Favorite Conspiracy?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Favorite Conspiracy?

Postby Montgomery Gator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:30 am

Just want to find some other cool theories anyone got some?
    'N ROLL
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    ████
    ████

☆☆☆☆☆

Image Image Image
┌──────────┐

Rex || He/Him || Adult
Transgender & Autistic
FNAF Fanatic and Collector
Trades always welcome!

└──────────┘
█████████ ██
┌────────┐

You can hide...
But you can't hide!
© coding

└────────┘
☆☆
██
██
RUN! RUN!
Image Image Image

Montgomery Gator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Favorite Conspiracy?

Postby Gwan-Thwei » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:07 am

Conspiracy theories are kind of like urban legends - Although the story itself is usually fake, there are a lot of elements that make it believable. Faking the moon landing - alright sure, space travel is expensive, and what better way to win the space race than to just say we won? A secret group controlling the world - there's been instances of governments controlling the information their people hear about the world and subliminal messaging is a thing, so that's plausible. Even something like saying the Holocaust was faked can be understood a little because it's so horrific, it's hard to accept that it it happened at all.
But there's one conspiracy that's rapidly gaining ground despite the fact that it flies in the face of logic, reason, or proof, even if said proof is hundreds of years old. An alarming amount of people genuinely believe that The World is Flat.

I once heard someone say that there's no way anyone really believes that and that its all one massive joke. I wish it was, because then my Mother in Law wouldn't keep trying to convince me.

Apparently, the world is flat just like people thought centuries ago. Antarctica is really a 200 foot tall wall of ice with a sheer drop on the other side. It's patrolled by the government to make sure no one can get to it. Every pilot ever is or has been paid by the government to keep quiet about this. Every astronaut is just an actor because the moon landing was fake. The moon and the sun themselves are fake as well, just images projected on the half dome that keeps all our air in. There are also being that live on the underside of the earth that we perceive as demons or angels ( i can't remember which ).

Arguments about it are countered with wild misinformation. If she looks at train tracks with a pair of binoculars, the vanishing point moves further away. If the moon was real, then she should be able to see the tide rise and fall within her glass of water. NASA is pretty much just a big special effects studio so that's why they've had their funding cut. According to her, if the earth was round, planes would always have to be tipping their nose down to compensate for the earth's curve, and boats would have to power up 'hills' of water. When she was reminded about her trip to Antarctica, she said they were taken to the fake 'Tourist' Antarctica. When she was asked about her time she served in the Navy, she said she never saw any curvature on the ocean and she never saw a boat disappear over the horizon.

There are two things that baffle me the most about all of this. The first is that no one, not even my MIL, can tell me why the government is trying to hide that the Earth is flat. Like i said, there have been instances of the government controlling what people hear about the world (like WW2), but why the shape of the earth, of all things to worry about?
The second was a serious response to an unserious question - If the Earth is flat, what about all the other planets? Are they Flat too? She told me that no, the other planets are probably round. Couldn't tell me what made Earth so special.
Gwan-Thwei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me