Recommend me anime I show watch

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Do you like anime?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:55 am

I'm an otaku
29%
Hell yes!!!
36%
It's ok
14%
I watch it sometimes for fun
21%
NO
No votes
I hate it
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: Recommend me anime I show watch

Postby grimly » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:14 pm

my hero academia, one piece, berserk, b: the beginning, violet evergarden
affie
♪ | legend of zelda
♪ | cars / sportbikes
Image Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
grimly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chihirofujisaki » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:39 pm

I'm currently watching Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World, and I'm enjoying it.

My all-time favorite is Danganronpa, though. It's a video game series about a group of high schoolers who are locked in a school and told that if they want to leave, they have to get away with murder. It's very dark, and your faves will die, but it's 100% worth it. If you're interested, here's the watch/play order:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is the first game. There is an anime adaptation called Danganronpa: The Animation, but I highly recommend the game over the anime. The anime is basically a summary, and you miss a lot of important character development, so the deaths don't hit as hard, and it glosses over some of the plot points in a way that creates holes in the narrative. It also grossly misinterprets one character's arc, and if you watch the English dub in particular, the translators tried to go for a "dark comedy" kind of feel that falls flat. The game is very fun, and it's available on PS Vita or Steam. If you can't buy the game and play it yourself, there are plenty of let's plays on youtube. If you want LP recommendations, I can give you those.

The second game is Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. There is no anime adaptation for it.

The next game is Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. This game is slightly different from the rest, because it's not a murder mystery visual novel. It's a third-person shooter with frequent anime cutscenes. If you want to skip past all the unnecessary puzzles and combat in favor of the story, you can find on youtube the "movie" version, which is just plot/lore.

If you want, you can read Danganronpa/Zero at this point. It's optional, but it's interesting lore. You can also just read a summary of it online if you prefer.

Next is Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy. This is an anime, and there is no game. It has a strange order to it: it's broken up into arcs that you alternate. Episode 1 of Future Arc first, then episode 1 of Despair Arc, then episode 2 of Future, then episode 2 of Despair, etc etc until you'll finish with episode 12 of Future Arc. There is no episode 12 of Despair Arc.

Super Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the World Destroyer is an OVA that comes after ep12 of Future Arc. The whole episode is on youtube. Technically it's optional, but it explains some things that happen in the next installment, so it's better not to skip it.

You'll conclude the Hope's Peak saga with the final part of Danganronpa 3, the Hope Arc. It's just one episode. In some places it's billed as episode 12 of Despair Arc.

There's plenty of optional lore (light novels, manga/comic anthologies, and stuff like that) to read. I won't list them all here, because they're optional and there's so many of them.

The very last thing you play is New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony. It's sometimes also called New Danganronpa V3: Everybody's New Semester of Killing. Whatever you do, you absolutely must leave this for the very last. In spite of the "3" it is completely different from the DR3 anime, and it's intended as a soft reboot of the series; it takes place in... not quite a separate universe? But pretty much. And it spoils everything that comes before it.

That was a lot of info, haha, but I hope you don't mind. It's a really good series. One thing I'll say is that if you have any intention to play/watch it, ever, do not look up anything about it. It is so so easy to spoil it for yourself. Even just typing a character name into google, you'll get autofill results like "(name) body discovery" "(name) execution" "(name) mastermind reveal" etc etc.

If you have any questions about this series, feel free to PM me, bc I could talk about it forever, lol

--Chi

𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚘

𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢/𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖

𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚛

𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍

𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙

𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍
chihirofujisaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoska » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:15 am

brave police j decker is super good, and slam dunk!!
sophie. adult. polish. illinois.
i love hannibal, tezuka, kingsman, and my ocs. a lot.
socials
zoska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me