Recommend a movie or show!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Recommend a movie or show!

Postby sweetsakura » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:10 am

Your friend has just asked you to reccomend a movie or show. What would you reccomend them to watch and why?

This is just a smol' lil' thread where you can share your favourite movies and shows and tell us a little bit about them! <3 Enjoy!

•Please be nice to others
•No bad language
•All Tess' rules apply!

(I'm really sorry if a thread like this exists already, I just thought about this right now :3)
Last edited by sweetsakura on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
x

Image "𝚜 𝚊 𝚔 𝚞 𝚛 𝚊"
𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚎𝚛 --- 𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛 ---
𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜

𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 | 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝

hey i'm sakura. feel free
to talk if you feel lonely c:
x
charactersmy scaly babies
sweetsakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recommend a movie or show! V1

Postby sweetsakura » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 am

To start off, I'd like to reccomend the animated movie 'Hotarubi no Mori e'
It's a 45 minute japanese animated film based off a manga! It's beautifully animated and has a touching story to it. It is about a small girl, that gets lost in the forest and meets a friendly forest demon. It has a really touching ending! <3
x

Image "𝚜 𝚊 𝚔 𝚞 𝚛 𝚊"

x
sweetsakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recommend a movie or show!

Postby sweetsakura » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:16 am

I also recommend the film 'Before I fall' Its a great film about a girl, re-living her last day. (I can't spoil more!)
x

Image "𝚜 𝚊 𝚔 𝚞 𝚛 𝚊"

x
sweetsakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recommend a movie or show! V1

Postby dove. » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 am

Sweet._.Sakura wrote:To start off, I'd like to reccomend the animated movie 'Hotarubi no Mori e'
It's a 45 minute japanese animated film based off a manga! It's beautifully animated and has a touching story to it. It is about a small girl, that gets lost in the forest and meets a friendly forest demon. It has a really touching ending! <3

I also recommend this! It's amazing, and tells such an amazing story in such a short time ^-^

I recommend watching Timeless which is incredibly underrated. It has such a great story and the characters are awesome!

Cred. | link | link | link |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
link | link | link | link |
[ text1text1text1 ]
───────────
[ text2text2text2 ]
dove.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avalon! » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:10 am

I recommend Stranger Things. It's a fantastic show. The acting is great, the plot is great, the characters are all great. It also can be very tear jerking at times. Especially one scene at the end of Season 1. It's scary at times and very suspenseful, but it's also very touching and heart warming. And funny at times too. It only has 2 seasons so far, but Season 3 is being filmed right now. It's on Netflix.

I recommend IT (2017). It's extremely funny, all the kids are fantastic, the acting is phenomenal, and the story is very well done. I do not recommend if you do not like cussing or horror because there is a lot of that in this movie. The story is very touching too. It's just about a boy trying to find his little brother. It gets very sad near the end. :(

I recommend Wonderstruck. It is an extremely underrated movie in my opinion. All the acting is wonderful and the story is very complex. Basically it's about 2 blind children from completely different time lines. It can be very sad at times, but the ending is very sweet. <3
Avalon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jordanvest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:33 pm

For a movie:IT(2017)
For a TV show: Steven Universe.

Note: I know that I have weird taste. One is a horror movie and the other is a child's show. I've heard it before.
Hello! Check out my adoption group at:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3786682

Make sure to bump the thread before adopting
jordanvest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweetsakura » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello again! I'd like to reccomend an animated series called 'Erased'
There are 13 episodes i think, which each have about 45mins.

It is a great reccomendation for everyone who loves a good cryminal. It isn't predictable at all and leaves you in suspence and a bunch of amazing cliff hangers.

The show is about a man who can re-live moments and potentially do something to prevent disaster. I guarantee that this is a great show
x

Image "𝚜 𝚊 𝚔 𝚞 𝚛 𝚊"

x
sweetsakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avalon! » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:03 am

jordanvest wrote:For a movie:IT(2017)
For a TV show: Steven Universe.

Note: I know that I have weird taste. One is a horror movie and the other is a child's show. I've heard it before.

You don't have weird taste! I don't like Steven Universe, but I do love IT and I also love lots of other more childish shows. Just means you have a love for a wide range of shows and genres. XD
Avalon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:52 am

Supernatural.

There is just something about Supernatural that isn't found in any other show. The fandom is so loving and kind and the actors are like a family which makes the show so pleasant to watch. It is a show about two brothers who go about their lives 'saving people, hunting things, the family business'. But ultimately, it is about the extent to which Sam and Dean, two inseparable brothers, will go to protect each other, and the friends and 'family' that they have met along the way. It is a perfect blend of comedy, drama, action, fantasy, thriller and mystery. And the show just kind of works. Thirteen seasons later, the show is going as strong as ever and the Supernatural family has never been closer. There's just something about all that that makes the show...supernatural. Not to mention, the Supernatural fandom has a gif for everything, I'm telling you that now. Also, if any of you do start watching it or already watch it, sent me a pm. I'm more than happy to talk to my fellow wayward sons/daughters/etc.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avalon! » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:03 am

Light Bringer wrote:Supernatural.

There is just something about Supernatural that isn't found in any other show. The fandom is so loving and kind and the actors are like a family which makes the show so pleasant to watch. It is a show about two brothers who go about their lives 'saving people, hunting things, the family business'. But ultimately, it is about the extent to which Sam and Dean, two inseparable brothers, will go to protect each other, and the friends and 'family' that they have met along the way. It is a perfect blend of comedy, drama, action, fantasy, thriller and mystery. And the show just kind of works. Thirteen seasons later, the show is going as strong as ever and the Supernatural family has never been closer. There's just something about all that that makes the show...supernatural. Not to mention, the Supernatural fandom has a gif for everything, I'm telling you that now. Also, if any of you do start watching it or already watch it, sent me a pm. I'm more than happy to talk to my fellow wayward sons/daughters/etc.

My parents started watching this show and then stopped after like the first episode because it was kinda heavy and scary. XD I keep telling them to try it out again and they might so yay! It just has so many seasons that they think that they'll never have enough time to catch up on all the seasons. XD I'm not allowed to watch it tho. *cry*
Avalon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me