Game memories

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Game memories

Postby overcastsky » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:18 am

A few months ago I was playing uninvited,( the one from around 1987) and I knew that it was scary but I still wanted to play it. Once I started playing literally minutes in I got to the part with the Scarlett o' Hara lookin' girl. I guess I didn't expect an NES game to have those detailed graphics. ( spoilers- her face melts off.) What are some memories you remember about playing games? they don't have to be old.
Hey, I'm overcastsky.
You can call me over.
I like music, collecting stuff, and old movies/TV shows.
If you want to talk to me about whatever,
go right ahead and message me here.
overcastsky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Game Memories

Postby GAIRENTH » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am

I'll probably revisit this thread very often...

A recent memory of a video game that I have is of Horizon: Zero Dawn. While trying to collect collectibles for PlayStation trophies, I finally came to the point where I had to collect Banuk figures. Simply put, these are figures that are places in "hard to reach places" where it takes some time to get to them. Well as adventurous me tries to get my first one, I spent about an hour trying to scale the sides of mountains, climbing higher and higher just to reach the figures. I would jump on to the tiniest of ledges and have to jump over and over from the same spot just to barely be able to get on top of the next ridge, and it all was just a headache..
Well,
upon my last one when I reached the top, I noticed a few climbing tools going down the side of the mountain. Curious as to if this leads to some sort of reward or treasue, or even easter egg in the game, I followed it all the way to the bottom. And THAT is when I realized I was doing everything all wrong..
Turns out for each figure, there was a legitimate way to climb up the mountain with the way the game intended.
I, however, had been going up each mountain on the wrong side to retrieve the figures.
It kinda bummed me out at first, but then I grew a bit humourously proud of myself for playing against the game, but still being able to reach my goal each time.

It's nothing too hilarious, but I think back often to how ridiculous that was, and I'm always reminded of it when I seek collectibles in other games.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Game memories

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 am

i remember when i was about 4yrs old and i was playing sonic the hedgehog (the one from 91) at my dads house. i drowned and was just like "HOW DID I DIE?!" because i didn't know sonic could drown lmbo. also i didn't know how to save in pokemon emerald, but knew how to turn on and use a pc. i was a weird kid lol....

Image max any neos/him may 5 big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Game memories

Postby overcastsky » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Edgehog.jpg wrote:i remember when i was about 4yrs old and i was playing sonic the hedgehog (the one from 91) at my dads house. i drowned and was just like "HOW DID I DIE?!" because i didn't know sonic could drown lmbo. also i didn't know how to save in pokemon emerald, but knew how to turn on and use a pc. i was a weird kid lol....
Image I FOUND THIS ONLINE
Hey, I'm overcastsky.
You can call me over.
overcastsky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Game Memories

Postby overcastsky » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:01 pm

MedicatedBerry wrote:
I'll probably revisit this thread very often...

A recent memory of a video game that I have is of Horizon: Zero Dawn. While trying to collect collectibles for PlayStation trophies, I finally came to the point where I had to collect Banuk figures. Simply put, these are figures that are places in "hard to reach places" where it takes some time to get to them. Well as adventurous me tries to get my first one, I spent about an hour trying to scale the sides of mountains, climbing higher and higher just to reach the figures. I would jump on to the tiniest of ledges and have to jump over and over from the same spot just to barely be able to get on top of the next ridge, and it all was just a headache..
Well,
upon my last one when I reached the top, I noticed a few climbing tools going down the side of the mountain. Curious as to if this leads to some sort of reward or treasue, or even easter egg in the game, I followed it all the way to the bottom. And THAT is when I realized I was doing everything all wrong..
Turns out for each figure, there was a legitimate way to climb up the mountain with the way the game intended.
I, however, had been going up each mountain on the wrong side to retrieve the figures.
It kinda bummed me out at first, but then I grew a bit humourously proud of myself for playing against the game, but still being able to reach my goal each time.

It's nothing too hilarious, but I think back often to how ridiculous that was, and I'm always reminded of it when I seek collectibles in other games.
oml you poor thing. Sounds like something I would've done.
Hey, I'm overcastsky.
You can call me over.
overcastsky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me