🦋 The 20th Hunger Games ➵ Victor: Penny

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 17 left

Postby anathema » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:49 pm

(x𝐊 𝐈 𝐋 𝐋 𝐈 𝐂 𝐊x𝐀 𝐂 𝐐 𝐔 𝐀 𝐓 𝐈x)

( district 4 )x( location: eastern quadrant )x( tags: careers, rieka, moses, sienna, reyna )

It all happened so quickly. One moment, they were preparing fish for breakfast; the next, they were all running to find the source of a scream. Killick's cutlass was ready at his side as he charged through the eastern quadrant, following after Eden, Chaska, and Gloria. They'd left the screeching Madeline behind, and rightfully so. She was still too angry to be of any help.
    A lump formed in Killick's throat at the sight of Rieka. The blood... he could handle it, yes, but she was so young. So young that she shouldn't even be thinking about death yet. Too young to actually be dying right now...

"Eden!" He suddenly found himself shouting, but it was far too late. Reyna's blade slashed open his ally's back before Killick could even get out the second syllable of his name. He then whipped his head around to catch Chaska, Gloria, and the pair from District Seven subduing the crazy girl from Twelve. Since enough of them were already on her, he came to Eden's side, standing guard over him and the wounded Rieka. He wouldn't let any other enemies get within a nautical mile of either of them.

anathema ‣ grad student ‣ 21+
kinda only here to rp and trade lolz

x
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Demitra Sparks
"Glad to have you along." Demitra nodded as the younger tribute thanked her, but her expression remained solemn. She'd have to come clean about trying to kill Zoe eventually. Her conscience wouldn't let her stay silent about what she did.
Zoe didn't seem to have a particular destination in mind for their travels, as long as they steered clear of the huge gathering in the distance. Demitra nodded in understanding. She had no intentions on going anywhere near that disaster, most likely it was the Career Alliance hunting down the creeps from earlier. The movement was too violent and chaotic to be anything else.
"You left the marsh, didn't you?" Demitra murmured. She didn't clarify how she knew that. "And the northern forest is too cold. We'll never be able to reach the west quadrant before nightfall by circling around, so there's only one place left to go."
She looked Zoe dead in the eye. "We'll make camp inside the Cornucopia."
Demitra led the way, setting off at a steady travelling pace. She stopped in her tracks at an all-too-familiar chime, one she'd never expected to hear during her arena experience. A sponsor gift. For her conscience's sake, Demitra hoped it was for Zoe.

Sponsor Gift
A soft chime sounded in the eastern quadrant, followed by the appearance of a silver silk parachute. It descended from the still skies and came to a rest near Zoe. Opening the oddly-shaped package attached would reveal an oversized sickle, able to be wielded with two hands like a scythe. The worn handle was wrapped in a tattered purple fabric. Clearly, someone had used it before.
Attached was a note from Himaya, written the night prior: "I won the Games with this. Hope it brings you luck."

Reyna Byrne of District Twelve
Tagged: Sharnaz, angry tributes
Before Reyna could take another step, pain shot through her heel. She swore and fell to her knees, confusedly watching Sharnaz run off into the distance. Did another tribute just shoot her? Before she could recover her footing or even check what caused her fall, however, that girl from District Seven slapped her in the face with a disgusting fish. "Ewww what the-"
She tried again to get up, but Sienna's district partner had arrived. Snarling and threatening, he slammed her into the ground like a ragdoll. All the punches landing on Reyna meant she couldn't even say a rude comment in between.
Moses only left when the District Two tributes arrived. That blonde, Gloria, decided to finally follow through on their 'agreement' during lunch. Reyna swore as the Career stabbed her in the leg. Gloria's district partner Chaska - who'd roared in pure rage just a minute ago - was now completely silent as he taunted Reyna with his scythe. Didn't even have the good graces to stab her with it.
"Why you little-" Reyna snarled at the duo, lashing out without caring who she hit. She still wanted to fight!

Eden Beauregard of District One
Tagged: Rieka, Sienna, Moses, Jay
A storm of thunderous tempers erupted behind Eden as tributes started to inflict justice upon the murderer. His allies were involved of course, but others joined the punishment as well. Nobody was fond of this vile coward who'd impaled a child and boasted about it. But this horrific fight should not be witnessed by young, tender eyes, so Eden turned to shield Rieka from the atrocities with his own body. He would remain her shield and cradle until the bitter end. If he couldn't save her, he'd at least keep her comfortable.
Rieka mentioned his injury, and Eden just smiled at her in an attempt at reassurance. His mind was blocking out the worst of the pain - it was nothing compared to his wrenching heart. "I've had paper cuts worse than this, and it's not your fault at all," He murmured, removing his jacket from where he'd tied it around his waist after helping Gloria. Thanks to that decision, there was no blood on it from the wound Reyna inflicted. Gently, he draped the jacket over the injured child's body. It would both keep her warm and hide the grisly wound.

The District Seven tributes soon arrived to comfort their baby, Sienna offering a song and Moses offering his district token. Little Jay from District Eleven joined them, sobbing with misery as he blamed himself for everything.
"Shh, you did nothing wrong," Eden scolded in the gentlest voice. Miserable sobs shook the child's small body, and Eden knew distracting him was the only option. "Jay, can you do me a favor and pick Rieka some pink flowers? There's a patch right behind you."
Moses soon returned, telling dear Rieka how much he loved her. The District Seven tribute had the aura of a worried, protective father about to lose his child. As for Sienna, despite the tears streaming down her face, she still lay a hand on Eden's back to comfort him. A brief jolt of pain stung him as her hand ventured near his wound, but he forced himself not to flinch. Sienna had the best of intentions and Eden would not let them go unappreciated. "Thank you," He murmured, managing a smile.

Now Killick had arrived, standing watch with his cutlass in hand. Eden nodded to him in gratitude. Now, safe and sound, he could oblige his child's final request - a bedtime story. It broke his heart Rieka would ask for such a thing, as if she already knew what was happening.
"Of course I will," Eden murmured, rubbing Rieka's shoulder to distract from the pain just a little. He only wished he could do more. But dwelling on that wouldn't change anything - he needed to focus on telling her the best story. Thinking back to the tales he'd heard as a young Career, he quickly decided on a story that might bring Rieka some comfort. He'd tell it just as his mother did all those years ago.

"Once there lived a scientist, the most brilliant and determined of all. No one knew when she was born, but great-grandparents recalled her presence during their own childhoods. She was timeless, maybe immortal. And she seemed to fear nothing.
No one knew the scientist's only fear - death itself. All her beautiful inventions, all her grit and perseverance, she channeled all of it in extending her own life. But one day, time began to catch up with her magnificent genius. A wrinkle had appeared on her face, the first and only after hundreds of years. Her innovations were no longer enough to stave off the creeping tide of age."

"Taking drastic action, the scientist poured all her intellect and will into one more invention. But after drawing the blueprint, she realized she'd never live long enough to see it completed... unless she put aside all her other pursits. She'd no longer have the time to help others with her creations. And even then, success was not guaranteed. Perhaps she'd throw away her life for nothing.
Faced with this terrible choice, she stared long and hard into the unfinished chassis of her project. What is life but fighting for its continuance? As she turned around to see her other inventions, ones she'd built to help the handicapped, the scientist realized she'd been wrong. There's more to life - much more. And with what time she had left, she wanted to improve the quality of her life and others.
From that moment on, the scientist set aside her dreams of further longevity. She devoted all her time and energy to helping others experience life to its fullest. As she poured her kindness into the world, her doubts and fears seemed to melt away."

"Decades later, when the scientist lay on her deathbed, a kind visitor invited himself into her room. He lay his scythe down and knelt by her bedside, regarding her with the gentlest eyes she'd seen. "It has been a while."
"I hid from you for so long," She murmured, searching for a hint of anger in those dark depths. "Do you not hate me?"
"I could never hate you," The visitor chuckled. "I love you. I love you for all your brilliance and determination, for all the lives you saved and extended. The lengthening of a life does not mock death, just as the unnecessary hastening of one does not pay me further respect. I wish only for my children to experience life to its fullest before I lift them from its worldly burdens."
"Well, I have." A smile warmed her face. "I have experienced life to its fullest. And now, I'm ready for the next adventure."
Returning the smile, the visitor offered her his hand. She accepted it with grace and followed him into the waiting light."

Silent tears streaked down Eden's cheeks as he finished the story. "Sleep well, Rieka," He murmured, tucking the jacket around her shoulders like a blanket. Wherever the sweet child was going, he hoped she'd be safe and warm, surrounded by flowers and those she loved. He'd be watching for her in the sky tonight - her smile would light up the heavens.

(Aaa coming up with that story took me longer than expected! Hope my Rieka baby likes it </3)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a b c d e » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:48 am

Zoe Marius of District 11
Tags: Demitra

Demitra greeted her and asked that she'd left the marsh, right? Zoe nodded. Demitra then suggested that they camp inside the Cornucopia, looking into her eyes with her grey ones. Zoe stopped dead in her tracks. "The Cornucopia?" she said, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. "But... what if the Careers come back? All I have is this flimsy ar--" A soft chime came from the sky and Zoe turned around in shock. A gift? For who? She guessed it was probably Demitra's, but it landed softly at her feet.

Zoe, with a quick glance at her new ally, opened the box. It clicked open and revealed a beautiful, shining sickle. Zoe had seen some of these before in the fields, but they were mostly used by Peacekeepers. She reverently took off the purple silk -- her favorite color! -- and held the worn handle with both hands. "Oh..." she breathed, holding up the sickle and letting it shine in the light. A note from Himaya fluttered out, reading, I won the Games with this. Hope it brings you luck. Tears sprang to her eyes as she looked to the sky, hoping Himaya could see her reaction. "Thank you, Himaya," she whispered, holding the sickle in the air. With this weapon... she might actually have a chance!

She turned and looked at her ally, a new determination and joy in her dark brown eyes and nodded. "We'll camp out at the Cornucopia."
a b c d e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:26 am

Caspia Searobin | District 4 | Location: East Camp | Tags: Killick, Chaska, Eden
Caspia watched carefully as Chaska gutted the fish, ready to correct him if necessary and reinforcing him was he was doing it right. His work was surprisingly precise and she spent most of the time nodding until Eden returned with the swords. She looked up as Eden questioned them all, talking about having an odd feeling. Caspia shook her head, bad feelings usually meant an attack was imminent but.. "It would be foolish to attack all six- " Her words were cut off by a horrible pained shriek, that of a child. In an instant Chaska was gone, followed by Eden who called the rest of the Careers to follow. Caspia took a moment to grab her trident from the ground before running in the direction of the scream. What coward was going after children, especially while there were still so many other tributes remaining? Oh, that coward. She reached the site of the scream to witness the foul District 12 girl, Reyna, pulling her sword out from the tiny pale-haired girl. Her second blow never reached its target as Eden jumped in front of the blade, cradling Rieka.
Reyna's had made a fatal error in wounding the girl and Caspia watched as she fell to the ground, from some mysterious injury, and was immediately set on by Sienna and Moses. Gloria also arrived, driving a knife into the District 12 tributes leg.

Reyna was lashing out from the floor but there was no way she'd be going anywhere. The coward's time was up, and it seemed her life would end painfully. As much as Caspia also hated the District 12 girl she thought it was Rieka's allies' rights to punish her, and Caspia was a warrior not a torturer, so she joined Killick guarding the sad scene. Eden was still cradling Rieka and had sent the other child, Jay, to collect some flowers. Now he was beginning to tell a story in a gentle voice. She felt a rare tightness in her throat forming as she listened.

———

Felix Prestman | District 12 | Location: Heading West | Tags: Penny
Felix listened earnestly as Penny told him about her own dreams. When she began talking she dismissed herself as being destined to just work in her District's factories but then she paused for a moment. When she spoke again she spoke of her real dream, opening a shop and, even better, providing quilts and blankets to poor children. How lucky he was to find such a compassionate person as an ally. "That sounds wonderful. And I bet everything you sew is beautiful." He looked wistful for a moment. "Imagine if we didn't have to be separated by Districts. I could have my pharmacy and you could have your shop next door. You could give blankets to comfort sick patients and I could find you nice smelling herbs to put in the stuff you sew. It would be the best."
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose petals. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:21 am

GᒪOᖇIᗩ ᒪᗩᑕE
|female|2|career|tags: careers, reyna|

Gloria laughed at Reyna's disheveled state. The girl couldn't even move but she was still putting up a fight, seeing her begin to lash out Gloria jumped out of reach, angry dying tributes were often times the most dangerous. Gloria smirked at Chaska, his scythe ready to end the brat once in for all. Readying another throwing knife, Gloria looked down on Reyna, she didn't pity her, but she wasn't angry at her like Chaska. She'd let Chaska kill her of course, he seemed to want to kill her more, but Gloria wasn't going to go cry over a pathetic dying girl when there was a tribute right here to kill! Quickly, the blonde career threw her knife forcefully at Reyna's shoulder.

ᑭEᑎᑎY ᔕYᒪᐯEᔕTEᖇ
|female|8|tribute|tags: felix|

Penny smiled when Felix complimented her sewing and her shop idea, even though he had never seen her stitch work other than what she had stitched onto the quilt as a child. She closed her eyes and imagined what it would be like as Felix spoke. Oh how wonderful it would be! "That would be amazing!" Penny exclaimed, although there was some sadness hidden under her chipper tone. That dream wouldn't happen... After a few moments, tears started welling in the poor girl's eyes. She didn't want to die like this! Jasper was right, but she couldn't help herself from losing faith!
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🍭 xxvii, ☭ xxx, ☣ xxix

Postby Zyn » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 am

🍭 ℜ𝔦𝔢𝔨𝔞 𝔊ü𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 🍭
District 10 || Tribute || Female || Thirteen || The Young Wolf

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
🍭 Location: Eastern Quadrant
🍭 Tags: Eden, Moses, Sienna, Jay
🍭 Mood: Falling Asleep

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Rieka turned her slightly unfocused gaze on Moses when he returned and pressed his hand against her head. Leaning slightly into the touch she fixed him with a soft of an expression as she could manage while she was in so much pain. "I love you too, and it's not your fault, Moses" she murmured softly. Her voice was lace with the pain that coursing through her entire body. Thankfully Eden took her up on her final request, a bed time story to help her along the way. With great effort she lifted her gaze to Eden as she listened to the career begin the story. With every heartbeat it became harder and harder to keep her eyes open. The story was very calming and the voice of the district one career was deeply relaxing. Almost too relaxing as she found herself almost drifting away to the sound of his voice several times. However she couldn't allow herself to leave just yet. Her breath became labored and by the end of the story her eyes were almost all the way closed. Gasps of pain punctuated her much to fast breathing. At Edens words her eyes slid open ever so slightly to fix them with a glassy stare. Behind those glazed eyes was an enormous amount of love. "It's okay now, it doesn't hurt anymore" she whispered. She knew what it meant and she had to say a few things before she wouldn't able to say them anymore. "I love you all so I better not see anyone of you in the afterlife any time soon" her voice was barely loud enough to be heard. Suddenly she twisted slightly turning to look over at the camera that had to be nearby. When she had found where she thought it would be she forced a tiny smile on her lips. "Goodnight Jillian." Her eyes slide shut and with a last shuddering breath she was gone. A canon fired.

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚡 ☭
District 2 || Career || Male || Eighteen || The Mad Dog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☭ Location: Eastern Quadrant
☭ Tags: Reyna, Gloria, Sharnaz
☭ Mood: Focused, Furious

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Chaska took a swift step back when Reyna lashed out in a vain attempt to attack them. However her blows where weak and didn't connect. At the sound of Eden's voice he turned slightly to see the poor child in the career's arms. There was a crowd of people around the tiny albino girl, a girl who didn't deserve to go out so quickly. His sharp gaze caught the way the kid fought for breath, and despite the cloth covering her grisly wound he could still see the blood. With fresh anger he turned back to the district twelve tribute just in time to watch Gloria throw a knife into Reyna's shoulder. His lips tugged upwards in a small sign of approval before he gestured for Gloria to step back. With a swing he sliced through her other shoulder, he wasn't about to let her get off to easily. That being said his next swing decapitated the tribute and a loud canon sound could be heard. Stooping he picked up the long sword, prying it from Reyn'a hands. As he straightened his heart clenched at the sound of a second canon. Without even looking back he took off, headed in the direction that Sharnaz had gone. Luckily it seemed that she hadn't gotten too far, it seemed that she had doubled back. So catching up to her, while it took quite a bit of running was actually possible. As he approached he let out a similar battle cry from earlier.

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓏 𝒜𝒹𝓋𝒶𝓃𝒾 ☣
District 5 || Tribute || Female || Seventeen || The False Prophet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

☣ Location: Eastern Quadrant
☣ Tags: Not really alone
☣ Mood: Focused

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sharnaz ran blindly through the prairie, she had already been forced to turn around when she realized she had headed further South. She wanted to go back to the Northern Quadrant. The trees had given her some hope, besides there was that cave that she had found with Reyna and she was fairly sure she would be able to hold up there for awhile. There was no guarantee that the careers weren't going to follow her but the forest would make it hard for them to track her and so she stood a much better chance over there. Besides maybe she could find Darius and force him to help her out. After all she had already lost one ally, she knew this because she had heard the canon go off. Not long after a second canon had gone off. One of those canons was for Reyna and one for that tiny kid. Sprinting forward she prayed that nobody would catch up to her. The thundering of footsteps told her something differently but she didn't dare turn around yet to see who had found her.
Last edited by Zyn on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵

Postby Runnersback » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:30 am

Sienna Mach-North| D7 |17|Tags:Moses,Jay,Eden & careers| loc:East

Sienna just nodded softly,“We’ll take care of Jay don’t you worry little one.” She whispered as the cannon broke clean through the air. Sienna wiped tears streaming down her face as she frowned that she had managed to smear Eden’s blood on there also.“Eden? Uhm can I patch up your back for you? It’s a awfully big slash and I’m quite worried for you,and Moses’s sake.” She said gently through tears as she had moved around him and placed a hand on Moses to also try and comfort him from the grief. Sienna didn’t mean to pull him form his grief but she was worried from his loss of blood.She wiped her face on her jacket not caring anymore but worrying about her favorite boys. Sienna had a feeling she would have a hard time relocating with Moses and poor Jay.

Moses Grandy| D7 |18|Tags:Sienna,Jay,careers| loc:East

Moses swore he registered Rieka’s last words but all he could feel was the warmth leaving her body and the last little tremble. It was too soon. It was all a lie. This had to be a corporate sham. She had to be alive still there was no way she was dead. But every time he caresses her face she was just cold to the touch.The life had drained from his face,his soul, his absolute everything. His weapons just slid off of him as his cold brown eyes just wandered around. Moses hands shook not with rage but with desperation, it was a lie!!! It was all a lie! Colby was still alive just in a better place and so was Rieka. Or so he thought till the Cannon confirmed. His breath became ragged as his knees shattered beneath of him releasing his weight to the broken meadow.There was only one thing he could do now and it was scream.“RIEKA!!!!” That’s all the red head could shriek out as he rocked back in forth while lilting out pitiful sobs and wails.He was scaring everyone of course but who wouldn’t be acting like this. Moses had lost it all except for Sienna, he just hoped the Capitol was proud of who he is at the moment. He felt warm hands on his shoulder as he writhed away aggressively,“Get off me!!!” Moses shouted and smacked away Sienna leaving her frightened of who he was at the moment. He just needed time.
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 15 left

Postby rose petals. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 am

GᒪOᖇIᗩ ᒪᗩᑕE
|female|2|career|tags: careers|

Did Chaska almost smile? Gloria didn't think too much about it though and stepped back, actually letting someone tell her what to do for once in her life. A smile appeared on Gloria's face when Reyna's red head rolled right off her shoulders. Her cannon was closely followed up by another, which the girl assumed was for Reika. Chaska had run off, taking Reyna's sword with him. Gloria wasn't about to let the Capitol craft take two of her throwing knives, so she quickly harvested the one from her shoulder and the one in her leg and sheathed them back into her belt. Keeping a clean knife clenched in her hands, Gloria paced closer to the group of mourners. She wasn't going to take a part of this, but she had her knife held at the ready in case Sharnaz or Darius came back. Or in case any mutt decided to attack, there were enough tributes here to warrant an attack. Casting a glance over the pair from seven Gloria had half the mind to just throw her knives at their heads. They weren't protected by their alliance so what was stopping her? Eden. With a scoff Gloria turned away from the crying tributes and scratched at her ear.
rose petals.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵ 15 left

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:41 am

Demitra Sparks
Demitra smiled, so the sponsor gift had indeed been for her new ally. A well-used but sharp sickle now lay in Zoe's hands. The kid was getting a little emotional over it, which made Demitra's colder heart a little uncomfortable, but she suppressed any reaction and kept the smile on her face. Conviction had appeared in Zoe's dark eyes as she turned to face Demitra and agreed to the plan.
"Sounds good," Demitra told her with a little pat on the shoulder. Now that they were standing up, it surprised her how the fourteen-year-old girl was a fair bit taller than herself. Oh well, nothing wrong with that. Demitra started to lead the way.
"About what you said earlier, I doubt the Careers will go there right now," she murmured as she stalked through the grass. "They cleaned the Cornucopia of all loot and left. I've seen it - it's empty and the lake around it is now flooded. Once we're there, we'll be able to pick off any tributes trying to swim to us." Demitra held up one of her throwing knives.

Eden Beauregard of District One
Tagged: Caspia, Gloria, Killick, Sienna, Moses, Jay, Rieka, Chaska
Eden struggled to meet Rieka's gaze through a mist of tears. The pain had melted away from those gentle red eyes, allowing the love and softness underneath to shine unimpeded. She was so sweet, so innocent, yet her life was stolen in the most callous of ways. All Eden could ask for now was a peaceful rest for this dear child. "We love you too, Rieka. Sweet dreams."
After the cannon fired, he found he couldn't bring himself to let go. He rocked the child in his arms like a sleeping baby - if he overlooked the cold beginning to creep into her small body, he could pretend she'd just taken a nap. It was difficult to accept otherwise. The slightest tremble could be seen in the Career's hands as he finally forced himself to set Rieka down. He kept his jacket wrapped around her, it was her blanket now and he couldn't take it away. Poor baby needed to be cozy and warm.

He gasped in surprise as someone called his name, turning his head with wide eyes as if expecting to see his child awake and well. Fresh pain stabbed at his chest as those false hopes shattered a moment later. Still, Sienna's concern warmed his heart... He'd almost forgotten about the wound on his back. Maybe it was a good thing, patching it up could serve as a distraction from the worse pain inside. Especially for Rieka's allies. Eden's heart ached for them - Jay had lost his best friend, Sienna and Moses their surrogate child.
Moses seemed to be taking it hardest of all, screaming and lashing out. Eden's eyes widened as the grieving tribute smacked away his district partner. He put a hand on Sienna's arm in a comforting gesture - and to show he'd defend her from her friend's unpredictable actions. Eden didn't blame Moses for it though. Grief could change a person, make them unrecognizable. Hopefully he could heal, but...
"Thank you, Sienna." Eden murmured to her. "We have a first-aid kit back at camp, as well as food and clean water. More than enough for everyone. How about you and your allies come with us? You can rest and recover before I send you on your way."

He turned to his allies who stood guard beside him - the ones who remained. "Gloria, Caspia, could you go after Chaska please? Let him know we'll meet up back at camp. Oh, and if the three of you do catch Sharnaz, send her a friendly greeting from me."
Standing up, he made brief eye contact with Killick. "Thanks for warning me earlier. Let's go home, okay?"
Eden gave everyone his best attempt at a reassuring smile, then picked up his swords and started to lead the way back to camp. Which meant leaving little Rieka behind. When he thought nobody could see his face, he wiped the tears that had gathered in his eyes - he had to remain calm for the time being. Almost everyone here was grieving, some more than others. Rieka's allies had it worse than him. While they were under his care, Eden had to remain calm to provide them some semblance of stability in their newly-uprooted lives.

Jillian Tybalt of District Ten
Seeing nothing but a red haze, Jill screamed and screamed until her voice went hoarse, and then she screamed some more. Each beat of her child's heart brought her closer to death. And nothing Jill could do would stop it. She wrenched free of Himaya's arms, lashing out at anything and anyone that dared to come within her sight. Plates, chairs, cutlery, it all smashed against the walls and floors as the out-of-control mentor continued her rampage. All her hurt came out as anger, raw and blinding in its intensity.
Then Rieka's soft red eyes pierced through the curtain of overwhelming anger, bringing Jill back to her senses for just a moment. The overwhelmed mentor fell to her knees, sobbing and gasping for air. She'd forgotten to stop for breath during her screaming fit. Now, as Rieka smiled at her and spoke a final good night, Jill could do nothing but uselessly cry and reach out for the child she'd never hold again.
Her shoulders slumped in helpless defeat as the cannon fired. Now even the anger had left her, left her cold and alone and without her little baby. "Good night, Rieka," Jill whispered, eyes glassy and numb as she watched a Career lay her child down in the grass. When Himaya came to hug her, she didn't fight this time. Just leaned into her beloved's warm embrace as sobs shook her body.

Himaya Hannock of District Eleven
Himaya barely registered Zoe's reaction to the sickle as it flickered on the screen. She did acknowledge it with a brief nod, but her heart wasn't in it right now. The program shifted back to Rieka's final breaths, a sight that sent piercing pain through Himaya's chest as if she'd been impaled. But she forced herself to take deep breaths and remain calm. Her child needed her... and Jill needed her.
Jill's struggles only worsened as the poor soul's death dragged on. At one point, Himaya lost her grip and the smaller woman broke free. All Himaya could do was wait for the storm to pass now. Horrible, agonized screams escaped the tortured mentor as she grieved the loss of the only tribute who'd touched her heart. Himaya's heart ached at the sight, and even worse at what was happening to poor Rieka. The one thing that brought her comfort was that Rieka was surrounded by friends who loved her.
When Jill finally broke down and fell to her knees, Himaya approached with cautious steps and wrapped her arms around her. Rieka's cannon had fired by now, the poor soul. Himaya closed her eyes in a wordless prayer for her sweet child to find peace.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 20th Hunger Games ➵

Postby Runnersback » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Sienna Mach-North| D7 |17|Tags:Moses,Jay,Eden & careers| loc:East ->career camp
Her eyes were glued to Moses still as she felt a warm protective hand on her arm,“No problem.... and thank you for your kindness.” She said as she wiped away tears no doubt she wanted to cry more especially seeing Moses like this. This wasn’t her beast friend at all, he had never gotten this worked up before especially when his pets who were practically best friends had passed on.“Thank you... We hope to be out of your hairs soon enough.” She said thoughtfully with dullness slicing her voice.“Jay come here! grab what you can or want sweet boy. We’re finding new shelter for the night. Rieka wants you to keep playing and fighting for her.” She said softly to him as the Capitol craft had taken her body also. Sienna was trying her best to be positive but honestly it was hard and it hurt her like hell. She sighed softly and picked up Moses’s weapons and slung them over her shoulder as she grabbed the combative Moses’s hands and dragged him along. He didn’t slap he just scratched like a feral mutt or beast who had lost his child. And he did so she didn’t take it to heart at all... plus it was too the wrists and who cared about those anyway.

Moses Grandy| D7 |18|Tags:Sienna,Jay,careers| loc:East-> career camp
Moses didn’t register what Eden and said and frankly the grief laid in his heart made him not care. He was just a broken toy for the Capitol to play with. Moses had stopped loudly wailing but now he was just silently sobbing as his mind went numb. He didn’t mean to hurt Sienna but he didn’t want to leave the spot he was in and her grabbing his hands and dragging him just made him more frustrated. On top of that his cheek was radiating heat and the scratches were turning into a ugly infected color. The bacteria in his body was also what set him on edge but mainly it was all because of the deaths. That were way too soon together. This was the games wasn’t it? The president’s premo source of entertainment. His mind couldn’t fathom any other thought or picture but of the Capitol and little Rieka. Maybe he should have thought about his parents, or Garry, or even Seven but nothing could draw him away. As he continued on his journey to the new camp he tried aggressively digging his boots into the ground as his tears had stopped flowing. Now he was just a eerie angry silent beast calmer then he was before. But what he knew was that he had failed Rieka.
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me