🐾Talking about Cryptids & other Supernatural Things🐾

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

🐾Talking about Cryptids & other Supernatural Things🐾

Postby Binx_It » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm

hello!
So there are many believers & non believers whatever side your own is your own choice. 😊
Either way I just though it’d be fun to chit chat about some experiences you guys may have had,
if you haven’t that’s ok to! Anyways the reason I wanted to make this was to ask questions, and
give scenarios. So feel free to ask simple questions or give scenarios you’d like answers to. Me
myself I got a question, and a scenario below feel free to give your answers for them!

Q~If you could survive it and hunt one, which creature would you hunt?

S~Lets say you go camping with a group of friends, it’s getting late into the night and everyone is out cold. You hear what sounds like your friend calling you from outside of the tent, so what do you do?
ImageImageImage
Young Adult//Still Behaves Like A Kid//Gamer//Manga & Anime Fan

Binx_It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🐾Talking about Cryptids & other Supernatural Things🐾

Postby k1tty_cl4wz » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:25 pm

I love cryptids! Though, I wouldn't want to hunt one, because I dont want to make it extinct. What is you favorite cryptid? I like mothman and the loch ness monster.

Hi, I am Rory. I might not be very active here.
k1tty_cl4wz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Binx_It » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:30 am

Well uh for favorite uh- being honest I’m terrified of them, but if I had to pick one that has stuck out it’d have to be skinwalkers, or Fleshgaits. They’re similar but not quite the same?
ImageImageImage
Young Adult//Still Behaves Like A Kid//Gamer//Manga & Anime Fan

Binx_It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Out With The New » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Holy sh- i love Skinwalkers! They as well as Fleshgaits, Wendigos, Crawlers, Ravenmockers and Goatmen are all so cool! For those who dont know-

Skinwalkers- Most 'wendigos' depictions are actually Skinwalkers. They are former medicine men turned Monster by using their medcine man magick and medical skills to harm rather than to heal. They can take both human and animal form- though certain forms are off limits due to those forms being sacrid, such as the crow. They can make hybrid forms, and are most fond of using deer or coyote based forms, especially deer antlers in their forms. They can also take human forms.

Fleshgaits- their name comes from skinwalker, skin for flesh and gait being a type of walk. This name choosen because skinwalkers have been reported outside of the native american terratories, but some felt weird because skinwalker described a native american creature. Though some have been reported in the us, they cant take animal form, and apparently have longer fingers. Also that documentary talking about the Rake is actually going on about these guys, as well as the common picture of the rake actually being a fleshgait photo.

Ravenmockers- Like The skinwalkers and fleshgait, they take the form and voice of their prey, and like the skinwalker, they can take animal form- a raven form. Hence the name, Ravenmocker. They take no other form and seem to be very intellagent creatures capable of magick and complex trickery like a trickster god with nothing but malicous intent.

Wendigo- despite the rumors, no talking about them will not attract them. (Talking about skinwalkers on the other hand...) There is no mask or horse involed. Infact, wendigos are just ghouls from specifically dense woods and snowy regions in the US, places one can get lost, stuck, and be forced to conditions or die of starvation. Like skinwalkers, they were once humans, but were possessed by a spirit. They lack any of the popularized deer atributes their known for, but are known to grow in height for every person eaten. Their appetite ls never satisfied, as they retained they stravation even after transforming.

Crawler- i dont know much about crawlers. I think they are like Wendigos were the lack the ability to trasnform? But are small in size, or at least compared to the ever growing wendigo.

Goatmen: Also known as Satyrs, they are born as they are and were never human. Concluded around the world as spirits or fey creatures, they are not known for keep to the sweet nature fey beings are known for or are assumed to have (im looking at you fey genders, most feys are into VERY messed up nsfw stuff and are not good gender or comfort things) are known for being very trickster esc, often known for being grade S jerks, pranksters etc. Using their magick they can take human form to get into more mischeif. The most famous one is the Goatman of Goatman's Bridge.

Ive seen SJW mixed these guys up a LOT or assume theyre just a native american thing. Actually, all have been reported around the world, and my theory is the fact that forms of animal magick and medicine magick... Are also found around the world. Though Ravenmockers seemingly are indeee unique to america as far as ive heard.
Out With The New

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:14 am

I personally enjoy the Mothman and LochNess Monster Cryptids c:
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiaraleu » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:39 am

I'm in LOVE with the Loch Ness Monster <<33 I'm a huge dinosaur lover as well so that's probably why, but I just love the idea of a huge creature just chilling in a lake. So cute lol
I don't doubt cryptids and supernatural creatures existing, I think it's really neat and trying to figure out what someone may have "actually" seen is also really fun! Infinite possibilites!
kiaraleu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moiraine » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am

I love a bit of cryptozoology, I always have- it was always one of my 'things' as a kid. I never did grow out of it!

For those of you saying you're interested in the Loch Ness monster- have you ever watched River Monsters? It's a fishing show on the surface (love the pun... love it) but it's set up like they're catching a cryptid or some kind of unexplained monster. The host investigates rumours about water-dwelling creatures all over the world. There was an episode about the Loch Ness monster which I watched in full on youtube, I can't find the video itself now but I'll link to it if I find it again. Might be of interest to some of you!

.Hester.
she/her, too old for all this, autistic

And don't you give up on me
As I dive into the dark
Slip into the endless sea
Don't you give up on me
Are you swimming in the stars?
Breathing in eternity
Don't you give up on me
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SitcomLaughTrack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 am

I don't think skinwalkers and the like count as cryptids. They're part of a vaster lore that people in cultures that have them often ask that people respect and don't take lightly.

Personally, I'm weirdly intrigued by the Mothman. The whole story is just so wth.

Out With The New wrote:Ive seen SJW mixed these guys up a LOT or assume theyre just a native american thing. Actually, all have been reported around the world, and my theory is the fact that forms of animal magick and medicine magick... Are also found around the world. Though Ravenmockers seemingly are indeee unique to america as far as ive heard.

The terms being used are specificlaly Native American. Other cultures with similar concepts use different terminology. And yes, forms of animal-related magic have been found in many cultures.
SitcomLaughTrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RHYM3_Noiz » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 am

When I was younger I absolutely adored the Loch Ness Monster, and I've recently found my love for them again, so here's a collection of my thoughts and favorite parts!!

My favorite photo has always been the Loch Ness Muppet, taken in 1977 by Anthony Shiels. It's so odd to me that it was very quickly shown to be faked, but is still so commonly seen today. The creepy clearness of the photo, the color contrast, the mechanicness of their face and smoothness of their neck all leads it to be such an interesting fake. It also doesn't have ripples, which ya know, it would if something was suddenly putting it's head out of the water.

A lot of the photos are proved to be fake too sadly, especially the more famous ones :( . It's not very likely that they exist and are usually said to be seals, sea otters, birds, or eels (Only the last one actually makes sense to the water conditions in the Loch. They conducted multiple sonar experiments as well as tested the water.

If Nessie did exist I believe that it would most likely be a group of plesioaurs that were able to survive due to the deep depths/ freezing conditions and were able to survive in the loch until now. It is also connected to the sea, which could possibly allow for them to migrate if needed, and catch more fish. In the water samples, it was sadly show that it's very unlikely because there was no material from bigger creatures :(

In general though, nessie is amazing and such an interesting creature to research!!! Beep beep, gotta love em <3
RHYM3_Noiz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunnie-bunners » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:51 pm

I love cryptids and I like to think of Cryptozoology as "tracking" more than "hunting"! I think I'd want to look for the goat-man or cactus cats! I think having a cute little prickly kitty as a pet would be so neat! All cryptids are cool, but I have a soft spot for the small, harmless ones
Bunnie-bunners

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me