A Second Chance [Terra Nova Role-Play]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: A Second Chance [Terra Nova Role-Play- accepting]

Postby rose; » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 am

sorry for making you guys wait >.< I should have a reply typed up by tonight, tomorrow at latest ^^ please notify me if you don't think you can still participate though, since if you aren't able to, I don't think we'll have enough members to start ^^
rose;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Second Chance [Terra Nova Role-Play]

Postby rose; » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 pm

The vehicle bounced its way along the half overgrown tail, making the boy sitting on the edge bounce up and down jarringly in his seat. He held tightly onto his sonic, his face grim and set even though his tail bone was rather painfully hitting the metal of the vehicle every time they went over anything other than a very small bump. The boy was younger looking than a lot of the other men along- and women of course, and was. He was only nineteen years old, having been sent back to Terra Nova at age of eight. His family had won the lottery and sent him, hoping their son would have a better life. He had joined the military the moment he could, and was now off to see his first pilgrimage. The troops had to be there to greet the newcomers to show them the way, make sure there was no injuries, and make sure the sixers were not taking the people, teaching them their ways. The boy was named James- Jamison, to be formal.

"Keep your eyes open! We're in slasher territory now!" he heard Commander Shepard yell, sounding almost happy about it. It made James smirk slightly and shake his head, laughing inside. The commander always sounded happy about a good fight, or the chance of one. However, his expression quickly turned grim. Slashers were nasty things, and if one- or worse, a pack of them- were around, they'd have no chance in reaching the pilgrims in time, and they'd most likely perish too- the fortunate ones from shock as thy came through the portals. It was nasty to see people writhing on the ground while thy couldn't breath, their bodies unable to take in oxygen rich air. It happened every time and scared him every time, as it was becoming more and more common. It was all the more evidence that the world in 2030 was degrading more and more, becoming more and more inhabitable.

The line of vehicles with soldiers perched on their edges made the way through the unforgiving trees without incident, and the soldiers got down first, setting up two tents and making sure the portal was secure and in functioning order. Everyone was in a bit of a rush, needing to be set up before anyone started arriving. The medical staff was setting up their own equipment, making sure they would be able to help anyone who came through injured or anything else. James was one of those who stood guard, keeping a close eye on the trees for any sixers or dinosaur that would try and take a bite out of them. It had happened before- the last pilgrimage had been interrupted in the middle of everything, and they'd lost a few of their men and a few of the people coming over before things were bale to be brought under control. It was a risk they all knew of and took however.

His attention was caught as the portal sputtered to life, bringing with it an almost blinding light to look in. James made his way back to where the rest of the people helping others through were standing, a bit off to the side so they could step in and take hold of someone to guide them to the medics. It was an important job if you thought about it- some of the people panicked, some of them passed out almost immediately. Nothing could prepare you for it. James received a pair of sunglasses to give to the person when they came through to help them adjust to the bright light of the sun, and something to help the person breath if they needed it. Then came the wait- all of the eagerly staring at the swirling mess of the portal. He could hear someone communicating with the commander, but he didn't listen too hard, more concentrated on the portal and its mesmerizing colors.

It was just minutes before the first flash of light came, coming with it someone stumbling through with a pack. the first person stepped forward and helped them to their feet, already starting to explain things to the dazed person as they gazed around in surprise. He lost track of the amount of people sent through, until the person who came through was much smaller than the rest of them had been. He recognized the face, and he knew it was the person he had been waiting for. It was his sister- he didn't know if she remembered him, but he had received a picture of her every pilgrimage- the only time they could communicate- from his parents and had been told she would becoming over on the next one. "I've got this one!" he called out, stepping forward and lifting the girl into his arms. "Izzy! Do you know me?" he asked her with a wide grin, and by her enthusiasm of how she threw her arms around his neck he assumed she did. He walked her over to the medical team in one of the tents, setting her down as they waited. "Mommy told me you'd wait for me," she told him, tugging on his sleeve. James smiled, giving a nod.

[ so, yeah... leaves you free for whatever ^^ ]
rose;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Second Chance [Terra Nova Role-Play]

Postby Sapphy. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Seraine Ciacel

The crowd of people moved quickly and swiftly, taking out their glass passports and showing it to officials several times as they proceeded. Among the masses was a rather odd boy whose dark hair was uncommon even among the many heads. The strangest things about him, however, were his eyes. They analyzed everything with a quick motion and interpreted them with a scientific understanding. If one had the luck of finding such a person, their own eyes would end up glued on them. Trying to understand what they saw, though to no avail.

After showing the passport to another official once again, he shoved it into a small pocket of his black cardigan that was stitched above his breast. Unlike most of the people around him who carried huge bags filled with precious things such as momentums of the families and lives they are about to leave behind or tokens from lovers, the boy only carried a small shoulder bag as well as a satchel. If you were to check inside the shoulder bag, inside it laid two glass computers that contained thousands of books and journal entries as well as research and in a little pocket on the inside, two replacement chips to be used if the current ones died.
The only personal object besides that was a silver pocket watch which he had found many years ago. But that was a different story.
“Seraine!” A laughing voice called out to him from behind. It was his mother. Rather young for a mother of a child who was 14 years of age. Her eyes also glinted with intelligence, though not of the same magnitude or type as the boy. Next to her was a tall man who was also rather young and handsome though he had unkempt hair, sideburns and well as stubble on his lower face that suggested he hadn’t shaved for a few days. The man’s eyes were even more similar to the boy’s. At least, the type of analyzing intelligence they showed were more alike than the curiosity the woman’s hinted.
Though the two adults looked as excited as they usually were, Seraine just frowned back at his parents, unamused. Though his mind and wonder betrayed him, he had to desire to be here. He disliked 2149 and the fact that they had to use rebreathers and the likely hood that the place was doomed, but even then, the thing he disliked the most about it was not going to change once they went to the so-called place, Terra Nova.
There, his parents said he would go through various apprenticeships from lab research, scientific experimentation with the field work that other’s collected genetic engineering, and even some actual field work. Things that involved the fields of archeology and science in general. He was told he would skip the usual school learning since he had completed everything already and even received two degrees. He would be used and manipulated because of his talents and judged even more.
Oh, the joy of it.

He mumbled a few thoughts under his breath and then continued walking independently from his parents. They were more immature in personality than toddlers. To let them guide him through this place was like dooming himself to be a needle in a haystack. Even with the crowds they’d probably get lost, he thought. Finally, the group reached a windy portal. Flashes came every now and then as another person crossed to the other side. Sooner than expected, it was his turn. He mumbled a blessing of good luck he had the habit of repeating in such peculiar occasions. “Let’s hope the apple falls far from the tree.” It was more related to his situation turning out the most unlike his parent’s than anything else. Despite being foolishly lucky, the two of them always ended up in some kind of mess. Seraine often swore it’d be the end of them.
And then, without another word or thought, he crossed to the other side.

---

More than anything else, crossing the portal was like a fall. It lifted you and then dropped you into something completely different than the modernized world Seraine had just left behind. And then it was like a surge of wind that knocked the air out of you, but more overwhelming. The sensation of not having to use a rebreather with so much air available was something simply astonishing.
However, this type of astonishing also knocked the consciousness out of Seraine almost as soon as he took a few steps. Oh joy. He had made it to the most unexplored place possible and the first thing he did was pass out. That’s luck for you.

[Sorry I replied so late and that its so lacking. I was occupied watching the series. It really is a great show :3 ]

Last bumped by Sapphy. on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 pm.
Sapphy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me