Ending the One Hundred Year War - Avatar - O&A

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Ending the One Hundred Year War - Avatar - O&A

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Suyin
Firebender
Tags: Chihiro, frozen people

Suyin awkwardly patted her friend on the shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. She could understand his frustrations, after all she'd been stuck on the boat for an equal amount of time. The main difference was that Chihiro was on a mission, while Suyin was just enjoying time with her friend. It was honestly relaxing to her. Suyin's entire life was marked by high expectations which she inevitably fell short of, but Chihiro never pressured her as her parents and superiors did.
Instead of getting mad at her weak firebending abilities, he'd taught her how to fight with a sword. Temperamental as he could be sometimes, he had been incredibly patient with the slow-learning and awkward fledgling swordswoman. Now she felt pretty confident in her skills. What she lacked in literal firepower, she could make up for with the blade.
"I'm sure that once we warm them up, they'll be happy to talk to us," She said with a reassuring smile. "Oh, ideas, right... I was thinking this iceberg is too big to melt. If we can get closer and focus our fire on a small area, I think we could make a hole or tunnel. Do you think that would work?"
Focusing her fire was a tactic Suyin relied on to do any damage at all. Her firebending was so weak, she couldn't even start a wood fire unless she concentrated all her flames at one spot.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ iii, ☭ iii

Postby Zyn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:16 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxA s a m ixx
══════════════════
♡ Earthbender || Female || 19
♡ Location: Ba Sing Se
♡ Tags: Kairi
♡ Mood: Intrigued, Torn, Curious

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asami watched the blush fade from this girls cheeks, it appeared that whatever had caused her to become embarrassed had passed. She assumed that would be a good thing for them, after all that meant that this girl would feel more comfortable. Shifting slightly her grin broadened when she was given a name, Kairi. It was a very pretty name. Nodding along she was intrigued to find that Kairi was from Gaoling. She hadn't ever been there which was a bit surprising given how much her family traveled. She was pleased to see that Kairi took her offered candy and then elaborated, they weren't going to their home town either. "Oh shoot I didn't introduce myself sorry. You can call me Asami and I am not from here either. I am actually thinking about traveling to the Northern Water Tribe" she said brightly. The fact that she left out where she was from wasn't intentional it was just that she had traveled so much that she didn't really anywhere to call her home town. "Well since we are both heading out of the city do you want to sit together on the ride over to the wall?" she asked curiously as the train came into the station.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxC h i h i r oxx
═══════════════════════
☭ Exiled Prince || Firebender || Male || 20
☭ Location: Floating by a strange iceberg
☭ Tags: Two Sleeping Strangers, Suyin
☭ Mood: Worn Out, Confused, Irritated

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chihiro felt himself calming at the pat on the shoulder, for some reason Suyin could always calm him down in a way almost everyone else couldn't. Maybe it was because she could understand him, she had so much pressure growing up. Pressure to be someone that she wasn't in the same way his father had place so much pressure on him. Pressure to become someone he wasn't and didn't want to be. Sure he had the advantage of a quick on the up take, specifically with fire bending but it didn't make it any easier. It was why he had offered to teach Suyin how to use the sword, it had been his hope that her parents would lay off once she showed promise in the the art of the sword. In a way it had worked, it had given Suyin the confidence that she needed to ignore the jerks. Pushing those thoughts aside he peered at Suyin who seemed confident that they would be able to free the strangers from their icy tombs. He had his own doubts on the matter but instead of getting his friend down he nodded. "That's a good idea, between the two of us I bet we could get through the ice fairly quickly" he said with a nod. With the he made his way to the edge of the boat. Snagging the piece of rope he had tied to the side of the boat for when the docked somewhere he then leaped from the boat onto the edge of the giant iceberg. Taking a moment he pulled his sword out of the sheath on his hip and buried in the ice. Then tying the rope to his sword he glanced back at Suyin and motion for her to join him. Now that they didn't have to worry about their home floating away they could focus on freeing the only clue that they had in the year long search. "When you are ready aim at the same spot that I am heating with my fire" he said. Then focusing on his inner anger a funnel of fire burst from his palms and and the iceberg. The good thing about being angry all of the time was that he had plenty to work with. It meant that he had no trouble creating the flames, the issue came when he couldn't control his anger. That was something he had struggled with as a kid, not that he had let anyone know. Even Suyin didn't know just how much his out of control anger got sometimes.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twilight Prince » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:21 am

K A I R I x A M I__________________________
Lesbian / Earthbender / 18 / Cis Girl / Tags: Asami / Location: Ba Sing Se Monorail

"I wouldn't be opposed to that." Kairi said, messing around with the candy in her hand a bit. To be honest she didnt have anywhere in mind that she was going to go. She didnt want to head back home, but she loathed to stay here. Maybe she'd stick with the girl for a while, if she was lucky. Usually she wasnt. "It's better than sitting next to strangers." She hid her excitement from her tone and from what she said. Of course she wanted to sit next to the girl, but she wanted to still come off as more reserved and tough. It was what kept her safe, for the most part. It wasn't exactly her personality, but it was the way that she wanted and (told herself she) needed to be. She didnt want to risk getting into any sort of fight, not because she couldn't handle herself, but it wasn't worth her time, and she didn't want to disturb the peace and get arrested. She had goals in mind and was usually very focused, so being so flustered right now made her a bit uncomfortable. Why couldn't she be confident around attractive women?
Twilight Prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Iria
Waterbender
Tagged: Ganika

Iria's brow was furrowed in concentration as she shaped the water in her hand. She was supposed to be paying attention to her lesson, but one can only listen to the same spiel so many times. Iria was busy creating a little turtleneck, even going as far to animate it.
"Iria, it seems as if you have a patient." Her teacher chuckled, fully knowing that Iria was not paying attention whatsoever. The water in her hands splashed down, getting all over her lap. Iria never minded being wet, nor cold. Both had no effect on her anymore. She turned around, a grimace already on her face. The grimace quickly turned into a smile.
"Gani! Is Master Pakku being a grump again?" She chuckled, leaping up and practically dancing to her best friend's side. She wrapped her arm through his and tried to pull him with her.
"If you'll follow me, we'll get you all fixed up." She smiled, and then smiled wider as she hissed under her breath, "And I might get a scrape or two in the process from a fall or something, and might need to be healed." She hoped he got her meaning.
She hated the gender norms as much as he did. The way the world was going, they would need all of the healers they could get. And hopefully, they would be dispatching her out in the world to help with the War soon.
First though, she had to continue teaching some of the males how to heal.

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Suyin
Firebender
Tags: Chihiro, frozen people

"Thank you!" Suyin beamed at her friend's approval. A lifetime of disappointing her parents meant a drought of such validation, so Chihiro's encouragement was especially refreshing and comforting. After a year away from the suffocating influence of her military family, she'd found herself consistently happier. This journey with Chihiro was, so far, the best experience of her life. Suyin felt optimistic about the years to come as well - her future looked brighter and brighter.
She set her sword down before following her friend. Suyin wasn't quite as nimble as him, so the extra weight would put her off-balance and possibly send her into the freezing waters. At Chihiro's cue, she approached the bow of the boat, mentally preparing herself to jump. Dark, frigid water swirled below.
Suyin backed up from the edge, then took a running start and leaped onto the iceberg. She clambered to her feet, arms outstretched in an attempt to balance herself. Once her stance felt secure enough, she took a deep breath and focused on the same spot Chihiro was currently blasting. Raising her hands, she sent steady flares of yellow flame towards the ice. Her fire wasn't hot enough to be effective on its own, but in this situation, she could add further heat to Chihiro's flames.
After a few seconds, she noticed the ice retreating as the beginnings of a tunnel formed. "I think it's working!" Suyin said, sending forward another jet of lukewarm fire. It hardly reached the ice before it fizzled out as sparks. "Should we start using less fire? I don't want to burn those poor people." She also didn't want to admit that she'd burned herself out already, but Chihiro could probably tell. How embarrassing! I haven't even done much.

Ganika
Waterbender
Tags: Iria

Ganika was content to watch his friend's interesting antics. The sting of his numerous cuts didn't bother him much, it had mostly faded into the background by now. The adrenaline from those frustrating fights hadn't quite worn off yet. Watching Iria play with a turtle head fashioned out of water did, thankfully, calm him a bit.
When his friend's teacher called her attention, Ganika shot her a wide smile. He wasn't about to let his irritated mood influence his attitude. "Quite," He responded, laughing as he rose to his feet. "After I lost my fourth fight in a row, he kicked me out for the day. I say he did me a favor! The two of us need some time apart."
Ganika tried to be patient, but dealing with that stubborn old man drained a lot of his resolve. Master Pakku's nagging and badgering haunted his dreams as endlessly-droning background noise. Sometimes he wondered what his life would be like had the tribe raised him as a woman. Less annoying mentors, certainly, but he'd still feel the other piece of himself missing. It always bothered him how everyone was sorted into one box or the other. Male, female, it determined the path of your life. Strange, considering water was supposed to be the element of adaptability and balance.
Thankfully, his friend seemed to understand that. Ganika smiled at her quiet comment, and responded in a normal tone but ambiguous words. "Sounds like a plan," Was all he said, the plainness of his words hiding his excitement. He would finally be able to test his hand at healing a real person. While he was mildly concerned about the fall Iria planned to take, he trusted her judgement (and stubbornness) enough that he didn't mention it. He simply followed, only pausing for a moment to wave goodbye to the other ladies. It was only polite.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ iv, ☭ iv, ☯ i

Postby Zyn » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:37 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxA s a m ixx
══════════════════
♡ Earthbender || Female || 19
♡ Location: Ba Sing Se
♡ Tags: Kairi
♡ Mood: Intrigued, Torn, Curious

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asami beamed at her new friend and then gestured to the train. Moving forward she started to board the train that had just pulled into the station. "It will be nice to sit with someone as opposed to next to someone. I haven't really talked to anyone in awhile, at least not beyond the pleasantries of course. Ah do forgive me if I talk to much, if I am to much just let me know. Sometimes I can't stop my blabber mouth" she responded cheerfully. With that she turned her attention to the train, the goal was to find a good spot where she could look out a window if she wanted to. It would also have to have a spot for Kairi of course. Fairly quickly she found a spot the suited her needs. It was near the doors which meant it would make it easier to once they arrived at the wall. After all then they wouldn't have to wait for everyone else to get off first. Taking her spot next to the window she enthusiastically patted the seat next to her. "A pretty good spot if I do say so myself" she said with a wide grin. She hadn't noticed the way her new friend had held back her excitement, nor did she sense the way they were trying to seem reserved. Being a bit naive and oblivious seemed to be working in Kairi's favor even if the other girl didn't notice.

xxxxxxxxxC h i h i r oxx
═══════════════════════
☭ Tags: Two Strangers, Suyin

Chihiro glanced at Suyin out of the corner of his eye when he heard his friend join him on the iceberg. Quickly he returned his gaze back to the iceberg in front of them, he had faith that she would join him soon enough. Soon enough soft flames lept from Suyin's palms in steady flares. He nodded in agreement when he noticed the flames melting into a tunnel and he once again peered at his friend out of the corner of his eye. If he noticed the way her flames started to fizzle into sparks then he didn't show any signs. After all he knew his friend was working just as hard as him, she just didn't have the same anger that he did to fuel her fire. He opened his mouth to agree when something happened. The tunnel they had started suddenly burst, a gust of wind blew straight into the pair. He couldn't exactly see what was happening through the billowing icy wind that had kicked up some snow. However from what he could see there was a similar kind of bursts happening, shooting up the giant iceberg. Then all of sudden there was a loud boom and then whole iceberg was covered by the same strange wind and snow. A beam of light shown through the cloud and from where Chihiro was standing he could tell it went straight up into the sky, lighting up who knows how far. It took a few minutes for everything to clear. Once it did he was straightening and dragging his gaze up to the now jagged edges of the middle of the iceberg. As he watched the top of someones head slowly came into view. Watching uneasily Chihiro kept his eyes trained on the figure as it started to stand up. Glowing eyes suddenly landed on him and he leaped into a defensive stance. However instead of attacking them the figure just stood there. Then the glowing eyes closed and the figure pitched forward and tumbled down the side of the iceberg and slide to a halt at their feet. Long brown hair lay like a fan around the the unconscious figure. As he leaned forward the strangers eyes slowly flickered open revealing sky blues that where hazy with sleep.

xxxxxxxxxK a z u y axx
══════════════════════
☯ The Avatar || Airbender || Male || 18
☯ Location: On an iceberg
☯ Tags: Chihiro, Suyin
☯ Mood: Confused, Worried, Out of Sorts

Sky blue eyes flickered open without focusing on the the things in front of them. The haziness of sleep was still heavily upon Kazuya so it took awhile for him to come around. The blurry figures in front of him slowly came into focus and he zeroed in on the two benders before him. Slowly sitting up he winced as he leaned on his hair. He visibly froze and his gaze dropped the sea of hair around him. Then as though moving a trance he reached out and lifted a few strands of his absurdly long brown hair. Without even looking up from his hair he spoke four words. "What year is it? After all hair didn't really grow all that fast, it would have to have been years since his last memory. Which was hazy at best. Dropping his hair he lifted his gaze to the benders once again and peered at them through his long bangs. There was a small part of him that wanted to know what he looked like, however that would have to take the back burner. It was much more important to figure out what was going on. The world had been without the Avatar for however many years that he had slumbered.
Last edited by Zyn on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Et100YW ☸ Zopa 1 ➵ Reiko 1

Postby Chamrosh » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:45 pm

⊱ ☵☵☵☵ ☵☵☵☵ ⊰
Air-bender (master)
Zopa Jigme
Traveller
Heterosexual

Somewhere over the Southern Ocean
@Southern Ocean Bound Peeps
⊱ ☵☵☵☵ ☵☵☵☵ ⊰

Zopa had been looking for the avatar for a long time now. It was in-between other pieces of course - there was much hurt in the world, and much a simple nomad could help people to overcome and heal from - but on-going, and it had been since he'd started travelling on his own.
    xxxxxHe didn't have a flying bison.
    xxxxxThey drew too much attention.
    xxxxxIf an air-nomad was willing to adjust their tattoos for subtlty, then they were certainly willing to give up having a bison.
    xxxxxBut it really, really, would be nice, instead of having to rely on his staff and concentration, and luck on finding floating ice to rest on for sleep frequently enough...
    xxxxxIf he had understood correctly - and the stories were told frequently enough that it would be unlikely that he hadn't - the boy who was going to have been the air-bending avatar had lived in the Southern Air Temple, and far too young to be an experienced traveller. There'd been no signs from other nations of another avatar being born. Either the avatar was dead, or he'd hidden himself very well. He'd have started from the Southern Air Temple, and likely couldn't navigate very far, and that meant he was almost certainly somewhere very far south.
    xxxxxNot that that deduction had helped at all in finding him so far...
    xxxxxIcebergs were frequent enough now that reaching the next one rarely took more than a few minutes, and remembering not to approach low-down meant Zopa was far above where katabatic winds were ever a significant issue.
    xxxxxHe was going to drop down soon, to observe more closely. He'd spent a couple of years looking for the avatar, and Zopa knew full well that that wasn't nearly enough to have explored and scaled everything, to have examined everywhere. There was still so much to look at...
    xxxxxAnd he was moving well into spaces he hadn't looked through yet.
    xxxxxHe knew his chances of finding the avatar was low. Zopa had long since accepted this. But fresh eyes never hurt, and it felt like the least he could do to spend a few years looking regularly.
    xxxxxHis eyes scanned around below him, watching carefully for any signs of anything... There was a boat in the distance, and a few figures out on the ice...
    xxxxxThey caught his attention, particularly with the fire, so close to the water tribe's land.
    xxxxxBut for now... patience. It was far more useful to really know what was happening than anything else. He knew his way well enough back to the southern water tribe, and they would definitely appreciate knowing more. For now it just looked like a couple of lone figures, and a single boat and nothing more. Maybe they were exiles?
    xxxxxZopa raised a little higher, high enough up that if someone wasn't watching too carefully, they'd mistake him for some sort of bird, and drew in closer, trying to get a better look. Circling widely. It was too high to know what was really going on in detail, but not so high that any violence would ever be mistaken for anything else.
SupercallifragilisticexpialidociousEvenThoughTheSoundOfItIsSomethingQuiteAtrociousIfYouSayItLoudEnoughYou'llAlwaysSoundPrecociousSupercallifragilisticexpialadocious
⊱ ☵☵☵☵ ☵☵☵☵ ⊰
Fire-Nation (non-bender)
Jee Reiko
Soldier
Asexual Panromantic

Ba Sing Se Train
@Asami, Kairi
⊱ ☵☵☵☵ ☵☵☵☵ ⊰

It really wasn't that hard to get inside the walls of Ba Sing Se if you wanted to, you knew what you were doing, and you were half-way decent at disguises and excuses. All of these applied to Reiko. The commander of her unit had been wanting someone to get information, and, well, this was a better way to get it than the others had suggested when she'd come up with it. Now she'd done it, and spend a few weeks inside the wall, it really didn't come across that way.
    xxxxxThe longer Reiko spent inside, the more obvious it was that normal information couldn't be gained by just living as a citizen for a while, and escaping her little escort, that creepy Joo Dee, was proving to be more trouble than it was worth. She'd been given three weeks for information. She'd spent all of them. She'd learned a few little details that would be useful once they were inside, but as none of the citizens seemed to know there was a war in any form, and all of them seemed to firmly believe that the wall really was impenetrable... Well.
    xxxxxAnything useful was bound to need to get into the palace for, and the simple earth kingdom boy she'd adopted the identity of wasn't going to have any reason to go there. No, Jang Daichi - as far as anyone here was concerned - was just a simple boy who came to see the sights as his whole holiday that his employer allowed him. It was an easy cover story, particularly as it was half-true already. Jang Diachi - as the people here knew him - had no need for weaponry, and, as such, it was all very carefully stowed and hidden away.
    xxxxxAnd now she'd given up on gaining more information, a couple days' early, and was leaving again.
    xxxxxOn the train.
    xxxxxBlending in with the crowd always drew less attention, but then, did it matter so much if Reiko drew attention or not now?
    xxxxxNot really.
    xxxxxReiko was still dressed as a boy. Her bow was about the only thing missing from her appearance that she usually carried. Long green sleeves covered up where the metal fit around her arms, hair held up in a far more common ornamentation for the earth kingdom, heavy boots... A large bag went a long way to hiding things, especially as alchemy supplies and plant material looked far more innocent than the weaponry hidden at the bottom.
    xxxxxShe had an agreement with her higher up to leave a message where it would be seen if she caught a good lead and good reason to follow anyone, but the chances of that being needed now were low. She'd probably just pick up her bow and return to the meeting place that had been agreed upon. Sneaking away for several more weeks, and back to combat...
    xxxxxBut for now... It felt nice to be out of armour. So did being in a crowd and being seen as equal, not something to shy away from at all. From a little ways back, Reiko observed, and, catching her eye, two girls starting flirting. Goodness, it was clear that smaller girl thought the taller was pretty. And it was adorable. She was allowed to find what people from inferior other nations did adorable, okay? When it was!
    xxxxxShe followed onto the train, and stepped around a bit, looking for spaces, and, eventually slipped into the space opposite... the two girls she'd been watching. Oh.
    xxxxxWell. Maybe it was okay to talk to them?
    xxxxxShe smiled a little, to herself, and spoke, almost on behalf of the shorter girl. Neither of them looked either like threats, or like they were high-ups within the kingdom, which meant this was only useful for something Reiko far preferred; talking to people like an equal. Even if they were from the Earth Kingdom and therefore weren't equals.
    xxxxx"It is a nice spot. I'm Jang Daichi, and, I can move if you two want me to move." There was absolutely no sense of hesitation in her voice. Very deliberate, very precise, and it shone through like a torch. The fact she was pushing it down a little was far more subtle. Almost certainly, it wouldn't be noticed. She'd had her whole life to practice that.

OoC: Sorry these are both long aaaaa
      I like my exposition? I like context? That's my full defense.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Suyin
Firebender
Tags: Chihiro, Kazuya, "bird"

The wind smacked Suyin right in the face, and before she could process what was happening, the world turned into a blinding swirl of rushing snow. In the midst of the storm's sudden onset, her first instinct was to grab her friend. She leaped to Chihiro's side, hugging him tightly against the raging wind. It couldn't blow them away if they stuck together.
With a sound not unlike an explosion, a pillar of light flared out from the iceberg. Suyin didn't know what to expect. Just what was going on, some form of ancient bending arts? Was the spirit world going to open up and swallow them whole? She reassured herself in her mind that whatever craziness happened next, it could never be as scary as her Mother's "I'm not mad, just disappointed" charade. That was the most terrifying thing in the world.
When the unnatural winds finally settled down, Suyin noticed a strange figure before them. The boy from the iceberg. She immediately released Chihiro, hoping she didn't embarrass him in front of the stranger. Of course, she hadn't even noticed the other stranger hovering overhead.
"Hello?" Suyin ventured, trying to make eye contact with the odd glowing eyes. She wasn't too alarmed until the boy fell forward, sliding down the iceberg until he lay at their feet.
Thankfully, the stranger opened his eyes - and they looked normal this time. No eerie otherworldly glowing. That was a good sign, right? He seemed fine, if not a little dazed. Now the ridiculous amount of hair flowing from his head was the only strange thing about him. That, and the fact that he'd come fresh out of an iceberg...
"Hi," Suyin waved at the boy awkwardly. "Are you okay? You must be cold after all that." She pointed to the remnants of the iceberg they'd been attacking just moments ago. The poor lad must be freezing. Of course, Suyin's instinctive reaction was 'hug', but she managed to hold herself back. It would be awkward - maybe even culturally offensive - to suddenly attack the stranger with an unsolicited hug.
"Oh! How rude of me, I didn't answer your question." She took a moment to focus, thinking back from history lessons in the Fire Nation. Who knew how long the poor boy was trapped in ice? Could be twenty years. She needed to think of a reference point, an event so solidly ingrained in history that no one could miss it.
Then, it hit her. "It's been ninety-nine years since Sozin's Comet passed by. Does that help?"
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☭ v, ☯ ii

Postby Zyn » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:13 am

xxxxxxxxxC h i h i r oxx
═══════════════════════
☭ Tags: Two Strangers, Suyin

Chihiro hadn't been surprised when Suyin had latched onto his side, her response to most thing was to hug. With anyone else he would have been bothered but he wasn't irritated at all. Upon finding the stranger that had emerged from the iceberg non threatening he dropped his defensive stance and settled into a more relaxed one. Arms folded across his chest and his brows furrowed and his lips curved down in his trademark irritated frown. He was many things but being warm and friendly was not one of them. So instead he took a small step back to give himself distance from this young man. Allowing his friend to make the first steps in contacting the strange person at their feet he just watched. There wasn't much he could do outside of watching the strange young man. With his gaze riveted on the two in front of him he didn't notice the stranger hovering above them. There seemed to be some strange things about this person, the first being that they had just fallen out of an iceberg and had so much hair. The second was the fact that their expression was blank even though he could tell from their gaze that they were awake and fully aware of everything happening around them. Upon making that discovering he realized that there actually were small hints to tell what emotion this boy was experiencing. He first noticed it when there was a slight widening of their sky blue eyes, indicating surprise at the event that Suyin have given. However he never found out why they were surprised because the boy seemed to get distracted and leaped to his feet. Chihiro was suddenly very grateful that he had taken a step back when this tall stranger suddenly used airbending to skillfully and with practiced ease lift himself into the air and onto the broken iceberg. "HEY! WAIT A SEC" he shouted after them as though just now realizing that they were leaving. Lunging into a sprint he scrambled after the airbender. He only just crested the iceberg when he came to a shuddering halt. A sky bison lay slumbering in the middle of the iceberg.

xxxxxxxxxK a z u y axx
══════════════════════
☯ The Avatar || Airbender || Male || 18
☯ Location: On an iceberg
☯ Tags: Chihiro, Suyin
☯ Mood: Confused, Worried, Out of Sorts

Kazuya couldn't help but notice the way the male took a step back and fixed him with a frown and furrowed brows. Irritation seemed to drip off the other male. His gaze then flickered over to the taller female who waved at him awkwardly and greeted him. She seemed much friendlier than her grumpy companion. Following her finger he glanced back at the iceberg and then returned his gaze to her and offered a very tiny shrug. Maybe he was supposed to be cold but he didn't feel it. Watching silently he could see that she was trying to think of something, though he wasn't sure why it took so long to come up with the year. The answer that he got however shocked him and his eyes widened minutely. His reasons for his shock? The first reason was that he hadn't ever heard of Sozin's Comet and given how she had said it had to have been a big event. There was no excuse for why couldn't have known about a huge event that could have been used as a historical reference point. The second reason was that it had been ninety-nine years since this event. Which meant that it had been at least ninety-nine years since he had last been awake. It could have been much longer than that for all he knew. He almost asked her another question when he remembered who had been with him. "Hayate" a whisper on his lips. Then he was leaping to his feet. Without giving it any thought he manipulated the air under his feet to lift himself into the air. As he lifted himself he turned mid air so that by the time he was at the level of the ridge of the iceberg he could just step forward. Rushing over to his sky bison's side he gently rubbed the large bison's nose. At the feeling of air he let out a breath, his bison was just sleeping. Moving to the saddle that was still strapped to Hayate's side he pulled out a leather band. With quick motions he pulled his long hair up into a pony tail. It wasn't much but at least it wouldn't hang in his face. Then he moved back to Hayate and started the arguas task of trying to awaken his friend. He had taken no notice of the irritated male yelling after him, nor did he pay much mind to the figure far above them.
Last edited by Zyn on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Et100YW ☸ Zopa 2 ➵ Reiko 1 [refer back]

Postby Chamrosh » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:38 am

⊱ ☵☵☵☵ ☵☵☵☵ ⊰
Air-bender (master)
Zopa Jigme
Traveller
Heterosexual

Somewhere over the Southern Ocean
@Chihiro, Suyin, Kazuya
⊱ ☵☵☵☵ ☵☵☵☵ ⊰

xxxxThe burst of light caught Zopa's attention very firmly, but then, it was hard for something like that not to.
    xxxxSomething like that would probably have got the attention of whoever was around for a long way. It might be a good idea to try to move out of the area before too long, in case that brought any reinforcements that these fire benders might have nearby, but, for now, that felt a lot like it should be observed. After all, Zopa was more than capable of getting out of there quickly, should he see any Fire Nation ships approaching, and anything that dramatic was likely to be linked to spirits somehow. It normally paid off to pay attention to the spirits and offer whatever help they needed that you could achieve without harming anyone.
    xxxxZopa had to shield his eyes against the light of it, turning his head into his shoulder and closing his eyes, and his little loop wavered a little with the loss of sight, but he recovered quickly enough to very safely avoid any risks of crashing into anything.
    xxxxHe came down a little closer, enough now to make out that there were a few new....
    xxxxWas that a flying bison?
    xxxxHow had a flying bison got here?
    xxxxA little further in the descent still, wanting to keep an eye out and prevent any potential altercations that might happen.
    xxxxThe long-haired figure - it was hard to make out more than that from this distance - seemed to be panicking about something.
    xxxxZopa sighed a little, but, if he was panicking, that likely meant there was some form of danger, and with that sudden burst of light! Well, there were only so many things that would cause that, and, in any case, either this was a very likely lead, or a person who needed protection imminently. Either was likely to need him down on the ground.
    xxxxHe turned his glider downwards swiftly, not exactly dive-bombing, not swift enough for that, but coming down low a little ways off, far enough away that that shouldn't be taken as a threat, and turned his glider inwards towards the iceberg, moving more slowly, but still fast enough to be able to act if anything dangerous seemed to be about to happen. being closer, it was easier to see that these were just teenagers, too. He wasn't much older, but if that light was a sign of anything powerful spiritually, even a few years' of experience would make a huge difference.
    xxxxHis feet touched deftly onto the ice, near the edge, off to one side. He had a few different layers on, none of which seemed that warm, but, then, a combination of mental discipline and subtly bending air currents around him to trap in the warmest air he could manage helped a lot with that. He stood in an open pose, one hand slightly lifted, but otherwise looking completely calm and unphased, and his posture and his face combined to make it clear that he wasn't a threat to anyone, if even a second was spent to analyse his appearance.
    xxxxThe other hand lifted in a sort of half-greeting, very calm and slow. His attention was back at the figure (although he was keeping a very close eye on that fire bender who charged in, ready at a moment's notice to help stop and calm any fighting that might break out here). How had their hair got that long? That had to be a long time without cutting it. Zopa hadn't encountered anyone with hair even close to that length. It took several years to get hair to be genuinely long. That was genuinely impressive. And with that light, and them instantly trying to restrain it again? The only reasonable conclusion was that they couldn't cut it, and that why they couldn't connected to the spirit realm somehow.
    xxxxAnd that flying bison? At the very least, they had to be an air-bender. And they seemed to have some connection to spirits, if that light was anything to go by. And they had to have been trapped somehow for long enough for their hair to grow like that. And they were in the middle of the Southern ocean...
    xxxxZopa didn't mention his conclusion - optimistic as he was about people, mentioning it to two strange fire benders who may or may not still try to attack him seemed foolhardy indeed - but his hand closed just a little tighter around his staff. The closest he was ready to show to excitement.
SupercallifragilisticexpialidociousEvenThoughTheSoundOfItIsSomethingQuiteAtrociousIfYouSayItLoudEnoughYou'llAlwaysSoundPrecociousSupercallifragilisticexpialadocious
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me