Did anyone here play any CD-ROM games?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Did anyone here play any CD-ROM games?

Postby lil.pinknugget » Mon May 14, 2018 1:59 pm

I'm just curious. Did anybody here grow up playing CD-ROM games from the 1990's and early 2000's? I'd love to know! Such games include the "JumpStart" series, Pajama Sam, Disney Artist/Disney Interactive Storybook, various Barbie games etc. My all-time favorite was Barbie Riding Club but the CD got scratched so it no longer worked and then all of a sudden it got split in half and I have no clue how, so I just threw it away. I can still remember it to this day. I'm hoping to purchase another copy of it online somewhere on Amazon if possible. I just hope it's still compatible with whatever computers I have lying around. ;p

EDIT

Does anybody remember playing Winnie The Pooh: A Story without A Tail? I loved that game so much too! I can't believe I forgot about that. My favorite part of that game was Cooking with Rabbit and making words with Pooh Bear on the Riverbank.

If you're a true 80's kid (not me lol), does anybody remember playing Math Rabbit? Obviously, a game where it helps/teaches you math. I just love the old computerized noises/graphic quality that you don't really hear anymore. I'm not sure which version because there are various types but you can earn prizes and there are plenty of games you can play that will keep you engaged.

Smelly Mystery anyone? This one is a classic for me! I thought that game was hilarious and very interesting tbh with the corny storytelling/gags. The "suspects" are pretty weird and I didn't realize they were monsters until a few years later. XD I remember the very day my sister and I received that CD as a gift from my neighbor. I don't remember if she didn't want it anymore or if it was a birthday present. They were plenty of things you can click around and of course, they can animate on their own. If you guys have no clue who or what the Smelly Mystery is. Think back to the 'Little Critter' series you read back in Elementary School. Mercer Mayer was the one who wrote those books and came up with this story as well.
Last edited by lil.pinknugget on Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Did anyone here play any CD-ROM games?

Postby U wot m8 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

I have Zoo Tycoon 2 series, older the sims 3 cd's and older raymans + origins with Silent Hill 3 and F.E.A.R 2 found on e-bay.
With newer games I have both The Evil Within games and Mad max, and it's all lol
I like having CD's but digitals are usually cheaper uhm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
U wot m8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 pm

u wot m8 wrote:I have Zoo Tycoon 2 series, older the sims 3 cd's and older raymans + origins with Silent Hill 3 and F.E.A.R 2 found on e-bay.
With newer games I have both The Evil Within games and Mad max, and it's all lol
I like having CD's but digitals are usually cheaper uhm

I remember playing those kinds of games online on some sort of platform that comes with a new laptop/computer. You get a free trial and I would just sit there and play those games all day. I loved the Sims and Zoo Tycoon series!
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drinari » Mon May 14, 2018 11:53 pm

I remember my dad used to rent these from the library for me all the time when I was a kid. The one I remember most vividly was some Harry Potter game lol
╔══════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══════════╗

i like chai tea lattes and taking naps
she/herintjchaotic neutral

╚══════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══════════╝
drinari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Tue May 15, 2018 12:34 am

ᴀʀᴄᴀᴅɪᴀ wrote:I remember my dad used to rent these from the library for me all the time when I was a kid. The one I remember most vividly was some Harry Potter game lol

Ohhh. What kind? I love Harry Potter so I'd like to know. ;)
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saxhleel » Tue May 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Oh my gosh do I feel OLD looking at this.
I remember we had a couple, a few animal ones like dogz & catz 5.
Sonic 3D and Sonic R - Yes. That one.
I have vivid memories of an alien vs predator game.
We also had Diablo and a bunch of star-wars and RTS games for my brother.
Saxhleel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duckez » Tue May 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Not sure if it's a CD-ROM game, but I really liked Freddi Fish as a kid. I remember getting a couple of the games from cereal boxes. Well I didn't really play it but I watched my brother play the game for hours lol
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ImageImage ImageImage
duckez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parasoul » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm

dude. I played so much jumpstart oh my gosh i cant believe someone else actually remembers that game
Jake/chaotic-neutral/enfp ★
Screaming is serious business!

Parasoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 am

Saxhleel wrote:Oh my gosh do I feel OLD looking at this.
I remember we had a couple, a few animal ones like dogz & catz 5.
Sonic 3D and Sonic R - Yes. That one.
I have vivid memories of an alien vs predator game.
We also had Diablo and a bunch of star-wars and RTS games for my brother.

I love the Dogz and Catz games! I still have some for my old Nintendo DS as well. Another game I used to play was Puppy Luv and I would be on that "all day" whenever I come home from elementary school because tbh, I had no friends to hang out with, kidding! My mom was just pretty protective back then so I wasn't allowed to hang out with friends after school or anywhere else so my friends were those games ;)
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me