music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby Scripturient » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:54 am

Okay so after I had started a half review last week (?) And said I'd post the other half sometime later, i got super duper busy with work and family and psycho abd so on and so forth.
Buuuut I must say doing the review had been really fun and I wanna do more reviews now, of "older" albums (let's say about everything before 2005.
If you guys have suggestions for an album I should review, I'd be super happy to hear about it!
For now, I'll just wait if I get some answers and suggestions, and if not, I'll do a review on Evanescence's first album "Evanescence RP" from 1998. Guess I'll post it around coming Sunday^^
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.
I love RPing and making up stories. I'm a musician, writer and artist...ah and a weirdo.
Feel free to PM me for any reasons, my in box is always open for everyone C:

If you ever see me running, follow me!
Either the zombies are attacking or there's chocolate around.
Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

@kapakuchu
hello!! welcome to the group!!
i really liked 'take me to church' by hozier, and i know that's the popular song by him, but he has an amazing voice. i havent taken the time to listen to him, but ive been meaning to!!
yes, lana is one of my favorites, and i adore the song brooklyn baby. it's probably my favorite from Ultraviolence. i love that album so much. i wasn't much of a fan of her paradise album, but i loved born to die.
also fifth harmony is one of my least favorites as well. i just never really clicked with them i guess. there lyrics didnt mean much to me, and i feel like work from home is a rip-off of rihanna's work. im not a fan of either song, but i love rihanna, so i wasn't super happy when fifth harmony came out with that other song.

alex darke
yay!! if you've heard john prine's self titled album, maybe do that one?
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wattson » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:46 pm

favorite artist, and why;twenty one pilots because I can relate to their lyrics, the fanbase is (pretty much) really nice people, and tyler and josh are really amazing
favorite song, and why;tough question, but probably forest by top because it has a nice melody and the lyrics are good.
favorite lyric, and why;"are you searching for purpose? the write something yeah it might be worthless." this is my favorite lyric because I struggled a lot with self worth and my purpose for being on earth and when I first heard those lyrics is started writing books and poems and its helped me a lot
favorite album, and why; pretty. odd. by p!atd because I love ryan ross
favorite genre;alternative/rock
favorite music news source [if any];any really. I find out most things from people on instagram lol
least favorite artist, and why;don't have one c:
least favorite song, and why; sweatshirt by Jacob sartourious (is that how you spell it??) because his voice isn't *the best* and the lyrics aren't good + he treats some of his fans badly (I could make a 20 page rant on Jacob tbh)
favorite music service spotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);digital because people cant hear what im listening to lol
wattson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 pm

@fall away
welcome to the group!!
ahh another twenty one pilots fan!! i love them so very much, and it's always fun to find another fan!!
forest is definitely one of my favorite songs, i love the video of tyler performing it in the streets, his screaming at the end, it shook me to my core. so much emotion in that one song. its crazy. and that line from kitchen sink is probably one of the most impressive lines tyler has written. i hope you aren't struggling with self worth anymore!!!!
pretty. odd. is also an amazing album by panic!. it's not my favorite by them, but i really enjoy it. i think my favorite track is 'we're so starving'.
ryan you gotta come back pls.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wattson » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 pm

thanks for the welcome c:
wattson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skeleton, » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:21 pm

@fall away
welcome :)

yknow i really love panic!.

but i never really liked pretty.odd that much. the album seems to be so popular in the fanbase and i don't really like it? i loved northern downpour though, one of my favorite panic! songs.
ryan ross come back please

also @dark.leaf
i agree with you on jacob!!
skeleton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fjhhjjhgkkh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:52 am

realjoshdun wrote:@kapakuchu
i really liked 'take me to church' by hozier, and i know that's the popular song by him, but he has an amazing voice. i havent taken the time to listen to him, but ive been meaning to!!
yes, lana is one of my favorites, and i adore the song brooklyn baby. it's probably my favorite from Ultraviolence. i love that album so much. i wasn't much of a fan of her paradise album, but i loved born to die.
also fifth harmony is one of my least favorites as well. i just never really clicked with them i guess. there lyrics didnt mean much to me, and i feel like work from home is a rip-off of rihanna's work. im not a fan of either song, but i love rihanna, so i wasn't super happy when fifth harmony came out with that other song.

gotta admit take me to church was the first song I heard by him, i thought it was amazing and looked up more of his music! If you do listen to more of his songs, I definitely recommend Work Song or Arsonist's Lullaby.
    ultraviolence has gotta be my favourite album by her too, The Other Woman is another song I like from there I forgot to mention.
fjhhjjhgkkh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jungkook » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:28 am

favorite artist, and why;BTS:They are so incredibly talented and their music shows a wide range of their skills, including vocals, rap and dance. They're also very hilarious
Bishop Briggs: I absolutely love her voice and the vibe she sets with her music, it so lovely
favorite song, and why;Jeze this is actually so so so hard, it changes daily. Today I'd probably say Mama-Hoseok of bts because the vibe is just really my style and it's so touching.
favorite lyric, and why;Idek man I can't choose to be completely honest with you, I'll think about it and fill it in later
favorite album, and why;Hmmmm.....this is a really good question. Wings-bts is good. It has a wide range of styles to listen to so I hardly grow bored if I decide to listen to it solely, along with each members solo songs.
favorite genre;K-pop, rnb, future bass, trap, house, like everything tbh, I like some songs from all genre's
favorite music news source [if any];I follow a lot of music channels on youtube and tumblr.
least favorite artist, and why;Don't have one
least favorite song, and why;Mmmm, I really don't think I have one. I usually see the beauty in all music!
favorite music serviceYoutube is very lovely to find new tunes
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);I tend to go digital these days, but nothing can beat the feeling of having a physical copy.
Last edited by Jungkook on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

adult, she/they
#1 certified
hopekook simp bot

Jungkook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripturient » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:35 am

realjoshdun wrote:@kapakuchu

alex darke
yay!! if you've heard john prine's self titled album, maybe do that one?

sounds good^^
definitely looking forward to check it out in a few days^^
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.
I love RPing and making up stories. I'm a musician, writer and artist...ah and a weirdo.
Feel free to PM me for any reasons, my in box is always open for everyone C:

If you ever see me running, follow me!
Either the zombies are attacking or there's chocolate around.
Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:45 am

@jungkook
hello! welcome!
ill be honest and say ive heard of the bands youve listed, but never listened to them before! i love this thread because i get to hear about all these new bands that sound super rad. ive never listened to kpop before, but i think i'll have to check it out! i've always loved foreign films, so i hope ill love foreign music.
also, i 100% agree about how its always nice to have that physical copy. i go digital a lot, but if i find myself liking an album, i always gotta go pick it up in vinyl form. its always nice holding it in my hands.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me