Obscure fandoms?

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Obscure fandoms?

Postby zamatsenga » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:00 pm

lostmelody. wrote:Foxcraft. A series written by Inbali Iserles that needs more attention. It has the quality of Warriors and Wings Of Fire, the characters are fresh, the plot twists and spells are well written...
And you never know who's friend or foe.
Plus, magic foxes.

i've read this and i'll have to agree with you on this one. i think a fandom may be developing, but as of now it is rather minute, but hopefully this fandom will grow to be a warriors-size! c:
zamatsenga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rissebisse » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 pm

foxycritter wrote:
Eyebros wrote:i'm a huge ghost (bc) fan. there are lots of people who like the music but it seems like only a few are invested in the story and characters around the band ://

I just got into Ghost a few months ago!! Love both the music and the story. I'm really looking forward to seeing if Copia becomes a Papa or not. Also, RIP Papa III lmao, too good for this world

Tobias mentioned that Copia would be around for about 5 years or so. That makes me think that he will get a promotion of some kind. I actually got to see the band live in early june and it was one of the most amazing moments of my life. I would be insane if i didn’t mention how much i love all the ghouls and ghoulettes. My smol babies
➖🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪
⬜⬛🟪⬜⬛🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟪⬛⬛⬛⬛🟪🟪🟪
➖🟪⬛⬛🟪🟪🟪🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪🟪🟪🟪
➖➖🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪🟪🟪🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪🟪🟪🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪➖➖🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪➖➖🟪
➖➖➖➖🟪➖➖🟪
Rissebisse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Peregrin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 am

For a while it was Princess Tutu, but whether because I just didn't know the anime community at first or it's ridden the popularity of Madoka Magica, it's actually really popular in the anime community now, so I have nothing to complain about. Instead, I give you The Last Unicorn (specifically the book). The movie has a bit of a cult following, but the book is seriously underappreciated. It's just beautifully written and it's one of my all time favorite books!
Captain Peregrin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby citielights » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 am

I’ve really fallen in love with this electronic band Studio Killers recently!! I’ve never heard them mentioned anywhere and discovered em on a Spotify mix
citielights
adult player ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ furry artist ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚cat lover ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚2000s obsessed
ImageImage
citielights

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fossington » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 pm

MONSTER PROM.!!!!
HI THIS IS A WIP STILL BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ON THIS SITE IN A FEW YEARS BUT I DECIDED TO COME BACK SO HI!!

I’m Fossy, formerly known as Hamiltonfan12!

She/her!!
Fossington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ɽotten Ⱡegacy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:19 pm

flowermist. wrote:
lostmelody. wrote:Foxcraft. A series written by Inbali Iserles that needs more attention. It has the quality of Warriors and Wings Of Fire, the characters are fresh, the plot twists and spells are well written...
And you never know who's friend or foe.
Plus, magic foxes.

i've read this and i'll have to agree with you on this one. i think a fandom may be developing, but as of now it is rather minute, but hopefully this fandom will grow to be a warriors-size! c:

I also love Foxcraft! It's probably my third favorite series :D
Now, I have another obscure thing :o
This game is SO obscure that I can't even find it on Google Images by directly searching the name, and there's nothing about it on YouTube either. Seriously--when I search its name, Google asks if I meant "Catgirl". And it comes up with 11,200 results, which is pitiful compared to the 300 million or so that you can get from most other searches. It's sad, really.

CatGrim
https://www.bubblebox.com/play/2120/catgrim.htm
Let me preface this by saying that this is, by far, the most difficult game I have ever played. I've grown accustomed to the precise timing and parkour in the earlier stages, but I still can't beat the final one. I'm just not that good :')
I'll just make some compilation of the...very few descriptions that I found of the game.
"CatGrim is about a trans-dimensional cat. At least, I think it is. While felines are often associated with the supernatural and all manners of prowess, I'm not really sure how better to explain the fact that CatGrim's furry hero can switch through different layers of reality at will."
"Use your power of intangibility to fade through 18 soul crushing levels."

Couldn't be more right, I die a little bit every time I have to restart the final level ;_;
"CatGrim was inspired by the single-screen arcade games of old where the entire screen was the level (Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc)."
Nevertheless, however difficult it is, CatGrim still made my childhood a bit more interesting--and that's always welcome. I had completely forgotten about it until a few days ago, at which point I decided to try and find it. But I didn't remember the title, and given the obscurity of the game, it's unlikely that I would have ever found it by searching on Google.
(I was only able to find it because I was searching all the games tagged with 'Cat' on Y8; I had tried doing that before, but I apparently overlooked it. Did--did you know that Y8 has 831 cat games?)
sigh...can't procrastinate any longer. I suppose I have to go back to the torturous cycle of trying to finish level 18 :'I
Here's a screenshot of it ;_;
p l e as e s send he lp :')

sorry for the long post

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕,
𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
· [ they/ve/it ] · [ carrd ] · [ th ] · [ art shop ] · [ look at my cat ] ·

Greetings! I'm Vesper, your friendly neighborhood Heizou enthusiast.
I'm always eager to chat about anything or infodump about my hyper-
fixations if you give me the chance, so feel free to hit me up if you
want! I'm a big fan of Genshin, Will Wood, Pretty Boy Detective Club,
fictional detectives in general, and much more - check my carrd!

My hobbies include drawing, voice acting, designing characters,
singing, writing all sorts of different things, and just doing my best <3

weather update:
lyney

· [ madhouse - Matt Maltese ] ·
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Ɽotten Ⱡegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skellaton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:01 am

nearly.witches wrote:

also has anyone ever watched LOST series? i watched all 6 seasons five times
before it left Netflix ;-;

i just watched LOST and I loved it so so so much!! i know a lot of people criticized how weird it got in the end but I thought that made it idk more interesting tbh?? i think its my favorite show.

₵herry₮ree wrote:I'm practically in love with Neal Shusterman with his phenomenal writing style. I'm not sure if counts as a 'fandom' but me and my best friend fangirl about his 'unwind' series almost everyday haha. (Summer why?? I need to finish that series and the library is too far!!) I've never really meant someone who actually enjoys his books to me and my friends'(probably extreme) extent, most of my classmates just whine about his book since we had to read it for class. I don't know why, he's such an excellent writer that really makes you think.

I read the Unwind series last year and I actually really liked it!! I have read a couple of his other books and my favorite i think was called Challenger Deep -- its nothing like Unwind bc its realistic fiction and its about a boy fighting with a mental illness. I really appreciated the writing in it and thought it was eye-opening and taught people about this mental illness in a way where people could really feel what the character felt. ( i dont know which book you read for class and if its this one sorry)
call me gray
. capricorn . US . infp . 18
i am probably listening
to elliott smith
twitter

skellaton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autvmn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:53 am

Honestly just got into the show "This Close" (its a sundance original) and oh my god.

Quoting IMDb who's quoting Sundance

"Dealing with work, romance and family drama is never easy. But BFFs Kate and Michael, who are both deaf and live in Los Angeles, are about to face new challenges - including a bad breakup, being tokenized at work and a troubling secret - all of which test their bond in surprising ways. If they want to survive the rough road ahead, they'll have to be there for each other - no matter what."

Oh my god its amazing, Soshannah Stern -- one of my favorite actresses- (played Eileen Leahy on Supernatural) wrote and stars in this with her cowriter and oh my god. *-*
Image Image
↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕
♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥
𝑰❜𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒕❜𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒘𝒆𝒅.
♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥
↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕

Image Image
Autvmn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmolDrago » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am

have any of you heard of Six of Crows? its a book duology by Leigh Bardugo and OML i am obsessed. Its got action, drama, romance, suspense, and is ethnically and LGBT inclusive. there's two book but i swear if we dont get a movie imma march straight down to universal studios and shove it in their faces. the best part? everyone is a little (or a lot) bit of a villian, and extremely relatable.
SmolDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sayaka maizono » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:05 pm

a webcomic i found about a year ago called the property of hate has barely even been heard of. the fanbase is a bit big, but at the same time i can't find anybody that reads it unless i look on tumblr of ffn or some other place like that

i also really like the book claws by mike grinti and rachel grinti, but there literally isn't a fandom for it. same way with the heck series by dale e. basye

i also really like the game my pet shop - the ds one, not the app. the storyline is amazing (even if i haven't finished it yet) but i haven't found anybody that likes it (and that's probably because it was made in 2009 but still)
┌───────────────────┐
sinna | he/him | adult
aromantic | trans man
black lives matter
──────
welcome to white space.
you have been living here for as long as you can remember.
──────
my friends!! <3

──────
art shop | trade thread
previously sinna_roll and just natsuki.
kind of a mess rn, please be patient
└───────────────────┘

sayaka maizono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery