Obscure fandoms?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Obscure fandoms?

Postby Ɽotten Ⱡegacy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Oh wow, this thread is kind of dead.
Good thing I was looking for it, because I found a new thing :D

VVVVVV
https://thelettervsixtim.es/
It's certainly not the MOST obscure thing I've posted here, but I can't seem to find very many people who like it. In the FOUR DAYS after rediscovering the game, it has grown to be one of my top favorites. It's difficult--not as difficult as Catgrim, but still a tough game to beat. I should mention that the full game isn't free, it costs $5.00. You can play a demo on Kongregate, which you can get to using the link above.
Quoting directly from the demo...
"VVVVVV is a platformer where you cannot jump - instead, you can reverse your own gravity every time you make contact with a floor or ceiling. VVVVVV focuses on this one simple gameplay mechanic and explores it in detail. The game is designed not to artificially gate your progress. In VVVVVV, there are no locks, no powerups, no switches, nothing to stop you progressing except the challenges themselves. VVVVVV is by Terry Cavanagh, creator of the free games Don't Look Back, Pathways and many others. It features over half an hour of chiptune music by composer Magnus Pålsson. The full version contains lots of additional levels set in a huge overworld, as well as new game modes and a secret minigame."

EDIT: 9/21/2018
It has been twenty days since I bought VVVVVV, and I have quite a bit more to say about it now.
I love everything about this game. The plot is unique to other games I've played. It doesn't waste time with forgettable side characters; each of the six characters manage to have distinct and entertaining personalities. Even with the characters I'm not too fond of, it's more of a "I just like everyone else more" rather than "I specifically dislike you". The simple visuals and backgrounds reflect the gameplay and music perfectly; the simple controls are a huge part of why it's so good, as well. It's literally impossible to get confused by them. You move left, you move right, and you flip gravity. That's all, and it stays the same everywhere.
Even the room names are well thought-out and helpful, if you look into them enough. And some of the room names are just funny or clever, like Frown Upside Down and Doing Things The Hard Way.
And the game is very forgiving. Deaths don't send you back too far as long as you hit the checkpoints, and even in the Gravitron, you get a checkpoint every five seconds. So, yeah, it might take a while, but you will eventually complete it, as long as you keep Pushing Onwards.
The music is by far the best video game music I've heard. I can't begin to explain it. Pressure Cooker, Predestined Fate, and Presenting VVVVVV are too good for words. Positive Force is good, of course, but unlike a lot of other people, I don't think it's the best. That title goes to one of the three mentioned before, though I'm not sure which one. Even if you don't like the game, you probably will like the music. I've seen people buy the soundtrack without buying the game!
(And, even though it doesn't appear in-game, Waiting For VVVVVV is one of my favorites.)

I have so much more that I could say here, but I don't want to make this post too long. I'll leave you with this video of me "speedrunning" the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXoWtMwt0BU
Last edited by Ɽotten Ⱡegacy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕,
𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
· [ they/ve/it ] · [ carrd ] · [ th ] · [ art shop ] · [ look at my cat ] ·

Greetings! I'm Vesper, your friendly neighborhood Heizou enthusiast.
I'm always eager to chat about anything or infodump about my hyper-
fixations if you give me the chance, so feel free to hit me up if you
want! I'm a big fan of Genshin, Will Wood, Pretty Boy Detective Club,
fictional detectives in general, and much more - check my carrd!

My hobbies include drawing, voice acting, designing characters,
singing, writing all sorts of different things, and just doing my best <3

weather update:
lyney

· [ madhouse - Matt Maltese ] ·
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Ɽotten Ⱡegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfyyoyogamer » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:47 pm

the marble hornets fanbase ;w;
wolfyyoyogamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:42 pm

rusty lake cube, roots ect..
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexiloofroo7 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Lackadaisy
A comic about cats
Lexiloofroo7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby overcastsky » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm

petscop. It's hella creepy and I kinda love it??

also Kid and teenagers, a webcomic my friend got me into a couple years ago.Idk why but theres something nostalgic about it that is just v special to me.
Hey, I'm overcastsky.
You can call me over.
I like music, collecting stuff, and old movies/TV shows.
If you want to talk to me about whatever,
go right ahead and message me here.
overcastsky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:50 am

I am completely convinced by now that ARMS totally counts as an "obscure fandom"
It's one of the best-selling games on the Switch
Don't even ask me how this is physically possible. ;w;
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:54 am

Sinna_Roll wrote: i haven't found anybody that likes it (and that's probably because it was made in 2009 but still)

I know games from the early 2000s that still have fandoms lol
Technically not a fandom, but it's very hard to find anyone irl who has OCs.
Also, Sonic fandom is slowly dying out, my friends either never played it or don't like it, with the exception of a few people.

Image max any neos/him may 5 big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry Boy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:31 pm

okAY so recently when I was reading a manga on a site when I saw this certain ongoing manwha (as far as I know its a manwha?) that is called Peerless Dad and oh god its so good the art and story really got me but the thing is that I haven't seen people talking about it like in other fandoms and I think it deserves more recognition than it already has :o

Also Golden Kamuy kinda
aa i love these boys
Aquarius / Mexican / Where I post most of my art!
I'm Cherry, I'm just a person that likes anime, drawing and writing
Also I laugh all the time and atm I'm stuck in the Opm, Dr.Stone, Overlord and Golden Kamuy fandoms!! c:

"Well, if you cannot go to paradise when you die, you can always stay with me"
Cherry Boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Peerless Dad ...who did write this?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:50 am

~HistoricMystery~ wrote:rusty lake cube, roots ect..

I’ve almost got all of the games in that series! (Except for chapter 2 of Paradox, I don’t have the money yet.) I don’t even like horror games much, and I love the series.

I think my favorite games are the premium ones, because they rely less on jumpscares and more on “all of this bad stuff is happening around you and you can’t stop it and oops you’re a part of it”. Especially Paradise. That game messed me up.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me