Movies and Shows You're Ashamed You Like/ Guilty Pleasures

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Movies and Shows You're Ashamed You Like/ Guilty Pleasur

Postby virtualpet » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Dinic: we don't experience shame for it because we love media meant for kids in general, but I think the movie we love that I feel makes people think "what" is 101 Dalmatians 2. We love 101 Dalmatians in general, but the second one we grew up with the DVD of and honestly still really relatable to the system experience, we'd probably be able to ramble about it for awhile!

But aside from that a lot of us also like the Carebears movies and My Little Pony movies, and also a couple of us love the Moshi Monsters movie. I think just yesterday we were watching Carebears while playing Minecraft heh

Image Anomaly Image

adult ☆ systemkin ☆ alien

don't call us alters/say we have DID!

virtualpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainAltenor » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:09 am

Movies

-Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. A lesser-known kids' film about a reckless spy dog that was shunned for nearly every aspect of it, including, but not limited to, the plot, the characters, and the animation/puppetry. I... actually found it to be a pretty good time. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

-The Secret Life of Pets. Both of them. Despite what most film reviewers say, I've never found the first movie boring or lame. Granted, I was a bit younger when I first watched this, and a bit of the interest in the film is purely nostalgia, but, even now, I find it quite fun and enjoyable. It was silly and had a cute premise, and I did enjoy the characters (I have a soft spot for Max in particular), the story, and the soundtrack.

Now, the second one was, like the first one, mostly light-hearted and fun, but it also felt much more action-packed and heartfelt. I might even enjoy it more than the original due to its focus on action and adventure, two genres which I am quite fond of.

I also quite enjoyed Rooster, the sheepdog that Max meets on the farm.

-Dolittle. Yeah, the 2020 film? Anybody remember that one? I know that people had problems with this film, but I personally found it really good. Perhaps I'm biased, reviewing a film with Robert Downey Jr. talking to animals, but it was, at least to me, a pretty good movie. Even gave me a few really nice dreams the few nights after I watched it for the first time. It's a fun adventure, I'll admit.

-The Queen's Corgi. A rarely acknowledged, yet universally despised animated movie. I can definitely see the flaws in it (and, believe me, there are... quite a few), but, even as I watched the film with the purpose of shunning it, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit. Sure, it's strange, and the humour can be very... odd, but it's also fun, and it certainly managed to hold my attention. Also, the animation is very good, great, even, especially for a lesser-known studio.

TV Shows

-All of the TV shows that I'm ashamed of enjoying can easily be described in two words: Preschool shows. I have unironically watched PAW Patrol, Bluey, and multiple other shows of the like purely for my own enjoyment. Granted, it might not be fair to add Bluey as simply a "preschooler's show"- it's more of a thing the whole family can enjoy. However, my point still stands.

Hm. Starting to see a theme here.
Last edited by CaptainAltenor on Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I'm going to be perfectly frank, I haven't got a clue as to what else to put down here. Instead, please enjoy this dress-up for the time being.
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Helpless » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Only my family knows about me secretly watching Paw Patrol. I can't help it, dogs that talk is my thing and the fact that they have jobs like what- it truly is embarrassing since it's a show for toddlers but I will never stop loving those cartoon dogs.. never.
h╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
h║ ✻ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ! ✻ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ. ✻

h

h
ɪ'ᴍ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ & ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ!(ᴄsᴛ)
h

h
hhhhhhhh]✻ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ! ✻
h╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
h

h

h

h

h

h

h

hhh"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎." -𝙱𝚊𝚗

hhhhhh*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✻ 𝙱𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Helpless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~wassaw~ » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 pm

I love miraculous ladybug and cat noir... I think it's sweet and entertaining
I am currently collecting butterfly wolves. There are a lot... ^v^

There should be more mouse pets ;v;

Western dragons are OP and I love them >v<
~wassaw~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CephalopodTrash » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:34 pm

Honestly, for me its a little TV show called Floogals. Its one of the more charming newer kids shows I've enjoyed and I'm a little ashamed that I enjoy it to the point of it being a major interest for me because I rambled about it to one friend and he joked about stuff I made for it.
CephalopodTrash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JohnEggers » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:43 am

La Casa Da papel, any day
JohnEggers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yves » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 pm

the l word MAINLY because of the many, many problems with it
      but even though it’s likely just a product of the early 2000s thankfully most of the wrongs were righted in the reboot
      idk why it’s even such a big thing for me !!!!! it makes me think i do have hyperfixations after all
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me