──────── the maze runner rp

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

r [003]

Postby senna_ » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:37 am

────── 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄 x───────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    she/herrunnerlocation: mazementions: tagstags: runners
    It seemed as though Clara somehow managed to hear Sage's reminder towards Chris, for the second the tall brunette mentioned her name, Rosie was able to catch sight of her. Sending her a small smile as she approached, she turned her hazel-eyed gaze back onto Sage. "Thanks," she voiced to the taller Runner, her smile genuine, despite being rather ghostly, "but trust me, it'll take a lot more than a cramp to keep me in there for longer than I have to be." She had only ever seen a Griever once, when Alby took her to the cracked window at the top of the Maze back when she was still considered a Greenie. The sight of it had been the most horrifying yet intriguing thing she had ever set eyes on, even to this very day. Even though she had been mesmerized by it, Rosie wasn't stupid. Even to dream about being by a Griever's side would be considered a horrible nightmare. Nobody survived a night alone in the Maze.

She turned back around to properly face Clara as the breathless blonde shuffled closer to them. "It happens," she dismissed the many apologies, unable to hide the faint amusement that lingered on her features. "Let's go now; Chris'll probably throw a fit if we stand around here any longer." She shot the Runner a pointed look, although it was light-hearted. And then she was off again.

Things always grew hazy once in the Maze. Sounds turned to blurred hums, so echoey that it was always a challenge to figure out even which direction they came from. Visuals swayed as the lighting drastically shifted, the walls seemingly swapping places, the vines appearing as though they were dancing to soundless music. Sometimes, it didn't even feel like Rosie was running. Sometimes, it was almost as though she would lose feeling in her legs, in her feet, despite still having the strength to keep her upright. As per usual, it wasn't much of a difference today. Occasionally, she could feel the soles of her runners brushing against the dirty tiled floor, but a fuzzy sensation trickled down her legs and overpowered her senses. The only things keeping her afloat were the sounds of the Runners nearby, and an odd buzzing in the background. The Box. It had to be; Rosie had travelled through the Maze enough times to know when a present sound was out of place, and considering that they hadn't been met by a new Greenie within the past little while, it only made sense. She couldn't remember the last time she had been there to greet the Greenie and help with supplies. Before becoming a Runner, she always tried to be the first one there, but now, she had a different duty to tend to.

As they travelled further into the Maze, Rosie retreated back, enough to fall into step with Sage. "You doing okay?" she asked the Runner, keeping her tone low. Sage was always quiet, and Rosie hadn't ever been able to tell when she was having a good or bad day. Likewise, today was no different, but Rosie still felt the need to ask. It didn't hurt, anyway. Even though Minho was in charge, Rosie liked to check in on her fellow Runners ─ even if it wasn't beneficial to them, it always made her feel a bit better.
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ──────── the maze runner rp

Postby *Lovel* » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:08 am

『✹』 Nathaniel『✹』

Cook ♛ 17 ♛ Biexual

==== ♛ ======== ♛ ========= ♛ ======== ♛ ========= ♛ ======== ♛ ======== ♛ ======== ♛ ======== ♛ ======== ♛ ====
Tags: Bree, Leo, and Anna

Nate chuckled softly at Bree's comment "At least they give us some nice bacon." Speaking of he started slicing a few pieces of bacon before cracking and mixing up the eggs. Upon Bree's frantic mumbling he looked up from his prep and set his bowl of eggs down. "If you don't tell I won't." He leaned in close to Bree's ear. "Besides the Med-Jack's are my favorite. Don't tell anyone." He backed up grabbing his bowl with a wink and added in his spices. He carefully poured the contents of the bowl into the pan and stirred. The eggs were mostly cooked when he added the bacon in then from there it only took a few moments for the eggs to be completely cooked. Anna then made her entrance "then there were three." He noted quietly. He added another egg as per Anna's request. "Lovely to see you Miss Anna on this lovely morning." He bowed his head slightly accidentally spilling some egg into the still hot pan with a sizzle. Oops.

He was plating the eggs when the sounds of the boxes arrival sounded. He paused a moment, his heart pounding as he remembered the time he came up in the box himself. The gravity of his situation unknown to him at the time, he recalled all the past panic attacks the sound of the box recalled. Some days it'd completely stop him from doing his work as he'd sit on the kitchen floor waiting for the world to stop taking the breath out of his lungs. He focused on the smells of his food as he counted down from 15. Soon he caught his breath again and continued his plating hoping the Med-Jacks didn't notice the episode. "Here, give some to the greenie. I may steal the spotlight from them if I were to go out there." He gave a smirk as he handed the Gladers their breakfast.

Steven Grant.Marc Spector.Khonshu.

*Lovel*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

02 - Clara

Postby _Ambereyes_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:46 am

. 𝐂 𝐥 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚

Tags: rosie
Mentions:
-

“You’d think after almost a year, that’d I’d finally learn to wake up on time, eh?” The blonde mumbled to no one in particular. Clara’s body had learned pretty early on to ignore some of the comments about her sleeping schedule, even if they were helpful. No matter what, she just couldn’t fall asleep. Any slight noise jolted her awake. Then she’d just lay there for a few hours, unable to fall back. But she always takes a nap when they get back. It’s a special place where no one can disturb her - and a place where she can get an hour or two of actual sleep. Out by the animal pens, there’s a tree with a big trunk and high branches. The leaves reach out far, so she has shade to lay on the grass. After the Map room visit - and a quick stop at the kitchen - she’ll go there. Besides, she’s Clara, so if anyone sees her, they know - don’t disturb. At that delightful thought, she waited for all the runners to enter first and then entered herself.

The first time she went into the Maze both awed and scared her. Giant, looming walls surrounding you are a bit daunting. But after a while you just get used to it. It really just becomes the norm for the Runners. You kind of have to when you’re one of them. Too much of a distraction could cause trouble. Well, at least for Clara. She had to focus properly. Take in the sights, sounds and smells. She was constantly mapping everything in her head - as Runners do. It’s also how she distracts herself from the burning sensation in both her legs and chest. Even when you’ve been a Runner for a while, it never gets easy. Having to wake up at the crack of dawn, running with heavy packs for hours on end. It’s exhausting - it’s hell, to be frank. For Clara, it drains her mentally, physically and emotionally. Tired. Always tired. Pain. Always in pain, whether it’s an injury or mental - it hurts. And even grief. Clara herself has experienced that whilst being here. She’s somewhat learned to just switch that part off in her mind. If you think about it too much, it swallows you whole.

Clara switched off the thoughts - now was the time to focus.
Last edited by _Ambereyes_ on Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image

_Ambereyes_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kellybelly1403 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:28 pm

-removed-
𝚂𝚑𝚎/𝙷𝚎𝚛 | 𝟷𝟾𝚢 | 𝚂𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚛 | 𝙰𝚌𝚎/𝙱𝚒 | 𝙻𝙾𝙲𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽: Woods | 𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂: tags, Isa | 𝚃𝙰𝙶𝚂: Brooks -> Open

Her jaw tightened, and eyes narrowed down at the boy as she held her tongue just this once. *A bother? No. Definitely much worse than that. More like a peace disturber* Freyja thought to herself…not knowing that ‘a bother’ and ‘a peace disturber’ are pretty much the same thing, but it is fine. She watched as his face played with many expressions, hurt, pain, shame, sadness. They were all there. Now whether Brooks was trying to hide those or not was another matter. It definitely seemed like it, but unfortunately for him, the girl was able to catch on, and adding to that she heard his comment as well. “You always on the run to kill the moods. They have been killed since box brought you up.” she sassed, making sure he heard. Was that a tad harsh? Yes. Was she aware of that? Yes, yes she was. Did she care? Nope. Freyja knew very well that Brooks meant well every time he visited, yet she still bullied him. She bullied everyone.

The Slicer watched as the boy slowly walked away, almost as if he was a child that had just been punished to their room, the slow shameful walk. Head down and feet dragging. The big ordeal. But it wasn’t long before his speed picked up (Just like always). It was sad, and the brunette did in fact feel bad, which was strange. Had she been too hard on him this time? Possibly, but there was nothing she could do now right? The pain was already given, it can’t be taken back. At least she didn’t know how to take it back. What was it everyone always said? Sorry? Ya no. That word was not in her vocabulary, nor did she even have an understanding of what that word meant. The girl has heard it for almost three years now, but never once got an explanation on what that meant. Freyja did have a feeling it had something to do with feeling bad or guilty, as everyone’s voices during it felt saddened, but that was not enough to gather information on it.

It wasn’t too long after Brooks had left, that the girl was alone again. She slowly and carefully looked around the area, making sure no one was there, before kneeling down towards the limp flower. The petals folded on top of one another, as the steam laid flat. She cautiously picked up the faltered flower and placed it gently in her palm. Surprised that not one petal was torn, the smallest smile appeared on her lips. “Takk” Freyja spoke softly, as she stood up slowly, making sure the Wood’s Rose was covered and protected by her hands, and just like that, a loud buzzing sound echoed throughout the woods. “En annan?” She questioned.

. . . . .

-removed-
𝚂𝚑𝚎/𝙷𝚎𝚛 | 𝟷𝟽𝚢 | 𝙼𝚎𝚍-𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 | 𝙷𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚘 | 𝙻𝙾𝙲𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽: Kitchen | 𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂: tags | 𝚃𝙰𝙶𝚂: Nate, Leo, Anna

Bree smiled. “That they do.” Honestly, the girl wouldn’t know what they would be eating if they didn’t have the animals. Yes, having the chickens lay eggs is great, but eggs can only feed so many, whereas a pig can feed everyone. If they didn’t have livestock, nor the Slicers, the Gladers would probably be struggling to keep up a normalish diet, especially adding the fact they do not have a lot of big food supplies, well not that she knows of anyway. Gathering her attention back as Nate came closer, giggling at his comment. “My lips are sealed.” She motioned a gesture as if she was zipping her lips, then putting up her pinky. “I promise.” Even though this wasn’t a major secret, the Med-Jack still felt sworn to act as it was. Promises were one of the very things she took extremely seriously, and to show it, she always put out her pinky. Bree never knew where she picked that up, but using her pinky as a promise just meant a lot to her.

It was always cool watching the Cooks do their job. It wasn’t often the blonde would see them in action as she would be busy with her own job, but it amazed her how creative they can be with new recipes, especially with limited supply at the end of the month. Although Nate makes cooking look so easy, Bree knew for a fact it wasn’t. Well at least not for her.

The girl noticed a sudden change in Cook's eyes when the rattling of the box echoed, as if he was seeing a ghost. The daze into nothingness, something that she has seen before. The girl gently placed her hand on his, hoping not to startle him, but also just allowing him comfort for whatever was going on. She didn’t want to announce his state to everyone else, as it was his own and a lot of people, her being one, would not want someone to announce that they were going through an episode. Sometimes it can be overwhelming just having one person know, let alone many. Bree just hoped she was helping in his situation. When he did happen to ‘snap out’ she was relieved yet worried. She had a feeling what he meant by ‘stealing the spotlight’ from the new greenie. And if she happened to be right, she wanted to make sure he was okay. Taking their breakfast from the Cook, she thanked him. “I’ll be out there shortly, you go on ahead of me guys. I’ll meet you at the box” She told Anna and Leo, hoping they would understand.
Last edited by Fawnie on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed imagery per roleplay rules
kellybelly1403

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Lovel* » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:32 am

『 ➸』 Sage『 ➸』

Runner ♣ 18 ♣ Heterosexual

==== ♣ ======== ♣ ========= ♣ ======== ♣ ========= ♣ ======== ♣ ======== ♣ ======== ♣ ======== ♣ ======== ♣ ====
Tags: Clara, Chris, and Rosie

Clara showed up only a few moments after being mentioned. Sage looked back to Rosie as she exclaimed that more than a cramp would hold her in the maze. The faintest of smiles spread across Sage's face. Then it disappeared as she remembered her first look at a Griever. It didn't seem so deadly at first with its body all matted and it's tail swishing back and forth until she caught a closer look at the monster. They were fast and agile with their tail being a deadly spikey match that held a vicious poison only a couple runners were unfortunate to experience. The sight of one now made her nauseous.

"Just try not to do it again." Although the words to Clara would have been mean to the untrained ear but the runners knew her. They knew her tongue was always sharper than how she meant it. After her words Sage made her start in the maze. The air rushing past her ears drowning out the world around her. The burning sensation in her legs giving her an abnormal rush of adrenaline. Her breath was steady, her cheeks burning with heat. Then she momentarily lost her concentration feeling her bodies exhaustion as she heard the alarm for the box.

Sage remembered her first day as a greenie, it was scary but everyone was so nice and welcoming that she quickly grew relaxed enough in her settings. It took her a few days longer than most to remember her name. She was given the tour of the glade and was instantly fascinated with the maze, even so Alby didn't want to start her in the maze, he put her with the trackhoes for a few months where she ended up meeting Brooks and trained him for a bit. That was until Zart recommended her taking a different job and suggested Minho to give her a chance and he ended up taking Sage on a solo run with her. After that run she was even more fascinated by the maze and Minho decided to keep her on as a runner from then on.

Sage wasn't the one to help the greenies, if she happened to be in the glade when they came up she watched from a distance. There were others that were more warm and welcoming than her. They were a better welcoming committee by far. The usual greenie helpers were Brooks, Bree, and Rosie. Since Rosie was here with her she hoped Brooks and Bree were already to the box with their warm smiles. With Sage's mind elsewhere it made her fall into the middle of the small pack of runners. Her mind took a little bit to register Rosie's words. "I'm... ok" She said in-between breaths. Even though she's been a runner for a while talking while running never became easier for her. "I should... be asking you that." Sage remarked keeping her eyes on the maze ahead.

Steven Grant.Marc Spector.Khonshu.

*Lovel*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

02 - Anna

Postby _Ambereyes_ » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:22 am

. 𝐀 𝐧 𝐧 𝐚

Tags: brooks, isabell
Mentions: -

“Thank you, Mr Nathaniel - lovely to see you as well.” She smiled at the cook. The smell from the pan was making her mouth water. Then, the Box rang - causing Anna to jump out of her skin, “Is that alarm ever going to not get me?” She exhaled a breath as she got up from the stool. But Nathaniel started to dish up the food, she saw something. Nate, he was almost zoning out. Anna then saw Bree reach out her hand onto his. Maybe it was from the box? The girl did recall him being a bit shaken up when he first arrived? If so, Anna hadn’t taken note of it. She did know that some of the Gladers had suffered with some trauma from it, but she didn’t know Nathaniel had, possibly, as well. But Anna knew the worst thing to do was point it out, so she nodded at Bree, grabbed the plate of freshly-made food and mouthed a thank you in his direction. Now, the Box. She had to focus on the Greenie.

Anna started a half jog, half walk toward the box - trying not to drop the plate. She heard Brooks shouting, as well as his comment, just as he came into view.
“Coming! I’m coming.” She slowed down as she got closer to the Box, not wanting to startle the Greenie. The Greenie was a girl, petite but pretty. She did seem a bit anxious, but that was understandable - given the circumstance they were in.“Hey there, we’re gonna get you out - we’ve just got to get this open, okay?.” She gave a warm smile, remembering all-too-well the feeling once coming out of that deep, black hole, and having about one hundred faces staring at you. The girl placed the plates on the grass, beside the concrete floor, and walked to the other side. “Did I seriously hear you say ‘hang on tight’ to her?” She let out a chuckle in his direction as she picked up the other side of the Box’s metal gate. “Okay, on three.” She steadied herself into the right position, “One, two, three!” She used all her strength - which was as much as she’d wished she had - to pull up the metal gate and open it until it hit the floor. Anna popped her head over the side and looked at the Greenie, still giving that warm smile, “Okay, I’m going to get my super strong friend over here,” she pointed at Brooks, “to help pull you out, okay?” She looked back at the boy, “You’re okay with doing that, right? I just thought, since I have, like noodle arms - you’d be better for it.” Anna gave a slight chuckle, which was odd since she just basically insulted herself.
Last edited by _Ambereyes_ on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image

_Ambereyes_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

b [004]

Postby senna_ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:50 am

────── 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 x───────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    he/himtrackhoelocation: boxmentions: tagstags: isa, anna
    Brooks was relatively an easy-going person, but at this moment, he could feel his patience growing thin by the milisecond. Perhaps he was feeling a bit more on edge than usual because of the rather insulting conversation he had quickly exchanged with Freyja, or maybe it was because he could see the poor girl, yet had little power to do anything about it. Whatever the case may be, he began fidgeting, his hands reaching for the loose shirt across his torso. He squeezed the fabric, mouth growing dry as his dark eyes flitted from the fields of the Glade to the girl practically right beneath him.

He felt another wave of guilt wash over him as she fumbled to speak. "Someone'll come," he said, determination lingering weakly in his tone. Truthfully, Brooks wasn't too sure if he was speaking more for her sake, or his own. "You'll be out in a moment." He dropped to his knees, fingers creeping towards the bolt that sealed the large doors of the Box shut. Even though he knew he couldn't open it on his own, Brooks was too impatient to wait any moment longer. Gritting his teeth, he yanked at the door, only to go tumbling backward. Damn.

He was ever-so relieved when he heard a familiar voice hollering to his right. Anna, he knew it without having to turn around. "Ah-ha!" he exclaimed, his eyes shooting open, peering down at the girl yet again. "Anna to the rescue." Brooks scrambled to his feet at that, flinging himself around so that his gaze could settle on the Med-Jack, who was rushing over in a timely manner.

"I don't need your commentary, Anna," he shot back, but his smile spoke louder than his narrowed brows and accusing tone. "Thank God you came. It's almost as like nobody else in this entire Glade heard the alarm. Crazy, isn't it? Clearly, we just have incredible hearing." He knew the Glade's population had been cut down immensely after the odd illness broke out a few months ago, the one that ended up taking Alby's life, but they still had people. Lolly-gagging around was sometimes tolerated, but even Brooks wasn't thrilled that many of the Gladers chose that in this moment. At least Anna was around. Brooks truthfully was expecting Bree to have run over (she was usually there before himself), but he was contented to see this friend instead. Her lightheartedness could do them some good.

Leaning down, Brooks grabbed hold of one of the doors again. He wasn't nearly as strong as, say, the Builders, but he had enough muscle to open it with ease. Once it clanked against the pavement, he was crouching down once again. "Super strong," he echoed. "I'm so honoured, Anna!" He glanced at his friend and blew her a sarcastically teasing kiss, then shot his hand out, focusing his attention on the evidently frightened newcomer. "Take my hand," he told her, his tone lighter, softer. "Let's get you out of there. Are you hurt? Anna here can help if you are. But we need to get you out of this box first."
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

r [004]

Postby senna_ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:15 am

────── 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄 x───────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    she/herrunnerlocation: mazementions: tagstags: clara, sage
    Even though she tried, Rosie couldn't resist the tiniest of lopsided smiles at Sage's comment towards Clara. It wasn't pointed towards either of them, certainly just to herself. The three of them all had both similar and very different character traits. They were all more on the quiet side of things, and all very dedicated to their job, but they also had different ways of handling it. Sage was certainly more firm than Rosie was, and she felt Clara found a comfortable spot in the middle of them. Nonetheless, Rosie thought they worked well together. She knew Minho did, too, even if he'd never dare to even think it around them.

Her eyes continued to shift between Sage and the dark corridor as they carried onward, leaning back to set a controlled speed, which was in between a casual jog and a light run. She didn't like wasting her energy right away. They took water breaks, of course, and while Rosie had decent stamina, she certainly wasn't the best at keeping a steady pace and a healthy breathing routine all in one. Talking didn't help either, but she found she did it anyway.

"Okay is a good start," she mumbled, worried for a split second that between their shallow breathing and echoey outcome of the Maze, her words wouldn't be heard. "I'm okay, too." That downwards smile returned once more as she glanced at Sage, then shut her mouth so that she could keep her energy levels a bit more balanced until they were further in the Maze.

While she wouldn't consider it mind-blowing, it always comforted her in an odd sort of way, whenever the Runners ended up falling into step. They synced up, their gaits even, difficult to break apart. "How do you guys want to do this today?" she asked the two of them, her tone slightly breathy from their run. "Split up, or stay together for the first bit?"

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:10 am

Isabell
Tags: Brooks, Anna Location:Box

Isa could tell the boy was slightly nervous, if not agitated. Which in turn trickled into her emotions.
"Out in a moment." his words seem to echo off her mind. Out of... this.. box.. thing. And into what?
"T-thank you." a slight question puncuating the very end of the phrase, primarily due to her confusion at the whole situation.
She tilted her head at the sight of him failing to open the door, followed by him falling back. "You okay?" she asked quietly, hoping he didn't take it as any sort of sarcasm, Isa could in no way blame him, after all, those things looked heavy.

Something about the girl's appearance set Isa slightly more at ease; a slight smile tugged at her lips at hearing their banter. Alright Isa, They're friendly. They. are. friendly. They're going to help you. Not hurt you. They're going to tell you what's going on. She forced herself not to jump at the clang of the door as it hit the pavement, emotions betrayed by only a second of rapid blinking.
Taking a deep breath to get her nerves gathered together, she glanced up at Brooks' face and then at his hand-probably for a second too long-before grabbing it.

"Hurt? No. At least not that I can tell.. I have a slight headache but I assume that's because of whatever knocked me out before?"
She bit her lip, "But... I-I can't remember anything. Is that normal? Did others experience that? It'll come back, yes?"
How many other people were there? Both him and the girl seemed somewhat accustomed to greeting newcomers like herself.
Isa hadn't yet made a scan of the area around her, which was probably a positive that would only last several more moments. She already had a hundred questions swimming around her brain, the ivy-covered walls would only add a hundred more.
There was something about both the teens that struck her as trustworthy, people who she would become friends with. For the twentieth time the question rang in her head. Are there more?
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

b [005]

Postby senna_ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:33 am

────── 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 x────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    he/himtrackhoelocation: boxmentions: --> tags: isa, anna
    Unfortunately, things were moving in such a blur (despite not really making much progress, in reality) that Brooks was unable to catch the Greenie's concerned comment regarding his tumble. In truth, his thoughts were buzzing about so quickly that Brooks didn't even have time to feel pain, if there was any. It was a quick stumble, nothing dramatic; getting caught in the heart of a bramble bush resulted in some of the most excruciating pain he had ever felt. It was rather ridiculous, admitting it out loud, but the thorns had dug into his sensitive skin every time he even just breathed. A small stumble was nothing, especially compared to that.

She was evidently hesitant to latch onto his stretched-out hand. He wasn't going to snap, though. Not only was that not his style, but Brooks felt as though he was traumatized, or something along those lines, from his Greenie days. It had been Gally who had helped him out. Brooks had always been intimidated by the Keeper of the Builders, and he suspected it was likely because on the day he arrived, he had been snapped at and pushed around so much that Brooks dreamt of returning back to where he had come from: the Box. The Glade was a safe environment, though, and he wanted ─ needed ─ this girl to know that. He had been around for a long enough time to realize that Greenies who went with the flow had an easier time settling in than those who purposely fought back. There was no point in fighting. It wouldn't change anything, as much as he wished it would.

Finally, the stranger grabbed his hand, and he helped hoist her up onto the main ground. "Don't panic," Brooks told her, gently placing his hands on his shoulders so that he could get a better look at her ─ and to stop her from bolting, if she so decided to do that. "The fogginess, the headache, all that jazz? Super normal. Welcome to the Glade, Greenie. That's what you'll hear from most of us until you remember your name. That comes with time, too. Some people get it right away. Me? It took me almost a week. Now, your memories..." He tilted his head slightly and glanced over at Anna, almost in a silent plea, begging her to jump in. "...Most of them will come back. Try not to think about that too much right now, though. It'll make your headache worse, I'm sure of it. Are you hungry? Sore? You should probably get some water ─ who knows how long you've been in there for. Do you know your name?" he pressed, looping right back around to one of the earlier topics. That was typical of Brooks: he was known for his ability to jump from topic to topic and back from one to another, over and over again. "Oh, yeah! That's Anna, and I'm Brooks. I figured that might be a bit helpful."
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me