★ Stardew Valley Thread ★ {new poll}

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Favorite bachelorette?

Abigail
28%
Emily
12%
Haley
16%
Leah
24%
Maru
8%
Penny
12%

Total votes : 25

★ Stardew Valley Thread ★ {new poll}

Postby Catsplat18 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:55 am

Stardew Valley is a farming sim and RPG, inspired by titles like Harvest Moon but with its own unique spin on the genre. Farm, ranch, explore, decorate, forage, mine, fight, fish, and get to know the NPCs of Pelican Town in this cute game by ConcernedApe!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I’m surprised there isn’t a thread for this yet! I’d love to talk about this game as it’s one of my favorites. Who is your favorite NPC? Least favorite? Best skill? Farm map? How many hours do you have? (Criticism is totally allowed but please be respectful and follow CS rules.)

note for mods: the image on this post is from the Official Stardew Valley Wiki and is allowed to be reposted for noncommercial "informational use" according to the Wiki's rules
Last edited by Catsplat18 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ Stardew Valley Thread ★

Postby determinationss » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:57 am

omg! i've been waiting for a thread for this game for so long!! my first farm was the river farm (even though it took me months to figure out how to fish), but my favorite layout has to just be the default! my first husband on the game was sebastian of course. is there anyone else who really wants more lore for the game? hopefully one day we'll get a lore update where we get more background in the town! maybe even new buildings and marriable npcs!
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚★⋆。˚ ⋆
┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆
┊ ┊ ★⋆
┊ ◦
★⋆ ┊ . ˚
˚★
. . . ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

⋆ ˚。⋆★˚ . . . ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

⋆ ┊ ┊ ┊

⋆★ . . .┊ ┊

◦ ┊

˚ ˙┊⋆˚

★˚

────°˖✧ ✧˖°────
☉ taurus ☽ libra ↑ gemini
────°˖✧ ✧˖°────
────°˖✧ ✧˖°────
✯ LTCS admin
determinationss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:53 am

determinationss wrote:omg! i've been waiting for a thread for this game for so long!! my first farm was the river farm (even though it took me months to figure out how to fish), but my favorite layout has to just be the default! my first husband on the game was sebastian of course. is there anyone else who really wants more lore for the game? hopefully one day we'll get a lore update where we get more background in the town! maybe even new buildings and marriable npcs!

Definitely! I feel like Gunther and especially Marlon (since he shows up to some of the festivals!) should become full NPCs you can talk to and befriend. There's lots of lore related to the mines that could be explored, and both of these characters are connected to them (Gunther with the artifacts -- why did the previous museum curator steal everything?? and of course Marlon running a weapons shop that somehow stays in business?), as right now we only have the Wizard / Krobus vs Dwarf thing (which I haven't even gotten to yet since I can't speak to the Dwarf lol).

There could also be more lore about the greater world -- Zuzu City, the Gotoro Empire Kent fought against, etc.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby determinationss » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:55 am

yeah agreed! i remember hoping that the 1.5 update was a Zuzu City update lol. Stardew Valley Expanded is a great mod for the game though! I've played about 1K hours of the game so when we don't get updates, (because he's working on his new game which I'm very excited for) Mods are a great way to make it exciting again. I would also love to do a co-op world again!
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚★⋆。˚ ⋆
┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆
┊ ┊ ★⋆
┊ ◦
★⋆ ┊ . ˚
˚★
. . . ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

⋆ ˚。⋆★˚ . . . ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

⋆ ┊ ┊ ┊

⋆★ . . .┊ ┊

◦ ┊

˚ ˙┊⋆˚

★˚

────°˖✧ ✧˖°────
☉ taurus ☽ libra ↑ gemini
────°˖✧ ✧˖°────
────°˖✧ ✧˖°────
✯ LTCS admin
determinationss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:48 pm

1k hours!! Wow that's a lot. I have a little over 200. I'm looking into getting SDVE after I achieve 100% perfection on my main farm. I had a co-op with my brother going strong for half a year before we both burnt out of it... it's hard to organize time to play together. Haunted Chocolatier looks really interesting! I can't believe one dev can do so much.
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ Stardew Valley Thread ★ {new poll}

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:22 pm

marking! i've had the game for a couple of years but i don't have an awful lot of time on it. i'm mainly an fps player that prefers to subject themselves to toxic players online and get mad, so this game is always a great cooldown for me when i need a break from all of it. i intend on playing a little more seriously in the future so i'll pop into this thread every once in a while! thanks for making this thread, i look forward to some stardew conversations! abigail is a cutie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major 👁
    - RWC - trades - - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shoujo rei. » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:19 am

omg i love this game,,, i haven't played stardew valley in a while because i spent every day playing it over summer and i got burnt out but i love it so much. maru is my favorite (and i seem to be the only vote for her right now...). i want to get to playing it more soon!!!

It repeats again;
A flashback,
the buzzing cicadas...
and you, who will never come back.

ImageImage
Ocean | they/them | INFJ | artist
ImageImage
Interests: cookie run, project sekai,
vocaloid, madoka magica,
gakkou gurashi, d4dj + more

ImageImage
Listening to: Shoujo Rei
01:43 ━━━━●───── 04:52
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

shoujo rei.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tinybunny » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:41 am

ohhh I love this game - especially as a way to relax after a stressful day. I think the farm I have the most hours on is my four corners one since i like the way you can nicely organise everything, but my favourite is probably the default one just because I still think it's neat haha. I still don't have a favourite bachelor tho...
I did manage to get 100% completion before the most recent update but! that just means there is even more to enjoy now :')
"*looks in mirror* you again. we can't keep meeting like this."

I am mainly here just to relax and have fun! call me Dew :')

| she/her | young adult | awkward |

Currently studying computer science (send help).

"well, well, well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions."

tinybunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:53 pm

Ahhhhhh getting the last things for the museum is so annoying! I still need the golden relic (only from artifact troves or digging in the desert), basalt (magma or omni geode -- and I guess I need two of them since my lava eels need it to reproduce), and fairy stone (frozen or omni geode). I finally got the final dwarf scroll I needed after 225 hours and the Dwarf is like... not even that interesting tbh but they're my last villager to get to full hearts not counting my kids :,)

I wish we'd get some lore updates, more character cutscenes or even just dialogue... after gifting your spouse the same thing every day since you married them they still ask “I really love this. How did you know?” Let's hope they're teasing you because the alternative is that they have the most horrifying and depressing amnesia ever, or they're living like it's Groundhog Day, and I don't know which is worse.
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby another eternity » Mon May 22, 2023 5:46 pm

sdv yess :")), i have such a fun history with this game bc i thought i wouldnt be interested in the play style and i remember watching one of my friends do the fair over discord one night. then i got gifted it and tried it and oh my god. haunted for the rest of my life. why is redoing the community center over and over so addicting.

for my favs, id say fav farm is maybe river or forest, bachelor is harrveeyyyy, and bachelorette is either maru or leah! i am still so sad that we cant gift mr qi at aallllll, or talk to gunther or marlon, it'd be amazing if they had events

also am i the only one who never realized there's a heart event in that backroom of caroline and pierre's kitchen. i legit didn't even know that was a door you could go through. its been like 5 years and i Just found out
hiii, im not around all the time,
but i try to hop on for monthly drops and events.
im chronically ill, so i may not seem all there, but i dont bite! hard.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

another eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me