A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: A Library For Your Misery (Multifandom RP Open (7/8))

Postby Egg With Legs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:36 pm

Patches - Tagged: Everyone

The curious looking man briefly turns his head to the Disillusioned God, mouth open to respond, before his attention is quickly grabbed by the Humanity Obsessed and, after briefly lingering on the Rebellious Prince talking to air, to the Veteran Gremlin's rather violent response. Quickly, the curious looking man got to his feet, smile looking a tad shaky as he raised his hands in a placating gesture.

"Oh, there's no need for that! We're all friends here, no need to start killing each other. Besides, if I were controlling...," he says, squinting briefly at the Obsessed with a rather confused gape, before jabbing a finger at it and turning back to the Gremlin, smile swiftly returning, "I certainly wouldn't have him sittin' around here!"

Capping off with a short laugh, the curious man stood up, clapping his hands as he stood up. "So, I imagine you're all rather confused by all this. So, in the interest of saving all our time, lets go over a few basics."

Marking off each point with a held finger, he continued. "One, for whatever reason it may have, this here Library has decided to bring you lot into its walls to assist in its repairs. Two, the Library won't let anyone leave till its satisfied with the repairs provided to it. And third, I'm here to make sure you lot don't start making things worse," A brief twinge of annoyance flashing on his face before being quickly replaced by his usual cheery disposition.

"Oh, and call me Patches. Now, any questions?"
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:47 am

Kris|Patches|

"Why do they call you Patches?" Kris looked around, not really expecting an answer. "Where are we anyway? And why would things get worse?" Kris had a bad feeling about this place, not being able to remember, and "Patches" keeping everyone in place. Kris didnt know what was going on, but he thought that it was best if he didn't ask too many questions. Better not to draw unwanted attention. He knew how to defend himself, but maybe it would be better to make an ally...or 2.
But first, get to know them. See if they're friendly?
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stealthlock » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Mu / Spo’ary (male) / Katalan / Form / Tags: Patches, Kris, Kanohi

The weird robot pointed with one hand at the child with the green shirt, and with the cords, signed along with his speech.

“I agree. With child. Child’s questions. 🙁
Also. I am. Not. Pet? Not. Controlled?” 🤨

Here his gestures were more vague and confused.

“I. Control. Prototype Mobility Mech! I. Will test. With Tiffany Clayman! 🤖
Need to. Return. Urgently. VERY Urgently. Will repair. Quickly!” 😳

Mu’s wheels rolled a little forward. He WOBBLED, just the slightest bit, but then regained his balance. Inside his helmet, his tiny floating body spun around slowly, drinking in the alien geometry of bookshelves fading further into the background—a library with a horizon.

“Building. Huge!” 🤩 He mused.
“Please. Show. Where. Repairs. Needed. Will start. Quickly!” 🙂
Last edited by Stealthlock on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Jesus loves you btw :D~
Stealthlock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the lost luminary ( 002 )

Postby Ploegy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:30 am

Eleven!!
      xxxmale sixteen years old dragon quest xi tagged: everyone
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It was no surprise that hardly anyone paid much attention to him beyond the few glances he received. Admittedly, he was the most ordinary looking of the bunch or so that was how he saw it. Nothing about him stood out too much, except the symbol on the back of his hand, but one would have to be paying close attention to even spot that. At times, he thought of hiding it since it was a dead giveaway of who he was, but he had no shame in the role he had been born into. Brushing that thought aside, Eleven allowed himself to focus on what was being said. Many of the others had already spoken up, making him wonder if he should speak as well. It seemed redundant at this point given he had similar questions to those that had already been raised. At least that hinted that he wasn't the only one that was unsure of his current situation though it seemed odd that all these strangers, except the one behind the desk, would be in the same ordeal as himself.

Hearing Patches finally speak, Eleven quirked a brow before lifting a hand up to his chin and cupping it as he began to ponder the things he had been told. First of all, he finally picked up on the role he supposedly was taking on in this place; an assistant librarian. He couldn't recall ever taking on a position and if he had, then he was sure that his companions would have done the same since they had sworn to protect him. Allowing his gaze to flicker about one last time, he confirmed that Erik, Serena and Veronica were no where to be seen. Had they been kidnapped or was it the other way around? The more he pressed his mind for answers, the more confused he became. The sad reality was he had no answers to his own questions. Frowning, Eleven averted his attention back towards Patches to listen to what he was saying. Doing so helped very little.

There wasn't much to break down, but all of it was odd. This whole thing didn't seem like something the Luminary needed to get caught up in. While he was supposed to be helping people, it was clear that he hadn't chosen to take on this job, but rather the library had chosen him and the others that surrounded him. He was skeptical of them, but he wasn't one to quickly judge. As long as they didn't try killing him or drag him back to Heliodor, he saw no reason not to cooperate with them for the time being. Still, there were many strange ones among them; one of which seemed to talk a lot.

Briefly directing his attention towards Mu, Eleven narrowed his eyes slightly, finding it hard to get past his monster-like appearance. He looked exactly like something that would try killing him back home, which made it difficult to blindly trust him, but that was something to keep to himself. So far the alien seemed to show no signs of attacking him or any of the others present. That was a good thing.

Snapping from his small tangent, the Luminary's attention once again shifted to Patches, taking in the rest of what he had said. The second point made him curious to say the least. The library wouldn't let them leave? How could it control such a thing? It was possible that all exits could be blocked, but did that apply to magic as well? Perhaps it wasn't smart to test such a thing, especially since he had only recently learned a teleportation spell from Veronica, but he needed to know the limits of this place, and whether or not he could truly escape back to his companions. If it made him look like an idiot so be it. He'd need to move away from the group first to ensure he didn't pick anyone else up in his spell.

That was exactly what he did. Moving a few feet away from the others, Eleven held his hands out to his sides, facing downwards, which caused an updraft to form on the ground around him. He wasn't sure what to expect to come, but he was sure that there was no reason for it to fail unless the library truly did block teleportation magic. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he gave a small tap of his foot, which in turn finished casting zoom. It was only a split second before he was launched upwards and much to his own dismay, he felt himself collide with the ceiling above. If the headache before hadn't been painful enough, then it was now.

Dropping back to the floor, Eleven quickly moved a hand to his temples and groaned softly to himself. "Okay, no magic then," he muttered to himself. He was sure he'd be scolded for his actions, but that was the least of his worries. The Luminary had little care of such things in the moment. Escape was his top priority, but it seemed he'd have to play by whatever rules this place had set.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:28 am

Kanohi||Female||Elf||Tagged: Everyone, Eleven
    Kanohi couldn't suppress a laugh as the samurai kid launched himself into the ceiling. She wasn't sure what he thought that would accomplish, but it definitely lightened the mood. She still wasn't sure the water spirit was totally above board, but it didn't look like it was going to rampage any time soon. Whoever this Clayman chick was must've been one hell of a shaman. "So, we're stuck in here until this place gets what it wants from us," she summed up, looking back over to Patches. Not a bad runner name that, although he definitely didn't look the bit. "What else is new. What exactly do you mean by repair? Not sure if you've noticed, but I'm not exactly a contractor." Seriously, what good was she supposed to be in fixing a physical library. She could probably code some IC if she needed to, but you couldn't hack into paper databases. If this place was magic, then she assumed it knew what it was doing, but still. Looking around, she didn't see anyone else who looked like they had a head for construction either, they all looked combat-ready. Really she wanted to walk out and get back to more profitable jobs, but there didn't seem to be an exit available to her, and if the kid's stunt was anything to go by they weren't getting out magically. Not that she had any magic.

"Guessing it's your first time getting knocked out and press-ganged, kid?" She asked, looking over to the street samurai. "Pro tip, they usually don't let you leave until they get you to do what they want. Usually get paid pretty well, though, so there's that." Turning back to Patches, she raised an eyebrow. "We are getting paid, right?" She asked. "I don't come cheap, especially for people dressed like you."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:34 am

Kris|tags: Mu, Kanohi|
As the robot creature agreed with Kris, He started to talk in choppy sentences. "Hey...my name's Kris. What's yours?" The robot seemed friendly and ready to help. Kris thought that making friends with him seemed like a good start. After all, his plan was to get some allies, right? One of the girls mentioned something about getting paid. "Maybe it's a volunteer kind of place? I mean, I have no memory of anything before this, so I suppose it is a volunteer job."
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

zagreus [2]

Postby guar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:38 am

𝚉𝙰𝙶𝚁𝙴𝚄𝚂
    ❛❛xxwell, time to go get killed again.xx❜❜
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────
    hadesxx·xx malexx·xx cthnonic god xx·xx tagged; all / eleven
    A lot of what was said by Patches did manage to rub Zagreus the wrong way. First of all was the fact that this was another job being thrust upon him which Zagreus, quite frankly, had no interest in doing. He was sure his father would be incredibly amused if he learned that his son's disappearance was because he was hired to fix some dusty old library that Zagreus was almost certain didn’t even belong to the underworld’s realm. That raised the question of where exactly the library was located but he was sure he would learn that in due time. Maybe. Hopefully. Then came the statement of the library not letting the lot of them leave until it was satisfied with repairs. What was that supposed to mean? Was the library somehow a sentient being that was powerful enough to control who entered and left it - well, if it apparently decided to bring the lot of them in he supposed that made it pretty obvious that the building possessed some form of sentience. Finally, Patches mentioned his own reason for being there, essentially landing him the job of a supervisor; a soft snicker escaped the prince when he heard that. The library may very well be sentient but it would have to be pretty stupid if it selected people it expected would act up and make things worse. Zagreus was sure that he would be testing just what boundaries he could push when it came to misbehaviour.

So they were to be assisting in the library? Well, he supposed that helped the title of being library assistants make sense. Still, though, repairs? Zagreus was hardly the most fitting candidate when it came to repairing things, take one look at him and his day-to-day life and that fact would quickly become clear, what with his wanton ransacking of his fathers domain, he broke things, he didn’t fix things. Aside from his parents’ marriage. He decided to remain silent during the explanation from Patches and the time that followed it despite being prompted for questions; everyone seemed just about as confused as he was, after all, so he was sure their questions would all be relatively similar. Lo and behold, he was correct. One of the younger looking people there brought up fair questions, as did the oddly armoured woman: where were they, why would things get worse, what was meant by repairs. All certainly pretty good questions so Zagreus saw no reason for him to chip into the conversation, more than happy to wait it out for those questions to be answered. He wouldn’t be idly standing about while waiting, though he wasn’t nearly as eager as the weird fish in the metal suit - it called the suit something specific but Zagreus hadn’t been paying nearly as much attention as he should have.

The fire-stepping prince probably would have gone off to explore the library a bit, or at least the surrounding area to see if there were any notable landmarks or even more preferable would be some sign of an exit somewhere but instead his attention was snatched by another of the younger looking ones of the mismatched group breaking away from the conversation. Now what was he planning? Narrowing his eyes and scrutinising the other when he looked to the ground with the air around him very clearly being disturbed by that - could mortals manipulate the elements like that? Zagreus would have questioned him but before he knew it the boy was flung up into the air and into the ceiling only to come falling back down again. Eyes blown wide with concern, Zagreus walked over to the grounded boy, doing his absolute best to stifle the laughter that was threatening to escape him since he didn’t want to offend him. “I could tell you that much, mate.” Zagreus said in response to the comment on magic and, despite his best efforts, some soft laughter did manage to leave him when he spoke. He moved to offer his hand to help the other up, a warm smile on his face as he tilted his head down at him. “You alright? That looked like a nasty fall you had there.”

There wasn’t any contact outside of the library either, from as far as he could tell. This didn’t feel like the Underworld, he was sure enough of that, and yet there were no contact attempts from the gods - that being said he didn’t suppose they would even know his whereabouts and he had a sneaking suspicion that this wasn’t the overworld either since if it was he was certain that the gods would have noticed him by now. That and the fact that he wasn’t dead yet and it had been more than long enough for him to be claimed by the river Styx. For now, though, he decided to push that to the back of his mind and to avoid lingering on it, there were other things to prioritise at the moment, after all, such as making sure that the younger lad in the tunic was actually okay after hitting the ceiling and the subsequent fall from said ceiling.
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wormgod » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:29 am

Vivec | Disillusioned god | Tagged: Everyone

The man with a spear looked around the group as many others joined Vivec in demanding answers for their sudden abduction. He soon introduced himself as “Patches”, a librarian and presumably the one in charge of them as they work to ‘repair’ the Library.

Vehk thought this over. Sentient landscapes were nothing new to him. Heck, he himself was one, when his divinity and the faith of the Velothi people allowed him to exist as Vivec City, for a time. That time had passed, but the experience allowed him a certain understanding. For example: what type of repair a sentient landscape may need.

Vehk looked over the group, pausing briefly on the child who just attempted a Recall or Intervention-type spell to escape—that looked painful, but thankfully the kid wasn’t bleeding— the scarred elf who seemed eager to fight her way out, and the animunculi that was apparently sentient as well—Sotha Sil would be ecstatic at that if he was still alive. Again, Vivec’s heart ached—and came to the conclusion that these ‘repairs’ required violence. Why else would the Library pull warriors to its aid? Why else was Patches armed? Violence as a form of self-improvement was also familiar to Vivec. That was the backbone of the Velothi religion. Luckily, Vivec could still fight and survive in his weakened condition. He would make it out of this alive. He had faced so much worse in his old lives. Vehk could only hope the others would survive, too.

“Yes, I have one.” Vehk replied to Patches, holding MUATRA loose, “What do we need to repair first? Or rather, what do we need to destroy?”
Wormgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the lost luminary ( 003 )

Postby Ploegy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Eleven!!
      xxxmale sixteen years old dragon quest xi tagged: everyone
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

The reactions to his stunt were to be expected. Eleven figured that the others would remark on his attempted escape. The woman who spoke to him first made him furrow his brows in confusion. He wasn't sure what she was referring to by "press-ganged" nor did he have any intentions of asking. Brushing off he advice she decided to give, his attention moved to the man that had approached him. When he had initially joined the group that had awaken, this one had been up yet. Now that he could get a good look at him, he noted a few strange things about the other. For starters, his skin seemed to be a strange tone; although not the strangest thing. The next thing was his feet. While fire magic was common in Erdrea, he had never once seen a human with their feet ablaze, but then again, he had lived a rather sheltered life in Cobblestone. Besides, these two things, the only other thing that stood out to the Luminary was the others odd clothing. He hadn't seen nor heard of such a style back home. Still, it wasn't as weird as some of the others that were among this group.

With those thoughts aside, Eleven focused on what the other said to him. It seemed he had overheard his mutters and responded. How could he know that magic wasn't going to work without trying it first? The question seemed redundant now thus he decided not to ask. Frowning slightly as the laughter hit his ears, the teen cast his gaze downward, knowing he had made a fool of himself in front of all the others. While he had thought it wouldn't bother him much, he was having second thoughts now. However, what came next was what he did not expect.

Hearing Zagreus' question caught him off guard and made him cock his head slightly in confusion. Despite laughing at him, he was worried if he was alright? It wasn't all that strange of a notion, but Eleven didn't expect such things from strangers. Giving a small nod of his head, the teen moved his hand away from his temples to check for any blood on it. Luckily, there was none. "I should be fine," he said softly, before taking the other male's hand. It was clear from how he spoke that he wasn't the most talkative of people. "It's not the worst pain I've felt, but thanks for asking."

While he was still early on in his adventuring, Eleven had face plenty of monsters that had put him in far more pain than the ceiling had done. There were a few that came to mind; like the dragon that chased him and Erik under the castle in Heliodor or Jarvis and his shadow companions that had been trying to steal the Red Orb. Thinking of such enemies made him wonder if things like that would be lurking in the library as well. Would fighting be necessary to repair a library though? He wanted to doubt it, but given the appearances of the others around him, he had his doubts. That only brought back the uneasy feeling he had had before his attempted escaped.

Averting his attention away from Zagreus for a moment, his gaze settled upon Vehk. His words seemed to convey the same thoughts that he had. It was possible that repairs were truly needed, but it seemed more likely that combat ready beings would be summoned to fight something. Whether they actually needed to destroy it or not was another story. "Is this really a job for the Luminary?" he mumbled to himself, still questioning whether or not this whole ordeal was something he should be dealing with.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:48 am

Kris|tags: Mu, Eleven

"I dont think thats going to work...you're just making yourself look stupid. And I think some of us would've tried to get out already, don't you think? We should just listen to this guy and bide our time. Then maybe a better option will come up. In the meantime...maybe we should be looking for a better way out than making a hole in the ceiling? And...fighting isn't always the answer. You might want to talk to some people who know more about this place than you. Because I don't know anything, and I'm pretty sure we all just learned the basics from Patches." Kris looked annoyed. Maybe bursting out wasn't the best idea, but fighting could help fight now. Or using force.
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me