All About Rick Riordan Books

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

All About Rick Riordan Books

Postby PercyJackson14 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Rick Riordan's books are a way for me to have fun and escape from reality. He is probably one of the best authors out there. He knows how to connect with his readers. Most of my friends read his books too so it's another way i can connect with them.

What I'm dying to know is what has he or his books done for you, what makes it special to you?

What is your favorite Rick Riordan book?
Which is your favorite series?
What do you like most about the author?
Who is your favorite character in his books?
What got you into his books?
What books do you recommend for Rick Riordan veterans or newbies?
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.”
Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
PercyJackson14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: All About Rick Riordan Books

Postby Silver Pandorica » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:14 pm

What is your favorite Rick Riordan book? Ooh...just one? Probably The House of Hades.
Which is your favorite series? All the Percy Jackson books >^^<
What do you like most about the author? He's super creative! I love his interpretations of ancient myths and beliefs. They not only are fun to read, but you learn a lot, too. I've come to have a lot of interest in ancient cultures (particularly Egypt, Rome, and Greece) because of his books. He also has a good relationship with his fans and has a unique writing style. Riordan's characters have a lot of depth, making them easy to love (or hate, depending on the context, haha) and to relate to. The PJO and HoO series will always hold a special place in my heart as my favorite series of all time. Reading through those ten books was an emotional roller coaster, and I enjoyed them a lot. Oof, I'm getting nostalgic now <3
Who is your favorite character in his books? Nico <33 Though Leo is a close second!
What got you into his books? A couple friends of mine loved the books and recommended them to me. Then the binge-reading began...
What books do you recommend for Rick Riordan veterans or newbies? Definitely the PJO and HoO series for newbies!
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PercyJackson14 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 am

Bump
Last edited by PercyJackson14 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PercyJackson14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grey matter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 am

alex fierro is just

great
jade from internet (inactive account)
he/him
grey matter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PercyJackson14 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Bump
PercyJackson14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grey matter » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm

seriously though

Alex fierro is fantastic
jade from internet (inactive account)
he/him
grey matter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PercyJackson14 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Bump
PercyJackson14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawnfire5212 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 am

What is your favorite Rick Riordan book? Hmm...I'm not sure. I've read the Kane Chronicles and about half of the Percy Jackson books, but that was so long ago I don't think I can say.
Which is your favorite series? Definitely the Kane Chronicles. It got me into Egyptian culture, and I've had an immense love for everything Egypt ever since.
What do you like most about the author? Oh man, I love how he puts an adventurous spin on different pantheons. If it weren't for him, I probably never would have opened my eyes to the different gods and polytheistic societies, and I never would have found something I believe in ^^
Who is your favorite character in his books? Ooooh, tough one. I don't remember much about the Percy Jackson books, but in the Kane Chronicles....definitely Bast, and Sadie was always kick-butt awesome too.
What got you into his books? I remember just picking up The Red Pyramid one day, deciding it looked cool, and I started reading it. Definitely one of my better decisions I've ever made XD
What books do you recommend for Rick Riordan veterans or newbies? Well, I think the Percy Jackson books are his first, original series, and I'm usually one to suggest going in order, so I'd recommend PJ for newbies. But for veterans Kane Chronicles all the way! They were so good. So. Very. Good.
ImageImageImage

Hey, you should check out this CS Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I just started watching Steven Universe and I'm just kjbfkajbKJFBKJABDOAB??? Wowie, this is the first time I've binged a show in years. It's so good? And I just started season two and I've cried so much? I haven't been this emotionally conflicted since...okay I honestly don't even know anymore. This is simply a fantastic show. Even though all the happy-go-lucky parts seem to be over and done with.....hhhhh
Edit: Okay nope wow season three is already gettin me in the feels it's so good man. "H²OMG!" I'm cry oh my goodness.
Dawnfire5212

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:33 am

What is your favorite Rick Riordan book? Aah such a hard choice... I've gotta go with Battle of the Labyrinth. The whole book had me on edge, and I really loved the funeral pyre part ^^ (I'm trying so hard not to give any spoilers... I think I did good)
Which is your favorite series? Definitely the Heroes of Olympus. I love all the new characters introduced, they're all so diverse!!
What do you like most about the author? I love how he didn't stop after Greek mythology; he went on to Egyptian, then Roman, then Norse. He could've just stopped, but he expanded it all into such a complex realm full of new discoveries and mystery :)
Who is your favorite character in his books? Uhh either Piper, Reyna, or Nico, I can never choose XD. All the characters are great, but I just love the development, especially in the last two.
What got you into his books? My older brother had the five from the original series in his bookshelf; I was in his room one day and decided it looked interesting, so I took it to read. It got to the point where I had them all out at once, and then he noticed and I got in biiig trouble!
What books do you recommend for Rick Riordan veterans or newbies? For newbies, I'd suggest starting from the beginning, just so you have a grasp on the depth of it all^^ And for veterans, if you haven't read the Apollo Trials yet, you need to! I've already cried over the latest book, but I promised no spoilers, so just read it! If you're looking for something not by Rick, try something by Cassandra Clare! The concept is entirely different, but it's a good series as well~
xxxx
x
" ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴜɴғᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴ. "
── © ────────────────────────────────────
heyo, i'm riya. i roleplay, collect art, etc; you'll also see
me around the forum games every once in a while :)
aroace, they/them pronouns; let's talk music n stuff
─────────────────────────────────── ©© ──

_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:33 am

What is your favorite Rick Riordan book? hard to say since there are so many of them. i might have to go with the mark of athena or house of hades since they're such suspenseful books and percabeth is super cute

Which is your favorite series? i love trials of apollo so much. i think it has the best character development of all the series, and i adore the environmental concept added into a few of the books. magnus chase is my second favorite

What do you like most about the author? i just think that he's such a good writer. he knows how to create characters and keep a flow to his books. my sister and i have mentioned how he can perfectly describe a noise with different sounds (i.e. pythons voice is like scraping metal) and he's so diverse with his characters! people of different races, gender, sexuality, religion and everyone is valid since all beliefs are technically true in the series'

Who is your favorite character in his books? apollo, leo valdez and hearthstone are my favorites. i literally love hearth so much, he's so precious! like i said above i love that apollo has so much character development. and i feel leo is pretty self explanatory, he's bad boy supreme

What got you into his books? my older sister introduced me to percy jackson after i watched the movies. she went on a rant about them and forced the books upon me to prove how much better they are. thanks sis. we're trying to get our brother to read them but he doesn't like to read and thinks the books childish and stupid. blasphemous

What books do you recommend for Rick Riordan veterans or newbies? for both, i would say start from the first percy jackson book and make your way through the series chronologically, so after pjo read heroes of olympus, then magnus chase, then trials of apollo. if you want shove kane chronicles in after heroes. i'm not a fan of kane chronicles though. you could switch around magnus and trials though since they're happening at the same time and don't really intertwine with each other like percy and heroes does where pjo comes first then heroes after

yeah, that's my spiel, i would love to geek out about the nooks with anyone! pm me to

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .