a new world | multifandom rp | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Rory 15

Postby wolfrunner » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:04 am

‘The Golden Guard' l female l The Owl House l tagged - Mio

Rory immediately looked up from where she knelt on the sand working. After the bush and patch of edible fungi had appeared the Witchling had gone on to replace some of the debris convincingly as possible around them. That way it appeared that both plants had been there the entire time only just well hidden. It was a pain in the but and took time but totally necessary to prevent questions about suddenly appearing plant life. Let alone a suddenly appearing food source no less. Doubly so considering when Mio reappeared back at their little campsite and being somewhat successful herself by the looks of it as the other teen set down a makeshift spear and several fish.

Sitting upright on her heels, the female Witchling watched her companion before giving a nod. “I didn’t go too far from here before I decided to backtrack and make sure we didn’t miss anything that could be useful around here. It took a little time, must have missed them because of the forest debris covering them, but it’s something. Not much but something.”, Rory looked to the plants for a moment before proceeding to push herself to her feet with a bit of a grunt in the process like she’d been kneeling awhile. After which she promptly started cleaning a few sandy grains from her pants and hem of her cloak. It was here it finally dawned on her that being on a shore was going to be annoying considering her uniform, but there was a river with fresh running clean water at least. Rory would just have to go off on her own and take a swim and use those moments to was her uniform free of sand and such. There was no other way around that. “Anyway. With both of us having luck in finding food there has to be something we can do with all this to pull some sort of meal together. I already made sure that both were edible.....the berries may be an acquired taste since they’re pretty bitter but it’s possible to get used to them.”

‘Acquired’ may have been a bit of a lie. Goreberries were indeed edible and harmless but utterly disgusting in taste to eat, not even Palisman ate the small fruits which grew on the Isles and the critters were made from wood. You’d think they wouldn’t mind them. Yet the only Palismen whom the young teen had ever seen happily devour one of the odd berries was the little red Cardinal which always accompanied her father. Plus it was a Boiling Isles food. If Mio was truly a human as she claimed to be, then there was no telling how such foods would sit with her once she ate them. It had taken the only other human who the female Witchling knew about months to get used to eating food from the Demon Realm and even that was with seriously stubborn determination. There were few foods a human could freely eat upon arrival where she was from.

Then again if the female Off-Seer really was human then she wasn’t from the Human Realm which the girl was familiar with. So, maybe, Mio could handle eating things from her home. No way to know for sure unless they tried.

When the discussion turned to firewood and a means of cooking what they’d managed to collect for a meal, the teen was quiet for a brief moment. Then, “If you could try and get a fire moving I could go back out and search for wood. Or we could switch though my fire making skills aren’t exactly the best.” That last bit had obvious sourness to the girl’s voice like she was loathe to admit such a thing. Which admittedly the young teen was very much.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Yggdrasil - 6

Postby Soup5 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:52 pm

Yggdrasil (disguise) Lane/Nonbinary/Beyond the Realm (personal project)/Tag: Malva

Everything Yggdrasil needs to say has been said. Yggdrasil briefly appeared shocked when Magos gave the same response as the old acquaintances Yggdrasil has met before. However, her response was also expected. Will Yggdrasil change their plan because of these words coming from her mouth? "...I see... I am nothing but a tool to you..." Yggdrasil muttered under their breath as Magos resumed her walk. Third time she hesitated... A sudden headache forced Yggdrasil to squat down - arms covering away from their face. The blotched on their 'scarves' has now infected the top. Yggdrasil regathered themselves before following behind Magos, unbothered by the threat pointing at Yggdrasil that will fire at them any moment.
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xi. Iddie | iii. Snowspore

Postby Kveykva » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:44 am

──────── 𝐈𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞
    [] | psychopomp | he/they | ➡ forest | tags: Noah
    𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑧𝑧𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑧𝑧
Iddie nodded briefly to Noah's explanation. The machinations of war were something reapers found equally perplexing and astounding. It was a common sight among sapient species, and it kept his kind flitting about like worker bees during its duration. Yet he never understood the frequency of it in their culture, but Iddie supposed such understanding was beyond his capacity. "Well, unless this world has interfered with my ability to determine an individual's death, yours will not be coming before the end of your two terms." The reaper stated monotonously, and a brief pause followed. "I should not have told you that. You'll have to forgive me." A hint of sheepishness tinged his otherwise emotionless tone, but it was a fleeting change.

Noah stated he could only determine a machine's intent based on its actions, which is what Iddie expected. "Yes," the reaper began. "That is what I assumed you meant. Animals, humans, and nearly every other creature possess instincts, as well as some degree of self-preservation. Things such as gut feelings and social cues are beyond me, but I will do my best to aid you in spite of that." Before the conversation could continue, Noah excused himself into some of the deeper parts of the woods. The purpose of the action was unknown, but Iddie felt it necessary to offer a warning to the other before his departure. "Ah - do not be afraid when you return! You may forget my existence for a moment, and I am unsure how long it may take for that to pass."

There was a slim chance that this strange place altered the reaper's perception filter, for lack of a better word. They hadn't noticed any particular effects they would attribute to their proximal amnesia, but they expected it just... hadn't kicked in yet. Noah's disappearance didn't last long, though in truth Iddie wasn't sure how long the other had been gone in the first place. The sun didn't appear to have moved far, but it was difficult to tell through the thick canopy. "Oh, good! You've returned - and it seems my amnesic properties have yet to begin affecting you." Iddie listened as Noah gave a short explanation for his absence. They hadn't been purposefully eavesdropping, but some bits of the conversation did reach the reaper's ears (wherever those were hiding within the mass of butterfly wings). "I believe that is an excellent idea." Iddie agreed. "I am certain it must be a relief to know you are not completely alone in this place, and there is a benefit to regrouping with your colleague. Although, if we are to leave immediately," the reaper gestured to the machine, going as far as to lift it off the ground and present it with relative ease. "Would you like me to carry our disabled friend here? I do not know much about your ally, but I would hope they are more attuned to machines than either of us."

──────── 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐞
    [] | fungus leshy | male | druid | dungeons & dragons | ➡ forest | tags: Dawn
    𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑛 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
"Please, l-let's not," the druid said meekly. Retchling didn't seem to grasp the potential danger, but he was still a juvenile bird after all. Snowspore was visibly relieved when Scream introduced themselves and accepted the cloth to clean up. "It is nice to meet you, Scream!" The oddity of the name was completely lost on the leshy. "And - again, I am very sorry for Retchling's behavior. He's still young and getting used to the world." He was trained, sure, but Snowspore hadn't been caring for him long enough to have trained out all of Retchling's negative manners.

With introductions out of the way, Snowspore took a moment to try and get a read on the forest around them. It was a very old forest - he could tell that much. In the time before he took the form of a leshy, he could have had long, deep conversations with the other spirits of the woods. Those memories are much more faded in this form, but he could do other things more effectively this way. "I guess if we want any kind of explanation for where we are and what we're supposed to do, we aren't going to find it here." He decided. "We'll probably have to find somewhere to stay before it gets dark."
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a new world | multifandom rp | o&a

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:27 am

Malva Falx||257||Warhammer 40k||Tagged: Yggdrasil
    Satisfied that her daemonic companion wasn't going to be a further disturbance, Malva continued cutting a path through the undergrowth, her axe's power field making short work of the various plant plantlife. In short order, they arrived at their destination, a small group of automata milling through the forest seemingly at random. They were humanoid, and human-sized, vaguely reminiscent of the Thallax battle-automata that had once been fielded during the Great Heresy. While her data-tether did register their presence, their machine spirits were unfamiliar to her, and she was unable to glean any further information about their systems. Before they could notice either of them, the tech-priest sent a data-djinn through their systems, blinding them to their presence temporarily. +I cannot properly interface with these automata, + she announced, +they are not of Imperial make. Do you have any relevant skills?+

Khamadi||2537||Warhammer Fantasy||Tagged: Shui
    "Then clearly you need better shipwrights," Khamadi said, standing back up and brushing herself off. The construct didn't look like it would be any bigger than a Necrosphinx, and while she was by no means a great seafarer her flat-bottomed river boats still had no trouble transporting those. Something like this would pose no issue for her forces.

She ignored the fleshling's exhortation that she was human. She clearly wasn't, both her wings and her lifespan attested to that, but it wasn't worth arguing over. It wasn't like she'd be around long enough for it to matter. She was, however, right about their current situation, the state of this construct certainly spoke against a buried empire like her own. She could feel the death in the ground, too, though it was long faded. Whateger secrets this world held, they wouldn't be found here. "Onwards, then," the Tomb King commanded, with the clear implication that Shui should take the lead, "I would be rid of this place, before the damp rots me further." It was clear that they were both out of their favored terrain, but Shui seemed to have an easier time moving through the forest than she did, so it was only logical that Khamadi employ her as a scout.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

noah ( 012 ) | mio ( 014 ) | shui ( 007 )

Postby Ploegy » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:54 am

Noah!!
      xxxmale eighteen years old xc3 tagged: iddie
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Noah quirked a brow at Iddie's word, but decided not to question them for now. Trying to understand everything the reaper spoke of was going too be too difficult for him, he had already determined that much. His thirst for learning such information would have to stay at bay for the time being. If it wasn't going to help him in his current situation then he had to put it aside for now. There was no point in trying to take too much in anyways. His mind was already too full as is and adding more to it to question only seemed worse and in the long run it would only be more for Mio to have to deal with whenever they were together again and were able to use their ouroboros powers again. He could only imagine how overwhelming receiving all his thoughts would be for her, especially if it was all about things that meant little to escaping this place, but then again, the insight that Iddie was able to give on death was something Noah couldn't help feeling intrigued by. He often questioned things, that the other seemed to have answers for, which to him, was surprising. Not even Mio had answers when they spoke it over, though he supposed that was to be expected. They only had access to the same kind of information at the end of the day.

Pushing the the thought aside, Noah gave a nod at the reaper's next words. "It will be nice to regroup with someone I know, especially since it will allow for the two of us to protect our allies better," he stated, not bothering to elaborate on that statement. Explaining what ouroboros was to someone who had never seen it or even heard of it was difficult. It was better to show than try to put into words, even if such a thing was possible. Finding the right words was the hard part. Moving his mind past it, his gaze moved towards the machine which he had taken down and let a soft, thoughtful hum escape his lips. What would they do with it? It was a good question, though Noah wasn't sure lugging it around would benefit them in some manner. From his knowledge, Mio had no expertise in dealing with mechanical things. Riku was the only one that had much knowledge in such, but the nopon wasn't present. It was unfortunate. With his expertise they could have probably figured something out, but it wasn't to be.

"I don't think we're going to have any use for our mechanical friend," he admitted with a small shake of his head. It was a waste to leave it behind, but what use would it even have moving forward? Even breaking it down for part wouldn't do them much good as far as he was concerned, unless they needed to use its parts to build something entirely different. "Leaving it behind might be the best idea. I don't think it's going to be use to use sadly. My friend doesn't have any experience with machines either." He figured it might come off as disappointing to Iddie, but it wasn't something he could control. The only thing that would be useful were the berries from before. Looking around momentarily, he spotted the bush once again and returned to it. Beginning to pick them, the off-seer was careful as he stored them away into one of the pockets of his jacket. While it wasn't an ideal place to horde them, he did have limited space and for now it would have to suffice. "Whenever you're ready, we should try and find this river Mio spoke of. It'll be our best bet of finding our way to her."

Mio!!
      xxxfemale nineteen years old xc3 tagged: rory

"Bitter, huh? Well, I suppose it's better than nothing at all," Mio said with a small shrug of her shoulders. She couldn't be picky in their current situation. It was unfortunate that she would no longer be able to rely on Manana's cooking to get her by. The nopon had always made sure to make the best quality foods out of whatever they had with them, even in recent times when they were forced to forage food in order to keep going, she had always made meals that were tasty. Sadly, it'd be impossible to replicate such food without the equipment Manana usually had. She'd have to get by with cooking whatever she could find over a fire. It wasn't as if it was a new concept to her after all and she had cooked things before, even if she wasn't the most skilled chef. However, the problem of the fire did exist. From the sounds of it, Rory expected her to try and start one. Admittedly, she had little experience actually building a fire. Normally one of the others took care of it, and she rarely had to worry about it. Now she was forced to figure it out, unless she opted to wait for Noah's arrival. There was no telling when that would be though. How unfortunate. Figuring it out on her own was all she could do if she wanted to find a way to cook the fish that she had caught. Even though Rory offered to make the fire herself, she could tell there was a sourness in the way she spoke of it. Perhaps it was best not to ask and to simply accept the job herself.

"No worries, I can try and get one started," she affirmed. It couldn't be that hard, could it? She had seen Sena do it many times before, but fire came easily to the other girl. Her hair had hints of flames after all. Maybe she could recall the times she had seen Noah start a fire then. It was more recent in her memory. Averting her gaze towards the ground, she looked around for things she could use. Making a pit of sorts was a good starting point otherwise the fire would be hard to contain. Seeing the stones that laid near the shore, Mio allowed herself to move towards them and begin collecting. "Feel free to go off and search. Hopefully when you get back I'll have some kind of fire started so we can start cooking these fish up." The way she spoke was quite optimistic, despite how she lacked confidence in what she was doing. Continuing to collect some stones, she eventually moved away from the shore again and kneeled down to begin making a pit out of what she had collected.

Getting lost in her work, Mio hummed softly to herself as she put the stones in a circle, making the base of her pit. Packing the rocks close together, she made sure there were no spaces between them to ensure there was less of a chance of the wood sliding once it was put inside. With that done, she allowed herself to begin searching for a way to start the fire, though nothing caught her eye just yet.

Shui!!
      xxxfemale sixteen years old xc3 (oc) tagged: khamadi

Quirking a brow at Khamadi's words, Shui decided not to press on with it. Besides, it was clear she didn't know the way a colony traveled, hinting more at them being from very different places. What mattered was that they seemed to agree on one thing; they weren't going to find anything else here and moving on was their best option. That was more than fine with her, though she was admittedly taken aback when the other woman seemed to wait for her to take the lead. It wasn't something she found herself all too comfortable with. Typically, she found herself in a more of a followers position than a leader. As much as she would have preferred to dismiss the idea, the sailor decided it wasn't worth the possible argument that would ensue. Avoiding such confrontation was for the best. With that in mind, she took the lead without any complaints. All she could do was hope that the terrain wouldn't be too difficult for her to traverse. While she did have some experience with similar things, they had been far smaller areas than the one she currently found herself in, allowing for traversal of them to come much easier. Still, she had to push forward and somehow maintain a level of confidence in herself. That was a task within itself.

Sucking in a deep breath, Shui made her way into the thick undergrowth again. Using her staff to whack her way through the underbrush, the Kevesi soldier pushed forward without so much as a sound. Walking in silence bugged her, but finding a topic which would be a common interest between the two of them was difficult to come by. Most of what she could tell about Khamadi was strange. In a way it didn't seem of any part of her world, which only made matters more difficult. Besides, idle chatter didn't strike her as something her companion would overly enjoy. Still, the desire to speak plagued her mind and caused her face to scrunch up as she tried to think of a possible topic. Asking questions seemed out of line as well, but the sailor found herself too curious to contain herself for much longer.

"Why do ye have interest in taking over the colony I'm from?" she blurted out to break the silence that had come to hang between them. She was curious as to why someone like Khamadi would find interest in such a thing. Would she even be able to match up to Triton's strength? He was much different than the rest of them after all. Even then, would the castle easily let an entire colony be taken from under its reign? That was something she wasn't even sure about. Colony's went and came all the time, so it probably came down to Triton's own discretion. While it was an interesting notion, Shui pushed the thought aside and waited for an answer.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rory 16

Postby wolfrunner » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:46 am

‘The Golden Guard' l female l The Owl House l tagged -

She’d left Mio when the feline-eared teen set to work starting to get things ready for their campfire. Something which Rory was silently beyond grateful her companion decided to take upon herself to handle the building of. As on the one hand it limited the times she had to use her typical magic which she had already thought she used way to much in this situation. On another hand it reduced the chances of...less then pleasing results. There was no doubt in her mind that Mio stood a far better chance at getting a fire going for them then if she had been left in charge of the task.

But that was all taken care of. Now on to what Rory herself was responsible for...firewood to keep the fire going once Mio got it started. Of course gathering firewood provided the opportunity for several other ventures as well. Namely the young Witchling could use her firewood hunt to gather leafs without questions from her temporary companion, and check the surrounding area for any sign of trouble. Although from here on in Rory was determined to limit her normal magic until she returned home and she had several premade slips in her jacket pockets, as well as being able to trace Glyphs on other surfaces it didn’t hurt to be prepared. Mud or even berry juice tracings on leafs would work well for the spells that consumed what they were drawn on like the Light Glyph for instance. Leafs were plentiful and readily available where Rory currently found herself. On top of that the Off-Seer had mentioned hearing mechanical noises a little ways off before even though they didn’t appear to be headed their way. Just the fact Mio had heard them unsettled the masked teen. The fifteen year old just didn’t feel saying so was important or needed to be said.

Taking a long breath in before slowly letting it out the teen held out her staff coming to a stop. The red gem replacing where a small wooden yet very much alive little animal would typically sit coming to life in it’s own way. The gem glowing as the familiar red magic collected to swirl about the end. The girl stared at the swirling magic through the eye slits in the mask surrounding the end of the winged staff for a moment before deciding she’d better get on with her task. Directing the staff at the forest floor right in front of her as a circle of ground glowed matching crimson, “Abomination rise!”

At her command the glow of the crimson spot on the ground intensified. Then from the ground something deep purple started rising from the ground slowly taking form as it did so. What rose from the ground appearing first as nothing but, for lack of a better word, goop. Deep purple goop almost like slime or fresh mud. This goo slowly steadily forming and taking shape as it rose until, eventually, the glow died down leaving behind a fully formed being made entirely of the purple goo. The being bearing a crude human body shape and being perhaps a head taller then she herself was. Surrounding it was the same crimson magic which it had risen from. The Abomination eyed it’s summoner grunting awaiting her next order. It may have been created from goop but the magical golem like creature did have rudimentary human like sentience with a list of basic commands to follow.

“Alright now we’re getting somewhere.”, the Witchling nodded in approval of the Abomination before her. Gathering wood would be much easier with a little help and afterwards she could have it patrol the area around the camp for a form of security. “Let’s get hunting for wood.” Pulling the white cloak closer about her, Rory continued searching for anything that could serve as half way decent firewood with the help of the Abomination.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Yggdrasil - 7

Postby Soup5 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:28 pm

Yggdrasil -> Y(basic form)/Nonbinary/Beyond the Realm (personal project)/Tag: Malva

Lane has always been walking barefoot since birth. Trudging through the rough debris and thin blades of grass only slightly irritated them. Lane fixated their eyes on Magos's cloak as they followed along. Lane couldn't stop thinking about those white noises previously produced by the gadget. Lane wanted to pry open it - analyzing the center 'source' that had caused a migraine in their head, then make the exact blueprint. Now Lane will follow along, as they had already slipped a second time; the third time will cause their body instantly pulverized. Lane decided to wait for the right moment to make their move. While thinking about those noises, another white noise - the volume slowly builds up as they begin approaching a new area - immediately forcing Lane to block their ears. Lane almost bumped into Magos in the process. Lane shook their head as Magos spoke up.

"Relevant skill?" Lane pressed their hand on their head. Lane turns to those giant machines for a moment. One shot... Lane's blood suddenly turns cold, speeding up the blotting process from their scarves to cover 90% from front to behind their neck. "Both of us are not sure the temperament of those giants, but I may have a plan if things become escalating." Lane then slowly moved beside Magos. "Earlier, you've confessed that I am nothing more than to benefit you. Then, I'll show you what I am capable of." Lane slowly moved away from Magos, "as soon as I distract them. Escape as fast as you can!" Lane looks back at Magos once again before reverting back to their lesser form; a tiny amalgamated creature with bipedal feet. Y finally hopped into the area.

Run! Y ran into everyone's view then attacked everyone with their scarves to draw all their attention. "GLUGLUGLGU!" Y let out their cry, purposely moved slowly to make sure not a body moved away from the crowd.
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:39 pm

Malva Falx||257||Warhammer 40k||Tagged: Yggdrasil
    Malva watched Lane's shifting form with interest, then with annoyance. When she'd asked for relevant skills, she hadn't expected it to charge in and start fighting. Some unknown mechanical knowledge, a way to interface with their machine spirits, but not this. Not that it wasn't effective, the creatures' scarves seemed to be doing a passable job of restraining the automata, although she wasn't quite sure what purpose its ululating cry served. Still, while the automata were restrained, they didn't appear to be taking much damage. Observation was out of the question now, they had to move on to disassembly.

Malva's targeting protocols drew reticles and sight-lines in her vision, as her weapons raised and armed themselves. Her two main hands hefted her galvanic rifle, sighting down the barrel. +Eradication protocols active. Friendly forces, please clear the area.+

One machine fell, a hole melted through its torso.

Another exploded, arcs of lightning burning through its outer armor, then the internals beneath that.

A third collapsed to the ground, orbs of burning light searing through its components.

A fourth was knocked on its back, Holes drilled in its armor with pinpoint precision.

The remaining robots were dispatched with cold, mechanical precision. Lane's scarves weren't even singed. +A simple 'no' would have sufficed,+ she said, approaching the mangled remains of the automata. +I would have preferred them undamaged, but this will have to be enough.+ The Tech-priest knelt down, mechanical tendrils slithering from beneath her cloak, probing through what remained of the machine's internals.

Having Shui clear the way for her was definitely the right call. Now that she wasn't forcing her way through on her own, it was much easier to maintain her royal bearing. She would have liked to raise a force of skeletons to clear-cut the place, mostly out of spite, but there didn't seem to be much around for her to raise. Whatever society had died here, it had done so long ago, their bones had long since turned to dust. Unfortunate, but not surprising. Few cultures took as much care in preserving their dead as hers, probably because few cultures had perfected the art of living beyond death.

When her companion asked exactly why Khamadi wanted to conquer her colony, she couldn't help but smile beneath her mask. "Why would I not?" she asked. "When your colony was but a gleam in your ancestors' eyes, my kingdom had conquered the vast deserts of Araby. While you were scratching in the dirt with sticks and stones, we had unlocked the secrets of life and death. Your entire existence has been spent following in our footsteps, and you didn't even realize is. Is it not natural, in the face of such power and majesty, that a civilization such as yours bend the knee and submit?"
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mio ( 015 ) | shui ( 008 )

Postby Ploegy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:45 pm

Mio!!
      xxxfemale nineteen years old xc3 tagged: rory

Looking up to see Rory had left, Mio gave a small bob of her head as she focused back at the task before her. Taking her time with the circle of the pit, she fiddled with it until she was satisfied. While it wasn't all too high to keep the flames from spilling out, it would have to make due for now. Besides, it was only meant to be temporary. Even back home, they never went through such an effort, but with the supplies available to her, she figured she would at least do it. Pushing herself up to her full height again, she needed to figure out her next step. Some small items to try and light on fire would be necessary. Scanning the area, the off-seer moved about to gather what she could in the immediate area. There wasn't much, but the pile of small twigs and leafs would have to make due until they had proper wood, or at least larger branches. Hopefully such a thing wasn't too hard to find. It couldn't be, right? They were in a forest after all. Sure, some stuff might not work, but that didn't mean all of it would be completely useless.

Pushing the thought aside, Mio put her pile of twigs and leafs down before kneeling beside the pit she had created. With everything in place, all she needed to do was start a fire. Easy, right? If only. The thought of contacting Noah to ask how crossed her mind, but it seemed like such a silly thing to involve him in and she hardly wanted to bother him with such mundane matter. It made her seem needy and that was the last thing she desired to be. She'd need to figure out her plan of action without relying on him. All she needed to do was stay calm and think of a plan. Taking a moment to wrack her own mind, she tried to recall how her companions had done it. It didn't come to her quickly, but soon enough, it did.

As the thought of using two of her twigs came to mind and create enough friction to cause a flame came to her, Mio couldn't help but exclaiming softly to herself. Excited, her ears perked up and she hurried to grab two twigs, picking the largest ones she could find of the bunch she had gotten. Could she really start something with this? She had to believe she could. A determined expression quickly formed on her face and she prepared herself. Putting the larger of the two twigs down on the ground, she began to rub the other one against it in attempt to create a coal. Gritting her fanged teeth, it wasn't long before she began applying more pressure, getting a little frustrated by it all. "Come on, come on," she hissed softly under her breath.

When smoke began to rise, her faith in herself was restored. Finally, she was getting somewhere. Luckily, it wasn't long before the smoke got thicker and a small coal was made. This was good. Carefully putting the coal in the pile of things she had gathered, she lightly began to blow on it, attempt to help it along. Finding success in her methods, embers began to form and slowly, but surely they built up. The fire was small for now, but at least it existed.

Shui!!
      xxxfemale sixteen years old xc3 (oc) tagged: khamadi

The response Shui received was an interesting one, though not entirely unexpected. Much of what the woman said went over her head, but she could get the basics of it all. In her eyes, Khamadi was hardly different than the Agnian forces that constantly pushed at them, though the real difference was there was hardly any gain from taking in a colony alive. If two colonies clashed, the fight would only end if one side retreated or one was wiped out in its entirety. It was a sad reality to live in, yet they had to accept it. "I see," she thoughtfully hummed out while giving a small shake of her head. "That is a rather strange concept if I were to be honest. What do ye gain from conquering us? Control? Power? Those things are an odd thing to seek." To an extent, she supposed those reasons existed back home as well. Filling ones flame clock could be seen as power and taking down another colony did give control over land, but beyond that it seemed pointless. Still, it was an interesting subject to think upon.

"If ye conquer my colony how do ye even plan to keep it populated?" Shui questioned. It wasn't as if she would have access to the pods in which everyone was born from and with each of them only living ten years, with the exception of Triton himself, and the few nopon among them. Maybe her plans had something to do with the secrets of life and death that she spoke of. It admittedly wasn't something she found herself overly familiar with, but it would be a lie if she didn't admit she was curious about it. Death was something they always had to fear, and to live to ones homecoming was an accomplishment. It was something she wished for. Maybe that was thinking too small though, but her understanding of life wasn't all too great as is.

Letting it all settle in her mind, she allowed her focus to shift back in front of her to allow herself to continue moving forward while also looking for anything that drew in her attention among the trees. For the most part though, nothing stood out yet, at least nothing similar to what they previously had seen. Some of the greenery itself did catch her attention although it wasn't for long. She couldn't waste her time on it anyways, unless it struck her as some healing herb or something along those lines.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:38 am

InfectedHau wrote:Malva Falx||257||Warhammer 40k||Tagged: Yggdrasil
    Malva watched Lane's shifting form with interest, then with annoyance. When she'd asked for relevant skills, she hadn't expected it to charge in and start fighting. Some unknown mechanical knowledge, a way to interface with their machine spirits, but not this. Not that it wasn't effective, the creatures' scarves seemed to be doing a passable job of restraining the automata, although she wasn't quite sure what purpose its ululating cry served. Still, while the automata were restrained, they didn't appear to be taking much damage. Observation was out of the question now, they had to move on to disassembly.

Malva's targeting protocols drew reticles and sight-lines in her vision, as her weapons raised and armed themselves. Her two main hands hefted her galvanic rifle, sighting down the barrel. +Eradication protocols active. Friendly forces, please clear the area.+

One machine fell, a hole melted through its torso.

Another exploded, arcs of lightning burning through its outer armor, then the internals beneath that.

A third collapsed to the ground, orbs of burning light searing through its components.

A fourth was knocked on its back, Holes drilled in its armor with pinpoint precision.

The remaining robots were dispatched with cold, mechanical precision. Lane's scarves weren't even singed. +A simple 'no' would have sufficed,+ she said, approaching the mangled remains of the automata. +I would have preferred them undamaged, but this will have to be enough.+ The Tech-priest knelt down, mechanical tendrils slithering from beneath her cloak, probing through what remained of the machine's internals.

"Spoken like one who has neither," Khamadi said. "I have seen empires rise because they sought them out, and fall because they grew drunk on them. Strength and self-determination are the lodestones of civilization, but no, they are not what drives the expansion of my dynasty." The Necrotect nudged a branch aside with her staff, brushing off the resulting shower of leaves before continuing. "It is the obligation of those in power to use their power for the betterment of all, and it is likewise the obligation of those with knowledge to guide and shepherd those less knowledgeable. Your colony, and your people, are but struggling infants when compared to the majesty of my empire, and as such it is my duty to offer a guiding hand, that you might avoid the pitfalls of your predecessors. Your unique strengths will be adopted into our own, and your weaknesses will be eliminated under our tutelage." It was a stance that some of her predecessors and contemporaries found soft-hearted, but it had served her well during her time as queen. Nehekaran society was grand, yes, but stagnation bred complacency, and complacency was the downfall of even the mightiest empires. The Dwarves that dwelled in the mountains bordering her lands were stuffy, odious little creatures, and the savage Lizardmen in the jungles to the south were hideous to even look at, let alone talk to, but their technological and magical acumen could not be denied, and if Shui's people had access to constructs of the caliber found here then it was entirely likely that her colony was of similar merit.

"As for how I would maintain your population," she continued, "assuming that by that you mean that all of your people are as short-lived as you appear to be, we created a solution to that aeons ago. Your bodies will be fortified by the sacred elixirs and your souls will be bound to them with the mortuary rites. Your great warriors will live on as Tomb Princes, your great mages and builders will be inducted into the Mortuary Cult. You will learn from us in life, and you will serve us in death, as countless others before you have."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me