The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby ShutterBeetle » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 am

Just got Sims 3 plus Pets yesterday, love it!

After a whole huge issue getting the game to install to begin with. Apparently there's an issue with the codes being incorrect in the package deal (the code for sims 3 base is really the code for the pets). Spent two hours dealing with EA's rather aggravating customer service yesterday (first dipwad told me to just get in touch with the store) to get the correct code, only to have the downloads fail. Found a code online that worked, (wish I knew that before I tried their support!) and now I'm hooked!

Haven't played Sims since the first one. Have two games currently going, they both have pets, just cats. Second one I'm going to get her a horse, but not sure if I'll buy/adopt/ or try to get a wild horse.
ShutterBeetle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samend » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:13 am

I really like Sims games. I was wondering if you need Sims 3 for Sims 3 Pets?
Samend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caesar » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Samend wrote:I really like Sims games. I was wondering if you need Sims 3 for Sims 3 Pets?

Yes! You need the base game to play any expansions.
Caesar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samend » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Thank-you.
Samend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneeflöckchen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:16 am

Yay, finally I can play Sims 3 Pets! I think, it's the best Add-on so far. I love the horses. There are so many different breeds. And I've already got kittens! Sooo cute. ;)

What do you think about Sims 3 Pets?
Schneeflöckchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caesar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:41 am

Schneeflöckchen wrote:Yay, finally I can play Sims 3 Pets! I think, it's the best Add-on so far. I love the horses. There are so many different breeds. And I've already got kittens! Sooo cute. ;)

I haven't gotten it, but it seems really fun!
Caesar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakotak » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Schneeflöckchen wrote:Yay, finally I can play Sims 3 Pets! I think, it's the best Add-on so far. I love the horses. There are so many different breeds. And I've already got kittens! Sooo cute. ;)

I have it but I cant play it yet. When ever I go to install it,it says the Sims 3 needs to update so I update it then it says that there is no Sims game on my computer but I can still play the Sims fine. So I was just going to uninstall it and reinstall it but its not showing up in my system programs and some stuff I cant uninstall so I have to restore my whole computer system because something is wrong with it. Oh and to top it all off I think my mom threw away all of our system restore C.Ds. -.-
Dakotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caesar » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:54 am

Dakotak wrote:

I have it but I cant play it yet. When ever I go to install it,it says the Sims 3 needs to update so I update it then it says that there is no Sims game on my computer but I can still play the Sims fine. So I was just going to uninstall it and reinstall it but its not showing up in my system programs and some stuff I cant uninstall so I have to restore my whole computer system because something is wrong with it. Oh and to top it all off I think my mom threw away all of our system restore C.Ds. -.-

I'll try to help you with some questions...
1. Is the Sims 3 disc in the disc drive?
2. Do you have any mods? Outdated mods cause problems.
3. Do you have EA Download Manager? It helps when updating the game.
Caesar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samend » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:29 am

Stingray wrote:Just got Sims 3 plus Pets yesterday, love it!

After a whole huge issue getting the game to install to begin with. Apparently there's an issue with the codes being incorrect in the package deal (the code for sims 3 base is really the code for the pets). Spent two hours dealing with EA's rather aggravating customer service yesterday (first dipwad told me to just get in touch with the store) to get the correct code, only to have the downloads fail. Found a code online that worked, (wish I knew that before I tried their support!) and now I'm hooked!

Haven't played Sims since the first one. Have two games currently going, they both have pets, just cats. Second one I'm going to get her a horse, but not sure if I'll buy/adopt/ or try to get a wild horse.

Where do you fin the code because I'm planing on getting that same pack? Encase I have problems.
Samend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakotak » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:16 am

Caesar wrote:
Dakotak wrote:

I'll try to help you with some questions...
1. Is the Sims 3 disc in the disc drive?
2. Do you have any mods? Outdated mods cause problems.
3. Do you have EA Download Manager? It helps when updating the game.

I got the digital download on orgin beacuse my laptop likes to eat CDs.
I disabled all the mods and I think I deleted them all.
Yes I think I do.
I did a system restore and click on my sims and it's updating automatically now. So hopefully after its done patching I can install the sims.
Dakotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me