music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby thatsokayy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:44 pm

favorite artist? why?: oof i feel like a stan but uhh, joji, because i've been listening to him for a while now, and i can put all his songs on repeat without getting tired of them.

all-time favorite song? why?: ,, you suck charlie by joji, or demons. but i also like i hope you're okay by flatsound

least favorite artist? why?: imagine dragons, because it just sounds yucky, and melanie martinez, bc i never really liked her songs in the first place, and after what she did,, and any country artists are nnnnahhhh

current favorite song? why?: really any dream/bedroom pop song, and atm i guess picture frames by raybaboon and worldstar money by joji

favorite album?: i dont listen to albums that much, but i guess in tongues??

favorite music news source?: youtube?

favorite music platform?: youtube

who have you seen live?: phish
❝ KISS ME WITH
─────────────
x x x x x x x x
she/her
aquarius ☉&☾, scor. ↑

x x x x x x x x
─────────────
YOUR EYES CLOSED
─────────────
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
WHISPER THAT YOUR
──────────────
x x x x x x x x
about me | my ao3
my spotify | my editing insta

x x x x x x x x
──────────────
HEART SHOWS ! ❞
──────────────
thatsokayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 am

favorite artist? why?: why don’t we (and blackbear); they are genuinely so kind and sweet and their voices are actually from god
all-time favorite song? why?: him and I by g easy and Halsey bc it shows how cute and AMAzing their relationship is
least favorite artist? why?: zayn; it’s mean but he’s annoying
current favorite song? why?: cheatau by blackbear. Just recently got into his music and it’s deep bro.
favorite album?: only the beginning
favorite music news source?: uh what is that. I mean I get music recommendations from my friends
favorite music platform?: spotify ; I think that’s what it means right?
who have you seen live?: why don’t we
FREE PALESTINE

live free or die

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagpieSoul » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:37 am

favorite artist? why?: Well, one of them would be Corey Taylor (well, the entire band - Slipknot), because he has such an amazing voice and he can be really funny. And Tommy Karevik, vocalist from the unique band Kamelot, his voice is so beautiful.

all-time favorite song? why?: One of them would be Crybaby by Melanie Martinez, because I can relate to it.

least favorite artist? why?: I have too many to name, but one of them would be that guy whom sang Despacito because that song annoyed me to death (that sounded too much, but I don't like latino music in general, nor I'm a fan of spanish language (it sounds odd to me), and I don't listen to what's being played on MTV and the radio...), Nicki Minaj because of her music, the way she sings and the meaning of the lyrics...

current favorite song? why?: The one I named previously, I have also forgot to mention I'm not Jesus by Apocalyptica and Corey Taylor, the music is just so powerful, and one part of the song ''Do you remember me? The kid I used to be'' reminds me of the story I'm writing, so yeah, it's a little strange...

favorite album?: Hard to decide...There are really good albums I've listened to, but I just can't decide.

favorite music news source?: I don't have one, since I'm not really much of a type who follows news a lot.

favorite music platform?: I don't have one, but I mostly listen on YouTube, if that counts as music source?

who have you seen live?: Unfortunately, nobody, never been to a concert before, but I really wish I could be on one someday...
MagpieSoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm

favorite artist? why?: SPYAIR is my fairly new favourite band. The reason being that I think Ike, the vocalist, has a beautiful voice and makes use of it very well. I also enjoy their songs a lot. I also love Falling In Reverse (FIR) and have listened to them for a long time. I like the topics they sing off.
all-time favorite song? why?: It's always been The Drug In Me Is You by FIR because that was the first song that I listened to by them and it's always been there for me. But lately I've been listening to other stuff, so I would say Beautiful Days by SPYAIR comes pretty close^^
least favorite artist? why?: I have quite many but to name one, I've never been a fan of Justin Bieber; I dislike his songs and his attitude, and the stuff he sings about isn't really my style
current favorite song? why?: Liar by SPYAIR because it's lyrics hit me hard and I love the way the song is built up.
favorite album?: Fashionably Late by FIR
favorite music news source?: I don't really have a favourite but I mostly use Alternative Press
favorite music platform?: Spotify but thy don't have all songs so otherwise I use iTunes
who have you seen live?: Bring Me The Horizon, Hollywood Undead, Sleeping With Sirens, Rise Against and going to see Falling In Reverse next week. There was also the warm-up bands like Pears and others that I can't remember right now xD
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 pm

been a long time since i've been on this thread but i recently got into gorillaz!

i love the concept of a virtual band so much and i love how their songs are so different from each other and
    yet you can still tell that it's gorillaz. does anyone have any recommendations for what songs to start out with?
    i love feel good inc, dare, clint eastwood, andromeda and el manana a lot so far!
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

BananaSocks wrote:

been a long time since i've been on this thread but i recently got into gorillaz!

i love the concept of a virtual band so much and i love how their songs are so different from each other and
    yet you can still tell that it's gorillaz. does anyone have any recommendations for what songs to start out with?
    i love feel good inc, dare, clint eastwood, andromeda and el manana a lot so far!

I highly suggest revolving doors, to binge, and plastic beach. Those are my favourite songs. Latin Simone and Tomorrow comes Today are also great. Also, 5/4 is hilarious to listen to.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IHaveNoFandoms » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

BananaSocks wrote:

19-2000 is one of my favorite songs. Don't know if you will like it, but I admire how 'chill' it sounds and Noodle's vocals. I liked Noodle's former vocals a lot more, personally.
I also like the instrumentals of Rhinestone Eyes a lot.
On Melancholy Hill has a sad... Melancholy kind of sound, if you like that.
I agree-the fact that it is a virtual band is really interesting, and I have never heard of one before. C:
IHaveNoFandoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:45 am

omg guys i went to a foo fighters concert the other night and it was the most amazing thing ever

like i didn't consider myself a 'fan' of foo fighters (technically), i went bc my dad had tickets but like.... i definitely do now lmao
    it opened with weezer for an hour and i'm a fan of a few of their songs so it was really cool (unfortunately it was daylight so there weren't really any ~special effects~) but man rivers' voice sounded exactly the same as it did on their self-titled album literally 24 years ago (ouch that hurts to think about) and they played mostly their old songs that i knew so that was allg
    but man when foo fighters came on it was amazing like dave grohl has so much energy for a 49 year old dude, and i hadn't listened to their new album (which was what the tour was for) besides like three songs, one of which i really really really liked and they played that one!! we were literally right up the back (under a kinda roof thing bc the area where the entry was and food was old and stuff kinda jutted out a bit) but it turned out better that way bc we could stand up and dance lol (the onlyyy problem was the huge light stand thing blocking out the place where dave grohl was for 70% of the show but good thing they have those big screens)
    the drummer was amazing he played a solo for like 20min and immediately went on to lead sing a song he must've been so exhausted but somehow he didn't show it?? but i mean i guess having dave grohl as ur lead singer you'd better be a pretty amazing drummer lol
    idk it was super fun and he was really interactive with the crowd (something i definitely didn't get from acdc or anything like that)
    like they're all super down-to-earth and he's just really awesome (and his hair is amazing ofc)
    they also pulled up a guy from the crowd to play the lead guitar for monkey wrench and he was actually really good lool
    they also did an encore of like 4 songs afterwards ugh it was just so cool, i haven't been to many concerts but that was by far the best

"it wasn't very rock and roll of me but i had to tie my shoe" - dave grohl 2k18
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am

hey,,, i know this thread's kinda dead n such and this is late but did y'all hear about frank iero's dog sweet pea :(

favorite artist? why?: green day bc,,, i'm obsessed and have been since 2010!

all-time favorite song? why?: longview for sure. it's just,,, such a jam and i love playing it on bass.

least favorite artist? why?: probably sum 41 just bc i have mad memories associated with them

current favorite song? why?: misery by green day or she's out of her mind by blink-182 !!

favorite album?: nimrod or warning:!

favorite music news source?: kerrang

favorite music platform?: spotify

who have you seen live?: green day and train!
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 am

Alrighteo my people, I have got a quick question for those of you willing to take your time to read and answer it. So, I'm in music class and our goal for the end of the term is to be able to play at least three different songs (I'm aiming for four or five though) and I can't seem to find anything relatively easy for piano/keyboard (as I'm a beginner). I am hoping to do older songs, for example, I am already learning Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven for my first song but as I said I still can't find any others that would be cool. Any ideas guys? I'm open to any and all (easier please) suggestions.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups