🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:43 am

Image description: The title image features a deep blue, rippling lake with a text overlay. The text reads "The 20th Annual Hunger Games" in bold font.

The 20th annual Hunger Games have come and gone. This year's victor was Penny Sylvester, a gentle tribute from District Eight who entered the arena an underdog. A true pacifist, she and her beloved ally Felix helped every tribute they encountered instead of fighting them, earning strong friendships with Sienna and Jay that lasted until their deaths. In the end, Penny sat by the dying District Four girl as her life slipped away from her, earning the newest victor respect in the hearts of the Careers.
District Eight and its mentor, Jasper, are incredibly proud to welcome Penny home.

← N/A...................
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 97 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Rules and Mechanics

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:44 am

Rules

1. No power-playing, mind-reading, or overpowered characters.
2. Please be active. If you don't post within a week, your tribute will be killed off on the eighth day without warning. The only exception is if you contact me first (not afterwards as your tribute will already be dead).
3. You can have any number of characters. But only three can survive the bloodbath (see "game mechanics".)
4. Don't cause ooc drama. This includes being hostile or passive-aggressive when your character is next to die.
5. Don't ignore other characters. For example, exclusively teaming/shipping your own tributes with each other.
6. No graphic and gory scenes. Describe the graceful arc of the sword, not the gruesome wound it inflicts.
7. Have fun! Roleplay is an excellent way to make new friends, and I encourage that.

Game Mechanics

You decide the order in which your characters die. There is a form on the discussion thread to fill out.
Deaths are randomized through a dice roll on the Discord. Only characters in the current round will be randomized at any time. For example, all "third characters" will be rolled together. Only when they're all dead will I start rolling "second characters".
You can volunteer your character to die at any time, even if your character isn't in the group of tributes to die that round. However, if a character was already randomized to die, the randomized character will still die after yours.
The character's owner gets to decide how they die (eg. sacrifice, mutts, murder). Whether the character was randomized or volunteered doesn't affect this at all. Also if the death affects someone else (eg. another tribute is the killer), talk to them first.

Bloodbath deaths are an exception. You can "reserve" bloodbath deaths for your tribute to kill. On a related note, you get to reserve Cornucopia items, two per tribute. I will post lists/locations of items before every bloodbath.
Sponsor gifts are consolation prizes awarded to members whose tribute is about to die. Although the contents and timing of the present are a surprise, the member gets to decide which of their tributes receives it. It can even be the character who's about to die.
Announcements and changes will be made on the Discord.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Tributes

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:46 am

Tributes

Legend
Full Name - gender - age - training score - roleplayer - cause of death [placement]
"NPC Antagonists" will provide an ongoing challenge after the bloodbath. During the Hunger Games, Zyn and I will periodically post updates of their location in the arena. Sometimes they'll attack other tributes in that location!
Career districts have a close relationship to the Capitol. They train Career Tributes to volunteer for the Games, and these tributes usually form an alliance. Many Careers hate traitors and cowards.
A heart symbol () indicates the tribute's killer acted in good faith, with agreement from both parties. A common example is the final, honorable fight between Careers as these battles only start when all members are in consent (meaning it's not a betrayal).

District One - Luxury - Career district
Eden Beauregard - male - 16 - scored 10 - SunnyJustice - killed by Madeline ♡ [4th]
Madeline Gomez - female - 18 - scored 9 - LunarEclipseKitty - killed by Caspia ♡ [3rd]

District Two - Masonry - Career district
Chaska Sioux - male - 18 - scored 11 - Zyn - killed by Caspia ♡ [5th]
Gloria Lace - female - 18 - scored 9 - rosegold. - killed by mutts [9th]

District Three - Technology
Aleksander White - male - 15 - scored 1 - SunnyJustice - killed by Chaska [19th]
Demitra Sparks - female - 18 - scored 4 - NPC Antagonist - killed by Caspia ♡ [8th]

District Four - Fishing - Career district
Killick Acquati - male - 17 - scored 10 - anathema - killed by mutts [12th]
Caspia Searobin - female - 18 - scored 11 - honeybee. - killed by Madeline ♡ [2nd]

District Five - Power
Greg Archer - male - 18 - scored 3 - Runnersback - killed by Gloria [20th]
Sharnaz Advani - female - 17 - scored 8 - Zyn - killed by Eden [14th]

District Six - Transportation
Colby Marks - male - 17 - scored 7 - rosegold. - killed by Demitra [18th]
Winona Abrams - female - 16 - scored 3 - SunnyJustice - killed by Moses [22nd]

District Seven - Lumber
Moses Grandy - male - 18 - scored 7 - Runnersback - killed by Chaska ♡ [15th]
Sienna Mach-North - female - 17 - scored 8 - Runnersback - killed by mutts [6th]

District Eight - Textiles
Darius Silk - male - 17 - scored 5 - NPC Antagonist - killed by Sienna [10th]
Penny Sylvester - female - 16 - scored 6 - rosegold. - Victor [1st]

District Nine - Grain
Payne Adamson - male - 16 - scored 2 - SunnyJustice - killed by Killick [23rd]
Bridgette Hayes - female - 15 - scored 4 - SunnyJustice - killed by Reyna [24th]

District Ten - Livestock
Cooper Brand - male - 16 - scored 2 - rosegold. - killed by Caspia [21st]
Rieka Günther - female - 13 - scored 5 - Zyn - killed by Reyna [16th]

District Eleven - Agriculture
Jay Fernandez - male - 12 - scored 5 - LunarEclipseKitty - killed by Darius [11th]
Zoe Marius - female - 14 - scored 7 - ~patches~ - killed by a mutt [13th]

District Twelve - Coal
Felix Prestman - male - 16 - scored 6 - honeybee. - killed by a mutt [7th]
Reyna Byrne - female - 17 - scored 1 - SunnyJustice - killed by Chaska [16th]
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:20 am, edited 54 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Arena

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:47 am

Arena

This year's arena is arranged around a glistening, beautiful lake. Rising out of the clear waters, a central island holds the Cornucopia and tribute pedestals. The waters used to be shallow enough to wade in, but not anymore.
Four quadrants divide the land surrounding the lake's outer shores, each with its unique ecosystem and lurking dangers.

The north quadrant is known for its biting chill. Snow crunches under your feet, and the sparse taiga forest does little to shield you from the merciless winds. Only the bravest tributes can tough it out among the pines and spruces. Even further north is a mountain range from which a chilling stream flows. It provides not only fresh water, but also a potential food source thanks to the fish.
While the forest can conceal tributes from their would-be attackers, it offers no protection against the keen noses of mutts. Sometimes, on quiet nights, the sound of distant baying can be heard from the mountains...

The east quadrant is a wide-open, sunlit meadow dotted with the burrows of flatland creatures. However, the tunnels are large enough for a human to enter, hinting at the size of the creatures that made them. Hiding places are scarce over the plains. If the other tributes scare you more than the risk of breaking into giant mutts' homes, maybe it's time to consider sheltering underground.
A river winds through the plains, providing water to thirsty tributes. The waters move at a slow and lazy pace. It's easy to spearfish or set traps from the wide, sandy shores.

The south quadrant is the hottest and wettest. As you wade through the knee-deep marsh waters, your feet will sink uncomfortably into the mud and vegetation underneath. Dry land is rare in this area, but the more elevated dry areas can offer valuable cover in the form of low-lying trees. Elsewhere, only reeds and high grass will conceal you from attackers.
Cover is especially important when night falls. The marsh might appear innocent by day, but sunset brings a host of prowling predators. The most dangerous ones will come swooping from overhead, plucking up an unsuspecting tribute before they even notice.

The west quadrant will take you through an unforgiving land of gravel and stone. Precarious hills, plateaus and valleys mar the surface of this stony landscape. Sometimes a tremor will ripple through the earth, rearranging the path behind you into a dead end. The only water is found at the bottom of the valleys, but the climb back up will be treacherous.
For better or for worse, the geography is too troublesome to host many mutts apart from the occasional giant mountain goat. Many tributes can find hiding places among the dangerous rocky formations.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Event Log

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:44 am

Event Log

Month-Day • Page # ➵ Short description of the event that happened.

07-01 • Page 01 ➵ The roleplay was created.
07-02 • Page 01 ➵ The roleplay is now closed to new members.
07-03 • Page 01 ➵ Training day begins. Tributes are encouraged to interact and form alliances.
07-11 • Page 07 ➵ Lunch is served! At this time, tributes can reserve bloodbath deaths to kill.
07-21 • Page 12 ➵ Training scores for all tributes are posted.
07-24 • Page 15 ➵ Tributes arrive on their pedestals around the Cornucopia.
07-25 • Page 15 ➵ The countdown reaches zero and the fight begins.
07-25 • Page 15 ➵ [24th] Bridgette Hayes of District Nine is killed by Reyna over a weapons dispute.
07-25 • Page 16 ➵ [23rd] Payne Adamson of District Nine attacks Killick, but is swiftly disarmed and killed.
07-25 • Page 16 ➵ [22nd] Winona Abrams of District Six dies at the hands of Moses, who takes her bow.
07-25 • Page 16 ➵ [21st] Cooper Brand of District Ten loses a fight with Caspia over the trident.
07-25 • Page 16 ➵ [20th] Greg Archer of District Five is killed by Gloria's airborne knife.
07-25 • Page 16 ➵ [19th] Aleksander White of District Three attempts to kill Jay, but Chaska stops him.
08-02 • Page 21 ➵ Night falls on the first day. The death recap plays in the sky.
08-02 • Page 22 ➵ [18th] Colby Marks of District Six sacrifices himself to save Zoe from Demitra's knife.
08-05 • Page 23 ➵ Dawn arrives on the second morning in the arena.
08-19 • Page 32 ➵ [17th] Reyna Byrne of District Twelve is killed by Chaska after tributes punished her.
08-19 • Page 32 ➵ [16th] Rieka Günther of District Ten is stabbed by Reyna and dies in her friends' arms.
08-26 • Page 36 ➵ [15th] Moses Grandy of District Seven, ill and dying, asks Chaska to kill him and he obliges.
08-27 • Page 38 ➵ Night falls on the second day. The death recap plays in the sky.
10-12 • Page 46 ➵ [14th] Sharnaz Advani of District Five is mauled by mutts, and Eden ends her torment.
10-15 • Page 47 ➵ [13th] Zoe Marius of District Eleven is killed by a lake-dwelling mutt.
10-16 • Page 47 ➵ [12th] Killick Acquati of District Four is taken down by a reptilian wolf mutt.
10-30 • Page 49 ➵ [11th] Jay Fernandez of District Eleven is brutally attacked by Darius and bleeds out.
11-12 • Page 51 ➵ [10th] Darius Silk of District Eight is killed by Sienna in revenge.
12-28 • Page 58 ➵ [9th] Gloria Lace of District Two is mauled by mutts, despite allies' attempts to save her.
01-07 • Page 60 ➵ Dawn arrives on the third morning in the arena.
01-07 • Page 60 ➵ [8th] Demitra Sparks of District Three is mauled by her own mutt 'allies' and begs for Caspia to kill her.
01-07 • Page 60 ➵ [7th] Felix Prestman of District Twelve distracts a mutt to save Penny but bleeds to death.
01-09 • Page 61 ➵ [6th] Sienna Mach-North of District Seven saves the Careers from mutts, then dies in Eden's arms.
01-21 • Page 62 ➵ [5th] Chaska Sioux of District Two, fatally wounded, requests a final battle against Caspia.
01-29 • Page 63 ➵ [4th] Eden Beauregard of District One follows in Chaska's footsteps and asks Madeline to fight him.
02-10 • Page 64 ➵ [3rd] Madeline Gomez of District One comes to a mutual agreement with Caspia to fight, and loses.
02-17 • Page 64 ➵ [2nd] Caspia Searobin of District Four succumbs to her injuries with Penny keeping her company.
02-17 • Page 64 ➵ [1st] Penny Sylvester of District Eight is crowned victor of the 20th Hunger Games.

Will be updated for events that affect most or all tributes. Deaths are listed in red.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 31 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ Training Day

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 am

Training Day
10:15 AM

All tributes arrive in the training room, a huge gymnasium filled with different stations. As soon as the last stragglers enter, head trainer Roxanne begins to explain the rules of training.
➵ You can visit any stations you want. Feel free to mingle and talk with fellow tributes.
➵ No fighting other tributes! Training assistants will be available for sparring purposes.
➵ Lunch will be served at 1 PM.

Roxanne lists off all the training stations. Knots, fire, shelters, knives, archery... most weaponry stations are on the left side of the room, while survival stations are on the right.
At this point, a Career's eyes might be drawn to the center of the room. A giant obstacle course towers above all the other stations, its hulking form hinting at the challenge it will offer. A sign marks this station as "THE GAUNTLETS". Its surface is pockmarked with smaller marks - the initials of Career Tributes from years past.

Finally, Roxanne releases you from the debriefing. Training day is all yours!
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ It's training day!

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:08 am

Eden Beauregard - District One - Tagged: OPEN
Eden thanked the head trainer as she dismissed the tributes, then made his way to the training room's centerpiece. The Gauntlets, a towering mass of metal and wood, a challenge designed to test even the strongest Career's athleticism.
He didn't leap for the obstacle course immediately. Instead, he reached out and touched the cold wooden sign. His finger gently brushed the initials carved into it, names of Careers long past from years ago. A thoughtful expression flitted across his face.
After his moment of silence, he scanned the room for the other potential Career Tributes. The candidates from Two and Four were ideal recruits. Of course, his district partner would also have to come along. Eden considered apologizing to the other Careers in advance for Madeline's... unique personality.

Reyna Byrne - District Twelve - Tagged: OPEN
As soon as she was dismissed, Reyna turned on her heel and went straight for the firestarting station. The training assistant opened his mouth, but Reyna cut him off before he could speak a word. "Don't even start."
Face turned up in a hostile sneer, she sat herself down and grabbed the flint and steel. She struck them together with all her might, sparks flying every which way as the training assistant's face grew more and more concerned. Finally a stray spark hit the pre-prepared kindling and set the pile alight. Reyna's expression morphed into a smile, imagining it on a much grander scale, burning the forest as the other tributes screamed and ran.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:34 am

Sienna Mach-North| D7 |Tags:open
As soon as she was dismissed she nodded to Moses for them to split and take on each survival station alone. She avoided fire because the way the girl aggressively made sparks gave her the vibes that she want to be alone. Sienna glanced at the gauntlets with a smirk as careers were eyeing it. Oh how she and Moses would love to show them up on that thing if they were in a different life. But this was there life and they were from the lumbar district. The best thing they could do is hack wood and climb the tallest tree. She purses her lips and smiled at the trainer who had no tributes at the medical station. The best she could do was tie a bandage and slap some ointment on a wound. “Hello!” She said to the trainer kindly as she had no clue what she was doing being so friendly to them, this was definitely hard with no mentor. But the trainer was kind enough to give her a dummy with some stitching material and a needle. The girl grimaced before starting her sloppy stitching techniques.

Moses Grandy| D7 |Tags:open
As Moses split from his district partner he glanced around the room before finding a separate survival station from Sienna. He just politely nodded to the trainer and started tying all sorts of knots from a clove-hitch to a bowline. This was all easy to him and well he definitely needed something new. Before a appealing thought came across his mind, he could always tie the trainer up and ditch practice to go sleep. But he knew he would be dead before the games even started if he did that. “Is there other knots I could learn. I know half of these by heart all ready.” He said sassily. Soon enough he was given more ropes to start learning foreign knots.
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DetectiveLunar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Madeline Gomez//District 1//Female//A brat//Tagged; Eden, open

Madeline immediately made her way to The Gauntlets without even making eye contact with the head trainer. No thanks were said, instead a ”Ugly rat faced loser” was mumbled as she made her way over to the obstacle course. Of course, Eden was already there, observing the carved initials on the sign as if they were of any importance. “Ugh. I bet those Careers were absolute horrible, utter trash, a complete disappointment. That’s before you even compare them to me!” Madeline boasted, loud enough for the rest of the tributes to hear.
Speaking of the other tributes, she looked around the room with a disgusted look on her face, eyeing the competition. They all looked absolutely pathetic, utter disappointments to their districts. They were nothing but a waste of space.
“God, they all seem so pathetic, distasteful, like a old smelly rabbit near death. They don’t stand a chance against us, especially against me.”

Jay Fernandez//District 11//Male//Tagged; Open

Jay politely thanked the head trainer, waved her goodbye and made his way over to the survival stations, specifically the shelter station. He stood on his tippy toes and waved at the trainer. “Good morning! I wanna practice making a shelter.” He wanted to seem as polite as possible, he didn’t want to make a bad impression. Plus, not saying ‘good morning’ was just rude in general. The trainer handed him some sticks, leaves and vines. He thanked them and sat down on the floor with his items. What kind of shelter did he want to make? He didn’t really have a specific kind of shelter in mind. He didn’t even know how to make shelters in general. Honestly, anything that would keep him from the rain and wind was good enough for him. Grabbing the sticks and vines, he began tying them together in hopes that it’ll eventually make something that, at least, resembled some sort of shelter. At least he knew a lot about plants, he definitely wouldn’t accidentally poison himself.
DetectiveLunar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Eden Beauregard of District One
Tagged: Madeline
Goodness gracious! Eden took a deep breath to maintain his composure. Choosing to ignore the insensitive comment about his predecessors, he forced a smile as he addressed her. "I assume you're feeling confident, then? Good to hear."
His mind was solely focused on recruiting the other Careers. The pair from District Four seemed to be an agreeable lot, while the District Two boy blazed with the fiery determination the alliance needed. All ideal allies. As for the District Two girl, Eden just prayed she and Madeline wouldn't rip each other's throats out in the first fifteen seconds.
"Our alliance will truly shine," He spoke gently. "I just have one thing to ask of you. Please don't take it as an attack, just a suggestion. Could you maybe... tone the insults down when we meet the others? It will help our chances in the arena."
Eden smiled softly, but dread churned within him. This might become a balancing act before long.

Reyna Byrne of District Twelve
Tagged: Sienna
Satisfied with the destruction she caused at the firestarting station, Reyna stamped out the dying blaze sloppily. The training assistant had gone paler than a Seam girl who'd washed her face in the first time in years.
"What?" Reyna snapped at him. With a roll of her eyes, the spoiled brat continued to kick at the embers until the burnt refuse was scattered all over the station. She left without another word, leaving the poor assistant to clean up her disaster. It was time to check out the weapons. The urge to throw an axe at that stupid District One boy was overwhelming, but she had to wait until the arena. What a shame.
On her way to the axes, she caught a glimpse of the freckled girl from District Seven. Reyna stared unabashedly, contempt in her rude upturned face. "Medical station? As if you'd survive that long," She scoffed.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me