Obscure fandoms?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Obscure fandoms?

Postby charrington » Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Nightingαlε wrote:I like 19th century authors such as Jane Austen, Edgar A. Poe, Lord Byron, etc. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot people who are into the classics these days. I always get so excited when I meet someone who does. ;D

Hello fellow classics fan!! I have to admit that I should probably read more 19th-century authors, but it really is nice to find other people who like classics! :D
we shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.
---
rusty // any pronouns (she/they most common) // adult // aro ace // INTJ // classic lit + biology enthusiast
charrington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Sat May 19, 2018 4:54 pm

I have a hard time finding other people who are into the kind of Sci-Fi I like. Warframe, Subnautica, Oddworld, Evolve, District 9, Animorphs... God, especially District 9. I wish D9 had an actual fandom. And a sequel. I'm also pretty sure the Fate series and Tokyo Ghoul have large fandoms, I just don't see the former and tend to hate the latter. Any fandom with that much rampant transphobia is garbage

charrington wrote:
Nightingαlε wrote:I like 19th century authors such as Jane Austen, Edgar A. Poe, Lord Byron, etc. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot people who are into the classics these days. I always get so excited when I meet someone who does. ;D

Hello fellow classics fan!! I have to admit that I should probably read more 19th-century authors, but it really is nice to find other people who like classics! :D

Sup fellow classics fans! I'm more early 20th century (most of H.G Well's stuff, most of H.P Lovecraft's stuff) and pre 1600s stuff, but the 19th century is good, too!

Imbion wrote:Fandoms that are generally obscure are book series fandoms. Unless they are heavily popular like Harry Potter or have movie remakes of them like The Hunger Games, they often stay hidden within the depths of the Internet.

Anyways, I also find that the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fandom has started to become more and more obscure as time goes on, at least in English-speaking countries. It gained momentum with the release of parts 1-4. but lost that due to the fact the part 5 anime hasn't been announced as of yet.

I heard a rumor about a Vento Aureo anime logo getting copyrighted, but I'm not sure if it was legit or not and haven't seen it since. Maybe they'll have an easier time working with copyright issues now, considering Prince is dead...?
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexiloofroo7 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 pm

CorvusConspicuous wrote:I have a hard time finding other people who are into the kind of Sci-Fi I like. Warframe, Subnautica, Oddworld, Evolve, District 9, Animorphs... God, especially District 9. I wish D9 had an actual fandom. And a sequel. I'm also pretty sure the Fate series and Tokyo Ghoul have large fandoms, I just don't see the former and tend to hate the latter. Any fandom with that much rampant transphobia is garbage

charrington wrote:

Sup fellow classics fans! I'm more early 20th century (most of H.G Well's stuff, most of H.P Lovecraft's stuff) and pre 1600s stuff, but the 19th century is good, too!

Imbion wrote:Fandoms that are generally obscure are book series fandoms. Unless they are heavily popular like Harry Potter or have movie remakes of them like The Hunger Games, they often stay hidden within the depths of the Internet.

Anyways, I also find that the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fandom has started to become more and more obscure as time goes on, at least in English-speaking countries. It gained momentum with the release of parts 1-4. but lost that due to the fact the part 5 anime hasn't been announced as of yet.

I heard a rumor about a Vento Aureo anime logo getting copyrighted, but I'm not sure if it was legit or not and haven't seen it since. Maybe they'll have an easier time working with copyright issues now, considering Prince is dead...?

Animorphs? I'm glad I'm not the only one. Everyone gives me weird looks when I pronounce "Hork Bajir"
Lexiloofroo7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am

I halfway count Ninjago and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

I really count Fablehaven, The Pit Dragon Chronicles, The Wingfeather Saga, and Now You See Me
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:45 am

freedom planet fandom is pretty smol, which is a shame, fp is an amazing game!

Image max any neos/him may 5 big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SomberShadows » Tue May 22, 2018 12:36 am

I'd say the OFF Fandom. It's a French RPG game that has a cult following, but I barely see it anywhere. I haven't played the game but I'd like to one day.

"I was convinced I was on this righteous path. Now I realize
that there is no righteous path. It’s just people trying to do
their best in a world where it’s far too easy to do their
worst."

Artist

SomberShadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tzuyulily » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm

Brandi wrote:Do people still love Chobits? I know I will forever. <3 ah!

Ooh, Chobits! I forgot about it! I read the manga a year or two ago, and it was really good!
tzuyulily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalite » Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 pm

tzuyulily wrote:There's a visual novel I played a few months ago called Autumn's Journey, and it's amazing!!! <3 But there's not much fan content for it :'( (I tried to help fix that by writing a fanfic for it. Now there are 4 fanfics about it instead of just 3 XD )

Ahhhh I loved playing Autumn's Journey!!! If you're into that, I also recommend the Magical Otoge series!!

Anyway, my main obsession is mobile rhythm games, and the fandom is pretty decent for rayark's games (cytus, deemo, voez) and lanota, but there's barely anything for tonesphere and arcaea, and the lethe fandom is......... nonexistent......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sta - hall of mirrors
from the game tone sphere
signature template credit
watch hall of mirrors it's good

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
hi!!!!!!
please trade
with me!
or talk to
me about
rhythm games
(especially
mobile games)
♬♪♫

xxxxxxxx

opalite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kelemvor » Wed May 30, 2018 4:44 am

Has anyone heard of the Bartimaeus Trilogy? It's a lot of fun, about a genie that's bound to an apprentice mage
Kelemvor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coelagirl » Wed May 30, 2018 11:22 pm

Kelemvor wrote:Has anyone heard of the Bartimaeus Trilogy? It's a lot of fun, about a genie that's bound to an apprentice mage

OH Boy! The Bartimaeus trilogy are like my favorite books, ever!!
Sister | Toyhouse | ArtFight
I was chosendragon | Ugly bag of mostly water
Coel (say "seal") | she/her/hers | adult | BLM

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me