Wild Jurassic [Open & Accepting]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Wild Jurassic

Postby Wolfe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 am

((OoC: This will be my first group RP in about seven years, so bear with me. xD))

Full Name: Katherine Nicole Corvin
Nickname: Wolfe or Wolfie (though only her twin brother, Crowe, can get away with calling her this). She has also been referred to as 'Baby Girl' by a lot of men in her past, so she just takes it with a grain of salt if used.
Position: Warden

Married/Unmarried: Unmarried/Single
Crush/Lover: Eh... That's a no. I would say give it a try, but you'll have to be very convincing. To put things in perspective for you; she doesn't believe in true love. She did at one point, but not anymore.
Pets: Cresil and Gaap (Though they won't have big roles to play in this RP)
Family: William Corvin (Father), Raevyn Black-Corvin (Mother, Deceased), Crowe Corvin (Twin Brother), Kit Corvin (Younger Brother)

Personality: There is one word that can describe Wolfe's personality well - Adaptable. Enough said.
History: Where to begin. Let's start at the beginning. Wolfe and her brothers had a normal life, which was suddenly changed when her mother was murdered. How she was or what caused the murder is never spoken. Just after the death of their beloved mother, things took a change in the Corvin family. Her father fell off the wagon, and in his drunken rages, took it out on Wolfe - both mentally and psychically. She was blamed for the death of her mother, a thing her father would never allow her to forget. It got so bad that she had to step up and find a way to provide for her brothers. This came in the form of joining up with a gang known as The Vipers. all the members had some sort of funky animal-like name and this is how the three Corvin siblings got their nicknames, which just sort of stuck.
She was a high school drop out, managing to deal with her flaws as a young adult and go back to get her GED. Still, she had a very lengthy record. And, of course, those things follow a person everywhere. So when she heard about the openings of the park, she jumped at the chance to try her hand at acquiring a job on the island. Thinking in the negative, she never thought she would actually be hired on. Wolfe started just as everyone else; at the bottom of the food chain. Putting all other things in her life on hold, she dedicated her life to her job (even going to schooling when needed) to get the spot she has now.
Other: Wolfe stands roughly around 5'4", with a very athletic build with mostly lean muscle, yet still retains her amble curves thanks to her mother's genes. Her hair is dark - somewhat brunette in color, but not quite - and her eyes are hazel. Her usual attire consists of tank tops, pants, and boots; and her work uniform is no different.

-x-

Full Name: Johnathan Bartholomew Corvin
Nickname: Crowe
Position: Warden

Crush/Lover: Open (Just be aware, I always kill him off in every RP I have him in :3)
Pets: None, and doesn't need any. He gets enough of his sister's beloved dogs to even consider taking on the role of a pet parent right now.
Family: William Corvin (Father), Raevyn Black-Corvin (Mother, Deceased), Wolfe Corvin (Twin Sister), and Kit Corvin (Younger Brother)

Personality: Crowe is a goof. Between the three of the Corvin siblings, he is the one with the sense of humor. It goes as far as being his biggest strength and his biggest flaw. It has also been known to cut into his professionalism and does get him into trouble when he oversteps his boundaries with his superiors. Crowe is also extremely loyal, especially to his siblings. He also has a tendency to put others first before himself. His biggest flaws would be his happy-go-lucky nature and his naivety to pretty much everything.
History: Crowe's background has everything to do with his twin's. He followed Wolfe like a lost puppy and was there for her through thick and thin. The two are close. As close as a brother and sister can be. He was there to help her through the whole gang ordeal, earning himself a hefty record as well. And he followed his sister even to the island, earning himself a job just as she did. He did everything right a long side Wolfe, her shadow. How he became a Warden can only be speculated, because the boy doesn't take his job as seriously as he should.
Other: Crowe stands roughly around 6'2", and is built with strong muscle; though not to body builder standards, which he will never be. His hair's just as dark as his twin sister's, yet his eyes are a steely grey in color. His work uniform isn't really a uniform at all, and is pretty much his everyday wear. How he gets away with this, no one will ever know.

-x-

Full Name: Daniel Logan Corvin
Nickname: Kit, Kitkat, Kitten (all are names his siblings call him and he loathes entirely)
Position: Tour Guide

Crush/Lover: Open
Pets: None, and doesn't want any. Ever.
Family: William Corvin (Father), Raevyn Black-Corvin (Mother, Deceased), Wolfe Corvin (Older Sister), Crowe Corvin (Older Brother)

Personality: Kit is... bitter. The boy is quite prideful and set in his ways, yet takes things very seriously. All the time. Really. Kit's got no sense of humor and is callous, sarcastic, and degrading to most everyone who knows him, especially his siblings. Yet, he is very perceptive and highly calculating, which can be manipulated by him on his terms to get what he wants. He usually puts up a front; one that is quiet and demure, but in reality is nothing more than a snake awaiting to strike, as he is a deceiver by nature.
History: Kit's history is actually the opposite of his siblings. Yes, he was a part of The Vipers, yet was not truly influenced by the gang and was mostly not used by them at all - claiming he was nothing more than a liability anyways. Because of this, Wolfe made sure her younger brother was clean, dressed, fed, and went to school. She was basically his mother. There is no telling why Kit doesn't like his older sister much, because she sacrificed everything to make his life as good as she possibly could. The resentment is there though. And very real. He can't stand either of his older siblings and would go as far as blackmailing them if he thought it would gain him any value.
The only reason he is in the park, and employed by them, is because of his siblings. They make Kit follow them everywhere. The job he wanted was the position of one of the Paleontologists, but even that was taken away by Wolfe and Crowe. The two basically not wanting him to get hurt, and as they said, in a lab there was always that chance. So he had to settle for being a boring Tour Guide. He hates it, but manages to do his job and keep his demeanor professional. There is always that little devil on his shoulder, one that is relentless in making him try everything possible to get both his siblings terminated and off the island.
Other: Kit's around 5'9", just a few inches shy of being as tall as his older brother. He's sort of lanky when it comes to body type and is just another reason to hate his siblings for getting the better end of the gene pool. Just as with all of the Corvin siblings, he has dark hair and takes on the steely grey eyes of his mother and brother. And don't even get him started on how much he hates his uniform.

-x-

Full Name: Nyssa Antinala Finch
Nickname: None
Position: Paleontologist

Crush/Lover: Open
Pets: None, currently.
Family: Mr. Ebeneezer Finch (Great, Great Uncle, Deceased)

Personality: Nyssa's personality is ever changing, just like the rolling tides. One moment she can be bright and cheerful, only for her mood to change at the turn of a dime, making her dark and gloomy. She is far from being bipolar, knowing exactly how her mood is going to be affected just by the people she is around at the time. Though in the workplace, she is very refined and demur, but behind closed doors she enjoys the nightlife - the parties, the booze, and the men. If one can get around that, she is an overall joy to be around and is extremely loyal to those she deems worthy of respect and friendship.
History: When Nyssa was only a child, her parents sent her away to boarding schools. It wasn't because she behaved badly, but simply because this was how they were raised. Rich, and so much so, they felt it was beyond them to have their hands tied down by that of a child. She didn't mind, however, as school was a breeze for the young girl. In her teenage years, her parents started to make her attend more religious based schools, which Nyssa held no fondness for. By the end of her high school years it was known throughout their entire family that one of the greatest men in the Finch family had fallen deathly ill. Nyssa took this time to leave school behind and take care of her great, great uncle. Besides, he had been one of the only members of her family to treat her as an equal and not just something they could toss aside. After her Uncle Ebeneezer's death, in which he left the young girl everything in his will (money, estates, etc) she decided to pick school back up.
With her schooling major and background, Nyssa was quickly hired on as one of the Paleontologists of the park. She spends most of her time in the lab, trying to bring new dinosaur assets to the park. Very rarely is she out in the field, but will not disagree orders when given. Unfortunately, being around such large and prehistoric animals makes her nervous. The biggest reason she likes to be locked away in her lab trying to create them, instead of having to be around them.
Other: Nyssa is 5'6" and very, very skinny. It can go as far as saying she looks as if she has an eating disorder, though her clothes usually hide this fact. Her hair is somewhat on the longer side, blonde, and slightly wavy; which clashes with her hazel eyes. Outside of work, Nyssa loves the feel of dresses and flats, but behind the doors of her lab she can be found wearing her usual uniform.

((OoC: I will defiantly add more characters later on, or if needed. But, I have stuff I need to get done around the house. If anything needs to be changed, let me know. ^-^))
Wolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wild Jurassic [Open & Accepting]

Postby Nevriande » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 am

(Accepted! And wow ok!! :D :D Thank you for joining! ^^)
Nevriande

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Winter Soldier » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:25 am

((nice looks like we got more people))
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby La Esmeralda » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:03 am

Name: John Hammond III
Position: CEO
Single/Married:Single
Crush/Lover:open
Pets: his dinosaurs XD
Family: grandfather (john Hammond)

Personality: serious, stern,nothing like his grandfather. he is focused on the safety of the guest and makes sure that no incidents happen at his park ,unlike at his grandfather's t rex Geronimo escaping and all the other dinosaurs .
History: too long
Other: n/a
_______
Name: Melina Knight
Position: Paleontologist
Single/Married:Single
Crush/Lover:open
Pets: none she's allergic to dogs and cats
Family: none

Personality: She is focused on her work and is not one to tolerate any nonsenses.
History:unknown
Other: n/a
Last edited by La Esmeralda on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Esmeralda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Winter Soldier » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:06 am

(Oh hi there what up starflame22 xd my phone seems to have your username in it's dictionary. Smart phones the one thing i am sure isn't all that smart when typing xd great see more people joining xd))
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby La Esmeralda » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 am

(oh wow XD)
La Esmeralda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nevriande » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:24 am

(Accepted! ^^ Thank you for joining! ^^)
Nevriande

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfe » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:39 am

((Mmkay, Nevriande gave me the go ahead to start this bad boy up. :3))

Wolfe's shift had started early. In fact, her job had called for her to be up at the crack of dawn to get things up and running. It wasn't anything special. Not like how most of the wardens would be called in if there was a new dinosaur being added into the park, but it was just as important. Stifling a yawn, Wolfe managed to sloppily tie her dark hair back into a ponytail as she stamped her index fingers onto a keypad. As soon as the code was entered, and correctly, the paddock door opened. A burst of air greeted her as the thick metal doors opened up, giving her access to the enclosure beyond. As soon as she had stepped inside, the door closed abruptly behind her, so as to not allow the animal within to escape. This paddock, it was different from the vast enclosures that most of the other animals lived in. This one, still of decent size, was smaller and more suited for one animal at a time. It would have to be. Considering this is where sick animals were kept and treated, before being allowed back into their main compounds. This one was decked out in a multitude of prehistoric plant-life. The sounds of nature blocking out all other noises, especially the ones beyond this pen; which were rowdy and full of other staff workers and the mechanical sounds of the trains as they were just starting up for their morning runs. Wolfe was thankful that all the hustle and bustle of the park was blocked out. It made her work a lot easier.

And there she was. A gorgeous Bactrosaurus, a perfect specimen, if Wolfe did say so herself. This one was special. She was the first, and the oldest, of her herd and great care was taken when such an animal was in need of proper medical attention. It had been an odd injury, to say the least. One that resembled that of thick wire being wrapped around the dinosaur's left hind leg. It had gone so deep that it wasn't wise to leave the animal with her herd, for fear she wouldn't be able to keep up. Also, as she had been the first created of her species in the park, having her die from such a wound was not an option. "Hey there, Big Momma." Wolfe crooned, reaching up to let her fingers stroke the creature's side gently, "Let's see how that leg looks today.". The Bactrosaurs, dubbed "Big Momma", gave a loud, guttural grunt as the woman stopped. Wolfe patted the herbivore gingerly on her thick hide attached to her right hip - which felt almost similar to that of elephant skin. Kneeling down, she was able to inspect the injury more thoroughly. Hazel eyes squinted into a glare. The wound did look much better after a week of being in here alone. The injury didn't look as if it had been accidental. Wolfe had stated to many of her superiors that it appeared as if this wound had been done intentionally, though no one seemed to take her seriously. She stuck to her first theory, but with no proof.. well, it was a warden's word and nothing more. Big Momma sounded a loud, low trumpeting sound, shaking her head as Wolfe took that as a sign of the dinosaur becoming uncomfortable with not being able to see her correctly from this angle.

"There we go. You're doing great, girl." she stately loudly, though in a calm manner as not to spook the gigantic beast, "No signs of infection and the wound is completely scabbed over. You get the all clear to go back home today." Of course, the hadrosaur didn't understand the human tongue, but Wolfe felt it easier to talk to them anyways. It did seem to keep the herbivores calm enough to allow them to be examined, and properly. "Good girl." she cooed, patting Big Momma's side before heading back to the exit of the paddock. As soon as the doors opened back up, another warm gale of air slammed right into her, she was allowed to step out and back into the noisy park. A huge weight was placed on her shoulders, as her knees were forced to buckle by the unexpected weight of being nearly tackled to the ground. "There you are, Wolfie! I've been looking everywhere for you!" her brother's boisterous voice echoed right in her ear. She closed her eyes, hoping her eardrum wouldn't burst.

"Why? I told you I had other things to do this morning." she said, almost lazily, before trying to dislodge her brother's arms from being wrapped around her neck. He was literally almost dragging her down, and now... there were a lot of workers stopping to stare. Ugh! Crowe! She'd get him back later for embarrassing her like this in front of her colleagues. "Get off, would ya?"
Crowe did as he was told, hopping around his sister so that he was standing right in front of her. A quizzical look etched on his face, as if she should have known why he had been looking for her. But no. Wolfe tried to rack her brain, wondering what was so important and what she could have forgotten that made her twin stare at her this way. "Babies. We get to go see the new babies that hatched last night. I told you we would be on call. What's up with you lately? You've become so scatterbrained." he stated, folding his arms across his chest. The gesture was something Crowe rarely ever did. In fact, Wolfe hadn't seen him do this sort of thing in... like... well, they had to be about eleven.
"Ah..." she sounded, rubbing the back of her neck with a hand, "Sorry 'bout that Crowe. I'll be right there. I have to go sign Big Momma out so she can get back home. I swear! I'll be right there." Crowe gave her a sharp nod, before heading back in the direction he had come, leaving Wolfe to go do as she said. It would only take a few seconds. Entering a small building stationed to the left of the medical paddock, she waved at a few security guards on duty there, before signing a few documents stating the animal within the pen was ready to be returned.

Crowe had been right. She had been off her game lately. Perhaps it had been her just being sleep deprived or even skipping meals. Whatever it was, she didn't know, but she didn't care. Her job came first and she made sure it was done correctly, unlike her twin. For a brief moment, she thought about gathering her younger brother, Kit, to go see the new additions to the park, but shook her head. No. He wouldn't enjoy something like that. Kit just didn't like animals, it wouldn't be a worthwhile experience for him. As she finished up inside, she made sure the papers were placed where they would be seen, before leaving and heading to another paddock, this one being much further away. This meant one thing. She's have to catch a train to get there. Great. Pushing all fears aside, she managed to quickly board the next one and was off to see the new hatchlings.

((OoC: Whoops! Got a bit carried away there. xD))
Wolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby La Esmeralda » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:54 am

Melina had arrived before any of her colleagues today. She was working on a new project to create a ceratosaurs, since the park lacked that species as of late . She sighed and started working on the genetic code from a recently obtained fossil of a ceratosaur skull.
____
John was here at the crack of dawn. He knew that the dinosaurs hadn't tried escaping ,since he upgraded the new security protocol as well as the systems . He sat at his desk in is eqisitie office looking though his employee's suggestions.
Last edited by La Esmeralda on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Esmeralda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me