*~*~* BEWARE OF SCAMMERS - Please Read! *~*~*

Post here for trades involving items, pets, points or currency from other websites (FR, Wajas, mweor, etc)

*~*~* BEWARE OF SCAMMERS - Please Read! *~*~*

Postby Tess » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 am

Bumping this back up for 2014 due to recent surge of off-site trade scams

Due to a few recent incidents, we're posting a reminder to be careful who you trade with.

Off-site trades are almost always risky. There's no way to directly exchange CS things for pets/items/currency on another website, so you have to trust that your trading partner is honest.

If you send your part of the trade first, there is a risk that the other person will accept your trade and then disappear without ever giving you what they promised on another site.

However, you can reduce the chance of being scammed if you are careful about who you trade with.

Tips to avoid scammers
  • Never trade with accounts which are less than a month old. - If the account is brand new, they might have been banned recently on a previous account and rejoined just to scam more people. It's very unlikely that a brand new member would be willing to buy something on CS since they barely know the game yet.
  • Ask the trader to confirm the trade agreement on both sites, by messaging their intentions to you on CS and on the other website too. That way you have a record of the trade promise which could be reported to admins on both sites, and you confirm that they really own the account they link you to.
  • If the trader has a trade topic, check for complaints or suspicious posts by other users - especially posts saying "I'm still waiting for you to send your side of the trade" etc. If the player has a history of breaking their promises with other traders, avoid them.
  • If the trader has very few pets on their account, or if you notice that the pets you sent them immediately got moved to a different account, then you may be dealing with a scammer who has multiple accounts
  • If the offer seems too good to be true, then it might be a lie!

If you think you have been scammed by someone who promised something they never delivered, please contact us using the help system: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/gethelp
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beware of Scammers - Please Read!

Postby The Growling Wolf » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 am

Thank you Tess! This is very helpful!
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Why hello people who may be reading this! I'm The Growling Wolf, but feel free to call me wolfy! I'm a friendly British girl, who loves a chat, so feel free to PM me! I love horror, youtube, books, surfing, autumn and wolves!
Pet's name: Autum queen
The Growling Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kafka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Thank you,this is really helpful for people who just joined other sites^^
/Image
art blog / ig

in need of da points! selling ocs here,
commissions here!
kafka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby historyOtaku » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:20 am

Thank you for posting this, Tess!
I had almost gotten scammed for my Snowflake Lion, but they've been banned. c:
If anything, you should check with other people for the reputation of the trader. (my other friend had been scammed by the same person, but Tess put the pets back onto their account)
Hopefully, with this forum announcement, people will realize how many scammers there are on here.
Once again, thank you Tess! c:
The tides changed ━ it's time to go home.
The waves said I should go; the wind began to blow,
and the water got tall.
And that's when I went home.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 26 people.
I have received 17 gifts.
important wrote:my sister and brother both play, and often gift me pets in order for me to gift others.
please don't ban this account, ~morning dawn~, or ~*sakura*~.
historyOtaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nagema » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Tess, I don't know if this counts as scamming, but when I was still new to Chicken Smoothie, I had a Grevy's Zebra and in 2010 someone send me a very.. very unfair trade for it, and being the newbie I was.. I accepted it. Worst choice I have ever made, besides trading my NON COON for a couple low advents, still not knowing anything about raraties. I have heard of undoing trades.. but is it possible when it was that long ago? I really, really want my pets back, and have tried talking to them, and they both refuse to even send anything now to make those past trades fair.

Thank you, so much for any help.

<3, nagema
Pet's name:
RIP Mom. 6/7/72 ♥ 1/19/2015
I will always love you and treasure our good times together.
nagema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby e.mbr » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks for the warning!
e.mbr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:40 am

Please be vigilant when dealing with off-site trades! We have banned several different people recently who have been promising to send things on AnimalJam and a few other websites, but have just been stealing CS pets/items.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunlightAura » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:40 am

nagema wrote:
Tess, I don't know if this counts as scamming, but when I was still new to Chicken Smoothie, I had a Grevy's Zebra and in 2010 someone send me a very.. very unfair trade for it, and being the newbie I was.. I accepted it. Worst choice I have ever made, besides trading my NON COON for a couple low advents, still not knowing anything about raraties. I have heard of undoing trades.. but is it possible when it was that long ago? I really, really want my pets back, and have tried talking to them, and they both refuse to even send anything now to make those past trades fair.

<3, nagema

I don't think that's possible, they were simply ninja trading you, which can't really ban the other member, unless the member told you that it was unfair, but otherwise, nothing can be done, I've done plenty of newbie mistakes, but that means that I learned my lesson, and sadly, I have to deal with it >.< Many newbies get scammed perhaps even every day, but its mostly ninja trading, which I heard Tess explain, not much can be done about it especially if the members on both sides of the trade agree to it

But thank you so much, Tess, for the warning, it would be great for off site trading members, especially since I personally trade on both FR and CS, so its a nice reminder
✢ ✢ ✢

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
- sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛᴡᴏʟꜰ -

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ - ᴘɪsᴄᴇs - ʟᴇsʙɪᴀɴ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴜɴɴʏ!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ
ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏs.

ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ : ۞
SunlightAura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:22 am

nagema wrote:

<3, nagema

Unless they told you something like lying about how much your pet was worth or you didn't mean to accept the trade (message like please edit or no thanks).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticGold » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:44 am

Has there been scams on animal jam, or is it like off site trades on animal jam and CS? I'm understand that there is a lot of them on the other game

Flight Rising

Hello there!
I love Doctor Who, Drag Race, Supernatural, Free! ISC, Legend of Korra, Hetalia, and Attack on Titan! Feel free to pm me about any of these! I like to draw, play piano, and swim!
NOTICE: PM me if I don't respond to a trade within 2 days
ArcticGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me