games you hate

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: games you hate

Postby reefslider » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:28 am

Minecraft wrote:i cant stand cookie run.. either of the two popular versions

its a satisfying concept, but like genshin and every other 'free' mobile game its filled with microtransactions to get kids into gambling- then players go on and on bragging about how much money theyve flushed away on it!!!! ive had players proudly tell me they must have a gambling addiction by now, and they dont see why im really disturbed by that?!?!?

i started playing cookie run ovenbreak at launch, and ive played both as a free to play player and then i ended up spending on it.. i had to quit because it was awful for me

even despite the gambling and wildly expensive features, it's got so much crammed into it that it just rots your brain.. and people addicted to it dont know how to talk about it other than as a sales pitch, its honestly sad to see

this is a gacha game model, a lot of mobile games use it and it's designed in every little way to get as much money from you as possible. (honestly if you start looking you'll be able to really easily tell what a sellout almost every single mobile game company is but i digress XP) they have to keep consistently coming out with updates and daily tasks to keep players coming back, and by extension, spending more money, so they tend to get to a point where it's overwhelming and just not a fun game to play and it becomes more of a chore. many, many gacha games are guilty of this. the content can be good in concept but the adaptation of the gacha game model ruins a game.
[url]Image[/url]
[center]
helloooo.. you can call me kiki. i'm an adult and i love to
draw pictures of the things i like and do ameteurish computer
and coding stuff ^_^

i don't really trade or anything like that sorry!!

oekaki gallery ๐Ÿชธ gift thread๐ŸŸ
reefslider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minecraft » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:58 am

reefslider wrote:
Minecraft wrote:i cant stand cookie run.. either of the two popular versions

its a satisfying concept, but like genshin and every other 'free' mobile game its filled with microtransactions to get kids into gambling- then players go on and on bragging about how much money theyve flushed away on it!!!! ive had players proudly tell me they must have a gambling addiction by now, and they dont see why im really disturbed by that?!?!?

i started playing cookie run ovenbreak at launch, and ive played both as a free to play player and then i ended up spending on it.. i had to quit because it was awful for me

even despite the gambling and wildly expensive features, it's got so much crammed into it that it just rots your brain.. and people addicted to it dont know how to talk about it other than as a sales pitch, its honestly sad to see

this is a gacha game model, a lot of mobile games use it and it's designed in every little way to get as much money from you as possible. (honestly if you start looking you'll be able to really easily tell what a sellout almost every single mobile game company is but i digress XP) they have to keep consistently coming out with updates and daily tasks to keep players coming back, and by extension, spending more money, so they tend to get to a point where it's overwhelming and just not a fun game to play and it becomes more of a chore. many, many gacha games are guilty of this. the content can be good in concept but the adaptation of the gacha game model ruins a game.

yup! it sucks.
my degree is in game design so i've whined about gacha games both professionally and for fun (lol) and i still hope eventually they'll dissapear, especially now that more countries are catching on and getting on top of games with loot boxes and gachas..

the fact that so many (so called) developers love to use lootboxes for quick money above ethical practices is probably where half the games i dislike come from lol.. its really sad, because with a little thought its easy to come up with so many different actually interesting ways to design a system similar but far less scummy

theres parts of the cookie run story i used to love, and its sad to think about how the developers dont really care about the characters theyre making stories for, they only do those story arcs because of the need to churn out content and keep people hooked on getting the next character, the next costume, the next exclusive soundtrack...

theres plenty more reasons to hate cookie run, but gacha games are always my biggest ick

Image hi, im minecraft!!! Image

i like weird stories, silly ocs and making things!!
please give me time to think when trading!
click the flags for songs i like :3

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
minecraft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:56 pm

yandere simulator.

when i was younger i'd repeatedly lament over my hate for the game here, i eventually became a fan of it, finding the gameplay fun and the concept interesting, and realizing my hate is because i was too sensitive for my own good. this being said, yes, the game is poorly optimized, has spaghetti code, and my laptop physically slowed down for a while after i downloaded it. my computer which can run games like genshin impact, mind you.

i didn't mind the game until recently, when the actions of alex (aka yandev) were brought to life. he's dosgusting, and i was unaware of the problematic elements of the game until his deplorable behavior was brought to light. i don't give a damn about fictional murder in a school setting, there was literally a trap nestled in an elementary classroom in saw 4. what i do care about is the glorification of grooming, which is pretty damn blatant with the teacher rival. the actions of alex are horrific, and this is a situation where you cannot seperate art from artist. alex is a disgusting person, the crime he comitted shows in his product with the teacher rival. if you cannot bare to put down a game that is just okay at best because you INSIST that you can seperate art from artist in this situationz than i am sorry, but youre extremely gross.

Image max any neos/him may 5 big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:01 am

SAW (2004) wrote:Hatred.
I read a little bit about it, and it's honestly such a disgusting concept, apparently the gameplay sucks too.
Now, do NOT go looking this game up unless you can stomach a lot of violence and swearing. Actually don't look this game up PERIOD, because this game is rated Adults Only 18+ by the ESRB, which is the worst rating you can get.
I luckily read the Wikipedia page which was probably the best of it.

boo this guy stinks get him off the stage (context: hatred is a spiritual succesor to postal 1 n its also p common to see people shipping the mc from hatered with the postal dude andnits surprisingly very cute and wholesome LOL)

anyways yeah i dont hate hatred anymore bros just wanted to be edgy and offend the church and thats super based, it worked on me in 2020 at least LMAO ๐Ÿ’€ to me now it really just looks like a bland uninspired version of the original postal and apparently thats also how it plays (theres even a reference to the "the earth is hungry" monologue from the beginning of postal 1, and the mc from hatred is actually playable in postal redux) but the guys wanted to make an edgy game that was only offensive due to its violence just to piss people off, and god, yeah, they did a good job. cant even be mad at em for it

Image max any neos/him may 5 big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage

ImageImageImage

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amio » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:53 pm

danieldash wrote:Honestly I hate Roblox and GeometryDash

An immediate game didn't come to mind but agreed on Roblox, I love geometry dash lol
I just hate the consumerism of roblox and what a cooperate cash cow its become for the people that own it, kind of exploiting children's creativity and naivety
๐‡๐ข ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐€๐ฆ๐ข๐จ !

โ”
โ”“

I've been a member on Chicken Smoothie for the past 7 years but I originally started 10 years ago on a COPPA account! I'm an art student, addicted pet collector, and animator living in the states!

โ”•
โ”›
Amio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zimmerman » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:14 pm

Never liked Minecraft, although all my friends played it as kids
Zimmerman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:06 am

i somehow hate fortnite even more than when i started the thread, seeing my friends put down minecraft to say fortnite is better and that i cant say that i dislike fortnite since i havent played it in a long time is extremely frustrating, ive never enjoyed the game and i doubt if i play it now i'll start enjoying it.

ImageImageImage

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivias » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:35 am

i hatee overwatch 2. i had played overwatch since maybe...a year after it came out? the updates were less, but consistent & always fresh. i remember being so hype for all the PvE stuff when OW2 was announced, and not only did we not even get that, but what we used to have is..pretty much unplayable LOL

still love the characters tho

hello!
olivias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:01 am

olivias wrote:i hatee overwatch 2. i had played overwatch since maybe...a year after it came out? the updates were less, but consistent & always fresh. i remember being so hype for all the PvE stuff when OW2 was announced, and not only did we not even get that, but what we used to have is..pretty much unplayable LOL

oh my god i couldnt agree more. the original overwatch was such a fun game, and they turned it into a freemium pile of schlock.

ImageImageImage

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivias » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:16 pm

SAW (2004) wrote:
olivias wrote:i hatee overwatch 2. i had played overwatch since maybe...a year after it came out? the updates were less, but consistent & always fresh. i remember being so hype for all the PvE stuff when OW2 was announced, and not only did we not even get that, but what we used to have is..pretty much unplayable LOL

oh my god i couldnt agree more. the original overwatch was such a fun game, and they turned it into a freemium pile of schlock.

agreed, battle passes in video games are truly a disease

hello!
olivias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me