Kirby: Return of Nightmare (Open)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Kirby: Return of Nightmare (Open)

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 3:24 am

ImageImage

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

True to my name, I am but a dream that lives in your heart. Therefore, I am immortal. For as long as there is fear in your heart, I will someday return.

It had been years since those words were uttered, the final words of Nightmare, who had tormented the galaxy for thousands of years with his legions of demon-beasts. Years since Kirby, the prophecized Star Warrior, had supposedly defeated him that triumphant day.

Oh, but Nightmare had never been truly defeated. Just as he'd said, he was but a manifestation of negative feelings- of fear, pain, sorrow, anger. As long as those things remained in the galaxy, Nightmare would never be truly defeated, even if he disappeared for a time.
Nightmare had spent these years in his supposed defeat gathering strength and energy from those feelings. After so much time of waiting, it was finally time. Fueled by that powerful negative energy, he had become strong enough to make his return at last.

And he did exactly that.

Reborn, the dark wizard hid away in his newly-restored fortress, plotting how to reclaim the galaxy. He could try demon-beasts again... no, that had been too weak last time. With that little pest Kirby around, and especially with his ridiculous band of allies, any demon-beast he created would be fair game in a moment's time. No, he had to think of something... better.

As Nightmare thought, an idea crossed his mind. This time, he could do it himself. But how? What could he do to take his vengeance? The demon sat in silence, deep in pondering. Then, it struck him: Dream Cores! He could steal the Dream Cores of every planet in the galaxy. Without its Dream Core, a planet would slowly begin to die. And in the event that the Dream Core was not restored quickly, the damage would become irreversible. And if Nightmare took all the Dream Cores from all planets... Even Kirby would never be able to save them all in time.

Nightmare let out a deep, ominous chuckle, which grew into a powerful laugh. "Yes," he sneered to himself, "this is perfect. I will destroy this entire galaxy. That little Star Warrior pest will never be able to stop me. This time, I cannot fail!"
And with that, Nightmare vanished, as he set off to begin his new quest of destruction, comforted by the knowledge that he would not be beaten.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Sat May 09, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Info and Rules

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 am

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

This RP takes place after the events of Star Allies, and as such, any characters, including Dream Friends from previous games, can be used, including the Mage Sisters and Hyness, who have been reformed and are now friends with Kirby. The other Dream Friends that can be played are Bandana Waddle Dee, Gooey, Adeline, Ribbon, Dark Meta Knight, Daroach, Marx, Rick, Coo, Kine, Taranza, Susie, and Magalor.

Anime exclusive Copy Abilities are usable in this RP

Any Helper or Star Ally based on one of Kirby's Copy Abilities can be used as a character

Tiff and Tuff from the anime are available as characters

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x x x x

x No fighting OOC

x No cursing, Kirby is a E rated video game

x Basic understanding of the games is useful, but you don't have to have watched the anime to be in the RP

x No explicit romance

x Don't kill or severely injure another character without permission from the user and me
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Form and Characters

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 3:39 am

x x x x

Code: Select all
[center][img]insert-image-here[/img]

[size=150][b][color=blueviolet]☆[/color] [color=#000080][i]Character Name Here[/i][/color] [color=blueviolet]☆[/color][/b][/size]

[color=#FF8080][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF8080][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF8080][b]Gender:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF8080][b]Species:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF8080][b]Role:[/b][/color]

[color=#ff0040][b]Personality:[/b][/color] 

[color=dodgerblue][b]Abilities:[/b][/color] 
[color=dodgerblue][b]Weaknesses:[/b][/color]   

[color=#0000b0][b]Likes:[/b][/color] 
[color=#0000b0][b]Dislikes:[/b][/color]

[color=blueviolet][b]Friends:[/b][/color]
[color=blueviolet][b]Family:[/b][/color]
[color=blueviolet][b]Enemies:[/b][/color]

[color=#000080][b]History:[/b][/color]

[color=steelblue][b]Other:[/b][/color][/center]

Kirby - MahoKaabii ☆

Tiff - Open

Tuff - Open

Fololo - Open

Falala - Open

Meta Knight - MahoKaabii ☆

King Dedede - Open

Escargoon - Open

Dagger Knight - Me

Frostfire - MahoKaabii ☆

Dark Meta Knight - Me

Lunalhia - MahoKaabii ☆

(Character name) - (Open/user played by)

Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Sat May 09, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kirby: Return of Nightmare (Open)

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 4:07 am

(This RP is open and accepting. I'll have my own form ready later)
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby (inactive) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:08 am

Marking! I'll get my forms up ASAP!
(inactive)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 8:43 am

No image yet
Dagger Knight is dressed in similar armor to that of Blade Knight with the helmet of Sword Knight and wields two swords, which are holstered on each of his hips. His armor is black and red in color, and his swords have curved blades, unlike Sword Knight and Blade Knight's straight blades. His amber yellow eyes shine through the eyeholes of his helmet

Dagger Knight

Name: Dagger Knight
Species: Species Unknown
Role: Second-in-command of the Halberd

Personality: Dagger Knight is a calm and collected fighter. He doesn't let taunting get to him and often tries to turn the tables by taunting the opponent back. As the second-in-command of the Halberd, he is on good terms with Meta Knight, as well as his fellow knights Sword and Blade. He doesn't know Kirby very well, but still is on good terms with him

Abilities: Dual wielding sword expertise
Weaknesses: Not as good in combat using a single sword

Dislikes: Chaos, Nightmare, Meta Knight's cooking(never tell him that though)

Friends: Kirby, Meta Knight, Tiff, Tuff, Blade Knight, Sword Knight, Dedede(at times), Escargoon(at times)
Family: He considers the Meta-Knights to be family
Enemies: Nightmare, NME Sales Guy, Dedede(at times), Escargoon(at times)

History: Dagger Knight knew Meta Knight long before he met Blade Knight and Sword Knight. While he was not a Star Warrior, he did serve in the Galaxy Warrior Army and was placed under Meta Knight's command. During the war, Dagger Knight went MIA, as he had been attacked by a memory stealing demon beast. With the help of Meta Knight and Kirby, he was able to regain his lost memories and was very happy to see Meta Knight again, joining his crew to help stop Nightmare from stealing the Dream Cores of planets

Other:
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby (inactive) » Sat May 09, 2020 11:22 am

Kirby

Name: Kirby
Species: Unknown
Role: Star Warrior

Personality: Happy-go-lucky and optimistic. Extremely loyal to his friends. Very understanding and forgiving, but very childish, innocent and naive, which can result in him being gullible at times. Always hungry and is very essily motivated by food, which can get him into trouble. Almost always seems happy and is unaware of his true power.

Abilities: Can inhale objects and copy their powers, inhale air to puff himself up and float
Weaknesses: Cannot fight without a Copy Ability, can be too trusting for his own good 

Likes: His friends, food (especially watermelons and tomatoes), the stars, watching the sky, etc.
Dislikes: Nightmare, mean people, stormy skies

Friends: Tiff, Tiff, Fololo, Falala, Meta Knight, Dedede (even if Dedede doesn't always get along with him), the Dream Friends
Family: Since arriving in Dreamland, Tiff, Tuff and Meta Knight have become like family to him
Enemies: Nightmare and his company

History: His history prior to arriving in Dreamland is largely unknown.

Other:

----------------------------------------

Sir Meta Knight

Name: Meta Knight
Role: Star Warrior, Kirby's mentor

Personality: Calm, wise and mysterious, has a very vast knowledge from his years of experience as a Star Warrior and is arguably the smartest person in Dreamland besides Tiff. He tends to conceal his emotions most of the time, but every now and then his softer side may slip out. He secretly has a liking for sweets, but he keeps this well hidden. Almost never seen unmasked.

Abilities: Skilled swordsman, his cape can transform into wings, eyes can change color with his emotions
Weaknesses: Unknown, but being unmasked would likely be a weakness for him.

Dislikes: Nightmare, being unmasked

Friends: Tiff, Kirby, Sword & Blade, his crew
Family: Views the Meta-Knights as his family, sees Kirby as a son of sorts
Enemies: Nightmare, Dark Meta Knight, has a bit of a grudge against Susie after the mechanization incident

History: A long, long story. Was a high-ranking Star Warrior of the Galaxy Soldier Army, after the separation of the army, he came to Popstar to await the arrival of a young new Star Warrior who would have the power to beat Nightmare, and became Kirby's mentor once he did arrive.

Other:

----------------------------------------

Frostfire

Name: Frostfire
Species: Wolfwrath
Role: Guardian/protector

Personality: A tame Wolfwrath pup, Frostfire is very laid back and friendly. Loyal to anyone who becomes her friend, and very playful. When needbe, she is able to be a very fierce guard dog, and is also able to give people rides on her back for quick transport.

Abilities: Can spit fireballs or exhale streams of fire; able see in a version of Wolfwrath heat vision that enables her to, rather than see heat signatures, see the auras of living things (aura vision also enables her to see through walls, the same way as normal Wolfwrath heat vision would); has a surprisingly high tolerance for cold temperatures
Weaknesses: Very weak to water, her forehead gem is also a weak point and she would be temporarily stunned if it were struck  

Dislikes: Nightmare (but I think basically everyone hates Nightmare besides maybe Nightmare), water, small spaces

Friends: Meta Knight, Dedede, almost everybody
Family: Unknown
Enemies: Who could've guessed... Nightmare

History: Frostfire was once a wild Wolfwrath, but was captured by Nightmare as a very small pup and attempts were made to turn her into a monster. Once Nightmare realized she was somehow immune to his corruption tactics unlike most of his other demon-beasts, he instead kept her around as a test subject of sorts. After years, one night, Frostfire finally had enough and escaped from Nightmare's fortress through the delivery system connected to Dedede's castle. She was found by Dedede, who demanded that Meta Knight tame the young wolf in order for her to be kept as a guardian to Castle Dedede to protect it from any future threats or attacks.

Other: Art is by me~
(inactive)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 1:38 pm

(Accepted)
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat May 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Dark Meta Knight

Name: Dark Meta Knight
Role: Mirror World Counterpart of Meta Knight, temporary ally against Nightmare

Personality: Dark Meta Knight is just as mysterious as Meta Knight, but nowhere near as calm, often erupting in anger when a fight isn't going his way. Despite the fact he's an evil version of Meta Knight, he does have some principles. He has an inflated ego, and will never attack the weak or helpless. However, he doesn't consider Kirby weak because of his inhale ability, so he is willing to fight Kirby without giving him a sword, as Meta Knight does. Dark Meta Knight also likes to make Meta Knight unsure about which one of them is the original, saying that Meta Knight is a copy of him, not the other way around

Abilities: Cape turns into wings, creating copies of himself, mirror swords
Weaknesses: Dark Meta Knight's ego can be used against him

Dislikes: Being called a fake or copy of Meta Knight, people insulting his pride, Nightmare

Friends: Kirby, Tiff, Tuff, Dedede
Family: None known
Enemies: He sees Meta Knight as a arch-rival, but not so much of an arch-enemy. He does see Nightmare as an enemy and threat to the Mirror World

History: Dark Meta Knight hails from the Mirror World, a parallel dimension to Kirby's world. Originally he trapped Meta Knight in the Mirror World and split Kirby into 4. However, after being defeated, he grew to respect Kirby, and to a lesser extent, Meta Knight

Other:
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby (inactive) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Luna

Name: Lunalhia (but prefers Luna)
Species: Halcandran Dee
Role: Engineer, works for Meta Knight's crew

Personality: Quiet and very shy. Tends to be rather nervous, and typically doesn't have much to say. Very kindhearted and sweet once she warms up to you, and is extremely knowledgable and intelligent. Though she is cautious, she is also very naive, and has been known to sometimes get herself into danger because of that.

Abilities: Is a gifted engineer and accomplished astronomer, able to make many helpful inventions
Weaknesses: Lacks special powers of any sort, her timidity and dislike of conflict is often a setback

Likes: Inventing/building, the Meta-Knights, watching the night sky, her friends, butterflies, reading
Dislikes: Loud noises, having to be in large social situations, unkindness toward anyone, having to fight, cold weather

Friends: Kirby, Tiff, Tuff, Meta Knight & his crew, Magolor, Marx, Susie
Family: Her adoptive big brother Akhiranaar, who lives on Halcandra
Enemies: Nightmare

History: Once a very upbeat, outgoing and cheerful child born with an impressive knack for working with machinery, when Luna was still very young, she and her parents were both caught in an unexpected volcanic eruption. She was saved by another Halcandran Dee, named Akhiranaar, who was a ninja-in-training and thus skilled at evading such danger. However, her parents did not survive, claimed by the unforgiving explosion and seas of lava that resulted.

Left orphaned with nowhere to turn, Akhiranaar took her in and became an older brother figure to her, always looking out for Luna's safety and teaching her how to evade the dangers of Halcandra.

After the passing of several years, she came to Popstar to study the cultures and environments there, and ended up liking it. She decided to stay and ended up joining Meta Knight's crew, tasked with keeping track of repairs and upgrades on the Halberd due to her mechanical skill.

Other: Art is by Star.Diamondstar!
Last edited by (inactive) on Sat May 09, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(inactive)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me