisis. fun cycle.

i'm somehow in my bed. so maybe it was a dream? it didn't feel like a dream though. it felt real, and no dream could be as insane as before. no dream could be that cruel to get her brother back, and then force her to wake up to realize that it wasn't true, even her nightmares. so it was real. which felt both relieving and.. damn it. but he was back. i mean she could tell that he'd slept in his bed last night. so why was she feeling that way?

riley made a feeble attempt to sit up, and it surprisingly worked. stretching her arms as she yawned, her eyes met a grey jacket. a jacket that was not supposed to be there. they had an staring contest for a few seconds, until riley utterly lost because the jacket did not have eyes. why do i have this? why am i here? whose jacket is this? some questions she absolutely needed answers to.

she decided to think of other solutions to her problems before having to get ready. god after what happened yesterday, riley was just ready to collapse back to sleep for about a week, or maybe just some long naps and lots of ice cream. er, maybe not ice cream. it was weird not to have ice cream when it was summer. screw you, khione, and your disgusting minions. now she couldn't eat ice cream.

what was she supposed to do? oh right. solutions. maybe this was just a weird dream, and she was still sleeping on fireworks beach. probably dead of hypothermia, actually. definitely dead. so it couldn't be a dream, or hallucination, or whatever. but you can't really dream if you're dead. besides, that didn't explain the jacket that felt very, very real. it did look familiar though. like it wasn't her imagination. that had to count, right? riley squinted at it, then it hit her. is this leo's jacket? why would i have his jacket? i don't remember stealing this, and if i did go to steal it, i'd steal something more valuable.

ugghhhh. i can't live like this. she reluctantly got up. after brushing her teeth, trying to fix her messy bedhead, and changing into a cozier outfit, riley stared at the jacket wondering what to do with it. give it to him back? that seemed like the right choice but the even better option was to just.. keep it. riley didn't feel like talking to anybody, let alone leo. aaaaaahhh fine. because riley was the best, uh- better person, she was going to be nice but she wasn't going to be happy about it. besides, she wanted to know. and that was the perfect opportunity to find out what the hell happened.

as soon as she walked outside with the jacket in her hands, riley shivered. great. another day of coldness. it wasn't like the world would be back to normal, but still. disappointing. she noticed a figure stumbling out of their cabin as well. leo. exactly the person riley wanted to see, but also didn't want to see at the same time. that was a confusing sentence. she tried to walk towards him, but changed her mind. no. yes. no. yes. i should go... not.

she went up to leo. "this is yours." she handed the jacket to him. "mind me asking what it was doing in my cabin?" she meant to sound calm, but apparently her heart wasn't into it because there was a little bit of an edge to it. it's fine, i'm sure it doesn't matter if i accidentally pick a fight with a son of ares. nothing bad will happen whatsoever! oh hey, i'm being sarcastic again. not important.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stuck within this maze encompassing my brain

Postby indigo' » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:36 pm

━━━ 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
[]16|he/him|Iris|Hampton Inn, room 204|tags: Aiden

It seemed his sudden fright was not subtle at all, and Jamie gave a sheepish smile in response to Aiden’s grin, only slightly embarrassed by his reaction. He leaned over to look at the list, nodding as Aiden explained the habit. When he had nothing to do but sit around, Jamie doodled on his arms as a way to control his rampant thoughts, he’d never considered doing something to help him stay organized—not that that seemed like a reasonable possibility for him. It sounded very adult, but he figured it made sense coming from a son of Athena. “That’s cool,” Jamie commented with genuine interest. “Smart. I bet I’d be better at keeping track of the things I’m supposed to be doing if I made a list.” He paused to consider the thought, tilting his head in a way that made him look a bit like a confused dog. “Except that I’d probably lose the list. Or write down too many things or get the times wrong and confuse myself. But if it works for you that’s good.”

“Yeah, I’m sure she will. She seemed kinda stressed yesterday. Not that I blame her at all. I’d be worried if anyone wasn’t right now.” Still, he was concerned about Mira. She was constantly looking out for the rest of them, but he got the impression she didn’t plan to ask anyone else if she needed help. They’d all have to look out for each other, even if it had to be done in subtle ways so the more stubborn and independent of the group didn’t know they were being taken care of. He probably wasn’t the best person for that job, given he’d never had much of a gift for subtlety, but he’d do his best when it was needed. He might have been essentially useless in a fight, but he'd found he was particularly skilled at knowing when someone needed someone to talk to, or just needed to hear an awful joke as a distraction from whatever was going on inside their head. Figures. His talents lay in the realm of dad jokes rather than dagger wielding. That would prove useful on a quest to defeat an angry goddess. Maybe he could tell a joke so bad she'd groan to death. Or he could just keep making terrible puns until she got so annoyed she conceded to make it stop snowing. He wished it could be that simple, everything would be a lot better if all that was waiting for them at the peak of Mt. Marcy was the opportunity for a second grade level standup routine. Nothing more than a big, cold stage. Jamie stood, crossing over to stand by Aiden to get a better look at the list. “What have you got written?” he asked, scanning the list, though his eyes were little help in providing him with the information.
indigo'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

you can't be weird in a strange town

Postby sammy, » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 am

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐳 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii ares. iii eighteen. iiii tags: riley.
ivi cabin five - outside.

the brain was unknowingly cruel. that was what leo knew. because his dreams were never nightmares until they were. they crept up on him, slow and careful, and they never felt like nightmares at all. sometimes it was jay, and sometimes it was the school on the ranch. a smeary vision of a dorm room, a conspiratorial wink shared between him and a friend who was absent no longer. they were prying the floorboards from the ground, looking for treasure, muttering in a language of inside jokes and knowing looks that only they understood.
    the dream moved slowly, sanguine and saccharine. it stretched comfort into all corners of his mind. he didn't even have enough sense to be scared when the room changed, became a warehouse, and laughed when the blindfold covered his face. there was no red flag. there were no instinctive worries, just charm and all of the things that he could muster nostalgia for in the tyre fire that had been his journey to camp. it was the cruellest of nightmares; well and truly soothing leo to a restful place before it revealed its darkness. it wasn't explosive. it turned dark slowly. "three."

the tune of
    la gazza ladra perforated the soft atmosphere. leo was committed to blindness, realised too slowly that he was cold, and most of him was hurting, a boot pressing thoughtfully and unerringly along his spine. "two." he was shivering, knew he was bleeding, and his wrist felt like it was going to explode, like it was on fire. "one." an earthquake in the dream.

"zero," and then fear, nothing but fear. the feeling of something exploding inside of him, something opening its maw and stretching its claws and tearing into his skull.

"it really is a shame. so much wasted potential."

he woke with a jerk, and his whole body lurched like he was going to be sick, or start clawing back at the invisible enemy, but when reality returned, drip-fed through the sensations that returned one by one, it wasn't difficult to understand what had happened. he dressed as quickly as possible, avoiding the eyeline of his cabinmates just in case, somehow, they knew, and after he had brushed his teeth, he sprayed his face with the coldest water he could. it was gone. the threat was gone.

it was still in his head, though. his wrist, where the reminder of a fragment of the horror remained permanently etched into his skin, was itching. he had removed the cuff to scratch at it, the inky eye of horus, and the last thing he wanted as he tried to calm his nerves was the approach of riley palmer, holding something that belonged to him.

leo fumbled between reclasping the cuff and grabbing the jacket, and settled instead for using it to wrap around the bare wrist. he had almost forgotten the events of the day previous - had to really search for the reason she was in possession of something of his, but the memory sifted through soon enough. to avoid a waver in his voice, he took a moment to consider the words, to look at her suspiciously for a moment or two.

"i dunno," he answered. "someone probably took it there. same way you ended up there, probably." leo hadn't hoped for this. it was meant to be without witness and without confrontation. he had been stupid to leave a glaring piece of evidence there. "is that done? are we done?" he was aware that he looked a little ridiculous, one hand set in a cast of cotton and corduroy, and he took a step back. he wasn't in the attacking brainspace, regretfully, which made him a little too vulnerable. "thank you for bringing it. however it got there. how'd you -" he wasn't the type of person to take notice of small things like what people wore, so it often caught him off guard when others exhibited the opposite trait. "doesn't matter. thanks. if that's it, then..."
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i feel like i'm frozen inside

Postby Kveykva » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 pm

──────── 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫
    [] | Athena Head Counselor | 15 | Male | Hampton, Room 204 ➡ Hallway | Tags: Jamie, Teilo, Ash, Mirabelle
    𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑠
Aiden shrugged. "It doesn't help everyone, I think it depends more on the person." Jamie struck him as the kind of person who could equal parts upkeep a list and gain benefit from using one, as it would probably help keep track of everything with his head in the clouds. "You might want to try making a list with pictures instead of words since I feel like a bunch of bullet points would put you to sleep." It sounded a little condescending, but he hadn't intended it to be. The topic jumped from talking about his list to Mirabelle, and Aiden repressed a sigh. "Yeah..." Aiden wasn't sure how well Jamie knew her, but he knew it had to at least be a little bit with how much Mira actively tried to greet new campers, but whether they were good friends or not was beyond him. "She -" he paused, searching for the right way to word it to prevent Jamie from going into a spiral. "She's a worrier by trade," Aiden decided, "and so she worries overtime for those of us that don't. Unlike some of us though, she's not very good at keeping it under wraps. If it makes you feel any better, I've already talked to her about it and plan to keep an eye on things." He didn't think Mira would appreciate him sending Jamie to her a concerned mess, but he also knew that even if she didn't, she'd never say it out loud.

"Oh, it's just -" he turned back to the newest page. "I need to talk to Mira and everyone else about whether Teilo's incident at the diner warrants an Iris message back to camp, but I already know Will is planning to talk to us sometime this morning, so if it isn't deemed too important we can just ask him to pass it on." He skimmed through the list, written in perfect ancient Greek. "Other than that, it's just theories. There's a lot of variables out there and we have more questions than answers. People have been having dreams, prophecies have been spotty at best, and then there's all the Kingston stuff on the news combined with the Gray Sisters being all cryptic. We need to figure out what ties everything together." As he talked, he crept over to the room door and pulled it open, tucking his key card into his pocket. He wanted to check and see if they were the first up, but he was delighted to see a few of the others already out and about. "Hey guys, good morning. I see no one died -" he faltered as he looked closer at the others. "- in their sleep... Wow, you guys look like crap. Teilo did you get into a fight with your pillow or something?"

──────── 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐬𝐨𝐧
    [] | Hephaestus | 18 | Male | ➡ Dining Pavilion | Tags: Orin, Open
    ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒
Orin talked, but it wasn't with the same, infectious enthusiasm as he had before. The words were there, but that's all they were: just words. There was no heart to it. It nagged at Will, but he brushed it off as a symptom of past-death experience; Orin might bounce back from it like he did everything else. It depended on how people treated him and his condition, now that it was public knowledge. He has a point. It made Will look guilty if he neglected to mention it - then again, he was guilty of something, and he didn't regret that part. Still, he had his reservations for speaking up on the matter. "I ain't apologizin' but I doubt y' want one." he slipped out. "I would'a done th' same fer Horace." If he didn't regret it, he wanted Orin to know that it had nothing to do with the fact that it was him. Not that it changed anything, Will thought. "I'll... tell 'em y' said hello." Regret crept in through the open door. He regretted extending the offer to him, instead of just leaving it alone. He felt warmth in his hands, getting cold feet on the conversation several seconds too late. Orin was still talking, and it was impolite to interrupt. "You'd be th' first if Juliet 'asn't beat y' to it. I -" the plate slipped from his hand, landing upright and bumping just a few items onto the mostly snow-free pavilion floor. Wilhelm sighed slowly, gathering the mess back onto the place and cupping it toward him. "Sorry," he murmured before making a break for it, walking over to the trash can and dumping his untouched meal before exiting the pavilion. He wasn't hungry anymore.

──────── 𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐱
    [] | Mortal | 19 | Female | Morgantown, PA ➡ Lancaster, PA | Tags: Vivienne
    𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒
"I'm holding you to that, Nick!" Kayle snapped as she carried Vivienne to the passenger side, patting the roof of the mustang as a thank-you when Xaliphax opened the door for her. She whistled sharply before Snowdrop leaped inside, commanding her to heel for the time being. The service dog did so reluctantly, but it was enough for her to get Vivienne inside, buckled, and wrapped in a warm blanket. Once she'd been taken care of, Kayle dropped herself into the driver's seat and held Snow in her lap, feeling the rumble of the engine as the pale horse crept out onto the early morning streets. It was a little weird, more so than usual, but this was about the only self-driving car she'd probably ever trust anyway. Do I just... give him an address? Like it's a GPS or something? Or am I gonna have to actually put it into Google so he has directions? At the moment, it seemed like they were in no hurry, but Kayle didn't want to burn a bunch of time trying to make a decision. "Take us to Lancaster," she said quickly. "Uh, it's pretty early for anything, so just take us to the Waffle House that's down there. We'll figure something out after breakfast." Thinking with her stomach came as no surprise to anyone, but Xaliphax shifted into gear immediately following the command, planning to make the trek shorter than the recommended time, while also wary of its passengers.

The drive was a quiet one - Kayle was afraid to put on any music or anything, and she wasn't sure what to say to Vivienne following the events at the house. It was all she could do to keep Snowdrops whimpering to a minimum, and aside from taking the time to put on her harness, her hands hadn't left the husky's pelt. What in the world did he do? Vivienne's inner energy didn't feel any different than normal, and unfortunately, that was the only indicator of anything Kayle had access to. On the other hand... Nicholas' felt different than before. "Different" wasn't an accurate description, but there was a distinct point somewhere down the line when he'd gone from feeling like a set of Siamese twins to possessing a single aura. She could always pick him out in a crowd because it was - for lack of a better term, bright. Her dad called it godly chi before, which made sense, but it wasn't anything she gave much thought to before now. When Nick woke her up this morning, his aura had been so loud. It was suffocating, and it felt like it overwhelmed more than just her chi sensing. Not to mention Kayle couldn't pin it to a certain spot like usual, which was something that concerned her. I can't imagine what they saw, while I'm still in the dark.

Kayle was far from the motherly type, but desperate times called for desperate measures, so she tried her best to make do. Xaliphax arrived ahead of schedule, without so much as a bump in the road jarring his passengers on their journey. In hindsight, Waffle House wasn't her brightest idea, but not much else was open at six in the morning and it was the first thing that came to mind. "There's not a chance you have any shoes in here, is there?" Kayle asked to no one in particular. Xalphax warbled the radio inside and the glovebox fell open, which, after some feeling, she discovered to have a pair of crocs. Not her favorite, but she guessed they'd do for the situation. "I hope you didn't steal those, horsey." She snipped, clamoring out of the car. With some coaxing, she managed to get Vivienne to slip into the shoes and brought her inside, grabbing a booth for the pair and their dog. "Two coffees, with cream. I'll wave you down when we're ready to order." Kayle didn't know if Vivienne took her coffee black, but she'd find out at some point. "Hey girlie, you in there?" she waved a hand in front of her face. "You're safe now, are you okay?"

Kveykva wrote:
    ──────── 𝐂𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳
    [] | Oracle of Delphi | 23 | Male | Cabin 12 ➡ Cabin Circle | Tags: Open
    𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑏𝑜𝑛, 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑔𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠
He didn't end up going to the infirmary. Cain made it to the door, but there were too many people. All the noise, the groaning - the children of Apollo insisted that none of the injuries were lethal, just painful, but he still couldn't shake the feeling that they might die in the middle of the night. He didn't think he could take waking up next to a corpse. Instead, he'd been given a bed in the Dionysus cabin (with Mr. D's blessing of course) since he no longer had a place to stay. Cain hadn't heard any news from either him or Chiron about what arrangement they'd have for his housing in the near future, but he imagined they'd start trying to rebuild the Big House in the next few days. After they fortified the camp's defenses from - No, no, don't think about it. Already, he had to avoid scratching at his arms through his sleeves. He did get some treatment for the frost bite, and the last thing he needed was to start aggravating that. The can of monster in his pocket was already ice-cold, which could be seen as plus from the weather, but that was about the only upside Cain could pull from all this. He cracked the top and took a shot, trying to wake his brain up as soon as possible, should Delphi decide to show him any more visions of what the world had in store for the demigods.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

riley palmer // 35

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:36 pm

「 ʀɪʟᴇʏ ᴘᴀʟᴍᴇʀ 」
    16 | she/her | zeus | location: outside cabin five | tags: leo

"same way you ended up there, probably." at first, riley's eyes widened. for a few seconds. but she gained her composure back. she narrowed her eyes at him. "how did you know about that? i didn't say anything about that." i think. "is that done? are we done?" she let out a scoff. "oh no, we're not done. listen, i came here to find answers and i'm pretty sure you really don't 'dunno' anything. so i don't think you should leave just yet." riley gave him a smile, though it was one of those ones intended to be really passive aggressive.

perhaps she was getting ahead of herself. riley had done that countless of times, and sometimes that led to things like getting red kool-aid poured all over her hair when she was thirteen. needless to say, it did not end well - maybe that was why she had shortly left her middle school to go to camp? no, no. it was definitely why i left. a hazy memory passed by. her beating up a kid wasn't too shocking.

the 'thank you' did surprise her. didn't you like, call my brother a traitor just yesterday? and start a fight with me? it seemed like a hundred years ago, yet so recent. "so sorry to bother you about this. i mean, i'd rather go do something else than this. like.. eat oatmeal or something," at this point riley couldn't tell if she was genuine or really laying the sarcasm thick (those things just seemed to happen with her), "i mean i wouldn't really eat oatmeal for breakfast - yuck - but whatever. i guess it's okay with peaches though." get to the point, a voice in her head nagged her. "anyways." that was a terrible transition. "so, you do know. why are you sneaking into cabins, leo? don't you have something better to do with your time?" an eyebrow was raised.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

we'd reach such great heights if we could just make our beds

Postby indigo' » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:47 am

━━━ 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
[]16|he/him|Iris|Hampton Inn, room 204 - hallway|tags: Aiden, Teilo, Ash, Mira

Jamie didn't think he was the kind of person who could manage a list, at least not one as organized as Aiden's appeared to be. “Yeah, that might work.” He agreed, trying to imagine how he’d make a list with pictures instead of words. It would likely work better for him than trying to relay his thoughts into words—or his current technique of simply letting his brain run wild, relying on the scrambled mess in his head to keep it together and not forget things. Maybe he could do it on his arms, too, that way he wouldn't lose it. Unless he showered. That could prove to be an issue. “Probably,” he agreed with a laugh, not taking offence and the accidental condescension. He knew what Aiden meant, and what he was saying was completely true. The topic shifted to Mira, and Aiden’s pause was quite telling. He knew the son of Athena was trying to avoid making him worry, carefully selecting the best words to maintain a sense of calm. It wouldn’t work, but it didn’t really matter because Jamie worried about everyone and everything all the time anyways. Still, he nodded at the reassurance. “Good. We all gotta look out for each other, right?” He attempted a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

His eyes scanned the list as Aiden went on, nodding slowly as his eyes roved over the Greek letters. He’d been so consumed with everything going on around them, he hadn’t really thought much about those back at camp. He hoped they were having a better time than the questers, though something told him no one was having a very nice time at the current moment. “Sort of like a mystery show,” he commented on the endless list of cryptic variables. “Like Scooby Doo. Except, you know...whole world’s on the line. And Khione is probably not a begrudged landowner in a monster mask. That makes it a bit less fun.” It would've been nice if she was. He followed Aiden over to the door and stepped out after him, offering the others a smile in lieu of a greeting, though it quickly faded when he saw the state they were in. “Did we...miss something?”
indigo'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm - Open & Accepting!

Postby *Lovel* » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:26 am

〖 ☾ 〗Ash Davis〖 ☾ 〗

Son of Hypnos ☼☽ Cabin 15 ☼☽ 17 ☼☽ Bisexual

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
Tags: Teilo, Mira, Adam?

Something was definitely bothering Teilo should I pry? he decided to leave it for now. Early morning wasn't the best time to ask prodding questions. Especially since his mind probably wouldn't work through a lot of things right now. He felt the tensing under his hand just slightly hopefully he'll get used to the affection eventually. It wasn't particularly a night to sleep well after especially for Teilo. "Well if you need a nap I could always sub in." the thought was a bit daunting but Teilo needed to be in tip top shape to help the group. He was obviously better than Ash when it came to combat. Ash was mostly good for putting opponents to sleep and crushing them psychologically. Which was good in theory but he had to get close to do so.

He almost laughed at the thought of a paralyzed mind being worse than a racing one. At least with a paralyzed mind his anxieties would quiet down. A real laugh had escaped him at the suggestion of putting Aggy on the roof to make room for their new companions."I think everyone would benefit from putting cannon ball on the roof." None of his business? Where'd he get it if it wasn't his? Ash looked at Teilo incredulously "We've got a pick pocketer amongst us eh?" he hoped the waffles were more than the expected mediocre but they sadly never were.

He followed close behind Teilo. Soon Ash's ears caught the blondes groggy greeting that was soon recovered with a clearing of her throat and a sniffle. He walked over to Mira giving her a hug then pulling back to look her over, he hoped she wasn't starting to catch a cold. She was tired and looked like she was up longer than he had been. He raised a brow but didn't say a word about it. Instead a smile and a puzzled look was given in response. "I'm not sure what you mean by dye it but thank you. It needed a change."

A pair of new voices entered the conversation and Ash turned to them. "Hey Adam and Josh." he knew the names were wrong but he still didn't know the boys names so he said the first A and J names that came to mind. He said them with such confidence too that he almost believed it could've been their names. "I had a run in with a shower wall. I won obviously. My story is more interesting then Teilo's though." he threw his thumb to Teilo with a smile.

▶ ▷ ☁ ◁◀Emerson "Emmie" Grey ▶ ▷ ☁ ◁◀

Daughter of Zeus ☂ Cabin 1 ☂ 16 ☂ Heterosexual

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags: Open ----> Conan

It was like watching an old memory, witnessing it from the outside not in action. Little Emerson with long fiery red pigtails and a grin as bright as the sun masking the dark loneliness hidden inside was making her way to a table with a woman sitting alone.

The woman was beautiful, it almost didn't match the insanity vibrating off the red haired woman. The staff member all dressed in white left Emerson's side to exchange it for a place beside the late twenties woman. "Mrs. Grey, your daughters here to visit you." The man said. Emerson's mother didn't show any acknowledgement of being spoken too, just sat there head hanging with a plate of food in front of her.

Emerson gulped, twisting a strand of hair around her finger before taking a seat across from her mother. "Hey mom, I know it's been a while. I started camp, I think you'd like it. I made you this." Her voice was dainty, words chosen carefully. She gently put the handmade bracelet on her mother's fragile wrist adjusting it so the singular clay bead was visible. The bead was hand painted with lightning bolts and an eagle in the middle.

Her mother finally lifted her head enough to look at the new accessory. Her eyes widen almost feral. "Who are you?! I have no daughter!" before Emerson or the staff member, who had backed up a foot or two before the conversation, could react her mother had gripped the plate full of food throwing it at Emerson. The plate hit her shoulder shattering, shards of ceramic flew rewarding Emerson's left cheek with cuts the size of a finger nail and mashed potatoes mixed with some type of meat resting in her lap. Emerson's eyes brimmed with tears, she took a deep breath in and in went the tears. She looked back up to her mother who was now struggling against the staff member and two guards. She smiled her bright smile "I'll check on you again soon mom, I love you."

With those three words repeating over and over again drifting away with every repeat and Emerson finally jolted awake. She was drenched in cold sweat, baby hairs stuck to the sides of her face and she was panting. Her blankets looked as if she had gotten into a wrestling match with them. She flung them off and slid off the bed making her way in a daze to her dresser to pick out some clothes to change into after she showered.

She made her way to the showers when she remembered she had something to tell Conan. If they were to keep the twins somewhere were would it be? she thought as she headed out the door, she took a quick look at Orin's empty bed for moment before fully leaving the cabin. She made her way to the Hermes cabin figuring that was the best place to look.

She stood at the doorstep thinking of how to tell him the bad news. She was never good at breaking that kind of news. She took a deep breath in before rapidly knocking on the door. What will I say? Hey the Doors of Death were opened and you know how my brother was dead well, now is back and kicking so that's good. You should probably tell your camp. she twisted a strand of hair around her finger as she waited for the door to be opened.

Steven Grant.Marc Spector.Khonshu.

*Lovel*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Too tired this time

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 am

Mirabelle Everhart
||17|She/Her|Aphrodite|Head Counselor|Location: Hampton Inn, 2nd Floor Hallway|Tags: Ash, Teilo, Aiden, Jamie|

Mirabelle didn't have it in her to protest when Ash wrapped his arms around her. She weakly returned the embrace, allowing herself to melt into it for once. It felt... good. Marvellous, in fact. The small act of comfort made her feel a bit better, though not physically. By the time she came to her senses, the hugging had ended and Ash was regarding her with a scrutinising stare. "I'm fine," she assured him, picking up on unspoken concern. "Don't worry about me."

Then the topic of conversation returned to his hair, and she couldn't help but be mildly astonished. "What? Oh, can you just -" she gestured to her own hair, searching through the fog in her head to find the right words. They didn't come, leaving her looking rather foolish. "Um - yes. That's really neat, though! The hair thing, I mean." Another clearing of the throat, another bitten back wince. "Sorry. I'm - I haven't had any caffeine yet. My brain isn't exactly... well, functional at the moment." She offered the two boys a sad attempt at a smile.

She hadn't even registered the sound of a door opening into the hall until a voice spoke from somewhere close. It was enough to make her jump a little, but a glance in its direction revealed that it was just Aiden. Aiden. I should have recognised his voice. I should have heard the door, I - ugh, damn this fatigue. I'm useless. She was clearly nowhere near as alert as usual.

She huffed in offence when Aiden remarked that they 'looked like crap', but almost immediately had to raise an arm to cover her face when it became a small cough. "Good morning to you too." The lackluster greeting came out much snippier than she'd intended. "I - I'm sorry," she quickly apologised. "I didn't mean to snap at you, I - I was just saying, I haven't had any caffeine yet. I can be a little cranky before caffeine." Yes, caffeine. Just one cup of coffee - no, tea, hotel coffee is disgusting - and I'll be feeling better in no time. Back to being me again. Well, the version of me that everybody likes. Wishful thinking. But she could fool herself while it lasted.

Jamie's voice pulled her from her thoughts, returning her mind to the present. "What? Oh - no, we were just heading down to get some breakfast. Or - well, that's what I was about to do." She almost completely missed Ash calling them by the wrong names - her brain registered it long after the words had been spoken. "Aiden and Jamie," she reminded him gently. "But - um - yes. I certainly need some caffeine to jumpstart my system. You're all free to join if you'd like, of course." She secretly wished they would say no, and leave her to her solitude. But she doubted that would be the case. I don't know if I can carry on a conversation like this. Ugh, I'm so tired.

Vivienne Isole
||18|She/Her|Khione|Location: Lancaster, PA|Tags: Kayle|

Vivienne dimly registered a car - she'd left her axe in the backseat of a car. Frostbite. That's what she'd named it. The axe. One recognisable thought amidst a sea of chaos. The outside was devoid of human voice, for a time. She wasn't certain, but she wasn't certain of anything. She wasn't even certain of her own existence.

The tears had stopped, the ice melting under the warmth of the blanket that enveloped her. Then, someone was touching her. She didn't like being touched. She recalled that much. There was something on her feet - shoes? Shoes. She was wearing shoes. Then something swallowed her up and it was too bright. Voices, and then she was seated. She was seated and she wasn't sure how or why.

"Cream." She was barely aware her mouth had opened at all. "I don't. I d-don't like cream. Too... too sweet." It wasn't her voice that came out, no, not really. This was the voice of a frightened little child. Higher-pitched than it should have been, and only just loud enough to be heard. She didn't know who she was talking to. Herself? A girl? A dog? Wait - dog. She didn't like dogs. They yelled and chased and slobbered and... teeth. Their teeth were sharp and shiny. But this dog was much smaller than the Pack, much smaller... still, a dog. One of them. She should have been frightened, but it was as if she lacked the capacity for fear. Perhaps her nerves were already at maximum. Or perhaps they were completely fried.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

don't be afraid, you're already dead

Postby sammy, » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 am

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii zeus iii eighteen. iiii tags: wilhelm - open.
ivi dining pavilion.

"i think i would've been more pleased if you'd said it was a grace reserved only for me," he said. "you're telling me you would've threatened any tom, dick, or harry? it cheapens the experience. and here i was, thinking i was special." an apology would have done nothing. a new thought blossomed - if will didn't apologise, if no one apologised, then he didn't have to forgive them. he didn't have to forgive them anyway. he wasn't sure what he was bitter with will over, but he felt it, in his chest, and for now, it could stay. "yeah, you do that." orin nodded.

he'd run out of steam by the time the plate clattered to the floor. it didn't smash. he thought it would've been nice if it'd smashed, made a loud noise, punctuated the end of the sentence, but it just bumped and bounced and looked generally unimpressive. the word opa! was caught in his throat, refusing to leave, and though his brain concocted a string of things to joke about (the greeks don't actually do that to represent the life cycle, or whatever it is. they do it because their washing up liquid's awful. they use hummus. they can't believe we eat that stuff.) none of them came out. he just stared at the plate, watched will collect the mess he had made into his admittedly large hands. funny, how he was more prepared to apologise to a plate than orin. maybe that was something to stay angry about.

"good talk," he said to will's retreating form, shaking his head slowly. a sigh escaped, the words a bit more caustic than he would have liked them to have been. "christ."

he sat down at his table, half-asleep, and poked at the bowl the dryads had made for him. no pepsi, just milk. he missed the fizz. everything felt a little more grey.

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐳 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii ares. iii eighteen. iiii tags: riley.
ivi outside.

well, that was him rumbled. if he was being honest, it was difficult to continue the conversation, to keep up the falsely pleasant pretenses with the smiles and the snide tones when his skin felt like it was itching everywhere. "do you really think you can keep me anywhere?" he asked, and he supposed that if he had tried, it would have sounded threatening, patronising, but he just sounded rather bored.

"oat-" he wasn't particularly good at reading between the lines. body language was easy, but speech was more difficult to decipher. she was talking about oatmeal but it was like she was trying to insinuate something else, stanced like she was ready for a fight that he didn't particularly plan on initiating. "right. okay. glad to know that." and now a space in his brain was reserved for her preferred addition to oatmeal. that was great. "i thought i could set aside time in my very clearly very busy schedule to get someone who'd fallen asleep on a beach in the freezing snow somewhere she wouldn't die of hypothermia overnight. did i make the wrong call?" his brow knitted together, stepping back once more. hands now stilled, he was able to remove the jacket from where it had been wrapped, finally clasping the cuff on, and felt a little more relaxed with the introduction of the familiar pressure. "i don't - look, yesterday was - i'm not -" it was difficult to say what he was thinking when he wasn't quite certain himself. bad at words, he supposed. they always managed to come out twisted and wrong, and normally, he just resigned himself to silence. "i just do what i'm -" that wasn't true. some of it had been of his own volition. a sudden spark of frustration. they weren't going to rise. "jesus christ, why am i trying to explain myself to you? enjoy your oatmeal, riley. you can just forget about it if you want. be easier for everyone." he took another step back, making to leave.

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii janus. iii sixteen. iiii tags: emmie. ivi cabin eleven.

the evening had been an interesting one, and the morning dedicated to updating eyre on the goings-on of the camp. aldous was good at explaining - conan had taken a bit of a back seat. they had a good dynamic. conan wormed the information out, and aldo relayed it. he always worded it a little more delicately than conan would have been able to.

a knock at the door at the tail end of the conversation had conan rising, waving for aldo to continue with his murmured conversation. and when he opened it, he found emmie, and realised very quickly that he had forgotten to do something he'd promised. "emmie! oh, gods, sorry, i never got you that - i got so distracted, we had to talk to chiron, and then it was trying to update eyre, but we couldn't get through to her for a while, and then there were funerals going on, and we didn't really think that it'd be right to just barge in on them, and - and, um -" he shut his eyes. "sorry. hello, are you alright? were you looking for someone? i think most people have kind of hopped out by now, there're only a few more snoozers in here."

( *:・゚ ) xxxx𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬 !! x─────ix
x──────i ii thanatos. iii seventeen. iiii tags: ash, mira, jamie, aiden.
iv
i hampton inn, room 207 - hallway - stairs.

"you can drive, can you?" he asked, eyebrows shooting up his head. "i'll be fine. i just need to mainline some coffee, and then i'll be good to go." maybe that wasn't the entire truth, but he considered it best to simply move on. he felt rough, he looked rough, so there was no reason to act rough. he gained no benefit from being worried over. "maybe one of the girls is secretly a formula one driver. god, that'd be the dream."

his face curled in mock offence when the words 'pick-pocketer' were uttered, because that was reductive. "grand larceny's more my style," he said. "i mean, you would, wouldn't you? if you could turn invisible, you'd nick stuff like it already belonged to you." there were things he had kept in his wardrobe at home that were evidence of this. things he didn't need, pilfered from museums and galleries and jewellery stores. "i'll probably have a look at breakfast. when i can see a bit straighter."

when they were out of the room, mira and ash talking about hair, jamie and aiden approaching, teilo almost forgot himself. so much had happened that it felt nearly ridiculous for them to have been out of the loop. "no. not a pillow. it was a bird," he went to touch the gauze, and with a little pressure - yes, that still hurt. good to check. "i'll, erm, take you up on a coffee, if you're up for it, mira," he said, regarding her with hesitance. "i've got a lot to talk about, though, see, and i'm gonna need to sit and figure out what order the words are supposed to go in, so i'm not gonna be very good conversation. but -" he stepped away from the crowd a little, nodded in her direction. "feel free. or don't. i'm - yeah." he wasn't quite sure where he was going with that, and before anyone else could stumble into his business, touting how horrifically awful he looked - as though he hadn't recently come into contact with a mirror - he was walking in the direction of the stairs.

the stairs because the lift probably still had a bit of his blood on its floor, and he didn't particularly want to look at the mess he'd created. the stairs because he needed to feel like he was moving, doing something that wasn't just standing and waiting for something bad to happen. the envelope crinkled in his pocket and he scowled at its presence alone. it was wrong. he felt it in his bones, it didn't feel like it was meant to exist, that he was meant to have it.

he cast it out of his mind and considered an americano that would taste less like dirty river water than the one in the diner the day previous.
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

great way to fool me again hun

Postby Takara » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:37 pm

| Reese Dawson
18 | He/him | Hades | Cabin 13-> cabin circle | Auggie

If you asked Reese how he had managed to return to his own bed, he would not be able to answer. A haze of stumbling, some choice words to whatever healer ventured to stop him, and maybe a spoonful of salt, to taste. Nonetheless, here he was. Laying in said bed. Dying in agony. Wishing he were never born as his chest writhed against the pain of an invisible wound. Was it any wonder that he set about looking for trouble?

The blonde did not bother with the spectacle of dressing, not when simply rising from his bed felt like having the air knocked from his lungs. He clutched at the mattress, afraid to leave the safety of having an anchor. Lord have mercy on me, but I am not letting Jesus take the wheel this fine morning. He sighed, then regretted doing so as a new wave of pain rolled through his ribcage. He grimaced, leaning into the bed as his body shuddered involuntarily. All this and I will be forced to wear flannels to breakfast. And they said Hell would not freeze over. He held as still as possible, only daring to move once his body stopped it's revolt against him. With his right hand, he tugged an oddly placed tie clip from his plaid shirt. An expert flick later, and he was brandishing a sword. Father shall be disappointed today. I do not believe this is the use he had in mind for this iron. It must be a doleful existence he employs.

With that, Reese butted the point into a rug, and began his glacial movement toward the glacial day. Opening the door, he greeted the chill with a coughing fit that had him clutching to the mahogany frame. I reckon the only reason I am still alive is that father does not yet want to see my face at his door. He pulled his shirt collar over his mouth, not opting not to fight with a coat when his airways would not give a damn either way.

Looking for all the world like an alternative band reject, there was Auggie, a few cabins down, decidedly going the wrong way for breakfast. God, I am tired. But life's short and then you die. "Auggie!" He called, exasperation evident as he shuffled toward her. "Slow, slow... down!" He huffed between words, seeming to take his own advice as his foot steps faltered behind her.

| Zeke Hopewell
17 | He/him | Hermes | Cabin Circle | Cain

Zeke was having a morning alright. A long night of listening to coughing, followed by a chorus of shhhhhh's which quickly descended into muttered arguments and muffled smacks, had not resulted in a good night's sleep. Who knew? Creeping out of the cabin, he had managed to somehow forgot about the snow- yep, the very same that was setting off the coughing fits! -and traipsed into a blanket of fresh snow. Naturally, a few of his more dastardly siblings ventured out to investigate, ruining his chances at a refreshing breakfast. He let out a heavy sigh, then swept an arm out and fell into a half bow. "After ya'll," he said with a grin, offering a nod to Markus & Anthony. I bet it's rough coming home in the middle of all this. Anthony squinted at him a moment, but he seemed to pass whatever test the freckled boy had come up with. Yeah, and I'd better be passing it, crash test dummy, I've been here long enough to be the one judging you mister- shoot that was kinda mean... but he deserved it! He held onto a smile through gritted teeth.

"See you there!" Anthony said, and Zeke let the remainder of his animosity fizz out. He's just a kid. It's not his fault that his mind is thicker than a milkshake- yet. "That would be the plan!" Just not now, Zeke threw up double finger guns and immediately slunk in the opposite direction. Zeke wasn't paying much attention to where he was going, but the sight of a familiar mop of dark hair put a spring in his step. Even if said person looked wholly uninterested in him. Well, I can fix that! He cut through the snow, reaching up to give the man a solid thump on the back.

"Caiiiiiin!" He drew out the word with too much joy for someone uncaffeinated. There was something I wanted to talk to him about... "How's it going? I," A vision of an icy cliff popped up in his minds' eye, and Zeke paused. Nope, nope, nope! Oracle man doesn't need to know about that, "...I mean, weather is to mood as a cow is to clouds, right!" He bobbed his head to the tune of his words. It's like, not direct, but definitely a relation? Maybe I'll just go with mood and food next time...

| Aggy Clemson
15 | She/her | Unknown (Ares) | Hampton Inn; Room 208--> hallway | hallway gang; mira

Aggy fought against a net tangled against her legs, kicking at it until it gave way and-cold! She groaned, clawing out for her blankets with a hand, to no success. She cracked open her eyes to glare at the puddle of bedding on the floor, no longer keeping her blissfully toasty. Should have 'em hanged for that, that'll teach them a lesson! She frowned. Her dream had been ghastly, but it was rapidly evaporating in the hazy morning light that peered in from behind the curtains.

"Empf," She eloquently began. "Mhhhh... Mira?" She groaned, tongue swollen with sleep. No response. She shoved herself up on the bed and tried again, louder. "Mira?" Silence, but for the rattling of a radiator. Panic shot through Aggy and she scrambled out of bed. "MIRA!" She shouted, pretense be damned. Her feet rested on the cold floor, and by gods the room was empty. "MIIII-RA! I SWEAR IF YOU GUYS LEFT ME I WILL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!" The hotel thoroughly awakened, Aggy threw on some battered jeans and and a pink "got milk?" t-shirt before raiding the room of her things. Items were stuffed haphazardly into her bag, with no order whatsoever. A striped pj leg hung out of the overfull bag, and Aggy shoved it back in, only managing to zipper the thing by pressing her bodyweight into it.

Footsteps in the hallway made Aggy freeze for a moment, then she pitched into overdrive. Crap, they heard me. Abort! She stuffed her feet into her still tied boots, then slung her bag over her shoulder and took flight through the hallway, trailing after the scent of sweetness. Okay, murder in bed can wait until after brekky.

Aggy turned, and found a huddle of people. Voices? She knew them, barely. But more importantly, MIRA! She rushed to the girl, huffing the whole way. "Miiiiiiiira!" She flung a punch to the taller girl's arm, but it was halfhearted at best. Her voice wavered. "You left me!" She accused, trying to dust her pain in bravado.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me