a new world | multifandom rp | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

ஜ۩۞۩ஜ A Whisper Of A Thought ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

Postby _Human_ » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:05 am

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. Haerelthel | Forest | Tags; Faindir, Open .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

Haerelthel was riding her horse through the trail, her brother not far behind. She was practicing her archery on horseback when suddenly her horse started to pace in place, huffing and snorting as it danced around. She slipped off the white horse's back, gently petting its neck and whispering to it in her native tongue, "Easui hennas, what na- roeg nin meld? Whui ceri- cin gar- hi nifred?" The horse tossed its head and reared before galloping off. She sighed and closed her eyes as she shook her head, her mother would never let her hear the end of this. As she turned around and opened her eyes, she felt her blood run cold. This was not her forest or one she was even familiar with. She clutched her bow in her hands as she spun around, "Faindir?!" She called out, "Gwanur, where are cin? I ambar na- changed; im tur- feel ha in i nen, im tur- feel ha in i coe, im tur- smell ha in i gwilith!" She saw the bushes rustle and in one quick, smooth motion, she had loaded an arrow onto her bow and pulled the string taught. Seeing her brother come out she relaxed and lowered the bow, putting the arrow back into its sheath. She hugged him tightly and looked around, "I do not feel good about this... Where are we? What is this place?" She said in quick hushed tones to her brother. Hearing faint talking and seeing the foliage move again she raised her bow as her brother carefully stepped forward to block her, raising his sword.

|!¤*'~``~'*¤!| Faindir | Forest | Tags; Haerelthel, Open |!¤*'~``~'*¤!|

Faindir had already gotten off of his horse and seeing his sister's horse gallop past without her immediately worried him. He grabbed his sword and moved to where his sister had gone ahead of him. In what he could only describe as a blink of an eye he suddenly realized he was somewhere that was not home. Nor was it even middle earth, "Sister? What na- hi dúr gúl? Where are mín." He said through hushed tones. He heard his sister calling out for him and carefully moved through the brush with his sword in his hands. As he pushed into the clearing and saw his sister, he slid his sword back into its casing on his back. He gently rubbed her back as she hugged him and looked around, "Im am ú- sure... but hi na- baw near o bar." He whispered. As he heard the bushes move again he moved in front of her, pulling his sword back out and holding it at the ready. His icy blue eyes staring daggers into the brush as it moved, "Who goes there!" He called out.

Translations in the order they are said:
Easy there, what is wrong my dear? Why do you have this fear? | Brother, where are you? The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air!
Sister? What is this dark magic? Where are we? | I am not sure... but this is no place from home.
_Human_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a new world | multifandom rp | o&a

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:04 am

Malva Falx||257||Warhammer 40k||Tagged: Yggdrasil
    Immediately, all of Malva's available weapons were trained on Lane and charging, various ominous red glows emanating from their tips. It was now beyond a doubt that the child was a daemonhost, and while she'd never met one directly she knew well of their capabilities. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility that this creature was in fact stronger than her, and could prove a dangerous liability in the days to come. Imperial law, as well as common sense, dictated that she do all in her power to end the threat here, but logic stayed her hand. It wasn't hostile, not yet at least, and it seemed to want to be on her side. She could use that, for now, and kill it upon their return when she knew she had fire superiority. Some might call consorting with a daemon for even this short amount of time heresy, but they were also superstitious and small-minded, and therefore not worth paying attention to.

+Your potential value makes your destruction at this present moment illogical,+ the tech priest said, keeping her weapons trained on the child as she swiped a clump of bushes away with her axe, +However, I ask that you provide me with your true name. It will make dispatching you much easier upon our return to Imperial space.+ Might as well get it all out in the open now, she figured. It obviously knew what she was, there wasn't much mistaking a Tech-Priest of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and it either didn't care if she knew or was too proud to think that she would catch on.

Khamadi||2537||Warhammer Fantasy||Tagged: Shui
    It wasn't long before they reached a small clearing, though it didn't help much towards figuring out where they were. She'd have expected to see smoke, or a trail, or some other sign of civilization here, but there was nothing, save for an oddly-shaped lump in the middle of the clearing. Closer inspection revealed it to be a structure of some kind, left here to be reclaimed by the forest, It wasn't a big clue, but it was something. A lesser Tomb King, bereft of magic, might have had to scrabble undignified at the grass and dirt with their hands, or perhaps repurpose their weapon as a rudimentary shovel. Thankfully, Khamadi was no such Tomb King.

The Necrotect extended an emaciated hand, intoning ancient Nehekaran words of power as the winds of magic swelled inside her. A hot, harsh desert wind swirled about the clearing, and the grass and dirt covering the structure began to wither and die, crumbling away into dust and sand. The structure beneath was revealed to be a construct, rusted and immobile, but nevertheless of fine make. Even Khamadi was impressed, though she was loath to admit it. "Strange..." Using her staff for support, she leaned down for a closer look, running a hand over the surface of the construct. The craftsmanship was precise, even more so than the famed metalwork of the Dwarves that Khamadi had a grudging respect for. At the same time, however, there was no evidence of their steam-based power source, or of any magical animation. Whatever had powered this thing, it was unknown to her, and, as far as she could tell, no longer present. "There was another kingdom here, once," she concluded, standing back up, "But they have long since fallen to dust. We should search for more of their dwellings, perhaps one of them will hold answers."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ix. Iddie | ii. Snowspore

Postby Kveykva » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:32 am

──────── 𝐈𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞
    [] | psychopomp | he/they | ➡ forest | tags: Noah
    𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑧𝑧𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑧𝑧
Thankfully, Iddie's request for aid did not go unheard, but it seems his secondary request did. Before the reaper could argue, Noah had threaded his sword directly through what appeared to be the machine's power source. It ceased its struggling and slumped lifelessly in Iddie's arms, to which the reaper tutted shamefully. "The purpose of it being in one piece is defeated if it's no longer functioning," he pointed out, dropping the machine with a mighty thud and brushing his clothes free of debris accumulated from the fight. "I should inform you that anything mechanical is not my forte, so I would not have the knowledge to repair it. But that cannot be helped now, I suppose."

Iddie referenced his watch momentarily - the combat with the drone had been brief, so perhaps he could use that as a reference point when counting time without the watch. "Reapers are very poor timekeepers." The reaper clarified, as if sensing the question Noah was about to ask. "We are not bound by it in the way most creatures are, but if I am to be in the company of humans for an extended period of time, I'll need to refamiliarize myself with the construct."

There was also still the issue of the machine. Potentially, they could be trespassing, but with no markers or boundaries to reference, the pair had no way of knowing when they'd crossed into occupied territory. Iddie considered this briefly before deciding on a course of action. "There is no way of knowing how far this territory goes, if that is indeed the reason for our defunct friend here," a brief gesture to the machine. "If we are trespassing, however, that means there is civilization nearby. Given that you are unfamiliar with this one's design, it is likely neither Keves nor Agnus in origin, making you not an outlaw by those crimes. Perhaps they would be open to offering aid and shelter if we made them aware of your situation." A far-fetched suggestion, but it was a plan nonetheless.

──────── 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐞
    [] | fungus leshy | male | druid | dungeons & dragons | ➡ forest | tags: Dawn (i'm just picking one of these lmao)
    𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑛 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
"You heard that too?" Snowspore was startled by his sudden company, stumbling back a few paces. Initially, he would have asked if they were the one to put forth the request of destroying this world and its core, but it quickly became clear they were just as much of an observer as Snowspore and his animal companion. They spoke in a cacophony of voices, often like the way trees and their offspring did. "Ah, please - just a moment!" Snowspore attempted to calm the individuals before things got too out of hand for him to pose answers. "Yes, I did hear it, and I'm guessing that wasn't you. Retchling doesn't speak, no, but he did hear the voice as well. B-But let's not do anything rash! I don't know why someone would ask for such a ridiculous thing on such a scale, but I wouldn't want anyone getting hasty to destroy an entire world." Snowspore's concern rang loud and clear.

Things were strange here, and this was only compounded by the first sign of intelligent life he'd seen since his arrival - whenever that was. Retchling was not very fond of strange things, and he made the others aware of this by making a rather grotesque noise in the back of his throat and vomiting directly onto the crimson creature. "Retchling!" Snowspore's exclamation quickly devolved into a scolding as he ushered the bird a safe distance back from his guest. "Please forgive him, Retchling is not very fond of strangers, but he means no harm!" The mushroom leshy waddled back up to Scream with a stretch of clean cloth in hand, pulled from his backpack. "Maybe we can try getting off on the right foot. My name is Snowspore, and I'm a druid. And you are?" He asked innocently, insisting the other take the cloth as an olive branch.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

noah ( 010 ) | mio ( 012 ) | shui ( 005 )

Postby Ploegy » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:01 am

Noah!!
      xxxmale eighteen years old xc3 tagged: iddie
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It was clear that the action he had taken wasn't necessarily appreciated. Sigh softly, Noah gave a shake of his head and allowed his sword to disappear again. If he hadn't shut it down, it would have likely tried to kill them, or in the least him since he wasn't sure if Iddie could even die in the same matter as he did. He supposed it did not matter. He made a decision and he stood by it. Whether the reaper approved or not wasn't something he wished to get hung up on. "I don't necessarily agree that it defeated the purpose, but I supposed it doesn't matter," he remarked before moving over to the lifeless mechanical body. While he had no proper training in mechanics and usually left such things to Riku to deal with, he could still figure basic things out about it. Crouching down beside the machine, Noah began observing it quietly as he listened to Iddie go on about time. Briefly stopping his observation, he turned his head towards his companion in effort to address him. "I'm not sure how easy it will be to track time in this place, if I'm being honest. While it appears to be some time in the day, I was taken during the early hours of the night, so I'm unsure how time is moving, which is a strange thought," he remarked. Even if it was hard to tell a daily cycle, he'd still be able to keep track of longer periods of time. His term mark offered him that much, though it wasn't something he wished to go by. "Day cycles may be hard to track here, but if we're stuck for an extended period then I'm at least able to tell that thanks to this mark."

When he referred to his mark, Noah lifted up his right hand and presented the back of it to Iddie so he could see. "I've only got around two terms left as is before my homecoming, so the more color this loses, the closer my end is." It was a depressing thing to mention, but it was the truth and it wasn't something he could simply run from. He had to live with it while his flame still flickered. With such a heavy thought on his mind, the off-seer lowered his hand once again and turned his attention back to the machine again. It was clear that what he had mentioned wasn't something easy for him to speak of, though he knew the other probably had questions surrounding it. If they were asked, he'd need to answer, even if he didn't want to. He was the one that put himself in such a position after all.

Doing his best to let the thought of time escape his mind, Noah stared down at the robot, poking quietly around the area he had stabbed. As he did so, he heard the reaper speak once more. It was true, they had no clue how far the territory went if they were indeed trespassing, but even if the machine was still up and running, there was no guarantee they'd get that answer either. The thought of civilization being nearby was a possibility as well. Like Iddie had suggested, it likely wasn't a colony of Keves or Agnus, but even then that didn't put his mind at ease. The machine's intent had been to kill. If it was simply doing rounds and take care of trespassers, he would have thought capture might be an option, though more times than not death was exactly what they'd be programmed for back in Aionios as well. It was a troublesome situation. Still, the worrisome part was that he did not recognize the build. Kevesi and Agnian machines weren't the only ones he had seen after all. While he was unsure of what the people called themselves, there were the machines from the city that Guernica had used. This didn't even look like those either. It left him wondering exactly where they were.

"You may be right that I might not be considered an outlaw here," Noah began, though he paused to push himself to his full height once again. "But this thing's intent was to kill. I could tell from how it attacked, so it's possible that wherever it came from still will not be openly friendly towards us." He wanted to believe in the possibility of the people being open to hearing them out, but he had to keep the other side in mind as well. Expecting only the best would leave them in a world of hurt. He couldn't afford that.

Mio!!
      xxxfemale nineteen years old xc3 tagged: rory

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just thinking is all," Mio responded, giving a small shake of her head, knowing she wasn't giving the full truth. It wasn't as if she wanted to hide it. Her concerns would be obvious if the other understood the term mark she had on her neck, but that much had become evident and only further drove home the point that she was far from home. Her time left weighed heavily on her mind, especially in the current moment, and she couldn't even bring it up. It wasn't as if bringing it up was easy in the first place and even with those familiar with it all, it wasn't something she enjoyed talking on. Still, taking things so casually couldn't help but make her think how little was going to get done while they moved forward. It wasn't something that could be easily changed unfortunately. Keeping it all to herself was the only option as much as she hated it. Doing her best to again push it aside, Mio averted her gaze away from her companion and quietly listened to how she responded to what she had previously said before. It seemed the two of them at least seemed on the same page of the possibility of there being life around them that would serve as food. The chirping sounds around them was enough to hint that some form of life similar to rhoguls and ansels existed here, though given they hadn't encountered either thus far, she assumed it was something far smaller than either of them. Even the possibility of aquatic life wasn't out of the question given how often fish moved up and down stream. They'd simply have to search for it.

As Rory went on to suggest splitting up to search, Mio gave a slow nod of her head. It was a logical suggestion and would allow for more ground to be covered. She couldn't disagree on that front. It might even give her time to try and contact one of the others and make sure they were alright, though she was unsure if such a thing would be even possible. She'd have to try. It wouldn't slow her down too much after all, though if something important did come up, it might prove problematic. For now, she had to keep her head clear of such negativity. It would only bring her down if she didn't. Perking up once more, she noticed Rory had already moved ahead in the direction she wished to cover. "Alright! No problems here with that!" she called out in agreement before turning to face the opposite direction from the other girl. Staring out into the trees for a moment, she took a deep breath. "I'll meet you back here soon then! Good luck!"

A simple wave of her hand was all she offered after those final words. While it seemed they had plenty of time, Mio knew they didn't. The clock was always ticking for her after all, but she had no desire to think about it again, even now that she was alone. Walking quietly, she glanced behind her and noted she could no longer see Rory. Hopefully finding her way back wouldn't prove to be too hard, but for now she needed to focus on foraging and trying to contact someone from her party. Pondering who as she walked, the off-seer found herself just as conflicted thinking of it as she did originally. Would she be waking Sena or Taion if she tried contacting them? It was a strong possibility, though it oddly appeared to be day where she currently was. Maybe they'd be awake then. Even if neither answered, Noah was still an option. He had been on watch and was likely to be awake, though contacting him made her oddly nervous. Flattening her ears in annoyance, she lifted a hand up to the left side of her head and finally gave in to trying to contact Sena first. Unfortunately, the call failed to go through, leaving her baffled. The same happened when she attempted to call Taion as well. Cocking her head in confusion, she wondered if there was some kind of interference, or maybe something really had happened to them. It made her nervous. Briefly stopping, Mio noticed her hand shaking and a frown crossed her face.

"This isn't good," she whispered to herself, hesitating briefly from trying Noah. What if the same occurred with him? It scared her, yet she knew she had to try. Biting down on her lower lip, she found the strength to send the call through. Unlike before, it went through, giving her hope that things were actually okay. All she needed was for Noah to answer.

Shui!!
      xxxfemale sixteen years old xc3 (oc) tagged: khamadi

The walk to the clearing didn't seem to take long, much to Shui's surprise. The forest around them had seemed never ending after all, but it seemed it had its own limits much like everything else. Standing at the edge of the treeline, the girl watched as Khamadi moved forward and began examining things. It wasn't long before the woman seemed to take action though. Shielding herself as the harsh wind picked up, Shui guarded her face just in case. She had no idea what kind of energy Khamadi was letting off, but it was like nothing she had ever personally experienced or seen. All she could tell was it was very different from what she used.

When it finally died down, she dropped her arms down again and quietly stepped forward, not caring if the other woman wanted her to or not. She was curious as to what had been uncovered. Seeing the odd hunk of metal, the sailor couldn't help but be reminded of the old ferrionis hulks that were laying around on some of the islands they had visited. While the build was far from the same as one, it seemed to once have served a similar purpose; to house and provide from those that lived in or around it. Much like the hulks, it was clear this structure hadn't been used in quite some time, perhaps centuries or so. Telling such a thing wasn't a forte of hers. Typically nopon were better at making such judgments since they lived much longer lives than any human ever did. Sadly, none of the colony's nopons were present to help. If given a time frame it might allow them a better picture of what they were dealing with, but from how her companion spoke it was clear they weren't going to stay around long.

Letting a sigh escape her lips, Shui took a step back from the rundown structure and yet again gave a simple nod of her head. Unlike before, she wasn't sure what to add. Trying to engage in conversation of any sort seemed less than ideal anyways, thus keeping to herself was the only option she had. Besides, it wasn't as if she had anything to add. Even if she did, she figured she'd only be looked down upon and told to understand her place. As much as she hated it, she didn't have the courage to stand up to it in the moment. All she could could do was look forward to the exploration that awaited her and find enjoyment in that even if it was minimal. It was something at least and something she enjoyed at that.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rory 14

Postby wolfrunner » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 pm

'The Golden Guard' l female l The Owl House l tagged - Mio-open

Hearing Mio call a wishing of luck, the teen raised a hand without looking back as a form of acknowledgment and echoing of the same sentiment. Really they just needed one of them to be successful but if both of them were it was all the better. Now that they were off searching everything was a matter of how and what they were going to find food. And what they were going to do with said food once they found anything.

Rory stopped. She paused for a moment before turning around to glance back the way she’d come watching for any sign that Mio had followed her or could still see her from their designated rest place. There was something that the young Witchling could do, but it wasn’t something she would dare let anyone else see her pull off. Not even her new companion in this realm. After all, despite it having the name of trust, trust and cooperation were two totally different things no matter where a Witch or Demon found themselves. What her and the Off-Seer had was far from trust, rather it was a mutual cooperation because they needed each other and fighting was pointless. No. It was best she play things carefully as she could and she was sure that Mio, if the feline eared teen was smart, would be doing the same thing in regards to her. And a complete fool was not what Mio struck the Witchling as. There was such a thing as necessary recklessness after all.

Satisfied that there was indeed nobody around in the immediate area, least of all her temporary partner in survival, the masked teen looked back to the woods around her. After a single more once over just because to ease her thoughts, Rory made her way backtracking to the river where she and the Off-Seer decided to claim as a campsite for the time being. It didn't take all that long to get back thanks to the teen not having had gone very far from the site to begin with, so she was back in a few minutes if that. Letting her eyes drift around the site from behind her mask Rory made her way over to kneel before a sandy patch that was close to the edge of the treeline and cleared it of surrounding cluttering debris. With nothing in her way, the teen Witchling began drawing large in the sand. The end of the staff drawing a fair sized circle before getting to work on the inside portion letting her muscles move almost as if by instinct as the familiar symbol came together. By the time she was done, Rory had drawn a pair of decent sized circles each bearing the same symbol inside them. A symbol made up of a small circle with a dot at its center, near but not touching the bottom of the circle. There were two short lines stretching from the top of the smaller circle facing out at angles and a triangle which was roughly opposite the small circle, with one vertex facing the smaller circle. A line stretched from the triangle's tip to the circle. Finally there was a horizontal line across the middle of the triangle. All and all the drawings actually resembled crude simple flowers when one looked at them.

With the glyphs traced successfully in the sand, Rory sat back on her heels before reaching forward resting both hands on the symbols. An act which she was rewarded with by them glowing with green at her touch to signal their activation. At the cloaked teen's left hand a bush covered with odd small berries sprung into existence. Meanwhile under her right hand a patch of odd mushrooms pushed their way through the fine grainy shore. A single Goreberry Bush and a patch of Shushrooms wasn't all that much but they were a familiar food source, to her at least, and would serve for the time being. They were things which Rory knew how to and could work with just as intended.
wolfrunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Yggdrasil - 6

Postby Soup5 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:26 pm

Yggdrasil (disguise) Lane/Nonbinary/Beyond the Realm (personal project)/Tag: Malva

Yggdrasil suddenly froze up and went quiet. Their body immediately relaxes- dilating their eye. Yggdrasil buried a sleeve over their mouth as if they had contracted a disease. "How dull... Unfortunately, you have not yet earned my respect. " They removed their sleeve. " However, I still wish you'd consider this. Do you think 'Monsters' have the right to change? All we want is one thing - to be 'known'. We would often exhaust our power to any individual we have imprinted on till death due to being naturally born without guidance. There is no place to mourn; identities are forgotten. Yggdrasil begins to step forward. "Earlier, when I played the vulnerable role, you hesitated twice. This wasn't the only reason I had not shown any aggression. Another reason being only a few of us with intelligence could communicate - I being one - do not wish to represent our species as just savage creatures. We want to understand everyone. Most of us primarily act on fear due to the lack of self-awareness due to the high surge of power born from birth and all the mistreatment from those that do not see us as equal. Dear Magos, I cannot force your mindset. As I said earlier, you may dye your hand with this child's blood if you consider them a burden. Yggdrasil stopped the front of the barrel and revealed a small smile. "Whether we are comrades or enemies, I hope I could still find ways to amuse you. You're missing a lot if you shoot a creature without truly peering through its soul."
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Malva Falx||257||Warhammer 40k||Tagged: Yggdrasil
    +My emotional cores return derision and annoyance at your puerile attempt to elicit sympathy from me,+ Malva said, +I choose not to experience them. Be grateful for that, Daemon, under different circumstances you would already be drifting atoms. You continue to exist because you might be useful to me, and for no other reason.+ It was textbook, really, and also the least efficient way possible to attempt to ingratiate themeslves to her. Appealing to a Tech-priest's emotion was like trying to squeeze water from a stone.

+I care little for the intricacies of the soul. If you wish to prove your value, do so in the forge or on the battlefield.+ While she kept her phosphor serpenta trained on Lane, the rest of her weapons returned to their normal positions, and she resumed walking.

Khamadi||2537||Warhammer Fantasy||Tagged: Shui
    For all her bluster and pomp, Khamadi was still a skilled ruler, and she knew better than to dismiss the opininons of her underlings outright. As long as they knew their place, of course. As she studied the construct, she also studied Shui's reaction. She was more subdued now, her fire from before apparently quenched, but there was the glimmer of curiosity, or perhaps familiarity. "You have encountered similar constructs before," she observed, fixing the girl with a flat, blank stare, "yet you are no dwarf, nor are you man. Does your colony employ these?" Although that didn't necessarily make sense either. Her knowledge of the world outside of Araby was fragmented at best, but she was certain that no beings like Shui existed in her world, and certainly no constructs such as these. The beginning of an idea was forming in Khamadi's mind, one that could elevate her dynasty to even greater heights if it bore fruit.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

x. Iddie | ii. Snowspore

Postby Kveykva » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:03 am

──────── 𝐈𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞
    [] | psychopomp | he/they | ➡ forest | tags: Noah
    𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑧𝑧𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑧𝑧
Noah made a valid point that the day/night cycles in this place may be different than what is considered familiar (though to Iddie, none of it was). The reaper monitored the ticking of the watch hands for a full minute, counting out each of its sixty ticks in silence. "This watch is based on the time Earth uses," Iddie noted. "It is based on a twenty-four hour day cycle, with sixty minutes in each hour and sixty seconds in each minute. Whether that is standard across the universe or not, I am uncertain. It is a place to start, regardless."

On a personal note, Iddie found time to be very confusing. It was not a complaint they could voice easily in the company of mortals. The soul exists outside of the confines of time and space, and therefore reapers do as well. Explaining the unquantifiable nature of such things is frankly too much for most to comprehend, so it was not considered an ideal conversation for the dinner table. While Iddie could have continued his own internal musings on the matter, something from Noah's own monologue caught his attention. "Your death?" Iddie asked, redefining Noah's statement. The reaper took the human's hand with one of his own, examining the colored mark on it. He was uncertain at what rate the color faded from it, but he assumed Noah was aware of that based on his own perception of time. "I am sorry," The reaper offered condolence, and though their tone lacked the waver of emotion, there was a strange amount of care in their words. "We do not discuss the time of a person's death with the living, but normally, humans are not aware of the date they will die." Iddie explained, releasing Noah's hand from his cold, almost mechanical grip.

It was a heavy topic for beings who experienced mortality, but it soon turned to the more immediate concerns at hand. "I suppose you are right. Normally, I can determine a creature's intent to some degree if it denotes harm or death, but with artificial creations..." Uncharacteristically, the reaper offered a simple shrug with his six arms. "I have no way of knowing. We will have to rely on your own instincts on that front."

Kveykva wrote:
    ──────── 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐞
    [] | fungus leshy | male | druid | dungeons & dragons | ➡ forest | tags: Dawn (i'm just picking one of these lmao)
    𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑛 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡
"You heard that too?" Snowspore was startled by his sudden company, stumbling back a few paces. Initially, he would have asked if they were the one to put forth the request of destroying this world and its core, but it quickly became clear they were just as much of an observer as Snowspore and his animal companion. They spoke in a cacophony of voices, often like the way trees and their offspring did. "Ah, please - just a moment!" Snowspore attempted to calm the individuals before things got too out of hand for him to pose answers. "Yes, I did hear it, and I'm guessing that wasn't you. Retchling doesn't speak, no, but he did hear the voice as well. B-But let's not do anything rash! I don't know why someone would ask for such a ridiculous thing on such a scale, but I wouldn't want anyone getting hasty to destroy an entire world." Snowspore's concern rang loud and clear.

Things were strange here, and this was only compounded by the first sign of intelligent life he'd seen since his arrival - whenever that was. Retchling was not very fond of strange things, and he made the others aware of this by making a rather grotesque noise in the back of his throat and vomiting directly onto the crimson creature. "Retchling!" Snowspore's exclamation quickly devolved into a scolding as he ushered the bird a safe distance back from his guest. "Please forgive him, Retchling is not very fond of strangers, but he means no harm!" The mushroom leshy waddled back up to Scream with a stretch of clean cloth in hand, pulled from his backpack. "Maybe we can try getting off on the right foot. My name is Snowspore, and I'm a druid. And you are?" He asked innocently, insisting the other take the cloth as an olive branch.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

noah ( 011 ) | mio ( 013 ) | shui ( 006 )

Postby Ploegy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:01 pm

Noah ft Mio!!
      xxxmale eighteen years old xc3 tagged: iddie

Staying quiet as Iddie offered their condolences, Noah only offered a small nod of his head to confirm he was referring to his death. Of course, things could always change when he died before his ten terms were up, but once he reached this the last day of his tenth term, it was a defined end. He would know it was coming even if he didn't want to accept it. It was a painful thought to have, yet it was one that often weighed on his mind. He had seen so many deaths in his time, and so few ever made it to the actual end of their tenure. It was a sad reality. After a moment of letting it all sit in his mind, the off-seer turned his head to look towards Iddie. "When we die still comes with uncertainty given the nature of Aionios. I could fall in battle at any given time before my ten terms have ended. Most do. Hardly anyone lives until the day of their homecoming. War causes most to die, unfortunately, but if we don't fall in battle we are always going to die upon the day of our homecoming," he explained, keeping it as simple as he could. From how he explained it, the event hardly seemed as righteous as it was always made out to be. Homecomings were a celebration after all, or so that was what they were always told. Admittedly, he found it hard to find anything wonderful about them, yet there was little he could do about it.

Shaking it off, Noah's focus moved back to the machine that still laid before them. "I have some experience with machines, though I cannot say I can tell you exactly what it might be they are after. Only make assumptions based off how they act or fight," he admitted. It was a stretch as is, but it was all he could do. How machine fought was usually enough to go off of anyways. The same could be said for most humans too, though that was typically harder to tell given that survival was purely based off killing the other side back in Aionios. He knew not all wished to do that, but because of how the world was, they had to otherwise their own life was forfeit. Such thoughts always bothered Noah, yet he usually couldn't afford to think of them. Now was no different. He couldn't let his mind continue to wander, otherwise he'd become engulfed in his own thoughts and lose track of his real objective.

Luckily, his mind was cut off from digging deeper into such thoughts when his iris lit up, notifying him that Mio was trying to contact him. At first, he thought his mind was simply playing some kind of trick on him, but once he was able to register what was happening, he knew it was real. "Excuse me for a moment." While he didn't mind Iddie listening in on the conversation between him and Mio, he did have concerns how she might react to seeing the reaper, thus he politely took a step away and turned the other way before lifting his front two fingers up to the side of his right eye and gently tapping.

"Mio...? Mio is that you?" his voice was soft and had a certain gentleness to it that normally wasn't there, but upon seeing his fellow off-seer, he couldn't help but let it seep in. "Yes, it's me. Are you and the others alright? I know I suddenly-" Mio began, but upon seeing confusion begin to take over Noah's face, she paused and tilted her own head. "Something's wrong, isn't it?" For a moment silence hung between the two of them and Noah found himself questioning what exactly was going on. From how Mio spoke, it sounded as if she too was no longer with the others, which was more than enough to worry him. Was it possible they both had been taken while none of the others had? There was only one way to find out. "I'm not with the others either. I'm fine though, are you?" If they both were given the same fate then making sure she was alright was important. Seeing Mio's ears droop to the side of her head was enough to make Noah frown as well. It was clear she was sad to hear that he couldn't confirm the other's safety, but she quickly composed herself and pressed on. "I see. I'm fine as well, just lost in some forest."

When she stated she was in a forest, Noah knew they must have both been dragged into the same situation. It was a lucky, yet strange coincidence. He wouldn't complain. "A forest? Then you can't be too far from where I am then," he stated, watching as her ears perked up happily. That was enough to change his expression as well, allowing a faint smile to form again. "You're in this strange place too?! Does that mean you were told to destroy this world's core, too?" The question was enough to remind him of the words he had originally heard when arriving in this place. To know that she too had received such a message meant that it had to be the main objective of this place. As odd as it seemed, it only seemed to make sense. "I did get told that."

His confirmation seemed to make Mio upset again, though he was uncertain why. Hearing her sigh, Noah could only let his confusion become visible again, hoping she might care to explain. "Our goal of Swordmarch has gotten so far away with all of this," she whimpered, causing her eyes to shut for a moment and causing Noah's sight of her to momentarily go dark. Silence once again hung between them and Noah couldn't help but hang his head low. She had a point. Their objective couldn't be further away than it was right now. "I get that, Mio... But I think we have to do this if we ever want to reach the city." Those words were enough to cause Mio to open her eyes again and bring Noah's vision of her back. Watching her wipe the tears from the edges of her eyes, Noah offered a gentle smile. "Maybe we should meet up? That could make things easier." Seeing her nod, the off-seer turned to look towards Iddie for a moment before being drawn back in by Mio's voice.

"Sending locations doesn't seem to work here, but if you are able to find a river nearby, follow it upstream and you should be able to find me. I'm sure my current companion won't mind," she said. It was a relief to hear she wasn't alone. He could only imagine how much worse that would be if she was. "Alright, I'll do my best do find my way to you then, Mio. If all else fails, we can always keep in contact with one another. Keep your head up, okay?" A look of reassurance crossed his face and from her reaction, Mio seemed to appreciate it and calm down. "Okay. I'll see you then." At those words, the call went dead and Noah's iris returned to normal. Letting a soft sigh escape his lips, he lifted a hand up to the back of his neck and rubbed it as he faced Iddie once again.

"So, I'm not sure how much of that you paid attention to, but we have a possible destination now," Noah said. While it meant dropping any investigation into the machine's for the moment, it also meant they had possible allies as well as a power boost to his own abilities when Mio was around. It was beneficial in many ways, though it was unclear how Mio's companion might react to it all. He could only hope it would be alright. Pushing the thought aside, the off-seer dropped his arm back down to his side. 'If you're alright with trying to find my friend, I'd be grateful. Finding her would be very beneficial for us, though I suppose it would be more mouths to feed."

Mio!!
      xxxfemale nineteen years old xc3 tagged: rory

Once she could no longer see or hear Noah, Mio took a moment to recompose herself. While it was comforting to know he was nearby it was also clear that he did not understand her feelings. Maybe he had a point of this being the only way, but it was only draining the time she had left. That was what she was sure he could not understand. The feelings she had towards being near the end of her life were something very hard for her to explain and accept. For now she had let it slide, knowing there wasn't much he could do about any of it until they were reunited again. Who knew when that would be. For all she knew, it was possible they weren't even close to one another. If that was the case, it could be days or even weeks before the two of them came face to face again. That thought bothered her greatly, though it was yet another thing that was hard to control. At least they could communicate in some form for the time being. If days did pass with no success, she was sure they could come up with some way to speed it up. For her own sake, she needed it. While her current companion was fine, if the possibility of her end being here were to arise, she wanted someone she knew to be around. The thought of such saddened her, but she quickly shook it off knowing she couldn't waste too much more time standing around. She still was tasked with finding some source of food.

Forcing her mind to shift back towards gathering, Mio pushed herself forward, moving towards the river's edge. Upon arriving, she crouched down at the water's edge and peered down. Unlike where they had decided to set up camp, she could see fish swimming about. There weren't many, but it would still be a good haul if she managed to catch them. Without the proper equipment it would be difficult but she'd get by. Looking away from the water for a moment, she spotted a long branch that had broken off one of the nearby tree. Moving over to it she picked it up. At first glance it didn't seem like much, but she was certain she could make it work as a spear of some sort. Allowing one of her rings to appear, she began to sharpen the branches tip. Her handy work wasn't all that great, but it would get her by. As long as she could spear the fish, she was positive that she'd be fine. Doing that without scaring the others too far away was going to be the real challenge.

When she was satisfied with the branches sharpness, Mio allowed her weapon to vanish once again before she moved to the river's edge again. Eyeing her prey, she made one swift movement and swung the makeshift spear down onto one of the unsuspecting fish. Withdrawing it quickly, she was happy to see it was a success. Feeling proud of herself, she carefully took a moment to remove her jacket and then carefully place the dead fish on it in attempt to keep it from getting dirty. Leaving it aside, she returned again to the water and searched for the others. Luckily, they hadn't moved too far. It made her job rather easy. Repeating her process from before, she was able to catch four fish before giving up. That was enough for now. While it might have been beneficial for her to forage for berries or other foods instead, she hoped what she was able to get was good enough. Closing up her jacket to make a makeshift sack of sorts, Mio carried it and her spear back in the direction which she had originally come from.

Walking in silence, her expression slowly changed back to one that hinted at sadness. Her thoughts from when she spoke with Noah hadn't entirely left her, though she hardly noticed the change herself. Instead, she found herself arriving at their camp again and noticing Rory had already returned. "I see you beat me back," she said, setting her jacket down on the ground along with the branch. It was then that she noticed the bush of berries and patch of mushrooms. She could have sworn she hadn't seen either before, but maybe she hadn't paid enough attention. Her mind was a bit all over the place after all. "I see you found something here. That's good. I brought us back some fish I caught downstream a little ways, though I suppose I forgot to gather any firewood. I guess I got too distracted." Rubbing the back of her neck, she wasn't sure if she should mention her talk with Noah or not. It felt odd to bring it up, though it was only a matter of time before it would become known. For now, she'd keep quiet on it and wait for a good moment to mention it.

Shui!!
      xxxfemale sixteen years old xc3 (oc) tagged: khamadi

Shui was taken by surprise when Khamadi spoke to her. Unlike before, she seemed to address her much differently, which honestly was nice, although she was unsure whether to expect such a thing to continue or not. Still, conversation was nice and she wouldn't outright reject partaking in such now that it had been brought to her. Before speaking, she gave a small shake of her head, making it clear that these weren't entirely like what she was used to. "I've seen similar before, but nothing exactly like it," she admitted. Besides, it would have been strange if one of the hulks would have gotten buried like this had. Even though they were rundown and decommissioned, they still stood proud unlike the structure before them. "The design of it kind of resembles things I've seen at sea, but this hardly stands as proud as the ones I've come across on my travels. Besides, they lack any Kevesi or Agnian designs to 'em." Rubbing her chin in thought, the young Kevesi supposed the hulks rarely hinted at which colony they originally belonged to anyways. Still, she was positive this was nothing akin to what she knew. No fabricator was nearby hinting to such, leaving her to believe it was its own thing. Whatever that may be.

"I'm not sure what a dwarf is, but I am a human, but I don't see how that matters with something like this," Shui mused. Deciding not to press further on the topic, she decided to move to the question she had been posed instead. "My colony doesn't deploy anything like this, no. All we have is our single ferronis and that's all. The castle never provided us with any other machinery, but we travel anyways so most things like this would only slow us down overtime. Lugging something like this in the sea would only slow us down." Most machines would have to be stored inside the ferronis when they were at sea anyways, unless they transported them by boat, but even then the colony didn't have many of those, and the ones they did have were small. Only a few people could fit on one, making the idea of moving even a levnis at sea a difficult feat. Besides, machines were no fun while exploring. Showing ones strength without such additives was what the colony had built itself upon after all.

Moving her gaze away from the rundown structure, Shui allowed her gaze to settle upon Khamadi. "I don't think I need to tell ye this, but from how rundown this all is, it doesn't seem like anyone has lived here recently. Finding out why that is might lead us to finding out more about our situation, like ye suggested before. I'd like to press on and find those answers."
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wormgod » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:20 am

Dawn & Sunny | Scream | 21 | Tagged: Snowspore

The mushroom man jumped at their appearance and Scream ignored it. They had no need for social niceties; they needed to get back to their Hive. Their dads were clueless at taking care of themselves and relied on them to take care of basic housework. They were awful before Dawn found them.

Scream watched as the mushroom and the bird as they seemed to try to calm Scream down? Well, the mushroom did, the bird looked irritated as their companion spoke, talking about how they shouldn't destroy the world--Dawn noted how the voice said world's core, not the whole world--and that Retchling heard it but doesn't speak. Augh, a hero. Dawn thought. Heroes were so annoying. Why bother with worrying about morals or consequences when this isn't even their own world? It's not like anything bad would happen to them or their families.

"Who cares? Not our world, not our probl--ACK!" Scream cried out as Retchling suddenly approached and, well, retched on them. Scream's coloring switched from warm yellows and reds to a deep, angry crimson and they stumbled back, hardening their skin like their sisters taught them to protect from the harmful acid. Mushroom Man stammered out an apology and held out a handkerchief, which they took and used to quickly wipe off, "Watch out, little bird. Will eat you." Sunny's voice whispered from their hair. Their coloring slowly shifted back. They gave the cloth back to Mushroom Man--Snowspore the druid, apparently. What is a druid?--and spoke, "We are Scream. We are nothing but ourselves. Your bird is rude, but thanks for the cloth."
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me