D&D-ers!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

D&D-ers!

Postby sharpcaster » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:48 pm

If this website still has as awesome as a community as I remember, I would like to mention and propose something (You'll understand why I didn't post this in one of the roleplay forums as I continue).

I used to use the roleplay forums here all the time. I loved character creation, I was already a bookworm so I loved immersing myself into the universes I loved. I was a frequent on Warriors rps, starting my roleplaying journey on Goldenfur and then spreading myself out to other .wix roleplay sites and eventually found myself here. As I got older and life happened, I "grew" out of it (AKA didn't find it enjoyable anymore due to mental health and irl-friends thought it was strange, but I still love this website all the same). By the end of my teens I started playing more videogames, loving rpgs like Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, and immersive story driven puzzle-solvers such as Tomb Raider and Uncharted. However they never delivered the choice, world building, and general character creation that I loved about online roleplaying. It wasn't long until I was invited to play a game of D&D.

I instantly fell in love with it. My first character was a wizard, obviously poorly built being my first time, but it was probably what I was looking for this entire time.

Anyhow, onto my point. Many years later I racked up experience yet my forever DM decided she was burnt out, respectively so. It's been a while since then and I really miss it. I've made this post here because I wanted to find some like-minded folks from a good community that may be interested in playing and DMing a game, which would most likely require swapping discords via PMs, though thankfully those are still anonymous and don't require any real personal information. I haven't had luck in Roll20 due to the DM-Player ratio, and I've posted in other forums like the LFG subreddit to no avail. Unfortunately, as those reading this should know as well, D&D isn't exactly kid-friendly, and I wouldn't really feel comfortable playing and voice chatting with those much younger than I am now that I'm a young adult.

Another big reason I post here rather than one of the roleplay forums is due to the actual mechanics. While I'm definitely going to be looking for some good rps here, there's just something about building stats around a concept and rolling dice to determine the outcome of a decision, something that can't be done here, unfortunately.

However. This is still a discussion forum. Those of you who've played, what do you love about it? What were your favorite characters of yours and favorite classes?

Personally, I'm a wizard/ranger main. I also had the opportunity to play a UA Arcane Archer who is absolutely one of my favorites, if not my all-time favorite. I played a game of TOA as a Tabaxi Ranger(Hunter)/Cleric(Nature) as well who was a big goofball with a triceratops mount. Good times, good times indeed.
sharpcaster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: D&D-ers!

Postby slipp67 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 am

I've only played D&D once before and it was wayy more fun than I thought it would be! I was a druid Elf and I loved my character so so much. I love the game because you can be creative with it, and depending on who you play it with can make it go in so many different ways!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
howdy, I'm slipp
she/her
treat people with kindness
blm
cancer sun, scorpio moon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
"walk in
your
rainbow
paradise"

open to
trades
and pms!

xxxxxxxx

slipp67

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nostalgic Dragonlord » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm

I DM for a chaotic group of 7, they're pretty epic despite not knowing what RP is if it hit them around the head for a d4 of Bludgeoning damage.
I love D&D because a). dragons, and b). me being able to pretend to be a far more interesting person than I actually am, or consider myself to be.
I have three character concepts:
Lawful Good Dragonborn Cleric, who is Moral Compass and Party Healer.
Neutral Good Drow Wizard, a reformed Boss bc backstories are hard to create.
Chaotic Good Kobold Wizard. I. Cast. Fireball.
Nostalgic Dragonlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:08 pm

I am in two campaigns of D&D, one is postpone because of work, I believe, of our dm's work, and another one is still ongoing.
In the first one, I am playing a neutral evil daywalker wizard, albeit the arcane tradition that I chose is blood arcana, so she's technically a blood mage. I like playing homebrew races and classes, I have noticed.
The second one is a chaotic neutral Fallen Aasimar hexblade warlock. Thinking of multiclassing into barbarian, since I do met the requirements, and I want to try something that is out of my comfort zone. Then again, I am already out of my comfort zone, by playing a warlock. Been used to playing a wizard in Pathfinder, and my first D&D character is a wizard, so I guess that I am spoiled by the amount of spell slots that the wizard gives me. With this campaign, it is extreamly overpowered, since my dm made it that way, and when we die, he choose the race, and we can make our character after that. I am hoping whenever I die, which is highly possible, he chooses Goliath, since I already made a Goliath order of the mutant blood hunter.

The main thing that I like about 5e compare to Pathfinder, is that I don't have to worry about figuring out DC of spells, since it's already figured out in 5e. For example, to figure out the dc of a 6th level spell in Pathfinder, this is what you do: 10+6+appropriate modifier(Intelligent for wizards, charisma for sorcerers, ect...) So the dc someone would have to get over is 24, since I use the intelligent modifier that my wizard has, he has a intelligence of 22, and a ioun stone that gives him a plus 4 to it. Sorry if it sounds like that I am rambling. Do that alot, unfortunately.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:17 pm

I've done about two 3 hour sessions so far, and I love it! I play with some good friends so I'm not shy at all. I like it because I love imagining worlds and characters, and roleplaying in general. I love fantasy related stuff! Theres so much you can do with it n such. I dont know much about character builds, as my friend (also the dm) mapped out the basis of my first character for me. The next time around though I'll do it on my own. I'm definitely still learning about the game itself though and how to play
I'm not sharing too much cause I'm too tired and sick, but yeah! I do like it! My current character is an elf though, rouge.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me