Witches, Wands, and Wizards - [Closed]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - A Harry Potter Roleplay [O

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 am

|Sydney Sinclair|Transfer Student|Fourth Year|Tags: Jayden|

"I-I am new, actually," Sydney confirmed, adjusting her rectangular glasses. "Well, n-not as in first-year new, seeing as I'm a fourth year, so..." she took a moment to compose herself before continuing. "I just transferred from Ilvermorny, o-over in America." Her deep brown eyes flickered to Tigsy, mentally remarking on the beauty of his black-and-white coat. Cicero still seemed uncertain, however; he was still a bit ruffled.
Sydney desperately hoped she didn't come off as strange due to her stutter and the lingering ghost of her American accent. She actually wanted to make friends this year, regardless of the social anxiety that had kept her from doing so in years previous. She internally cringed when a sudden thought struck her. "I-I'm sorry, I completely forgot to introduce myself," she blurted. "I'm S-Sydney, Sydney Sinclair."

|Killian Errested|Slytherin|Sixth Year|Tags: Aurora, Minty|

"Of course," Killian replied with a grin. He reckoned he should probably let Amelia out of the cat carrier now that he was situated; the Siamese's tail was lashing and she was making a low, unhappy nose that was reminiscent of the way Professor Byrne scraped her talons of nails across the chalkboard periodically to get the class' attention. With a comically dramatic sigh, he unzipped the entrance. Amelia shot across the train compartment like a perfectly executed spell, slowing to rest on the seat across from Killian. Her eyes bored into his like daggers before she pointedly tossed her head and began kneading the cushioned seat. Killian snorted contemptuously, though not without a hint of affection. Minty's wave from the hall caught his attention at that moment. He smiled back at her as he sauntered over to the open compartment doors. "There's room for you in here if you want to join Aurora and I," he offered kindly.

|Jacqueline "Jackie" Carrow|Hufflepuff|Seventh Year|Tags: Dreena, Alexis|

"Ah, that makes sense," Jackie remarked, nodding with interest. She reached a lace-gloved hand to brush away the feathery black bangs that had begun to fall into her face. Shelby gave an indignant low caw, apparently miffed at not being introduced. "Oh, this is my raven, Shelby," Jackie announced before turning to look at Shelby. "Shelby, can you say hello?"
The little raven peered up at her human with pale beady eyes. Hello, she repeated. Hello.
Jackie smiled, tossing the bird a treat from one of her numerous pockets before turning back to Alexis. "I'm trying to teach her English," she explained. "Ravens are quite intelligent creatures, and are capable of human speech. So far, Shelby can just parrot back stuff I say to her, but we're getting there, I think." Shelby cawed and bobbed her head up and down, earning a chuckle from Jackie.
"Totally changing to subject, but what year are you?" She figured that they were close in age, though sometimes she found that people were younger than they looked.

Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L U C I F E R » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:27 am

Jayden Stark//4th Year//15//Tigsy//Ravenclaw//single//Tags: Sydney Sinclair

Jayden smiled as she explains. "Explains why I didn't recognise you." He grinned and let Tigsy jump into his lap where he curled up. "I'm Jayden, Jayden Stark and I'm in the same year as you." He said with a happy smile.
"Why'd you move over to good ol' rainy England?" He asked, studying her face and noting her interest in Tigsy. He smiled slightly. He loved talking about his pet and Tigsy was particularly interesting to discuss. He stretched and checked the small amount of change hed stuffed into his pocket upon leaving home late last night so he could afford a little food for the trip. Most of his money was stashed within his clothes in his trunk just in case.
His case! In sudden realisation, He hastily hoisted his heavy but small case into the kve r head area. He had loads but a simple charm and it was like a bottomless pit.
L U C I F E R

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:30 am

"Nice to meet you," Sydney said cordially. When posed with the question of moving to England, she subconsciously fidgeted with her wand in her pocket. "I-I grew up here," she replied. "Well, s-sort of. My family moved to America when I was seven years old; f-for my father's work. He was going to establish a new branch of business -" she broke off upon realising that she'd inadvertently told Jayden that her parents were No-Majs - Muggles, I think they're called here? Disregarding the awkward break, she continued. "Anyways, I lived there for a-approximately six or seven years and attended Ilvermorny. W-When business was stable enough, which happened just this past summer, we moved back here." She left out the fact that her family still owned a house in America; frankly their wealthy status was something she didn't like to talk about.

"Of course," Killian replied with a grin. He reckoned he should probably let Amelia out of the cat carrier now that he was situated; the Siamese's tail was lashing and she was making a low, unhappy nose that was reminiscent of the way Professor Byrne scraped her talons of nails across the chalkboard periodically to get the class' attention. With a comically dramatic sigh, he unzipped the entrance. Amelia shot across the train compartment like a perfectly executed spell, slowing to rest on the seat across from Killian. Her eyes bored into his like daggers before she pointedly tossed her head and began kneading the cushioned seat. Killian snorted contemptuously, though not without a hint of affection. Minty's wave from the hall caught his attention at that moment. He smiled back at her as he sauntered over to the open compartment doors. "There's room for you in here if you want to join Aurora and I," he offered kindly.

"Ah, that makes sense," Jackie remarked, nodding with interest. She reached a lace-gloved hand to brush away the feathery black bangs that had begun to fall into her face. Shelby gave an indignant low caw, apparently miffed at not being introduced. "Oh, this is my raven, Shelby," Jackie announced before turning to look at Shelby. "Shelby, can you say hello?"
The little raven peered up at her human with pale beady eyes. Hello, she repeated. Hello.
Jackie smiled, tossing the bird a treat from one of her numerous pockets before turning back to Alexis. "I'm trying to teach her English," she explained. "Ravens are quite intelligent creatures, and are capable of human speech. So far, Shelby can just parrot back stuff I say to her, but we're getting there, I think." Shelby cawed and bobbed her head up and down, earning a chuckle from Jackie.
"Totally changing to subject, but what year are you?" She figured that they were close in age, though sometimes she found that people were younger than they looked.

Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adallina » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:56 am

center]| Dreena O' Flynn ∞ Gryffindor ∞ Seventh Year ∞ Bisexual ∞ Tags: Alexis |[/center]

Her gaze caught by something on the platform, Dreena tuned out the conversation for a moment as she tried to discern what it was that had caught her eye. An avid people-watcher, Dreena sometimes worried that people thought she was constantly checking out everyone around her, as she would often do double-takes and do the full up-down scan of anyone she encountered. Eventually, she let such insignificant worries go-- those people could have whatever thoughts they wanted and she couldn't do a thing about it. Except maybe explain that, as an artist and fashion designer in training, she was simply looking at their wardrobe or haircut or physical stance. She couldn't seem to help having an avid curiosity about people, they were simply fascinating.

There it was, someone was moving away from the platform through the crowd. It wasn't unusual to see parents there to wave to their offspring (although, never hers), but this cloaked figure's swift pace away from the platform-- no, now they were subtly veering back towards the train-- was somehow off putting. Dreena couldn't put her finger on it exactly. Perhaps it was the enormous suitcase that he carefully trailed behind him, full of holes at the top. Seeing the cage/suitcase hybrid, Dreena realized that she was probably being overly judgemental of the cloaked figure. He was most likely carting owl cages in his suitcase to be put into the owlery.

Turning back to her fellow passengers, she quirked an eyebrow at the raven as it squawked out a "hello". It was possibly the best thing she had seen all day. Dreena loved animals of all kinds, although magical ones held a greater mystery. She began to sketch Shelby with a dark, charcoal pencil.
Hey, I'm Lina c: I love fictional writing and reading as well as art of course!
Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde

Image Image
Adallina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - A Harry Potter Rolplay [Op

Postby moondust405 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:30 am

moondust405 wrote:
Felicity Helens/F/Hufflepuff/Year 4/Tags; Emilia,

Felicity reached out her own hand to shake Emilia's, Mocha having jumped onto the seat, smiling slightly. "You have a pretty name. Perhaps we will hear each other in some of our classes." Glancing down at the purring cat, the Hufflepuff asked, "May I know your cat's name? My pet is a Pygmy owl by the name of Mocha."

(Just bumping this up just in case >.<)
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaperRose » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:40 am

lexis assey ealt
xx
xxLocation;Train
xxTagged;Dreena,
xxJacqueline
xxMood;Anxious
      Alexis smiled at the raven when it said hello. She had known that ravens were smart, but she didn't realize you could teach them to speak. It made Alexis wonder how far their conversation skills could go. Could they hold legitimate conversation or just speak a few phrases. Having Jacqueline explain it more didn't help her figure it out, but she wasn't worried about it. She could always ask her about it later. It did help her figure out how much Shelby could do. Which was more than any bird she knew. Though the last bird she knew was her Aunt Victoria's, who was a blue parakeet that died at least 5 years ago.

Alexis wasn't surprised by the question Jacqueline asked. It would be another common question for her this week, along with "Where are you from", though that might be given away by her accent which she was still trying to figure out if she had or not.
      She definitely talked differently from the people around her, but she couldn't discern if it was American. Paying close attention to how she talked she said,
      "I'm a sixth year." Looking at the girls she was guessing they were about her age, but Alexis did tend to look on the younger side of her age. Something she detested because her younger sister looked older than her. Though she hoped it would be nice for her when she was older and she would look younger than she really was. "What year are you guys?" Alexis asked
PaperRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 am

"Nice to meet you," Sydney said cordially. When posed with the question of moving to England, she subconsciously fidgeted with her wand in her pocket. "I-I grew up here," she replied. "Well, s-sort of. My family moved to America when I was seven years old; f-for my father's work. He was going to establish a new branch of business -" she broke off upon realising that she'd inadvertently told Jayden that her parents were No-Majs - Muggles, I think they're called here? Disregarding the awkward break, she continued. "Anyways, I lived there for a-approximately six or seven years and attended Ilvermorny. W-When business was stable enough, which happened just this past summer, we moved back here." She left out the fact that her family still owned a house in America; frankly their wealthy status was something she didn't like to talk about.

"I'm a seventh year," Jackie replied. "It's my last year at Hogwarts." Her naturally low voice held a mixture of excitement and sadness in its tone. She turned to the Gryffindor girl, noting that she was busy sketching something. "You're a seventh year as well, aren't you, um - " she cut herself off, wracking her brain once more for her name. "I'm sorry, but I seem to have completely forgotten your name," she explained. "Don't take it personally, I'm just terrible with names."

(On mobile; sorry if posts are short)
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HardcoreAarmau » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Derpythechicken wrote:Lena • Tags: Charles
She grinned happily. "Are you excited o get back o school? What year are you in? I'm in my fourth year. What house are you in? Are you nice? Do you have many friends?" She blushed as she said the last question.
HardcoreAarmau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonstone514 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:49 am

Name: Amelia Scamander
House: Hufflepuff
Pet: Lizard
Wand: Larch wood with a Dragon heartstring core 12 ½" and Slightly Yielding flexibility ( Pottermore)
Patronus: Osprey
Appearance: Brunette long wavy hair with a tiny bit of ginger and blond
Beautiful and healty
Blueish greyish eyes
some freckles
Pale skin, Always has her bag with her
A big friendly smile that has a bit of mystery behind it. Lovely personality.LOVES ALL!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
'Im late for class....' Her sweet voice said. When she arrived in Prof. Longbottom's class she sat down. 'So sorry sir! I was helping a slytherin when by accident he pured wax all down my uniform. Some girls wisper, they were ravenclaws. You sure it was an accident ? One of them said after class. 'well I know people think there mean but they are quite sweet. * One of the girls spits out her water* Thats a lie! Last night Jeremy wanted me to help him study and he never turned up! ' Maybe he was delayed?' Amelia said happily. As if Slytherins have anything to do * Said a griifindor that just walked in* ' Im going back to my door guys , bye!' Amelia said as she went into the common room.
ImageImage
ImageImage
So I'm a massive Dan and Phil Phan and if you are too then why not pm me?
moonstone514

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:05 am

(Please post all forms on the discussion thread. Also, what year is Amelia? I need to know that before she can be accepted c: )
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me