looking to get into kpop, send playlists.

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

looking to get into kpop, send playlists.

Postby POSTAL 2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:04 pm

hey so this thread is super old and i actually LOVE vocaloid now, i have a few favorite producers and loids and my favorite song for a while was actually a vocaloid song (its my second fave now). i also have a ton of miku merch including a prize fig and a wall covered in vocaloid posters. but i still haven't gotten into kpop. heres an updated list of stuff you should know

- ill check out both boy and girl groups
- i'll listen to smaller artists, but i prefer artists with sizable followings
- of the kpop songs i HAVE heard, the ones i dont rlly like are the feels by twice and smooth like butter by bts. rule of thumb is i dont like very overplayed songs !
- if a group or any of it's members is considered problematic, please let me know ! i dont want to have a ponponpon situation where i enjoy someone's music but they're not a good person, but the word problematic is extremely played out and sometimes the issue is a big non issue.
- i prefer specifically spotify playlists as the title says, but if you give me song recommendations i'll try to listen. i dont usually like song reccs for some reason though loll
- and last but not least, im 100% fine with songs that contain swearing, violent themes, or nsfw themes. you don't have to add warnings to these if a song you like has them, unless the audio contains violent or nsfw content (for examples of what i mean by both: the start of ifuudoudou or the end of partners in crime)

and that's all !! you can reply to the thread or dm me directly :-D

old outdated info, please ignore. keeping for archival purposes
genre and artists actually lmao
i'm looking to getting into kpop and vocaloid.
i'd like to know for both of these things:
1. some things i should know before listening
2. some songs (preferably a playlist, i'd also like to be linked to specific songs)
3. what are the best artists in these genres in your opinion
any feedback is appreciated!
Last edited by POSTAL 2 on Tue May 09, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max | any neoprns/him | may 5 | adult | i like to um. half,ife

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: looking to get into these 2 genres, recommend me songs.

Postby sweathie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:08 pm

hey there! i don't know too much about either genre, but here's a short playlist i made last year for vocaloid! some good artists i would reccomend are kikuo,
GHOST, steampianist, momocashew, and Ferry !
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: looking to get into these 2 genres, recommend me songs.

Postby skyegawla » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:17 am

Hello fren! I'm not really sure about vocaloid, but I'm a huge kpop multistan. I'm also not really sure what you like, but VAV are a group and they don't get a ton of attention, but all of their songs are total bops. Also ATEEZ. 100% bops. Stay happy and healthy!
skyegawla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: looking to get into kpop, send playlists.

Postby POSTAL 2 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:17 pm

this will finalize my claim of listening to every genre (bump)

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gwebbie » Wed May 10, 2023 1:55 pm

Hi, I can't get to my playlists rn but in my sig I have my spotify linked and it has two good introductory playlists though they are a bit outdated rn called: that dude really peeled those tangerines (it's a multi group playlist) and I hallucinated cats (which should be a solo artist oriented playlist). I've been into Kpop since 2016 so if you want more music later on lmk!!
^(#`∀´)_Ψ── I Like sharks!! ──†_(゚ー゚*)β
She/her
Open for trades!!
My Wishlist!!
My Spotify!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gwebbie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Thu May 11, 2023 12:11 am

Gwebbie wrote:Hi, I can't get to my playlists rn but in my sig I have my spotify linked and it has two good introductory playlists though they are a bit outdated rn called: that dude really peeled those tangerines (it's a multi group playlist) and I hallucinated cats (which should be a solo artist oriented playlist). I've been into Kpop since 2016 so if you want more music later on lmk!!

oh thats super helpful thank u !!! i may check that out when i get home :-D (also love ur ouran icon lol)

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyum- » Sat May 13, 2023 3:51 am

i'm jumping out of hiding to shamelessly advertise my day6 boys-
      they're a 'kpop' band, but they self-compose their songs. the entire group was created due to one member's inability to dance- (second from the left in my sig). currently, two are in the military, two have been recently discharged, and one member has left (jae is the member most avoid but i don't see an issue with him tbh; they also had another member that left shortly after debut due to a scandal). they're a band but every member also sings beautifully with their own sound, apart from the drummer who's still gaining the confidence to.

song recs are (these are yt links btw):
      - i smile - a timeless favourite of mine (although maybe i'm biased)
      - you were beautiful - probably their biggest hit
      - goodbye winter
      - zombie (eng ver) - the song that made me fall in love with them. the english version is worth a listen too!
      - shoot me
      - i need somebody
      - somehow - showcases their different vocal styles and their capability of taking on each other's roles really well. like - there's a comment with timestamps for the part where they go AAAAA- you'll see (hear?) what i mean-
      - colours - you won't find this version on spotify, unfortunately, but the original is good as well!
      - sweet chaos
      i could keep going but uh- yeah. that'd be a really long list - or there's also this playlist with their entire discography i found on spotify. a lot of their songs are really good. the phrase 'trust and listen to day6' (믿고듣는DAY6) that people often say to introduce them isn't for no reason, but everyone has their own musical taste!

other kpop groups/people i listen to are:
      plave (newly debuted; kinda vtuber-ish with mocap)
      beast/highlight
      monsta x
      bap
      knk
      btob
      pentagon
      epik high/tablo
      etc etc.

lmk if you want more songs! mostly old though, because i stopped listening/paying attention to kpop at one point, and i'm bigger on the 2nd/3rd gens.
currently wip (or forever idk)
but have a gif of my day6 boys <3
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sat May 13, 2023 4:38 pm

kyum- wrote:
      i'm jumping out of hiding to shamelessly advertise my day6 boys-
      they're a 'kpop' band, but they self-compose their songs. the entire group was created due to one member's inability to dance- (second from the left in my sig). currently, two are in the military, two have been recently discharged, and one member has left (jae is the member most avoid but i don't see an issue with him tbh; they also had another member that left shortly after debut due to a scandal). they're a band but every member also sings beautifully with their own sound, apart from the drummer who's still gaining the confidence to.

song recs are (these are yt links btw):
      - i smile - a timeless favourite of mine (although maybe i'm biased)
      - you were beautiful - probably their biggest hit
      - goodbye winter
      - zombie (eng ver) - the song that made me fall in love with them. the english version is worth a listen too!
      - shoot me
      - i need somebody
      - somehow - showcases their different vocal styles and their capability of taking on each other's roles really well. like - there's a comment with timestamps for the part where they go AAAAA- you'll see (hear?) what i mean-
      - colours - you won't find this version on spotify, unfortunately, but the original is good as well!
      - sweet chaos
      i could keep going but uh- yeah. that'd be a really long list - or there's also this playlist with their entire discography i found on spotify. a lot of their songs are really good. the phrase 'trust and listen to day6' (믿고듣는DAY6) that people often say to introduce them isn't for no reason, but everyone has their own musical taste!

other kpop groups/people i listen to are:
      plave (newly debuted; kinda vtuber-ish with mocap)
      beast/highlight
      monsta x
      bap
      knk
      btob
      pentagon
      epik high/tablo
      etc etc.

lmk if you want more songs! mostly old though, because i stopped listening/paying attention to kpop at one point, and i'm bigger on the 2nd/3rd gens.

thats a lot to get thru omg gjfned , tysm for the recs ! ! a kpop group focused on mainly the singing actually sounds really interesting (and something i can appreciate because i hate when music videos are like . mostly dancing and skits and it takes them like 5 minutes to actually begin the song loll)
ive heard of monsta too also ! heeard a clip of one of their songs on tiktok and it sounds right up my ally , ill be sure to give some of these a listen :-)

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me