A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

Postby Stealthlock » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:13 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Zagreus, Kris, Eleven, Kanohi, Patches

Mu stumble-rolled hesitantly forward with cords outstretched when Eleven plonked against the ceiling, then splatted back to the floor.

Human anatomy was still tricky, so maybe it was too soon to worry?
He observed Zagreus’ reaction to measure the proportion of urgency for this type of damage. A visual check, an exchange. Other people were even....what was it again, the amused thing...laughing!
No red blood, either. Mu knew that was a good thing. Aaaaagh, he wanted to learn human anatomy so badly....maybe he’d pick up a biology book on the way out of here.

Everyone was asking good questions, measuring their options, testing their boundaries—even becoming confrontational. Mu hadn’t considered breaking out. He wasn’t sure it was time to try that. The last time he had been taken against his will, it led to first contact with a friendly, if imperfect, race.

However, the purposes of this place seemed just a tad more sinister than NASA’s had been.

He had been given a good brief history lesson of the planet he was visiting, and, rightfully, they seemed to frown on forced labor.

Slavery.

And now a child had injured himself on Patches’ watch. Suddenly, this didn’t feel right. This didn’t seem like the quick in-and-out favor he had hoped for. Only one way to find out.

Still glancing at the children who were here, the injured one and the one with hidden eyes, Mu rolled directly to the front desk and placed both hands on it, looking directly at Patches. Inside the helmet, he stared with one great eye toward him, and antennae floating forward.

“Thank you! I. Decline. 😒

I am. Not. .....Qualified. 😑
Beside. I. Have. Urgent. Business.

Library won’t let leave? 😐
......That. Is. ....”
He couldn’t find the exact right word.
“...Illegal. 🤔
Hope. You. Find. Other. Help! 🙂
Please. Show. Exit.

I will. Take.
Children. With me. Immediately. Also.” 😠

His otherwise detached and robotic tone became just the slightest hint more intense and firm at the mention of the children.
~Jesus loves you btw :D~
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:33 am

Kris|Deltarune|Male|Tags: Mu, Eleven, Patches
Hearing the robot speaking to Patches, Kris turned away from Eleven. "Will you let us go home?" Kris paused. "Im sure you can find others....And we all have a family to go back to...Or at least I do......" Kris glanced back at the group, not wanting to seem selfish.

"We....can work here for a bit if that helps? Im fine with it. Not sure about you guys. But I would like to get back to my mom....and brother as soon as I can."
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Egg With Legs » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Patches - Tagged: Everyone

"Well, funny story behind the name. You see-"

Whatever Patches was about to say was interrupted as the Lost Luminary hurled himself into the air, slamming into the still dark ceiling before falling to the ground. As soon as he hit the ground, Patches burst out into a fit of cackling laughter, hunching over as he clutched his stomach. Eventually he recovered, wiping a tear from his eye as he stood back up.

"Ah, that was a good laugh. Now, what was I saying?" He asked, bringing a hand to his chin, before snapping his finger as the Veteran Gremlin. "Ah, right, what you're here for. Well, as you can all probably guess, this ain't exactly your usual library. All kinds of nasty beasts crawling around, making a mess of things. And it'll be your jobs to seem them put back in their cages. Or books, as it were."

As the Disillusioned God hefted his spear, Patches gave a clap and a laugh as he looked at him. "Fantastic, at least one of you got the idea! Fortunately for you lot who are less martially inclined," he said, as he walked back towards his desk, grabbing both his spear and a rather large tower shield from behind it, "good ol' Trusty Patches will be here to make sure you don't blunder your way into some beast's lair. As for rewards...eh, the rotten beasts ought to have some sorta trinkets on 'em."

After gathering his tools, Patches began to set off down one of the many hallways leading out from this room, motioning the Assistants to follow. However, he did stop at the exit into one of said halls, one leading up a staircase, to turn his head toward the Humanity Obsessed. "Sorry mate, like I said before. No way out unless the Library decides it wants you out. Believe me, Lords know I've tried. Best not waste yer," he said, taking a moment to search for the words as he stared at Mu, his face scrunching up, "head over it. Unless you happen to feel like blundering about and become some beasts meal."

However, as the Reserved Child spoke up, Patches head hung a bit low, visibly sighing before looking back to Kris. "Tell you what. How about you and the...thing over there," motioning over to the Humanity Obsessed, "stay here and clean my little nook up a bit. Doubt the Library would mind too much, seeing as you don't look too good in a fight. The rest of you ought to follow me, I'll show you around the place."
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:29 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Patches, Kris

Mu rolled backwards slowly, halting next to Kris as he watched Patches begin to leave. Some body language is universal. The alien went limp inside his helmet, almost lost-looking.

“Child?
Did. I. Hear. Right?
We. Can’t. Get. Out?
Can’t. Go. Home?” 😧

His voice retained the same businesslike cadence. It sounded like a simple inquiry, “Would you like fries with that”. But it really wasn’t.

He finally turned inside the helmet, disciplining himself to gaze frontwards to make dual eye contact with Kris, despite finding no eyes to contact.

“What. Do. Your. Mothers. Do. When.
Trapped?” 🙁

Mothers. He had forgotten the word for “parents”.
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:14 pm

Kris|Deltarune|Male|Tags: Mu, Patches
"Guess it just me and you now....Huh? Oh. Well, my mom usually freaks out. My dad, well, he doesn't live with us. My mom, her name's Toriel." Kris started to pick up some books. "And my brother, Asriel, he went off to school. I-----I have a friend, her name's Susie. We like to go to this place, it's called the Dark World. I have a couple of friends there....there's one named Ralsei, he-" Kris stopped himself. "Oops, I probably talked too much. Um, would you like to tell me about your family? Do you have any? A place where you live?" I sure miss Ralsei...if only he was here. Ralsei always has an answer for something... Kris looked down at the floor. A tear slipped from his eye. He wiped it away. Ralsei would want him to be strong.
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Kanohi||Female||Elf||Tagged: Everyone, Vivec
    "Cleaning up Corp messes," Kanohi muttered, trudging after Patches. "And my pay is a bunch of bones and drek. Story of my life." Normally she’d take exception to this arrangement, but this was one of the deals she couldn't exactly back out of. Luckily she didn't have to pay rent on the houseboat, but this probably meant another few weeks of cheap takeout. Hopefully they'd at least feed them some real food before they left. She doubted there'd be any paydata in a place like this, even if she could connect to the matrix. Which, if the red bars flashing in the corner of her vision were anything to go by, wasn't likely. Off the grid, and not even getting paid for it. Wonderful.

Resigning herself to sliding another few rungs down on the poverty ladder, Kanohi fell back alongside her fellow elf, the one with the long hook. Man, he was shiny. Must've had some serious Nuyen to get chromed-out like that. "So, not to rag on you or anything," she said, "but don't you think you're kinda overdoing it? I mean, you do you, I'm not some kinda cyberware snob, but half-gold skin doesn't seem like something that's super useful to have. You some kinda pop star or something?"
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Kris

The child named a lot of family. A lot of people who would miss him. He seemed too young to live away from parents or guardians. And....oh.....awwww. Aww, that was a tear. Tiffany explained to Mu about people crying in distress, with water coming out of their eyes. He followed the procedure she’d awkwardly gone over with him.

He shakily knelt down to meet Kris at eye level, fumbling to get his balance. When he was confident, he did the easy thing—hugging Kris close.

“It’s. Alright. It will. All. Be.
....Okay.” 🥺

He pulled back a little, still fixing both eyes carefully forward.

“First. Son. Will. Hatch. Soon.
I will. Be.
....Parent.” 🥰

It became clearer now that the little emoji display on his chest was changing to indicate his emotions.
He signed slowly with one hand as he spoke.

“Will tell. Tiffany Clayman. Then. Will go. Home. To.
....Je E’lan.
......Mother-wife-Queen.” 😍

His fins fluttered and spun around under his body like a propeller as he was overcome with wistful memories of Je E’lan. He always found safety, love, and wisdom with her—and even acceptance when he chose to contact humanity. He knew his Biib would be well off with her. But, to not be there to raise him—and with no warning at all....

This child and he were both in an awful predicament. He seemed to wilt inside the helmet.
He signed limply.

😞
“What. Your. Name?” 😌
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:18 am

Kris|Deltarune|Male|Tags: Mu
Kris was surprised when the robot hugged him. "Thanks...." Kris hugged him back. "Oh, you're going to be a parent? It must be hard for you to be gone from your family. "My name is Kris. What's yours?" Seeing the creature droop inside the helmet, Kris patted his metal arm. "Me and you can look for a way out, then we can get the others out. But It seems we might have to....Explore first. Patches said we have to round up creatures? Well, I don't know what they look like...And I suppose you don't either?"
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wormgod » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:16 am

Vivec | Disillusioned god | Tagged: Patches, Kanohi, anyone else who wants it

As expected, Vivec was right. The repairs needed were violent in nature, and apparently they were allowed to keep the leftovers as payment. He wasn’t hurting for money—being a god has its perks, such as many lifetimes worth of gold—but as he couldn’t reach his bank vault from this Interplanar prison, this would work. Vivec wondered what the so-called pests would be. The group was made of beings from many different planes so the pests likely follow the same pattern. If that was the case, there was no point in speculation as Vehk only knew of his Aurbis. He could not possibly imagine what other Aurbises could contain.

Patches lead the group down a hallway, Vehk following at a slight distance in case of a fight. The other elf fell in line with him, and then asked a question Vehk had rarely ever gotten before: why he looked the way he did. Well, she didn’t quite say that. It was more of a convoluted ramble about fashion with many terms he had never heard before—clearly slang from her Aurbis—but the message was clear. She thought this was cosmetic and was judging him on it. It was almost funny. Occasionally children asked him about his skin, in that innocent and ever curious nature of theirs. Sometimes outlanders dared to, in a more judgmental way, as she did. Those were rare as they were wise enough to fear his wrath.

But this time, removed from the understanding of the Aldmer tribes and Vivec’s nature, she judged him purely on appearance, and it brought a lot of old hurt to the surface. Vivec’s childhood was horrific and even though he removed it from history his memories remained and it haunts him to this day. But he was not the Thief for nothing: his domain encapsulates all forms of trickery, including acting. He would act his way through the pain.

So he chuckled and looked down at her, as his incredulous, “This is not ‘cyberware’, as you say. I represent the dual nature of my people. The golden skin is our past as the Chimer and the blue of our future as Dunmer.” He explained, then paused, “I am unsure what a ‘pop star’ is, so I cannot answer that question yet. If you do not mind, can you explain it to me?”
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Kris

“No. No idea. What creatures look. Like. 🤔
Interested. To. Discover!” 😮
He signed and spoke with randomly speeding and slowing speech, as he remembered the words he needed. There wasn’t much to it, really—even in this unfamiliar and seemingly inescapable place, Mu always found new things and new creatures exciting. Maybe he could help this child not be afraid, as well.

“Kris.....?” 👁
A tone of genuine endearment and softness diluted his synthetic voice.
“Lovely. Name. Easy. Sweet. 😍
Name. My child. Kris. Maybe!” 😊

Many, many humans’ names were long and complicated. Kris’ name was cozy and monosyllabic, like a name from home.
The words suddenly flowed more easily—like practiced phrases.

“My name is Mu. I’m a Katalan. It’s a pleasure to meet you!” 😃
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me