The Future is Now: DC next gen (open)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: The Future is Now: DC next gen (open)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 am

Name: Erika Nygma.
Personality: Something of a wildcard, Erika can be friendly and open one moment and cold and withdrawn the next. She doesn't want to be predictable, but she does often choose what she does in order to protect herself. She doesn't particularly care for anyone else, not being close enough to care for them, and as a result, she has a wavering loyalty. If something better is offered on the other side, then Erika will not hesitate to drop you. However, she does have some integrity, and she won't rat anyone out or even talk about what the other side is planning. She also has a mischievous side, one that loves to create puzzles and riddles and use them to confuse and challenge others.
Super name: Charade.
Good or bad: Neutral.
Costume: An off-white shirt with a dark grey tie, and over this, a bold green fitted blazer that is buttoned up, and dark grey formal trousers. She also wears black, calf-height boots with a low heel, dark grey gloves, a bold green bowler hat with a black band around it, and a dark grey mask with a green question mark on it that covers most of her face apart from her mouth and chin.
Parent: Edward Nygma (The Riddler)
Powers/abilities: High intelligence, proficient in creating and solving puzzles/riddles.
History: Born outside of Gotham, Erika was never meant to find out who her father was. But when she did discover after being detained for a minor crime during what was meant to be a short trip into Gotham, she realised that it made quite a few things about her make a lot more sense. Choosing to fluctuate her loyalty between good and bad - depending on who gives her the best offer and she agrees with more - Erika has no true loyalty, and works only to protect herself.
Other:

Name: Raiden Pierce
Personality: Raiden is a fairly calm and somewhat friendly person. He tends to stand on the sidelines when it comes to conversations, preferring to just listen and observe, but he'll get right into it when it comes to enacting a plan. He has the traits of a leader - courageous, thoughtful and decisive - and prefers to not take orders from others. He can be quite wary about strangers, but does warm up to them fairly easily, if they prove to be trustworthy. Raiden is also very patient and although he's not very open about himself, he's more than willing to provide support for anyone that needs it, such as a shoulder to cry on. However, if he does decide that he does not like you, then it'll be very difficult to change his mind.
Super name: Electric Bolt.
Good or bad: Good.
Costume: Essentially the same as the Black Lightning outfit in the Netflix series.
Parent(s): Jefferson Pierce (Black Lighting)
Powers/abilities: Electricity manipulation, force-field generation and expert martial artist.
History: Raiden only recently moved to Gotham, though he doesn't intend to stay. He's more here just to visit for a couple of months. He heard the crime rate has been steadily increasing since the previous heroes had gone, so he figured he could lend a hand for a while. He grew up with full knowledge of his powers, and was taught how to control and use them effectively by his father. He's close to his sisters as well, and gets along with them.
Other:

Name: Orion Cobblepot.
Personality: Manipulative and cunning, Orion will try nearly anything to make sure a plan works out for him. He's an intelligent, incredibly good actor, which helps when luring people in or gaining their trust. With no remorse, he will backstab you if it was part of the plan. He is cold, and doesn't open up to people - he doesn't get close enough for that chance to even occur. Being emotional and forming close, genuine, relationships with anyone is, in his opinion, for the weak. Note that he holds a dignified and elegant air about him as well, and rarely loses his temper. However, if you cross him... then you'll feel the wrath of his silent anger... or just mysteriously 'disappear'.
Super name: N/A
Good or bad: Bad... but will pretend to be good at first.
Costume: A pristine white formal shirt with a loose, black bow tie. Over this, he wears a black tailcoat jacket. He also wears black formal trousers, and black formal shoes. With him, he carries a sharp-ended umbrella.
Parent(s): Oswald Cobblepot (Penguin)
Powers/abilities: High intelligence and persuasion.
History: He grew up knowing exactly who he and his family was. Though he didn't speak about it to anyone outside of his family, Orion always exhibited some sense of power. He always knew, as well, that he'd take over the family's empire, and while he doesn't have full control until he's 21, he is high profile in the villain world. He'll certainly make business agreements and relationships, but he makes it clear that he works with or above the other, and certainly not for.
Other:
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lokison » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 am

This is a HUGE WORK IN PROGRESS!!

Name ::- Novella Curry/Princess Novella of Atlantis
Nickname ::- Princess, Nove, Ella, Miss Curry
Personality ::- This princess is a lot like her father. She cares more for the animals than humans and will always protect them.
Alias ::- Nereid [Sea Nymphs from Ancient Greece]
Affliction ::- Good
Costume ::- Typical everyday Atlantean Skinsuit that consists of a one piece bright green suit with small hexagons all over it to resemble fish scales as well as transcends to the color blue under a certain light. On ceremonial occasions, she wears the typical Atlantean royal garlands
Parent(s) ::- Arthur Curry/Aquaman & Mera
Powers/Abilities ::- Atlantean Physiology, Animal Communication [All earth's animals NOT just marine], Hydrokinesis
History ::- Novella is the only child of King Arthur/Orin and Queen Mera.
Other ::- She will develop a crush on Joey Constantine. She also has a pet Atlantic Ghost Crab that she talks to called Crusty

Name ::- James Thomas Wayne
Nickname ::- Jim, Jimmy, JT, Master Jim, Master James
Personality ::-
Alias::- Batman 2.0
Affliction ::-
Costume ::-
Parent[s] ::- Bruce Wayne/Batman & Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
Powers/Abilities ::-
History ::-
Other ::- Face Claim is Matt Dallas
Last edited by lokison on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hello, I use to be 221B, marlock, jokerdoll and AwesomeMix please don't take the name! Thanks.
lokison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

(everyone is accepted and added to the list! sorry for late reply work has been a lot. we can start whenever)
Luna and Stellar

We'reAllMadHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:16 am

(Yay.)
Was DarkSwanOUATfan and TrubelGrimmfan. I saw Kung Fu Panda 4 and loved it Call me whatever Image Silver Wolf from Honkai Star Rail Pic, not mine. Miku Expo 2024 was amazing!!!
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✮ • ❝ bye bye miss american pie ❞

Postby bigwig. » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:17 am

╒══════════════╕
𝕍𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕝
╘══════════════╛

Billie Blake // female // 19 // homosexual // daughter of the Comedian
───────────────────────────────────────────

nickname(s);; Bill
alignment;; Chaotic Good (Anti-Hero)
alias;; Vigil

height;; 5'8"/173 cm
weight;; 180 lbs/82 kg
hair;; dark brown
eyes;; dark brown
skin tone;; olive
scars/markings;; n/a
faceclaim;; Nguyen Minh Tu

powers;; Combat Training - Though she's had little formal training, Billie is still a keen fighter who has learned how to hold her own in the average street brawl. She has typically fights hand-to-hand but also carries an aluminum baseball bat and two 9mm semi-auto pistols just in case things get ugly.
Physical Condition - Billie is quite athletic and has honed her physical strength, particularly her core and upper body strength, to make herself a formidable opponent in melee combat.

weaknesses;; Human Physiology - Being fully human, Billie remains vulnerable to the same dangers as an everyday citizen and suffers from similar limitations.

personality;; A cynical, sardonic, and fiercely independent young woman, Billie Blake is far from a conventional crime fighter. She doesn't like taking orders from others and may or may not just entirely refuse to do so in most situations. She is blunt, brash, and never unwilling to speak her mind, without any regard for whether or not it's tactful or even appropriate whatsoever. Along with this, she is a bit of a 'comedian' herself, with a distinctly grim and sarcastic sense of humor that is very rarely welcome and frequently made at the expense of others. Her abrasive personality tends to drive other people away, and to hear her say it, that's exactly the way she wants things. However, the hostile and often borderline nihilistic attitude she presents to the outside world is far from all there is to her. Despite acting disillusioned with the world - and certainly with the ideals of utilitarianism - there are clearly still things she considers worth fighting for, otherwise she would have already given up on the vigilante lifestyle. To her, no authority is too great to be challenged, and she thinks it genuinely for the better to question other people's motives before showing anything approaching cooperation. Though her hatred of being commanded is incredibly persistent, Billie is always willing to show some authority of her own if the situation calls for it, and is a confident leader who is always ready to spring into action and very rarely loses her head in high-pressure situations. She can even become overbearing if given even the slightest chance, but in general, the more she orders you around and fusses over you, the more she cares about you; it's one of the only ways he truly expresses concern for others. Though she has rather low self-esteem underneath everything, she is incredibly proud in contradiction with that, and you'll never catch her willingly admitting she was wrong. A highly-repressed part of her still longs for loyalty and companionship from another human, but she persistently denies any opportunity for such, having even distanced herself from her adoptive family and become a scarcely-self-sufficient runaway.

+ traits;; determined, outspoken, courageous, protective, streetwise
- traits;; stubborn, proud, blunt, belligerent, standoffish

friends;; her dog, an akita inu named Prince Hal; humans she keeps at a distance
family;; Edward Blake (biological father), Unnamed Mother (deceased), Laurie Juspeczyk (half-sister)
love interest;; none/open
✮ [size=85]other;;
hope she's ok even though watchmen isn't part of the main dcu. I'll come up with a boy later since most of my fankids are female whoops
Last edited by bigwig. on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:36 pm

(accepted! Aren't they doing a series introducing The Watchmen into the DC universe?)
Luna and Stellar

We'reAllMadHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:39 pm

(Can we start mad?)
Was DarkSwanOUATfan and TrubelGrimmfan. I saw Kung Fu Panda 4 and loved it Call me whatever Image Silver Wolf from Honkai Star Rail Pic, not mine. Miku Expo 2024 was amazing!!!
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyokoKirigiri » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:24 am

(Yeah its on HBO I think. I've watched a youtube channel called Heavyspoilers who talked about the episodes. So I'm aware of it of sorts I don't have the time to watch it. I watch anime all the time mainly yugioh lol. I'm the one that spoiled pretty much the gist of what happened on CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths with Olivia's history lol)

Olivia/daughter of Oliver Queen/Spectre and Felicity smoak/Location Morgue/possessed by an entity called Lady Spectre/Tags Nobody/Lady Spectre in control~I woke up in a morgue, I didn't see my best friend Joey anywhere. I ran my left hand over my face. I felt strange markings on my face. "Your welcome Oliver." A voice said to me in my head. "Don't call me by my middle name I hate it, I don't know who you are." I said to the voice in my head. "You'll find out soon enough." The voice said to me in my head. I blacked out. "Time to bust out of here." I said. I blasted the door opened with dark magic. (Olivia has no clue what is happening because she's blacked out)

Joey/Son of John Constantine/Location Olivia's grave leaning against a tree/Olivia's best friend/Tag-Nobody~ I leaned against the tree near my best friend's grave. "That memory will always haunt me." I said to myself. I wish I could forget about the memory of Olivia's death. I quite often see Olivia's ghost. Wherever I go I see Olivia's ghost, it follows me around, I can't ignore it, I wish I could of saved Olivia, but I know I can't save her. I believe it's my fault that Olivia died.
KyokoKirigiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:29 am

Erika Nygma | 17 | Female | Location: Rooftop | Tagged: Open

Up on a rooftop, Erika was sat, lounging on a chair, and reading a mystery book. She hummed to herself as she read, piecing together any clues or anything that might indicate the culprit. After a while, Erika got a little bored. It was pretty obvious who the culprit was in the book.
Perhaps she should find out what was happening around the city. She took her phone out, and logged into her system that kept an eye on the goings-on in the city. Perhaps there was scheme she could join... or help prevent. Depending what it was, or who was responsible.

Raiden Pierce | 17 | Male | Location: The Streets | Tagged: Open

Raiden had only recently arrived. It wasn't his usual place, and he sort of wanted to go home. There were plenty of other heroes around to help, surely? Oh well. Raiden had already left his bags in the apartment he was renting while he stayed, so now he was just walking around the streets, to explore and take a look around. Hopefully there'd be no trouble right now, to give him a chance to settle in... then again, life as a young hero - especially being the son of a prominent one - could be quite unpredictable.

Orion Cobblepot | 18 | Male | Location: Unknown | Tagged: Open

Hidden in an unknown location, Orion was watching a screen - displaying the live footage of the security camera that he'd hacked into. Something was up, and he wanted to infiltrate whatever it was. Destroying the lives of heroes was not going to be a small nor easy task... but it helped that so far, no one had knowledge he even existed. He was pretty sure that he wasn't even meant to be getting involved in this line of business at the moment, but he didn't care. Now... he just needed to figure out where most of the young heroes met.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me