✪ we will remain. | multi-fandom superhuman rp. [v.2]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Valkyrie.02

Postby silverlock » Sun May 05, 2019 9:40 am

╔═══════════╗
Valkyrie Cain ¦ 15
╚═══════════╝

Desolated streets weren't a novelty to Valkyrie. She's been in the Faceless ones' realm already, after all. The only sign of civilization there was the half-destroyed town of what seemed to be a once thriving society. But the street she was observing was nothing like that - everything was still intact, apartment buildings were undamaged, there even was a small, unassuming shop with a sign that read 'OPEN' on its door just near the corner despite the fact that the supposed rush hour was not observable at all. It's like all the people who once inhabited the area have suddenly up and left. That was not how the Faceless ones 'do their thing' so the possibility of their presence was excluded. Utter destruction and chaos followed wherever there were all-powerful, bloodthirsty creatures.
Valkyrie started walking down the street slowly, in direction of the shop. Her gaze was scanning her surroundings, vigilant for any movement. But there wasn't. Her only company appeared to be the buildings around her, devoid of any inhabitants. There didn't even seem to be any street animals either, which is an especially unusual phenomenon in urban areas. As much as the girl didn't like to admit it, that place was triggering a faint, but persistent feeling of anxiety in the back of her head. The young sorcerer has been on her own once already and the experience wasn't pleasant - nor for her, neither for her partner Skulduggery Pleasant himself so she couldn't help getting at least a little nervous. Even the prospect of some ragged, crazed lunatic attacking her seemed like a good possibility, just so she'd know that there was some form of sentient life in the vicinity. And she could take him, after all.
After wandering around the street and inspecting the buildings towering above her from the outside Val decided to give the shop a chance. She could see her own faint reflection in its window, as if they were approaching each other in synchronicity. That reminded the girl of her 'original' reflection, the one that she used to conjure nearly every day. She'd come out of the reflective surface and act as her replacement - she'd go to school, spend time with her parents and then transfer all her memories of the day to Valkyrie before returning into the mirror. Now the reflection in the window was transparent, like a ghost. Fitting for the ghost town her owner had found herself in. The teen observed the 'OPEN' sign for a moment before entering the door and carefully letting herself in.
The many shelves and tables, each one the resting place for all kinds of books, revealed the place to be a book store. It was a good start - maybe there would be guides and pamphlets for the city that could provide basic information. The girl took a few careful steps deeper into the store, inspecting the books placed around. There was fiction, poetry, self-improvement and so on but nothing of value was present. Valkyrie scoffed. She had to know something, anything about the city, at least. So she got down to work and started rummaging around the numerous shelves and tables, toppling over a few large tomes that fell down with loud 'thumps'. But she didn't care. She had to find information about the city. And there didn't seem to be a single soul around so why bother about some noise?
silverlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✪ we will remain. | multi-fandom superhuman rp. [v.2]

Postby Rusty20 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Meda Stone: Tags: Valkyrie Cain

Meda had recently woken up from a particularly deep bout of meditation and found herself in a crumbling building within a city and world she didn't know. She wasn't extremely suprised though she'd read about deep meditation carrying you to different dimensions, The more pressing questions were why and where she was everything happened for a reason and as a Medicine Woman/Shaman she knew this all too well and had long since come to accept fate at face value. She could feel her heavy book of Alchemy in the bag slung on her back she knew a lot of the simpler mixtures by heart but it was still reassuring to have it with her. Then she started to look around while talking to herself a trait some considered crazy, But she was smart enough to know it really was only thinking out loud, "Now where could I find a...... Sssssuccesssss!"Hissed Meda as she found a old broom handle. "This will do nicely, Now to find a cauldron and other living creaturessssss." Hissed Meda.

She slithered through the crumbling city feeling and hearing nothing, But the vibrations of rocks falling off the slowly collapsing buildings, "What a desssssolate and dark place, This place feelsssssssss sssssssssso off......." Hissed Meda as she slithered along the road.

Then all the sudden she felt stronger vibrations from a nearby store and immediately went to investigate, Entering she could see as well as feel the heat from another. Instinctively her long forked tongue flicks out to test the air as it's sense of smell is much stronger than her human nose. Human female pheromones with traces of dark magic.......... She immediately spotted and then approach the young woman a teenager if she didn't miss her guess her eyes immediately drawn to her ring sensing it's immense power and then she spoke, "Hello Sssssssssssweetie I am Meda Sssssssssstone, Naga Sssssssssshaman, Medicine Woman, And Alchemissssssssst. I sssssssssssee you have a ring of necromancy, That is powerful and dangerous magic. You must be very responssssssssssssible for your age to not be dead yet while wielding a weapon of that power, I highly resssssssssspect that in one of your age young one..........." Hissed Meda.

Xeria Dream: Tags: Dug and Rin Okumura

Xeria followed Dug for quite awhile until she finally smelled and heard someone. They didn't smell quite human definitely male and there seemed to be a touch of brimstone to his scent as well.

Upon getting close she saw him he was a young human looking man about her age. "Hello I'm Xeria Dream and I'm not a squirrel, But with this tail of mine I can see the resemblance. I came from a different planet I'm what humans call a Alien." She said smiling brightly and showing her sharp carnivore teeth inadvertently in the process as her tail wagged quickly bringing up a small dust cloud behind her. "And no we're not Demons, But by your tail and the touch of Brimstone in your scent I'd guess you are......" Said Xeria.

R.O.S.A.L.I.

R: Robotic O: Organized S: Sentient A: Artificial L: Learning I: Intelligence: Tags: Emerald Sustrai

Waiting on ShadowOfTheBird.
Formerly Kimbly Please do not steal.
Rusty20

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Valkyrie.03/XXXX

Postby silverlock » Mon May 06, 2019 10:46 pm

╔═══════════╗
Valkyrie Cain ¦ 15
╚═══════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Who knew a trip to the bookstore could be that tiring? Certainly not Valkyrie. For what could have been half an hour she checked aisle after aisle, shelf after shelf, title after title until her hands started feeling just a tad bit tingly. And despite her efforts there didn't seem to be even a single pamphlet around that could lead her to some kind of clue regarding this city. After going around through every aisle at least twice, the girl slumped against the wall, still clutching a large tome of what seemed to be an extensive fantasy trilogy. She smirked slightly - that could make a beginner's potential blunt weapon. She stood against the cold wall for a minute so that her state of mind could return to normal. You know, without the anxiety. Then she used it to propel herself forward and head for the shelf she'd taken the book from.

And then she froze in her tracks, hand still reaching out for the shelf. Her perception registered the next moment as if reality went into slow motion. Someone or something slid through the store's door, smoothly and almost without a sound, in the corner of her eye. The sorceress instinctively assumed a defensive stance, tome still in her hand. But what she saw nearly threw her off guard - whatever creature stood in front of her was none that she's ever seen in her life. She, Valkyrie assumed, looked like an impossible hybrid between human and serpent, of which the latter was predominant. Green and black scales along with a yellow underbelly that extended into a long tail were the most prominent feats her vision registered. Her humanoid look included arms, long black hair and symmetrical facial features. The snake lady was wearing a tube top, black skirt and some sort of amulet around her neck. She had a bag and was holding a broom for unknown reasons. And then she spoke. Valkyrie unintentionally raised her brows in surprise - Meda Stone, as she'd introduced herself, figured out that the girl had concentrated her Necromancy power in her ring, without even having its capabilities demonstrated. That was unnerving - obviously, the odd stranger knew her way around magic. Valkyrie squinted her eyes "You figured the basics out real quick. Fitting for a shaman, I must say. " she said smoothly. No point in probing the serpentine's skills out for now. "I've seen the end times several times already. And prevented them. I suppose that makes me responsible." the girl shrugged - dealing with deranged maniacs and fighting monsters had become a part of her day-to-day life. "Thanks for the compliment and introducing yourself without attacking me, surprisingly." she declared, never leaving her defensive stance. Valkyrie had just the faintest suspicion that Meda wasn't a resident citizen, which would make them two if she was right. So she went straight to the point "Are you from around here?"
    Meda, if her words were authentic, had an array of useful skillls connected with alchemy and medicine. That would make for a great acquaintance to have. After all, Valkyrie had the habit of getting nearly fatal injuries and without the genius doctor Kenspeckle Grouse around to patch her up it'd be a wise decision to have another doctor on her side. She'd better get over herself and make an ally.
Last edited by silverlock on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rusty20 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:20 am

Meda Stone: Tags: Valkyrie Cain

Meda watched her every move as she spoke and then replied. "No I am not from here. I may ussssssssssually prefer sssssssssolitude, But thissssssssssss place even unnervessssssss me. I originally though I ended up in another dimension through deep meditation, But now I'm not ssssssssssssso ssssssssssure. It feels like sssssssomeone is playing with usssssssssss..........." Hissed Meda. Then she opened her mouth and unfolded her giant fangs that were dripping green venom then quickly refolding. "But anssssssssssssswering your earlier question being deadly poisssssssssssssssssonusssssssssssssss I do not have much to fear and I do not enjoy conflict.............."

"I sssssssssssee your confussssssssed about what I am well. Naga'ssssssssssssssss usssssssssssssssssed to live on Earth long ago, I ssssssssssuggesssssssssssssst that you read into your world'ssssssssssssssss mythsssssssssss sssssssssome of them are real. And the broom is only a temporary sssssssssstiring ssssssssstick, If I can get a pot I can do sssssssssome Alchemy........." Hissed Meda

Xeria Dream: Tags: Dug and Rin Okumura

Xeria followed Dug for quite awhile until she finally smelled and heard someone. They didn't smell quite human definitely male and there seemed to be a touch of brimstone to his scent as well.

Upon getting close she saw him he was a young human looking man about her age. "Hello I'm Xeria Dream and I'm not a squirrel, But with this tail of mine I can see the resemblance. I came from a different planet I'm what humans call a Alien." She said smiling brightly and showing her sharp carnivore teeth inadvertently in the process as her tail wagged quickly bringing up a small dust cloud behind her. "And no we're not Demons, But by your tail and the touch of Brimstone in your scent I'd guess you are......" Said Xeria.

R.O.S.A.L.I.

R: Robotic O: Organized S: Sentient A: Artificial L: Learning I: Intelligence: Tags: Emerald Sustrai

Waiting on ShadowOfTheBird.
Formerly Kimbly Please do not steal.
Rusty20

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// . zombie boy: fourteen . //

Postby sun » Wed May 08, 2019 9:36 am

x
    ` the red hood, jason todd ´

in uniformx|x22x|xtagged:xbruce wayne, hit, lucifer morningstar

xxxxxxA sharp inhale escapes through the filters of the headgear as the Hood leads on like some substandard version of Pied Piper. Never had he ever asked for such menial task yet here he was. Folks back at home would laugh at his face for weeks. The longer this boy kept talking the less sense he was making, and the closer he was driving Jason to a headache. “Y’know, you do sound like a typical Gothamite with that vivid imagination of yours – deranged and out of touch with reality. Putting senseless words in my mouth to carry through whatever fantasy you’ve picked to pursue,” the remnants of his tantrum still waltz over his tongue, coating it with viper’s venom like a freshly sharpened dagger, his characteristic sass converted to pure insults, “You should tell this Alfred person to cut off the sugar from your daily diet. And also perhaps loosen the leash a little - let you out for at least ten minutes a day. Brats these days are far too hooked on their social medias anyway.” Perhaps there was more sense involved than he initially suspected. This Indian Hill the kid kept bringing up… could it be a cover-up term for some gun smuggling project that was successful? Or maybe they’d been forging dollars in their dusty little cellars, and bam - billionaires? The kid was talking as if it was a big deal, something every unfortunate soul should be fully aware of. Though bragger and god complex were fairly common themes with these mafia types no matter the reputation or the achievements. It was tiring to say the least.

xxxxxxSuddenly something grabs his shoulder tightly, insidiously, and for a moment his mind goes blank. Dark. Threatened. On the very next moment every single nerve of his body catches fire. Only a split-second later his hand has been reunited with an already stained switchblade that quickly and without any hesitation is slashed towards who- or whatever it was that had touched him. “Are you out of your mind?” he snarls as his grip on the blade tightens, his breathing heavy, staring at what turned out to be that persistent fool still hot on their trail. It slowly occurs to him that it could’ve been the boy instead, and at this, he briefly feels his heart sinking. However, if they truly originated from Gotham then they should know better than to lay their hands upon him. The constant questions and odd assumptions, and being completely unaware of the concept of secret identities strongly suggested otherwise. But since it wasn’t the boy, any signs of mercy were cast away. “What? You’d rather have him walk alone, then? ‘cause there’s no way I’m letting him walk with you,” Jason hisses back, his arms somewhat trembling from the physical contact which to him had been a declaration of war, eyeing his opponent through the helmet with furious eyes, “You’ve truly got some nerve, suggesting you’re the superior choice here. Judging from what I’ve heard so far from these non-humans I’ve come across, I bet you don’t even know Gotham by name. To put it simple enough to get through that thick skull of yours, if he goes with you he’s never getting home.” Jason turns his head to the boy, scoffing ahead of time, “Unless of course you’d rather end up dead somewhere, forgotten. Yeah. Sad. I know. Electronics don’t work so no search party is gonna find you here.”

x
    x
sun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Valkyrie.04/XXXX

Postby silverlock » Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 am

╔═══════════╗
Valkyrie Cain ¦ 15
╚═══════════╝

Not a single muscle in the girl's body loosened for even a second. Her senses were all on edge - listening to every word, observing every move. She made a mental note of Meda's fangs before they retracted back into her upper jaw - large, pointy and loaded with venom. As deadly as they get. Nobody would want to get on the wrong side of whoever they belonged to. Valkyrie stood perfectly still for a few moments so she could assimilate the situation she'd found herself in.

She had seen dozens of monsters and almost all of them only wished for her complete and utter annihilation upon first setting sight on her. Meda appeared to be anything but such a bloodthirsty beast - instead of starting a massive fight she stopped to have a civil chat, giving out key information about herself. Unexpectedly non-hostile of her, surely. Besides, she was indeed the only other living creature around in what could be miles of an urban maze-like system of twists and turns. Having backup in case anything unexpected happens would be a wise move, considering the teen's own habit of attracting danger. So she didn't have much of a choice other than to find some common ground with the snake lady.

For starters, she relaxed her own stance slightly, lowering her fists and shoulders and taking a moment to assimilate everything Meda said. So she started out with what they both had in common. "I'd love to have a nice chit-chat with you about your species and practices but I've got a teeny-tiny problem here." she said in a friendly tone, slightly waving around the large book in her hand. "I fell asleep at home and then woke up in an alleyway around the corner. As you might guess, that's more than a little concerning. It sure isn't nice to be transported away from your bed and onto some shady street, don't you think?" the girl said, trying to bridge the gap between two very different creatures who shared the same issue.

She looked at the tome's cover for no particular reason other than to calm her nerves a little. The frustration that had been building up inside of her ever since the initial shock of finding herself on the street faded away was starting to show. She pinched the space between her brows and closed her eyes, trying to come up with a loose plan. With her striking amount of time spent around a colorful diversity of lowlife criminals she had basic motivations of forming an alliance cemented in her mind. First thing's first - the common goal.
    Neither she, nor Meda could just go sightseeing in a mysterious, lifeless city and call it a day. They needed a place to stay and provisions. "I don't know about you but I say we should get some food and water first and then find a place to stay at." That shouldn't pose much of a challenge, she presumed - if every shop in the area was open just like the bookstore the two of them didn't even need to break into then that counted as a convenient start. "We can find a, uh... a substitute for a cauldron along the way. I'm sure pots can be found in abundance on the market here." Yup. Nailed it.
    All the time spent talking and not doing anything was making the sorceress restless. The sooner she and Meda got down to business, the better. But before they'd done that, she did what she should have right from the start, as with any normal, civil chat. "The name's Valkyrie Cain, by the way."
Last edited by silverlock on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✪ Hit: return threat | seven

Postby Kveykva » Thu May 16, 2019 7:18 pm

──── Hit
    】| 1000+ | Male | DBS | Tags: Lucifer, Bruce, Jason
    𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎
Though the assassin expected this Hood character to continue his resistance, he held onto a sliver of hope that the other would have the sense to see his point. All the hope was in vain it seemed, as the Red Hood lashed out towards Hit, his words laced with venom. The inhuman wasn't fazed, catching the sharp of his opponent's switchblade between two fingers. "Clearly I'm the only one in my mind." He plucked it from his hand with little effort, leaving him disarmed. Hit flicked the switchblade aside and returned his hand to its pocket; his other had yet to leave its sheath. "Drop your pride; this isn't about a superior choice." Hit was normally very patient, but in all the centuries he'd lived, this was definitely a first. At least the two tournaments he'd participated in had some prior warnings, even if it was only a few days in advance. Red Hood was only wearing the assassin's patience thin. "I want out of here just as much as the rest of you, but that won't matter if we die first. Look around you. Anything could be lurking here in the dark waiting for another victim. The first step to escape is survival, and there's strength in numbers." Sensing his point wasn't getting across, the padding of Hit's patience finally gave way. He grabbed the Hood by the front of his collar and hoisted him off the ground with one hand, holding him so their eyes met evenly, or as evenly as Hit could determine from behind the mask. Even if the difference in height was slight, he intended for the action to intimidate, given the show of strength. "I don't care who you were before you came here. You're stuck here with the rest of us and I don't trust you or this place to keep that boy safe. I can sense your energy and it's pathetic." The martial artist dropped Hood back to the ground, pivoting on one foot to put some distance between himself and the other before he did anything more reckless. "My offer still stands." Even if the Red Hood's stubbornness drove him up the wall now, he'd yet to give Hit any reason why he shouldn't deserve an equal shot at survival. But if he did accept the offer and continued to cause problems, he wouldn't hesitate to kill Hood himself.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Superwholock21 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 am

-Feel kinda bad for getting busy and forgetting this existed. Oops!

Rin Okumura//Blue Exorcist (Anime)//16//Tagged: Xeria Dream & Dug
"Woah, an alien?" Rin perked up, grinning excitedly. "That's so cool! What planet are you from? What's it like?" He completely breezed over her pointing out his demon heritage as the dog spoke up. "So you can speak! That's so cool! Are you, like, magic or something?"

Carson Joseph Queen//Arrowverse AU//Apollo (In uniform/Unmasked)//17//Tagged: Kei, Hal, Asha
As the tension in the room slowly dissipated, Carson released the tension on his bow and eventually felt relaxed enough to actually replace the arrow in his quiver, though he still held onto his bow. When Kei introduced him, he waved to the others, grateful that he hadn't had to introduce himself and thus rely on Kei to try and translate. He didn't mind being introduced by his real name; at this point, aliases seemed pointless. Hence why he had introduced himself as Carson rather than Apollo to Kei.
Image My last brain cell as I try not to fail college
"Don't believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate." Renee Jain
Superwholock21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

three ♜ ♜ murdering promises that i just cant keep

Postby atychiphobia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:17 pm

R A P H A E L x P E E T E R S x O B I T U S
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    tags watchdog man location some doomed park
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
      The click of Obitus’s boots was dulled to nothing but a thud on the dried earth that separated him and that empty, lonely road. Once again, he was denied access to the ugly path of cement by this annoying, little, psychiatric case. Humans definitely were stupid, but this guy, he was on a whole other level. With every step Obitus took, the rhythm of his not so elegant dancing boots became quicker and shorter, and with it so did his patience. This guy, this dog, actually just told him to play with a frisbee? He, Obitus, replace his paper dolls with a frisbee. It would be incredibly easy to harm others with a frisbee, a lot easier than a cigarette would allow. Ironic right? The option was not safer for others, no, it was a lot more dangerous. That cigarette, his cigarette, was the only thing keeping him sane in this world. Well, as sane as you can get with someone the likes of him.

It became impossible for Obitus to contain his outburst of frustrations that were churning inside when the other guy opened his mouth yet again. “This place? This place?!” His voice was rising, if he had blood to run through him it surely would’ve boiled. “I can’t believe I’m being accused of flipping this place into a ghost town by some guy pretending to be a dog.” Obitus spun on his heels yet again and with such suddenness that he would’ve almost been impressed with himself had he not been absorbed in rage. “I don’t know what’s so precious about your run-down city here, so special that a cigarette being enjoyed in such a mess of a park is too harmful and destructive. Look at this place! No more harm could be done to this wretched, run-down city even if someone tried.” He stepped aggressively towards the male, never pausing long enough to let the other figure speak, pausing was unnecessary for he didn’t really require breath. I didn’t do this! Hands down to the guy who did, obviously everyone here have-" Obitus’s trail of thought broke, it snapped and exploded into thousands of fragmented pieces. -a few sheep loose in the top paddock.

With that line that never quite reached his lips came a drop of a memory, and slowly the drop turned to a patter of rain, then a heavy downpour, a flood. No matter how hard he tried, Obitus couldn’t keep his head above the water, he couldn’t shut off the recollection that was creeping back and back to him.

A smirk responded to with a smile. Joey bursted into hysterical laughter and their mothers smile changed its focus. “Joey, what have you been up to?” He laughed only harder at his mothers question, and faced Raphael with twinkling eyes. “Raphael?” She asked, “What have you two done?” she was not annoyed, nor upset or agitated, she was bemused with her boys’. Before Raphael could answer, Florence came shooting through the dining room door, followed by their father. Florence giggled and bounced around the room with such energy that only a young, young, girl like her could contain. Laps and laps of the kitchen table left her not much more than a streak through the air, and it was this distorted image of her that created the illusion of a patch of hair missing in the middle of her blonde locks. When Florence finally stopped running laps, it was revealed that this illusion was actually a reality. Joey and Raph burst into laughter, tears escaped Joeys eyes; she was missing a circle of hair from the top of her head that was found taped to her face and coloured irregularly with a black marker. Before a word could escape either parent, Florence pitched loudly between giggles, “look im like – im like dad now!” She put her hands on her hips, tucked her chin to her chest and made some indistinguishable grumbling noises before bursting into giggles. It was this laughter of all three of the children that forgave Joeys and Raph's handy-work. Florence stood behind her father and inaccurately copied his every movement. “She’s got a few sheep loose in the top paddock, this one.” He chuckled before turning around and scooping her up, interrupting the performance much to her dismay. Florence mimicked him imprecisely, in a grumbly, deep voice, “got some sheep lost from the paddock.”

It lasted mere seconds, a flash in his mind, but the rampage such a moment brought could last for days if the optimum conditions for growth were presented. It was with no more than three hostile, brooding, steps that Obitus approached the other male. He picked him up by his 'scruff' before the situation could be assessed, his voice almost a growl "You. Oh you. You've made a dire, dire mistake." Without a conscious thought Obitus sent the other through the air, and started storming in his direction.
atychiphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Valkyrie.03

Postby silverlock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:01 pm

╔═══════════╗
Valkyrie Cain ¦ 15
╚═══════════╝

xxxxxx Much to Valkyrie's disappointment and the dismay of her hands, there didn't seem to be a single piece of information on the ghost city she'd found herself in. She kept searching - checking titles, turning pages, vigorously analysing text after text - until her fingers stiffened after countless repetitions of the same motions. So she set down yet another magazine on tourism in general on the counter, letting out an annoyed sigh. The girl lifted her gaze to look out the bookstore's window, just in case, before taking a seat in the dusty chair behind her.
    xxxxxx Things weren't looking good. Under normal circumstances, say when she's partnering with her crime-solving skeleton buddy, Skulduggery would have already caught up on the detective game two steps ahead of her. Valkyrie's mouth pouted with just a slight twitch - she was never the one to stop and thoroughly inspect a crime scene when she could be wrecking bad guys left and right instead. The sorceress let out a hmph in agreement but quickly dropped her self-approving attitude. While she was ready for action, Skulduggery would gather all the key information needed to be gathered just by observing his surroundings. He was always the more seasoned detective out of the two of them. But, Valkyrie guessed, that was part of the 400-years-old sorcerer experience.
    xxxxxx The girl took her phone out of her pocket to check on her situation again. Just in case she'd found a spot with good signal. But she had not - still no service. Valkyrie was not pleased one bit but at least she could use it as a timer before its battery had ran out which got her thinking about the supplies she'd need out there on the streets. Bottled water, food, medical supplies, portable batteries - she couldn't rely on immediate resources since everybody supposed to take care of all that had inexplicably vanished off the face of the earth.

xxxxxx With a swift rise to her feet and one last look at the numerous books she'd scattered all over the tables, Valkyrie was out of the bookstore. Her broad yet measured steps made little to no sound as the buildings around her gradually slithered out of her sight only to be replaced with other ones, as if identical to each other. The atmosphere was heavy with emptiness, ridden with the dirty industrial look once supported by the local economy. The air was surprisingly fresh for such an area though - figures, as the city's last rush hour had seemingly passed a while ago. All of this only managed to unnerve Valkyrie in a strange, unnatural way she couldn't quite put her finger on so she just forced her train of thought to stop in its tracks as she focused on the way ahead of her, trying not to give in to the trace of anxiety in the back of her mind.
    xxxxxx After about an hour and a half of roaming the streets and fruitlessly scanning the area for any convenience stores, the girl decided to take a short break. Right there, in the middle of the street against an old car lopsidedly parked on the sidewalk's border. Valkyrie sloppily seated herself, back against the machine's bumper, taking a moment to gather her thoughts once again since she left that bookstore. The streets' layout kept changing as she went along, indicating that stores ought to be located nearby. A quick sigh of relief left her lips - that was one positive thing among a myriad of negatives, at the very least. She could relax for a moment.

xxxxxx Until she heard the steps.
    xxxxxx Slight and rhythmic yet disruptive of the dead silence in the way an avalanche makes its presence known - only moments of that rumble below your feet before it hits you with full force. The girl was instantenuously overwhelmed by a rush of adrenaline as she took cover behind the car, squeezed between its back door and the wall of a not-so-sturdy building. Her heart was threatening to burst out of her chest but she managed to concentrate on the repetitive sounds. She couldn't tell who they could possibly belong to but they were definitely coming from the other side of the street. And the street wasn't particularly spacious in and of itself - whoever was coming would absolutely be able to detect her in her miserable hiding spot. And she had no time to search for better cover.
    xxxxxx "Damn it!" she thought, her entire body tensing up on instinct. She had to evaluate her situation quickly - either that was an ill-intented individual who'd be head-over-hills in love with the idea of tearing her up limb by limb or simply a harmless, perhaps frightened person who could be of use in this urban wasteland. Valkyrie wasn't one to give potential psychos and evil masterminds a chance of self-defence but if she wanted to have potential backup in this unnervingly lifeless excuse of a city she'd have to take the risk. The sorceress gave her black ring a slight tug, pushing it securely up her finger - since the grownups were the ones with guns and cold weapons, all she had was her own sorcery, her necromantic abilities specifically stored in that small piece of jewelry. Whatever happened, she must keep it on at all times.
    xxxxxx A few tense moments passed before Valkyrie gingerly rose to her feet, hands raised so she could show that she, supposedly, was not a threat. It was an immense relief to see who was walking down the opposite sidewalk, just in front of her. It was a young girl who seemed to be about her age, wearing a packed backpack and, strangely, gloves. The girl cleared her throat as to shake off any excess adrenaline before speaking out in a calm tone. "Before you freak out and run away in the opposite direction, I'll debunk your hot take - I am not going to hurt you." she said, slightly raising her hands higher. "For all I know, it would be a really braindead move to harm the only other human being in the area."
    xxxxxx With that she dropped her arms back to their naturally relaxed position. All she had left to do was prepare for two unfavorable but entirely possible outcomes - either her peer would freak out and run away in the opposite direction or she'd reveal an arsenal of savage weaponry in that overstuffed backpack of hers and butcher her up. Or she could just do the simple, smart thing and have a civilised discussion with her. The sorceress concentrated on the moment, readying herself for whatever came next - it wasn't as if she ended up in this city unprepared.
Last edited by silverlock on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me