This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting!

Postby FaerieBoy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Tobias Atropadonna|Location ~ Berk|Tag(s) ~ Tarben, Toothless, Willa, Storm
You narrow your eyes at the building. "I don't like it." You huff under your breath, barely a whisper. Slowly you led Mel closer, although she seemed rather resistant. "Let's go inside. It's really cold."
FaerieBoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:54 pm

(Hey, Horsegorge, you can't play a Nightfury; it's in the rules that Toothless is the only one. Also, Trufflio, this was for you; sorry I didn't put the tag thingy.)

HeichouLevi wrote:(Alright, I'll keep Wildfire back until the new human is ready; he's coming in injured and will need help. But here's Icewing!)

Icewing grunted as he tried to stay in the air. His tired wings flapped awkwardly as he rapidly lost altitude. He had spotted a series of islands while he was flying and, knowing he wouldn't be able to go for much longer, decided it would do as a safe place to land. Of course, he didn't know that it was inhabited by humans or other dragons for that matter. But, it didn't deter the fact that Icewing needed to land. Soaring over a wooded area, the poor Woolly Howl grunted as his wings finally gave out and he plummeted towards the ground. He crashed through a series of trees and landed with an awkward splash in a river that currently hosted two other dragons. He lay there, completely exhausted, and far too tired to lift his head out of the water.
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm

(Thanks HeichouLevi for letting them know c: Also I'll hopefully get my new Viking up soon.)

|Tarben|17|Viking|Location: Berk|Dragon: Ember|Tags: Toothless, Willa, Tobias, and Mel |

Tarben eyed the Death Song not with wariness, but with sympathy. "My dragon didn't like the Academy much either the first time I led her inside," he said in an attempt to be reassuring. "She grew more comfortable with it in time, though."

|Ember|Monstrous Nightmare|Adolescent|Location: Berk|Rider: Tarben|Tags: Rouge and Brenna

Upon realising that she was scaring the girl a bit, Ember backed away. Despite the fact that the Monstrous Nightmare still didn't like or trust the stranger, she didn't want to scare her too badly. Tarben would be quite disappointed - while Ember didn't care when she made her rider angry, his disappointment was something she disliked majorly.

|Brenna Stormborn|16|Location: Berk|Tags: Rouge and Ember|

Brenna sent a rare smile at her dragon friend, giving it a tentative stroke. Hopefully she'd be able to find someone who could tell her what kind of dragon this was and what its gender was.

|Stormchaser|Skrill|Adolescent|Location: Berk|Tags: Raya, Benron, Nettal, Shelltoe, Sirene, Morlil |
Stormchaser glanced distrustfully from the fish to the blue Monstrous Nightmare. His body remained tense as he sniffed at the fish, making sure that they were in fact alright to eat. "Thanks," he grumbled to the other dragon, though his tone still contained traces of wariness. He grabbed one of the fish and tossed it into the air, catching it in his mouth with ease. He offered the other fish to the viking girl. He didn't know if humans ate fish, but it was worth a shot.

Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:01 pm

(Welcome! I understand the whole 'too many Nightfuries' thing. I did a RP like this once and every other dragon was a Nightfury.)

Icewing opened his eyes and looked up at the strange dragon near him. He could tell it was female by the sound of her voice but he didn't recognize her species. With a grunt, he dragged himself out of the river and collapsed on the shore. Still panting heavily, he asked in a weary voice, "Where.......where am I?"
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Icewing looked down at the fish then accepted it, weakly moving his head to snap it up and swallowed it whole. "I haven't....heard of this...Berk. My name is Icewing; what is yours? I don't recognize your kind," he asked as he lifted his head a little as a bit of strength returned to him.
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:41 pm

The Basics
Name: Magna Eldrsdóttir; Magna the Spitfire
Tribe: Hairy Hooligans
Height: On the shorter side, though around average.
Build: A bit chubby yet muscular, with a rounded face and a snub nose.
Skin type: Pale with a spattering of cinnamon-coloured freckles.
Hair: Orangey red and wild, typically with a bunch of smaller braids woven into it. Sometimes it will even have sticks and leaves in it to boot. Don't be surprised if you find someone's cat in there as well.
Eyes: Rounded and forest green.
Scars/tattoos/birthmarks: She has many freckles on her face and a few scattered scars in various places from doing things without thinking.
Other: Magna has a thick accent like that of Stoick the Vast and Gobber.

Digging Deeper
Sexuality: Pansexual
Personality: Magna is what some would call brave to the point of insanity. She's pretty overly enthusiastic about most things, and tends to be quite loud when she gets excited. She has major impulsive tendencies and often finds herself in some sort of trouble or another. She's really just an optimistic, spirited individual with a huge heart. She's quite the chatterbox, and will talk with absolutely anyone about anything. Magna is horrible at hiding her emotions; she's practically an open book.
Likes: Adrenaline, having fun, dragons, most people, positivity, jokes, and
Dislikes: Being told what to do if she doesn't agree with it, getting serious, being alone, lies, and pessimists.
Fears: Storms, deep water, and losing those she loves.
History: Magna was born during one of the worst storms in the history of Berk. Lightning had already struck several houses, so it wasn't a huge surprise when hers was hit as well. Her mother was giving birth inside when it happened. Magna took her first breaths in a flaming house, but was quickly rushed out by her father. He handed her to the village healer before rushing back in to save his wife.
That was the last time Magna saw her parents, and she was too young to remember it. She was raised by Berk's botanist, and therefore has a particular penchant for growing plants.

Personal Relations
Parents: Deceased
Siblings: None
Friends: Tarben, Skye, most people she happens to meet.
Dragon: None yet
Relationship with Dragon: None yet

(I have made my new viking c: I'll put up a post for her tomorrow; I'm currently going to bed unless insomnia has other plans.)
Last edited by WitchHazel on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby startail;; » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Benron Bengerden | Berk | fire worms(they are secret) | Tags: Morlil, Sirene Raya Stormchaser

Benron wanted to say hello. but stood still. Morlil jumped into the water. Benron felt a little lonely but stood strong.

Nettal Bengerden| 13 | Berk | Shelltoe | Tags: Alexis, Lightningstrike, Morlil, Sirene Raya Stormchaser

Nettal said to Raya ''hello, I'm Nettal and my brother Benron'' Benron nodded looking to the ocean were Morlil had jumped in. ''And this is my dragon Shelltoe.'' she turned around, Shelltoe was gone. *where did he go?* she thought.

Shelltoe | young adult | Berk | Nettal | Tags: Alexis, Lightningstrike, Morlil, Sirene Raya Stormchaser

Shelltoe saw that the skrill was a little untrustworthy to him. He gave an encouraging smile ''it's good''. Shelltoe usually was more of a playful sort but he got to thinking *wow all of these dragons have been attacked by hunters, I'm so very fortunate that I was put in the hand of Baction, Nettal's dad.* he turn to Sirene and gave a compassionate look. Morlil jumped into the water, Shelltoe looked at his surrounding and then jumped into the water following Morlil.

(Alexis, Lightningstrike feel free to fly in when ever<3)

startail;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:16 pm

(Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for your post and then get Wildfire on the ground for you.)

Icewing struggled to sit up with Snovella's help. "Oh....I have not seen your kind before. That would explain why I didn't recognize you. I am a Woolly Howl," he replied, gesturing to his large wings then looking back at Snovella.

(What does a Flame Whipper look like? I can't seem to find a decent pic of one. A Woolly Howl looks like a Nightfury but it's bigger than a Snow Wraith according to the Wiki page. It has elongated scales on its back that imitate fur and spits hail, sometimes in a cone attack.)
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Icewing balked as the scent of humans crossed his nostrils. "I'm not going in there. There are humans; they kill dragons," he insisted, refusing to take another step, even with Snovella helping him.
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:34 pm

"How do you know? The last humans I met killed my mate and destroyed my home; I lost everything because of humans! Why should these be any different?" Icewing snapped, sitting down hard and flat out refusing to move. His violet eyes flared with anger and rage over what the hunters had done to him.
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me